My current favorite is Reel Big Fish's cover of Sublime's Boss DJ.
2. Have you ever lived in an apartment where you were the only member of your gender?
3. What's better: Getting oral sex while working on your favorite hobby (providing it's a hobby that you can do while sitting still enough to have oral done) or getting oral sex after just waking up in the morning?
I have to write a brief article for my homeowners' association newsletter thingie. There's really nothing happening, or else I would have at least someplace to start. So, TQC, what should I write about?
Edited to add: There are seasonal reminders that are necessary, or else we'd give it a pass. The last one went out this time last year, if not earlier. The column's window-dressing to make people feel we aren't yelling at them.
The yelling: -don't abandon your vehicle here, or we'll tow it. -stain your deck, or we'll do it for you (not in a nice way). -while you're at it, keep the damn thing clean. And that does not mean "spread your shit out in the area surrounding your deck," that means keep it clean. -keep it down in there! damn youngsters. -you want to attend our meetings? please don't, but here's how. -here's the number of the management company. they like to hear from you; we don't. actually, they don't either, if you're just calling to bitch about your neighbor. if you are, grow a pair and talk to your neighbor. if that doesn't work, call the police- if it's a legitimate complaint. IF. -quit telling us to weed the damn detention pond, it's fine the way it is- and you like the ducks, anyway.
The current window-dressing: -here's what happened at our last annual meeting! -our now-president won the $50 raffle at the last annual meeting. coincidence? hmmm... -bios of the board. -list of restaurants. -game reviews for the Wii.
where do you draw the line when it comes to people making comments about race/nationality/religion/stereotypes? how far is too far? do you have a gauge? what's a joke and what's not? how do you deal with people that say things that make you uncomfortable?
my coworker is racist and it's really annoying because in other ways he's fine and i want to be his friend and plus well, we work together, so it'd be good if i didn't hate his guts, yanno. i went off on him today about something and he claimed he was joking.
1. I was feeling like ass yesterday so I stayed in bed/slept until 10pm. I'm wide awake and it's 6:30am. I have a baby shower at 1pm. Should I try to sleep before it or just stay up all day?
2. Tell me an embarrassing story that happened to you! I was at 6 Flags last summer and I went on this water slide. It was pretty much the scariest and thrilling thing ever. When I got off the raft in front of the long line of people my bikini bottoms weren't all of the way on me anymore. I mooned probably about 100 people. I was in a funk the rest of the day and wanted to go home. We had like 8 hours left before the park closed and my family wasn't leaving over people seeing my booty.
3. Is anyone else doing the 100 movies in 2007 meme? If so, how many have you watched so far? I've watched 74. I'm a movie freak.
4. Do you have any foods you used to hate when you were a kid but you love now? What about foods that you loved as a kid and hate now? I used to love any flavors of crush and root beer when I was a kid. I drank so much of it one summer I haven't drank any of it since. It disgusts me now.
Suppose for a moment that I live in the US and I'm set to marry a fellow that lives in Canada. I'm a US citizen, he's a Canadian citizen.
How would one go about getting married in this situation? Does one of us have to apply for citizenship of the other's country beforehand? Has anyone in here been in a similar situation? I'm quite curious about this and would be ever so thankful if you'd share your story.
(No, I'm not getting married. I'm just very, very curious about a potential situation.)
I am not getting comments sent to my inbox. I checked the comment settings on LJ and the box is clicked to have them emailed to me. My inbox settings are fine too, and they are not being sent to junk mail. What is wrong?
1. I saw an old Simpsons episode recently (the Loch Ness monster episode) and was wondering.. Jim Nabors has that goofy speaking voice, and sings in a baritone. Is he FAKING the high pitched speaking voice?
2. Who raised you? Okay not raised.. but when you got out of grammar school, where did you go and who was the 'authority' figure there? so many households have/need two working parents, or single mothers who have to work.. who was in charge when you got out of grammar or middle school?
(my grandmother lived at home, so she was the caretaker when I was younger)
So...the people who live across the street have no concept of common courtesy. I went to school with the girls who live in the house. More often than not, there are 3-4 cars there. When someone goes to leave, they'll pull a car out and park it on the street.....DIRECTLY BEHIND MY DRIVEWAY.
The side streets in my town are small. We have a van. How the hell are we supposed to get out of our driveway?!? It is extremely difficult to maneuver. Usually we end up driving through the yard, around other vehicles and out the back alley. However, when we have a few days of rain that is impossible.
I've talked to them multiple times. They say they won't park behind our driveway anymore. Off to the side is fine, just not directly behind it. They quit for a few days and it started up again. So I ask again. They comply for awhile and then it starts up. I finally asked one of their mothers. She said she'd take care of it and she couldn't believe her daughter was doing that.
Guess what I woke up to this morning? The roommate's boyfriend's truck parked DIRECTLY behind my freaking drive way.
How can I make them stop!?!?!! If my crappy truck was up and running, I contemplated backing into one of their vehicles. Whoops.
Do any of you know of places that hire while you're still fifteen? I do have a work permit and whatnot, and I turn 16 in June, but that's the problem-- by the time I'm actually 16, all the summer positions will be filled.
I already applied at King Soopers (Kroger, basically), Qdoba, Good Times, and Wendy's, but aside from Qdoba and maybe Good Times, I don't want to work at any of these places.
So, I bought my boyfriend a Dreamcast yesterday.Not for any real reason, just because he wanted one and I thought he should have one. All my friends seem very impressed by this, especially the ones in the US.
Why? Are they hard to find over there or something? What was the last thing you bought someone "just because"?
When you say you have a hangnail, what do you mean? Does this vary by region? Where are you?
I've always wondered about this.
I use the word to refer to the little danglies that occur above the nail, the slivers of nail that come off the side sometimes and the wounds that ensue when you remove them, AND the little slivers UNDER the nail from when the nail breaks/is cut funny.
I took the GRE a few weeks ago. When I was done with the exam, it let me select schools from their database to send my scores to. Along with the schools, it let you pick a department. However, I guess they were outdated because "Physician Assistant" wasn't listed on any of them. (It was a generic list ranging from Engineering, Environmental Sciences, etc.) But when you go to schools' websites, it says "enter code XXXX" to send your scores there. There was nothing like this on my GRE database.
I ended up just sending my scores to the school, in the "general" category. So my scores were sent to the school. From this point, is it possible to have the school forward it to the appropriate department? Or am I out of luck and need to pay to have them sent specifically to one department?
Oh, and bonus: I heard that the song "Here's To The Night" by Eve 6 is about a one-night stand. Is this true?
Years ago I took Kava Kava for anxiety issues and it worked quite well. I stopped taking it for some reason I can't really remember now. Anyway, about a year ago my doctor prescribed Wellbutrin for anxiety and it worked wonderfully, but I developed side effects that the doctor said I couldn't live with (chest pains, shortness of breath). So, I asked him if I could take Kava Kava again. He said no because he heard it messed with your liver.
I can't find any info dated later than 2002 about this. Does anyone out there know about any newer info relating to Kava and the liver?
In some bizarre turn of events, Hugh Hefner and all of his immediate kin die in some boating accident (God forbid). Turns out, in some truly ridiculous geneological twist, you're a distant relative of Hugh and you inherit the Playboy mansion, the magazine and the whole shebang. What do you do with it?
Edited because I sounded (I swear unintentionally) like a conceited bitch. My apologies.
What have you done that you're proud of? Do you ever feel like you were 'fated' to do it?
Two years ago, I started off a forum, for writers, artists, musicians, actors and creative people in general. (we're mainly between 16 and 30, but there are 13 year old members, right up to 60 year old members) I thought it could be 'helpful'. It's two years old today, and I'm feeling just *so* proud. It's brought new friends together, helped out a lot of people with creativity, with real life problems, homework, and with celebrating the good times. I honestly don't know how I would have survived the past two years without it. It's not a perfect forum. It's only got 400 members in total. But I love it anyway.
And it's making me think... at the time, it was a 'crazy' random idea that I came up with, and did almost on the spur of the moment. Just a sudden amazing urge to do it. (I thought about it for about two days). What if I hadn't done it? Or was it just a natural thing for me to have done based on my previous experiences? I'd made yahoo groups and been moderators of other forums before... I really am wondering where I'd be now, where the other members of the forum would be now, if we hadn't had the forum... And then I think... would we just have found substitutes for it because it was something we needed? I don't really believe in Fate, but... I don't know. Something about it seems... I'm not really sure how to describe it.
What have you done that has made you feel proud and you can't believe you were the one to start it off? What about things that you are horrified to think about what would have happened if you hadn't done what you did? Have you ever just suddenly had an urge to do something, and it turned out fantastically?
One of my best friends is going to study abroad for a year in China! I'm so proud of her (she opted to go to a state university in our hometown so she could save her parents money; they're not financially well off) plus she's getting a scholarship with it!!
Can you think of any gift I can give her that will help her transition in China or something she'll find useful? To help, she's Chinese and is pretty fluent in their customs and language already.
Sorry for posting twice within a few hours, but I decided to ask this here, after contemplating it for a while.
I submitted a short story to a magazine's fiction contest last year, the dealine being December. In the instructions, which were printed in the issue featuring last year's winner, it said that "the winners will be notified by mail in 2007" (not specifying a month) and for a list of the winners "send a SASE after March 15."
Now, I sent the envelope but have received no list. They haven't released anything in regards to the contest on either their website or in any recent issues, it already being April, and last year the winning story was featured in the June issue, which is released in May.
What I'm wondering is -- what should I do? Keep waiting? Send another SASE for a list request?
The sump pump went out in my basement today. So...I had a nice little flood. Thankfully nothing was ruined.
What's something crappy that's happened to you lately?
Edit: Links should work now.
Another Edit: I just checked my e-mail and I thought about adding this.
For those of you who use freecycle, when offering an item, have you had people pretty much demand that you give whatever you are offering to them? Or people who "assume" you haven't had any responses so they just assume that the item will go to them? Do they keep bugging you after you've posted that the item is gone?
Have any of you upgraded to Windows Vista Home Basic? I got a free upgrade with the computer I purchased in November and the software just came in the mail today... I'm just curious how other people are liking it so far and if I should go ahead and upgrade now, or if there are still too many bugs...
Anyone in, or near, Detroit.. interested in buying some cheap Nas tickets? I am unable to go due to changes in my work schedule. This Thursday, State Theatre, 6PM. 2 Mezzanine seats next to each other.
Has anyone ever gotten their jacket relined? I'm wondering what the cost range is, or what is typical.
My jacket is an almost full-length wool jacket, and the inside is ripped to shreds. It was expensive in the first place (and I got it on sale X_X) and I'm completely in love with it. My mom thinks I'm silly for wanting it fixed >_<
I got into an argument at work about winning whether one should go for the lump sum or the 20-year annual installments if you won a lottery prize worth like $60 million or whatever that recent Mega Millions thing was.
I said I'd got with the installments, since the lump some is less money total. They said the lump sum would be more because you'd be paying more taxes with the annual payouts. That doesn't make any sense to me. Can anyone explain it?
1. Every year, for the past four years, I've been going to Manhattan to celebrate my birthday. I always manage to find some cool restaurant to go to and I'm at a loss of where to go this year. Nothing looks that good. So what are some really unique restaurants in NYC? I'm interested more in the experience than the food and I've already been to Mars 2112 and The Jekyll and Hyde Club.
2. How in do auctioneers talk so fast?
3. Do you have a really weird mixed breed dog? My parents bought me a dog last year for my birthday that cost $2000(their problem, not mine haha) I have a Miniature Goldendoodle-it's a cross between a Miniature Poodle and Golden Retriever.
EDIT: I know you hate these lol But I want a new digital camera for my birthday and decided on a Canon Powershot. I know it comes in different models(630, 750, 1000, etc etc), but does it matter which one I ask for? Is one better than the other? Any opinions?
1. What do you think of employers checking prospective employees' Facebooks, MySpaces, and other bloggy things when hiring? (I mean for jobs that, historically, have not required thorough background checks.)
Edit: 2. Does your online stuff give an accurate impression of you? Does it give a hire-worthy impression of you? Is it set to "private" or something similar?
3. Let's say you have a candidate who has the right qualifications and good professional references. What would you have to find on their online stuff to refuse to hire them?
My brother just called me to yell at me for not recording some shitty documentary for him last week. I did record it and I gave him the video tape yesterday. Why the hell would I give him a tape if I didn't actually record it?! His anger has now become my anger and I want to yell at someone. Why do you want to yell at someone?
So me & my bro were watching some Family Guy, the episode where Peter & co. get stranded on an island and to entertain themselves they play would you rather. Peter asks "would you rather be black or a cripple?" Bro says "That's dumb, being black is like being socially crippled," and inspires this question. What's the most ridiculous thing anyone has said to you recently?
1. Have you ever written to an advice column? Which one? Did you get an answer?
2. If someone committed murder at the age of, say, 13, and the murder was solved years later, at age 30 or so, would they be charged? Would they be tried as an adult? For the sake of clarity, I'm thinking American law.
3. Has anyone here been legally adopted as an adult? Do you feel like sharing your circumstances?
1) If you had to lose both arms or both legs, which would you lose? 2) If you had to lose your ability to hear or see, which would you lose? 3) If you could save ONE cause that is important to you (save the rainforest, end world hunger, etc.) in return for giving up sex for life, would you do it? It would solve the problem entirely, without any backfire-y consequences (no more cutting down rainforests, no more hungry people, whatever). 4) If you could have any job in the world and not have to worry about money, what job would you take?
I have to put citations in for my thesis that is due monday. I have lost my CMS manuel. I cant buy a new one since I have no money. I googled but I couldnt find anything that will help me but I also suck at googling.
Do any of you have links of somewhere Online that will tell me how to do CMS? I need Bibliography and footnote information for books, articles, archives, email, interviews, etc.
I lost the remote control to my DVD player. My DVD playter is an obscure brand and my friend doesn't think I can buy and program a new remote. Is this true or are there truly universal remote controls out there that may work with my player?
1. I had to get rid of my old tv cause it died on me. So my mom's friend let us borrow her old Samsung tv until we got a new one. I set it up, attached the cable and it won't turn on. I mean...when I was plugging the wire stuff in, I heard it clicking...like when you turn on/off the tv. I know it's definitely not the cable cause when I press the cable button, the display channel shows. When I turn the tv on, nothing comes up. If I wait awhile, do you think it would work? If I called the cable company, would they know what the problem was?
Nevermind this question, the cable guy is coming on Tuesday to fix my TV.
2. What's one song you could listen to all the time and never get sick of it?
3. What does your SO do? (Job wise.) And if you don't have a SO...what does your crush or ex do?
I'm doing study abroad in Europe this summer from May 11-June 10, and I will be traveling to 7 countries. I was wondering if anyone could help me with pre-paid phone service there. I want to be able to call country to country while I'm in Europe as well as back to the United States from time to time. Any suggestions for cheap rates, where to get them, etc?
I recently bought a new computer equipped with windows vista. I have no problems with it at all. Just one strange thing that I don't think has anything to do with vista but still. When I go on to the internet and try to access my deadjournal, it gives me this.
This program cannot display the webpage
Most likely causes: You are not connected to the Internet. The website is encountering problems. There might be a typing error in the address.
What you can try: Check your Internet connection. Try visiting another website to make sure you are connected.
Retype the address.
Go back to the previous page.
This problem can be caused by a variety of issues, including:
Internet connectivity has been lost. The website is temporarily unavailable. The Domain Name Server (DNS) is not reachable. The Domain Name Server (DNS) does not have a listing for the website's domain.
I can update my journal no problem but I can't do anything else without getting this message. I've tried aol, firefox, crazybrowser and IE and nothing works. Anyone know how to fix this before I lose my mind?
For the past week or so I've had this awful taste in my mouth. No matter how much I brush my teeth, use mouthwash, or have a few mints... it's still there! I haven't started any new medications. My diet is basically the same except I am eating less now.
I otherwise feel fine.
Any ideas what could be causing this? Or at least how to stop it?
so i'm planning a wedding. it'll be small because 1) i only want my family and close friends to be there, not a shitload of my acquaintances. 2) price considerations
so there's this guy. he's nice and everything. when we hang out he's fun and i don't mind being around him. but we're not close friends. also up for consideration is that he just got me a job with a very nice financial company.
anyway. he knows about the wedding, that i'm planning it, that it'll be sometime around june, etc. and he expects to be invited.
now a lot of people expect to be invited to this wedding.. i guess because i've been blabbering about it.. because i'm excited. and i was actually planning to have like two weddings.. one for close friends and family, and another just in the park with a whole bunch of my friends and people i know...
so what should i do? what would you do if you didn't have a lot of money for the wedding and wanted it to be special and personal, without hundreds of people you generally hang out with? how would you tell people whom you sorta owe a favor that .. it's for close friends, and they're not a part of that group (i don't know if he thinks he is.. but at some points we hung out a lot. he's slept over my place, we went skiing together, etc.)
hah.. and i do hope that not EVERYONE in the world reads tqc...
Edit: I used the Golden Slumbers one and it was rank. 2 minutes after it stopped fizzing I had to take a shower. The things that came out of it were the worst; I'm not looking forward to picking them out of the tub later.
Say you were about to meet/date a guy/girl for the first time. What are 10 questions you would ask them? Ignore the fact that they would feel like they were being interviewed, what would you really want to know about them? You would know that they were being 100% honest.
Have you ever been able to remain friends with an ex?
If you're a heavy sleeper, or were once upon a time, what were some of the craziest things that you have slept through?
For me, I've slept through numerous earthquakes that have knocked many things over. I'd wake up, and be like, "what the fuck, why are all the picture frames on the wall crooked, why is shit all my shit knocked down? WTF" kinda thing.
The other when I was little and shared a bunk bed with my step brother. I slept on the top part of the bunk, and one day I woke up sleeping on the floor. My step brother said it was the funniest thing that he has ever seen. Apparently I fell, fumbled around a bit in my sleep, and just fell right back to sleep.