March 30th, 2007
I currently have Stevenson acrylic modelling paste on hand (acrylic and marble dust). Will that work? I'm planning to use the paste to smooth out small imperfections.
EDIT: for those who aren't familiar with what I mean by "waterproofing" an item, I mean to seal it with a coat of some substance that will dry to a finish that seals the item to water. Plastic wrap need not apply.
this will be my first time traveling without my parents so i just have a few questions. we will be going to honolulu right after exams. (may 1st-may 7th) -- i asked about buying tickets online a while back
1. we figure, the more stops we have the cheaper the tickets are so...we found a few with two stops and we're totally okay with that. my question is. how much time should we have between stops?
2. what do i do with my luggage? i know this question is so lame and i feel foolish for asking it but the last time i was on a plane my parents took care of everything. do i have to pay extra to have my luggage checked? how big can the carry on be? (i know if we booked wtih an agent i could ask these questions but since we're not, i'm a little paranoid and don't want to run into any surprises at the airport) what do i do with my luggage when we transfer planes? do i have to check it in again or will it be automatically done for me? anything i should know about luggage?
3. where can i go to find information on what i can and can not bring on the airplane/ into the country with me. we're from ontario, canada and will be driving to buffalo airport to catch our plane. we all have passports..anything else?
i'm so excited and nervous about this trip cause everyone says i'll have a fantastic time in hawaii but traveling by plane in the states can be horrible.
any suggestions? recommendations on anything else i should do/bring/be aware of?
any suggestions on what i should do/bring/beware of while in honolulu?
i will definitely do more research once my exams finish up but i'm way too excited/anxious so i just want to get some things off my back and i swear i'll get to studying...soon ;)
yes, i asked a travel community and its already been 10 minutes and no responses. i'm really not use to that since you guys never keep me waiting longer than 4 minutes for an answer. =)
okay, thats it! i swear. thank you ♥
Whats the most embarassing thing that's happened to you?
In 6th grade, my teachers decided it would be fun and educational to visit our city's wastewater treatment plant. Yes, we went to the Poop Plant. . .for a field trip. Then they took us to Pizza Hut for lunch. No one ate a thing.
What's was the last piece of bad news someone gave you?
If so, what is it?
When someone posts a link to a locked entry, do you join the community, or just make them post the text/a screencap, or do you not even bother?
Tribal tattoos: yay or gay?
Any big plans this weekend?
Do you think t-shirts that advertise a person's stance on abortion are in bad taste? What about t-shirts that say something like "Labia Tango" or "Cuntmuffin"?
one of my biggest concerns is moving from a house in which i have live in the same room for 20 years. im not int he least bit organized, and i need to be. everytime i try to get a bag full of good will stuff to donate, i just kind of cave. everything belongs to something else in my room.
HOW DO I GET RID OF CRAP I DONT USE? im about to set a sheet outside and bring everything out there with a save and keep pile.. O-o
2- Rearranging your whole abode on a whim: y/n?
3- Best way to clean tile floors?
4- Other cleaning sort of things you would prescribe to a couple of losers who have no friends that ever come over, so they don't worry too much about how sexy the house looks? :P
2. When was the last time you had a deep conversation with her?
3. When was the last time you had a fight?
4. For those who live at home: have you ever stayed in a hotel room or just stayed away from home for a period of time because you couldn't cope with being there? Where did you go? For how long? Were things better when you came back?
2. How often do you balance your checkbook?
3. Do you have an IP tracker on your LiveJournal? If you do, do you have regular visitors who aren't on your friends list? Does that freak you out?
4. What book can you just not finish, no matter how many times you try to read it?
5. If you heard someone say, "I'm immune to cancer, I've already had it," would you assume they were joking or stupid?
1. Who do you like better?
a. Peter Pan or Captain Hook?
b. Captain Sparrow or Will Turner
c. Legolas or The Dread Pirate Roberts?
2. If a sudden war were to happen in your office between your coworkers, what sort of physical protection do you have, and what kind of projectiles to throw at other people?
3. If you could live in any book, which book would you live in ( and you could be a mainish character too, because it's all about you ) ?
1. a. Captain Hook
b. Captain Sparrow
c. Dread Pirate Roberts
2. Cubicle.. so air raids spell doooooooooooom. But I have plenty of bins and staplers and pens to toss.
3. Too many books can't answer *hyperventilates*
( Collapse )
2) How often do you drink coffee?
3) Do you have any friends in your circle with the same first name? How do you distinguish one from the other when they're out together? (Ex calling one Rob and the other Robert for example)
Over the course of my professional career, I have had the pleasure of having some attractive female assistants that, in at least a few cases, have been much younger than me. When you have the authority to further an employees career and they are the opposite sex, there often is an undertow of "special treatment in exchange for sexual favors" In a couple of cases, I have found myself trying to help or, reward my assistants. In at least one of these cases, I have been referred to as a Sugar Daddy. I have heard there is even a web site call Sugar Daddy. My questions are;
1. Have you ever had a Sugar Daddy?
2. Do you wish you had a Sugar Daddy?
3. Is there ALWAYS a sexual component to this kind of relationship?
4. Does it present a "negative" or, "positive" image to you?
Indian food tastes SO good, but after I eat it, nobody would want to be around me. ;) I even horrified my cat. He was sitting on my lap. All of a sudden he had this look of disgust, his ears flattened and he ran off my lap. Broccoli has that effect on me too. Kim chee also gets me going and oh boy, I can't even stand myself after eating that.
My question: am I wrong in that even though she turned off her phone on her dad's plan and she'd have to pay $200 for canceling her plan, it would have just made as much sense to turn it off on the stolen phone and buy a new phone and put the same number and plan on the phone?
If i'm making no sense i'm sorry. this whole thing pissed me off lastnight when I was told, no idea why i got mad about it but she lacks street smarts
According to my school's web site, financial aid refund checks were supposed to be mailed this week. I haven't gotten it yet, so I decided to call them and find out if they had been mailed yet. Nope. They got pushed back until NEXT week.
Is it really that difficult to put it on the site so people know about it?
I'm not in dire need for the money, but hell, some people are. It just seems rather inconsiderate.
So...hmm....I'll keep with the college theme I suppose.
How many weeks do you have left in the semester?
What are your plans for the summer?
Are you at a 4 year university or a 2 year community college?
Why do I have to take CPR for a degree in office supervision and management?
ETA: I'm watching The Price is Right...since when is a 26 inch tv considered a big screen tv?
1) Do you have any family traditions?
2) Did you continue to follow them when you were older? Or introduce those same traditions to your kids? Or will you continue them when you have kids?
3) If not, will you create some for your kids when you have them?
3a) Or did you create some when you had kids?
4) If you had any, did you hate them? Like them? Why?
5) If you didn't have any, did you want any?
( Collapse )
What did they do?
Did they have a satisfactory record with the BBB or an unsatisfactory record?
I just reported a company for cashing my post dated check. It caused my bank account to bounce. Fuckers. I called them, and they gave me the run around for an hour. So I reported their asses. They've had 24 complaints in the last 36 months. I also almost reported Alltel a few years ago, but after 2 weeks of wrangling with them, managed to get my money back. They posted my payment 3 times and made my account bounce then too. Argh. I am not having a good day.
EDIT: Unrelated, but is there a way to send a fax over the internet without a fax machine? I'm thinking there may be...
1. How do you pronounce:
2. Have you ever wanted to be a porn star/stripper? Would you ever be a porn star/stripper?
b) Who's classier, a porn star, or a stripper?
3. Would you ever be on a reality TV show? Anything from Fear Factor to the Real World. Would it make a difference on what kind of show it was?
4. Do you like mashed potatoes? Do you have any mashed potato recipes?
5. My job has decided to dress us in uniforms instead our of usual dress code. Do you have to wear a uniform to work?
b) do you think it's rude when people see another person.. say they're friends and are eating lunch and one of 'em has a small speck of something on their teeth, yet the friend seeing this doesn't say ANYTHING!?
c) are you the type of person to tell someone that they have something in their teeth?
with that said.. d) what's for lunch?!
2. How much do you tip a hairstylist?
b. She's charging me $70 for highlights plus $35 for a cut (bangs and a trim). Does that seem fair? It's my first time going to her.
3. What are some chain stores (retail, clothes) whose dress code allows facial piercings? I have a lip ring, and I'd rather not take it out just yet. I know that eventually I'll have to sacrifice it, but right now I'm 19 and I want a casual job that'll let me keep it. I applied to Hot Topic already, lol. I'm also going to apply to small bookstores and cafes, maybe music stores. Any other ideas?
Please don't just lecture me about the damn piercing. That won't be helpful, and I know all of you live to be helpful.
4. What's your favorite breed of dog? How about cat? Horse?
I like weiner dogs, german shepherds and black labs. Other than that, I usually think mutts are cuter and more interesting than purebreds. Cats- Siamese and those sleek blue-grey cats. Horses- I have a special place in my heart for Quarter Horses, because I used to do cutting and barrel racing, but if I could ride a Dutch Warmblood I'd be in heaven. They are gorgeous. I also like Arabians, but who doesn't? They're cute.
5. Do you write in paper journals along with your online journal? What thoughts go in where?
The super private stuff goes in my paper journals.
6. My dad told me that me and my roommates might not get our security deposit back if our carpet looks bad. I think we can make it look great if we hired a steam cleaner to come in. About how much do those cost? Do they charge by square foot?
2)If you weren't doing the work you do now, what do you think you might be doing instead?
3)Did you have a special baby blanket when you were little? Is it still around like, with all your old baby things, or did it get thrown out/given away/sold in a garage sale?
2- Last mess you made?
3- Do you cut your nails, bite them, or rip them off? Or do you just let them grow to get into the Guinness Book of World Records? :P
4- If you were dreadfully ill off of new medication, but the label said something like "your doctor has prescribed this to you knowing the possible side-effects, and thinks the benefits will outweigh the side-effects" would you feel better about suffering, or want to throttle someone?
I'm going to the store to grab some things for backpacking. I already have all my gear and most of my food. I have two packets of ready-to-eat chicken for lunches/dinner.
So, should I buy some bagels+summer sausage+ cheese (already have little servings of PB) for one of my lunches?
Or should I pack some corn torillas and just make some chicken/ranch wraps?
(I'll be having instant granola/milk/blueberries for lunch and making "mexican pizzas" with my tentmates for dinner.)
I don't care about things "going werid" by not being in the fridge :P
1) Apple scented Dog shampoo
2) Wet dog scented human shampoo
Do you choose from your 2 shampoos or do you drive to the store and get a 1.50 shampoo and return to finish your shower?
I would be lazy enough to use the dog shampoo. Once my shower was done I would go to the store and get some shampoo.
ETA: What's your favorite scented shampoo? My mom just got lilac or lavendar scented and I love it.
Okay, I live in Vancouver, BC, Canada, which I'm fairly certain is in the Pacific Time Zone right?
What time would 15:00 Eastern Time be, for Vancouver?
2) what were you doing?
3) what was it for?
My anwsers (because i feel like anwsering. =P):
2) playing a wigi (spelling) board. and iv been on Speakers Corner.
3) some tv show. I felt like expressing my opinion to everyone.
-What are some songs about cooking and/or working in a restaurant, especially about a person who does this?
Know any like this?
2. Which is worse; eating eye or nose boogs?
3. What, if anything, is something that really gets to you deeply - that if you think about it long enough you will really start to become emotionally bothered/effected?
Mine have consisted of tying a girl down, stuffing her face with a sock and doing whatever I want.
Who's gonna miss me???
Who's gonna take up my torch of snark?
Will you keep the drama alive??
Should I wear boxers or briefs on the way home???
WHAT MUSIC SHOULD I PUT ON MY iPOD FOR THE TRIP HOME?????
How many drinks is your limit before you get pukey?
What drinks seem to give you the worst hangovers?
EDIT: What is the point of being married to one person if you are polyamorous?
question one: How did it get in there? The courtyard is surrounded on three sides by 5 stories of brick, and on the 4th side is 2 stories of glass entryway/skywalk type thing with a 2-story brick building between it (where it's brick it has a sloped metal roof). As I was approaching it, it ran by several gutter-pipes, but not *up* them, so I don't think that's how it got there.
question two: Let's say I'm a total softy and I feel bad for it because it's about to rain. I know it's likely entirely not interested, but if i wanted to offer it a little shelter, what would it be most likely to take advantage of? plastic cup, open cardboard box, folds of cloth?
question three: is there any way to home-make a humane chipmunk trap, to catch it and release it on the lawn instead? I don't really want to go buy a trap for one chipmunk.
If I asked you to entertain me right now what would you do?
Will you cuddle with me? or hold me?
Great idea? Horrible idea?
Who knows where I got the question from?
If so, what countries?
2. Marching/Orchestra/Jazz/Concert band?
3. What instrument?
4. When did you start playing?
5. Did you continue in marching/orchestra/jazz band when you got to college?
6. How did ya'll usually place when it came to competitions? (city, state, nationals?)
I played the flute, from 6th-11th grade, i only participated in marching band, i dropped out of band my senior year to focus on everything else, it really did take up ALL of my time.. with practices, and performances, etc.
2) What have you learned about human nature since you graduated from high school? Be sure to add your graduating year.
3) Have you ever had this experience where much needed help came from a most unlikely source?
4) Are you a grudge holder?
5) Did you go to your high school reunion? If so, what was your experience?
( Collapse )
i keep seeing it everywhere. i don't get it.
( Collapse ) What do you think?
Edit: Alright, so you guys don't like it. What are some other images that symbolize hope?
100 bottles of beer
You take one down you pass it around
99 bottles of beer on the wall
99 bottles of beer on the wall
99 bottles of beer
You take one down, you pass it around
98 bottles of beer on the wall
What can be learned from this song?
2) Is it ironic to see a taxi with the words NO TAILGATING in big bold letters on the rear tailgating another car? I saw this the other day and couldn't decide whether or not is what ironic. What would be a good example of irony?
3) How do you like your popcorn?
Either with lots of salt and butter or flavored with caramel.
4) If you have a playlist on your computer, what are the first three songs on it?
Bad Touch - The Bloodhound Gang
Dance With me - The Sounds
Smack My Bitch Up - Prodigy
- or -
1. Why do you not tip
Not how much, not when, not where, but why.
2. If tipping were not expected and/or if waiters/resses were paid like normal workers, would you still tip
2. Is the weather beautiful where you are today?
What things have you done that are so cliched that people almost can't believe you actually did them?
2. What are you listening to right now?
2) What's the best movie you've seen that came out after 1999?
3) How long does it take something to become a classic?
2. Would you rather be burned to death (a slow and painful death), or be beaten to death with a metal softball bat with nails sticking out of it (also a slow and painful death)?
1. the departed
2. napoleon dynamite
3. little miss sunshine
2. what errands do you have to do tomorrow (Saturday)?
2. I work at a day care, and I found out that the babies like it when I sing to them. I'm just tired of singing "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star"...
Do you have any suggestions that the kids (infants, less than a year old) may like that won't tax my sanity?
Have you seen Pan's Labyrinth? I'm thinking about seeing it this weekend.... any good?
Since we aren't supposed to ask LJ questions in here, can someone direct me to a community where I can ask for help? The FAQs don't answer my problem.
And so it isn't a total loss: How do I get Greasemonkey to unfold all?
Oh, one more: How many times a week do you actually cook a real meal?
I'm really in the mood for a good, inspirational, emotional memoir. (dosen't HAVE to be a memoir, but it would be a plus)
What sounds like a good book for me?
*These are the types of books I mean that I've already read:
"It's always something" by Gilda Radner
"Girl, Interrupted" by Susana Kaysen
"Speak" by Laurie Halse Anderson
2. Are you the one to tell jokes, the first one to get jokes or the last one to get them? Are you happy this way or would you like to change?
3. What does catnip do for cats?
4. Is there any other kind of sloppy joe than Manwich? Do you call sloppy joes sloppy joes? Have you ever heard them called anything else?
5. Is there any band that you can say you like every single one of their songs?
What are your favorite torrent sites?
Stories please :D
Do you know anyone that has named their kid after a celebrity? If so, please, do tell.
( Collapse )
( Collapse )
2. What is the last thing you found?
I was going to take pictures of people running or my animals playing, but I'm drawing a bit of a blank at the moment for what else I could do.
If you like Doritos, what is your favorite flavor?
What do you do in your spare time?
I play video games or read.
2. If you could relive a year, knowing what you do now, and do things differently, which would it be?
I'm gonna have to do school years.
1. My senior year of high school.
2. My freshman year of college.
So, tell me, what are its good features? How do I use them?
By good features, I mean something other than the macro of cat-around-boobs-firefox-logo, even if the boob associations may have been the only reason I downloaded it.
ETA: Help me out, how do I make Greasemonkey's "unfold comments" script work?
I still have my baby blanket, I love Disney movies, and I, uh, still read Baby-Sitters Club books. Just 'cause they're hilarious now. Yeah, I'm 21.
1. What is your favorite candy of all time?
2. What is the nastiest candy to ever touch your tongue?
3. What candy do you eat as a substitute for lunch? (Which fills you up the most?)
4. What candy do you eat as a substitute for toothpaste? (You know you do it.)
AND 5. What candy do you eat as a subsitute for your vegetables? (Ie. The healthy candy you use to rationalize your unhealthy eating habits?)
2. Does it confuse you when people don't number their questions?
3. How many questions have you asked? Just take a stab if you don't know.
4. When you look at questions, do you automatically form judgements of the people posting them?
5. Do you generally read other peoples' answers before you answer? After? Never?
6. Are you more likely to ask a question or answer one?
7. What was the last question you asked?
8. The first? If you remember.
9. Do you like to fill out polls?
10. In your opinion, who asks the best questions?
11. When you post questions, do you usually answer them yourself?
My answers in the comments! :)
Should I just skip dinner, finish my vodka and juice, and go to bed, or have a bowl of cereal?
I appreciate the help like crazy. Thanks.
I am looking to do some more international travel, and i am curious as to what airline(s) you think are good or bad?
If you had to have one Beatle, which would you choose?
By "have" I suppose I mean sleep with. No "none of them" or "all of them".
( Collapse )
what removes nail polish other than nail polish remove(r)? i just ran out and still have nail polish left of one hand.
EDIT: Those triangle buffers work good too!
If they were really his kids wouldn't they have darker skin? He's actually a pretty dark dude so you think they'd look at least a little tanned? I know that some biracial kids of African American decent can be born with very light skin but come on, all of them?
Am I the only one that finds this all a little suss?
Edit: What's the stupidest thing you've done while playing video or computer games?
Earlier today while I was playing Deus Ex; IW, I whistled at the TV to get a guys attention... who was a bad guy in the game. Yes, I am fucking retarded.
srs replys only plz
( Collapse )
Rules: Pieces move one space in any non-diagonal direction, as long as they can complete a row/column of three. The glowing skulls on the bottom row explode when matched and take out the squares immediately around them, including diagonally. All pieces must be removed to win.
Why does my dad freak out if my mom goes out with her friends, but he goes out with his all the time?
Did you ever go out with somebody your family/friends hated? Did they tell you while you were dating, or after? Did it change how you thought of the person?
re-runs are cool too
God i'm addicted to that show!