What is it about bad boys that is so unbearably sexy? Or is it just me?
What is it about bad boys that is so unbearably sexy? Or is it just me?
Can someone help me out por favor?
EDIT: I decided it would just be easier to being in pictures of my best friend and boyfriend, as the thing has to be at least two minutes long. Thanks for those who helped though.
Do you agree? In other words, is getting a tattoo a way of conforming?
Since tattoos are so much more common now, what do you think will be the next extreme thing to be become mainstream? Suspensions? Skydiving? Finding the hay in the needle stack?
What do you think would be the coolest sport to have a professional circuit? It can be any kind of game, serious or silly or even made up.
What looks nicer: black and white or sepia?
1. What is your weekly food budget?
2. Who does this budget buy food for?
3. What are your typical eating habits (e.g. always home-cooked, fast food everyday, restaurant everyday, etc.?)
4. Where are you from (region, city, country, whatev.?)
5. Random: If you have a Panera Bread Co. or a Saint Louis Bread Co. in your area, and you remember right off hand, what is the price of a "You Pick Two" meal? How about for some other random item?
Here are my answers and explanations:
1. The budget varies widely, from about $20-80. I try to keep it around $30 for myself because I feel guilty if it's more, but at $30 I feel like I'm really limited. I don't know what is considered an "okay" amount to spend on food.
2. I buy food for myself and often my wife, but the $30 is my best guess for myself. Counting her meals, I spend around $45-50 most weeks.
3. Much of my food comes from work and cheap fast food. The rest I make at home out of a can or box. I only drink water, so that saves me a lot of money.
4. I'm from San Diego, CA. Food here is among the most expensive in the US. Because I'm trying to establish what is "normal," or at least baseline, I want to be able to account for regional variation as best I can.
5. I work at Panera, and, like many companies, we strategically don't put prices on the web because of regional variation. The "You Pick Two" in San Diego is $7.09. For a random item, a bowl of soup is $3.79.
My nose is really cold, and it's annoying.
2. I have a question about pre-sale concert tickets. The pre-sale for Bright Eyes starts this weekend. They are going to be at Town Hall for 7 days! As far as I know, Town Hall has seats. Would the best seats be included in the pre-sale or would they be held until the general sale? Or does it vary by band/venue/whatever? I've only bought pre-sale tickets for venues without seats so I'm unsure.
3. How much of a loser would I be if I bought tickets to see Bright Eyes all 7 days?
I'd probably be a pretty big loser.
4. Do you like cheese doodles? Do you prefer the crunchy kind or the puffed kind?
Sometimes I like them, sometimes I hate them. When I'm in a cheese doodle mood I prefer the puffed ones.
5. Does the term "subculture" offend you? If someone referred to something as a "co-culture" would know what they were talking about?
No, it offends my Intercultural Communications professor to no end though, he makes us say co-culture. I think co-culture sounds stupid.
1. Do you ever look up your schools and see who else goes/went to your school and has a livejournal?
2. Are any of them members here?
1. Yep just did haha
2. Yes but I don't know this person since they've already graduated...wylddelirium
What's written on your hand right now?
ETA: OK, no offense, but if it's "nothing," just skip the question.
This would be the absolute worst time for me to get sick.
I already ate some tylonol, what else do I do before I go to bed?
The drive is four hours long and it's a ten-gallon freshwater with probably five fish.
Now on the flip side. You are watching porn. A friend asks what you are doing. How do you respond? (If you think porn is nasty or whatever, you don't have to answer this one.)
I have one friend who I became awesome friends with because I admitted to him I was watching porn (he loved my openness and honesty), and I have gotten into really tense arguments with others because of it. Where do you stand?
What was the best present you received on your 18th/ 21st?
What was the worst(ever)?
What do you wish you were given(ever)?
What is the best/worst present you gave someone?
For those that are under 18:
What do you wish to receive for your 18th/21st?
edited slightly as i'm a fool who forgot to add important info.
How about the blanket?
Would you prefer silky or fluffy blankets?
How many pillows do you use?
I forgot to say earlier, thanks to those who responded to my hair question. I got a layered bob and you can't really tell how badly I messed up my bangs now, woo!
(I am planning a trip to the Upstate area....)
If there arent any free ones are there any relatively inexpensive ones (under $50)?
Thanks I got my answer!
2. What is the story behind Daisy (Brittany Murphy) and her obsession with chickens? According to the quote "I bet... with every inch of his manhood.," is it true that she gets raped constantly by her dad?
3. Before taking my car to a shop for yearly state inspection, would it be cheaper to purchase a few parts like oil filter, wiper blades, air filter, et cetera from the store compared to paying for those parts that need to be replaced right from the shop?
4. How can I replace windshield wiper blades on my own?
5. What are any other suggestions for getting prepared for car inspection? Ex: filling up a gas tank till it gets full.
6. For car owners, how much have you spent for your last car inspection if you recall?
7. Other than youtube.com and peekvid.com, what are the websites we can watch movies online without having to download or purchase?
8. Should I subscribe to netflix? If you say no, what are the reasons not to?
9. Do you find this icon offensive?
Mine is MAC.
Here's an article on em if you want to know more.
A friend of mine is co-hosting an event.
It’s a block party, held by an art gallery. The even is directed at young children and elderly people. There will be workshops, activities, etc all relevant to painting and drawing and so on. It’s free.
Now, she needs to come up with a name for the event (something 'arty'-her words, not mine) and an activity that both the elderly and the children can do together. She’s asked me for help..so, of course I’m asking TQC ;)
edited- she just informed me the name needs to be in spanish.
1) is this some sort of dance?
2) how do i make him stop?
Are you gonna pay taxes this year??
Do you get a refund?
Do you pay some one or go it alone??
Wheat or white?
2) If you are married, will you take care of your partner's parents?
3) Do you think you have the responsibility to do so?
2. I need to buy my boyfriend a teapot so he can make tea in his dorm. What should I look for?
3. What is a man?
4. What kind of shoes are your favorite kind of shoes?
2. A diffuser thingy, he requested that much.
4. Right now I'm really liking these puma sneakers.
Would you vote me off??
What couldn't you live with out??
conservative or liberal?
2) Can you name a caucasian woman who is average size like those three woman, and who is known as being sexy/beautiful? People keep mentioning Camryn Manheim to me, and that's so not true. (Though I personally find her to be attractive.)
3) Are you as freaked out at that Korn acoustic version of Freak on a Leash as I am? (It was my song with my first boyfriend, which is weird enough anyway.)
2. Do you know anyone with the same name as someone famous? There's a Sylvia Brown in my building...hehe.
3. What's the coolest thing you've found just laying around in public? I found this guy hiding under a bush. He resides in my office now :D
4. If you were Jesus, would you have your followers get 666 tattoos?
I tried Windex and Goo Gone, but neither one works AT ALL.
How do I effectively clean up this really disgusting and annoying mess?
1- would you tolerate any level of disrespect from a person that is old enough to know better? (explanation under the cut)
2- what is your most missed song from the 90s?
3- if your poop came out as nutella, would you eat it?
4- if you are really fed up/angry/irritated, how do you express it? how do you cool down?
Where have you masturbated?
2- I hope husband doesn't see this... I plan on taking husband out on the weekend, just cuz I can. What type of restaurant should I take him to? :) I'm taking pictures! ;P
3- What is the latest you've returned a book/game/movie to a rental place or library? How bad was the fine?
4- Do you have Post It sticky notes? If yes, what colour are they? :)
5- Is there any way to change the language of the word check on Firefox? I hate being told 'colour' is spelled wrong. :( ETA: Answered here :)
6- How often do you get sick? Are you under weight, average weight, or overweight? I'm trying to prove something to someone. :P (I'm trying to prove that the less close to 'normal' weight you are, the more likely you are to get sick or generally have a bad immune system.)
Mine: ( Collapse )
2.) What was the first pet you ever owned?
3.) Have you ever had to put an animal down? What were the circumstances?
4.) What's the largest animal you've ever hit with your car?
I'm going to DC at the end of the month. Pretty much everywhere you go in DC (museums and such) you have to walk through those scanners and metal detectors and you're supposed to put your purse/bag/what-have-you on the conveyor belt to be scanned.
Is it better to put a digital camera on the belt or carry it through?
Which is worse (for a checkup): the doctor or the dentist?
Are you a cat person or a dog person? (Or, like me, a fish person)?
what is the area around it like? I've seen the campus from their website but I'm interested in what's around the school.
2. What is this? At first I thought it was a shelter type thing, but it's closed so I'm not sure if that can be it. Than I was thinking maybe it's a bonfire, but they wouldn't have that so close to the trees.
EDIT: They are named Conor Oberst, because I uploaded them at the same time as the actual Conor Oberst pictures and I didn't bother to change it.
how the hell do i get rid of/cover up the smell until i can get under there or..well..nature takes its course and the smell dies off.
you all are creative. help!
i hate mice.
The neighbors, however, are total and absolute hicks. Their yard is awful, they have a couch in the middle of their back yard, and their house looks like it's been hit by a small tornado. Everybody else in the area keeps their stuff nice looking. So, in foresight of the fact that we don't want to stare at their very, very obvious eyesores, we'd like to put up a privacy fence.
Problem: we're on a corner lot, and it's irregular to boot. So when we do put up the fence, it will look something like this:
If you were buying a house and saw a wierd-ass fence in the back yard, would you like the fact that it IS fenced, or hate the fact that it's really, really funkily shaped?
Edit: my boyfriend swears that I'm remembering the property lines wrong, so here's his suggested MSpaint version.
2. I was reading an interview today in which the interviewer kept using the words "alot" and "fenominal." Does that sort of this tick you off as much as it does me?
3. How much of your time today was spent doing actual work?
4. Are your political leanings similar or dissimilar to those of your immediate family?
5. Have you developed any new interests or hobbies recently?
( Collapse )
1. Not a toaster oven, but why do toasters always have a setting that burns the toast to a horrible crisp?
2. Do you like burnt toast?
Who is hotter Nathan (yay, Profit!)or Mohinder?
And, most important what the HELL is Nicky's power anyway? We are only up to episode 5 and we can't figure it out for the life of us!
l( Collapse )
How expensive are they to install?
How much does it make your electricity bill go up?
Are there alternatives? I live on the 3rd floor of an apartment building and it'd be seriously obnoxious to have a massive extension cord running from my apartment all the way down to my car...but I'm at my wits end here so I'm willing to deal with that.
2. Do you paint your fingernails? Get manicures? What color(s) are your favorite and which ones do you avoid?
3. Do you have a planner? Do you actually use it? Do you use something like Google calendar instead?
4. How many people's phone numbers do you have memorized? Did you have those numbers memorized before you got a cell phone (if you have one)?
( Collapse )
Has anyone bought/upgraded to Windows Vista?
What did you think of it?
Are there any major bugs that you know of?
Are you going to use massive big technical terms so that even if I do get an answer, I won't know what it means?
What was your favourite childhood show/shows.
Do you ever have a sudden flashback/reminder of a children's program that you watched as a kid?
Why does the show Noddy keep running through my head?
What was a major phase you went through as a kid that embarrasses you, looking back on it?
I'd consult google but I want to hear from actual people, you know :|
Do you feel really itchy now?
Warm or Cold?
ETA: Apparently, it's Chinglish for baby. Is Chinglish the same as Engrish?
For those who are home from work/school due to weather: Whatcha doin'? I actually worked a little bit from home, and now I am going to clean, and then make fish tacos.
What do you use to wash your face?
Are there any zit creams that actually work?
...but I am wondering something else along similar lines.
Do you ever refer to God, or Jesus, as something other than those names? More friendly, kinda conversational. Se, I don't pray in the strictest sense. Be I at a church or just going about my day...I chat. Start with a something as insignificant as "How's your day going?" and off I go from there.
Point is, as I would when chatting with anybody, I don't always use just the generic presented name. Originally I referred to God as "The Creator", which is mildly ominous but accurate. Then, in passing, as the Big Guy. Sometimes just as Big G.
In referring to Jesus, to God, I either go with "the Kid" or simply just "J".
Anybody else do anything like this?
2 You are walking out to your car from work (or school or whatever) and you see a piece of trash on the ground. Do you pick it up?
3 Hey, is your refigerator running?
4 Would you throw a banana peel from your car window?
5 For that matter, do you litter? If no - is there anything you do litter?
6 If you don't litter and someone litters while in your car, do you open their door and push them out?
I went on Monday, and after 45 mins of trying, she decided to leave the remaining root, as digging further would be too traumatic! Am I going to die? Lolz, no seriously, how bad is this? Any personal or anecdotal experiences?
It's still pretty sore and I'm really worried about dry socket and infection, and bleh! I go back tomorrow, I just wondered if anyone else had been through this and how it turned out for them.
Bonus points if it doesn't involve a relative getting sick (I already used that one). I'm thinking about using stomach flu, but I'm not sure.
( Collapse )
If so which one?
What do you do there?
Does anyone know if you can change it back?
Edit; Who's rocking the Futurama 'Sweet zombie jesus!' icon? I want to steal it.
Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure or Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey?
The Addams Family or Addams Family Values?
Back to the Future, Back to the Future Part II or Back to the Future Part III?
An American Tail or An American Tail: Fievel Goes West?
Batman or Batman Returns?
Gremlins or Gremlins 2: The New Batch?
The Evil Dead, Evil Dead 2 or Army of Darkness?
Home Alone or Home Alone 2: Lost in New York?
The Rescuers or The Rescuers Down Under?
My questions are:
1) whether or not you went to college, how did you go about finding a 'real-world' job? Where did you look? Did you write cover letters to each application? If you looked online, where?
2) I was a psychology major.
If you graduated with a psych degree, were you able to find a decent job in the field or is there no hope before graduate school?
3) My parents have suggested getting my real-estate license, just for the hell of it, even though that's not what I want as a career. Has anyone done that successfully? Do you recommend it? Is it a hard job?
Should I invoice this friend for the work I did for her last fall and am now not receiving payment on?
If I do invoice her, how much should I charge?
But I feel like they'd ask different questions for this job...than what I usually got asked. Someone please help me with what questions they'd possibly ask me. AHHH! I'm having a nervous breakdown. =\
2.Do people still think calling people emo is funny, witty, cool,etc?
3.Should people judge others, even if they don't know them, about the "reasons" a person has for being depressed? For example, do you think it's fair to determine that your hypothetical friend can't possibly be depressed because his/her home life is decent, he/she is attractive, or because they openly talk about their feelings?
I guess the reason I ask these questions is because some ass who I take lab with commented that anorexia doesn't exist, it's just chicks who want to look like movie stars. He also commented that depressed and bipolar people can snap out of it if they really wanted to. I think all of that is bullshit. I'm bipolar so I know that the snap out of it thing does NOT work. And a person has to be really dumb to think anorexia doesn't exist. I also used to work with kids with mental illness and was hospitalized years ago, and if I had a dollar for every time I heard someone comment about some kid being emo or faking it I'd be a millionaire. Why in this day and age is there still such a stigma attached to mental illness?
2. What disorder(s)?
3. Are you receiving treatment currently?
4. Were you diagnosed by a mental health professional?
5. a. Do you think you have a psychiatric disorder, but you have not been diagnosed?
b. Which disorder and what symptoms do you have that lead you to believe you suffer from it?
c. Why haven't you been diagnosed?
How did it work out for you?
2. Is there a difference between relationships that start local and those that start long distance?
3. How long would you have to talk to someone interesting online to consider meeting them in person in the following situations.
b)up to an hour drive
c)up to a 3 hour drive
d)might as well take a plane
4. What is the air speed velocity of an unladen swallow?
2- What is something you do every single day, even on days you don't work/go to school, if applicable? Aside from the obvious things, like eating, breathing, sleeping... :P
3- What cha wearing? ;)
4- It's home time for me! YAY! What are you looking forward to in the next hour or so?
I was looking around on the internet for home remedies, and saw some stuff about Vicks VapoRub, Listerine, tea tree oil, vinegar, and a bunch of even stranger things. I'm dubious.
Have any of you successfully treated a case of nail fungus with home remedies? If so, what did you use?
ETA: She has really sensitive skin--will tea tree oil burn like fire?
For example, my mum says "rho-DOH-DEN-DRON" for rhododendron, she mixes up words so she ends up with stuff like "Sly Sylvestone" instead of Sylvester Stallone. My grandfather says "fill-um" for film and "can-OH-py" for canopy.
I think it's amusing and cute :) And they make for great in-jokes.
Also, if I try importing an mp3 file into Windows Movie Maker, it won't let me. I'm thinking these two annoyances are connected.
Has anyone else had either of these problems, and did you manage to fix them?
I've tried reinstalling Media Player and the only codec packs I can find by googling are those evil looking K-Lite packs which just make me feel way too paranoid. :x
Thanks in advance
2. What's your favourite animal?
3. Do you hate any particular type of animal?
4. Not including fish or seamonkies and shit, how many pets have you had? (write the number only)
5. How pets do you have now?
What IS our problem?
What do dogs dream about when they are doing the sleep twitch bruffing thing?
Do you think that O.J. Simpson is Anna Nicole Smith's baby daddy?
Are children who are sexually abused more likely to be homosexual?
EDIT: WHO all needs to be there????
What should we do?
Will pageless be the first one dancing on the table and doing body shots? WHO is that dancing with her??
2. any tips for what to do *at* a career fair? i am not a very good people person at all and i have a hard time talking to people i don't know. any help in the interpersonal department at all? ...please?
3. my school sent out an email saying that the dress code for the career fair is 'work casual' and gave this as a description for the women's choices (see under the cut). i don't have anything close to what it's asking for, but based on the themes outlined here, could i get away with a nice pair of brown pants (they're dressy, i've worn them to elementary schools for observations) and a collared, 3/4-sleeve, wraparound blouse? (it ties at the side)
( Collapse )
I need an idea for a sonnet...Anyone? (as long as it isn't vulgar)
I've had this nasty sinus infection type virus, complete with pounding head, fever, and a nose so stuffy I couldn't taste food. Then it migrated to my chest and now my throat is sore and I can't stop this dry coughing. >:/
What is your favourite dish?
I love...chocolate milk, twisties, bacon & egg rolls, chunky kitkats, peanutbutter icecream, chocolate ice cream, cookies, shortbread, starbursts, diet coke, energy drinks, satay noodles, melted cheese, nachos....probably many more!
My favourite dish at the moment is Pad Thai with Chicken. I love anything with noodles or pasta really.
Come on, what word didn't the announcer guy want to say? I call "internet camwhore" :) She has hair that looks like plastic.
1. When did you know you were bisexual?
2. When did you do something about it?
3. Do you know of any cool bisexual groups?
2. If the person you named was male, who's your favorite female comedian?
3. Do you think men are inherently funnier than women?
4. Can you give me any example of humor that you think is masculine? (Either the performer/writer in general or a specific quote or scene or something is fine). Why did you pick this?
4b. How about feminine? Why did you pick this example?
4c. Which do you personally find funnier, out of your two examples?
5. Do you identify as a man or a woman?
ETA: the question mark
(the other people who live in my house are my father, brother and boyfriend)
Don't get me wrong, I love cities. I just hate Philadelphia because it is dirty and the people here scare the bejeezus out of me.
Aforementioned fiance often is gone 12pm-1am due to work. I am out of food and living off of Trix.
Who wants to keep me company so I don't feel like such a loser? Is this totally pathetic? Go ahead, you can say yes :P
How could I get rid of them? I don't care about making a profit, I just want them out of my house.
fyi, online auctions not an option
I hate to admit it, but I do.
Who is your favorite model, from any season?
Who is your least favorite?
That blonde chick with the pixie cut who cried all the time. I don't remember her name.
Does watching this show make you feel really fat?
2. my husband and i want to move, but we can't figure out where. any thoughts on a city that's reasonably inexpensive, pretty liberal, has great weather (doesn't snow, 5 out of 7 days are sunny), doesn't have too many rednecks, and isn't too landlocked? am i asking too much to expect all of this from one place?
3. what's your favorite novelty song?
4. what do you do to stop yourself from kicking people in the head when you know they sorely deserve it? is it the threat of jail? is it jesus? fear you'll get your ass kicked?
5. do you think it's awesome that lj spellcheck accepts xmas as a word?
2. Have you read the book, Fast Food Nation? Did you enjoy it?
Mine is 'Laze jail town.'
Would you buy a genitally used mattress?
Have you ever stolen a condom from a roommate?
How many Credit cards do you carry?
Edit: for sake of the poll debit cards count
i adore freshly vacuumed floors but don't really enjoying carving out time some time to do it. plus my floors are beige so they could always use a good vacuum, and it would be great if i could run to class or whatever and come home to it. do you think it's worth it? would be okay to buy just the roomba and not a regular vacuum (my apartment sort of has a communal one downstairs i could always steal)?
should i get a roomba?
okay that's all.
What is most important to you in buying a house?(If you are years away from doing so, imagine what would be most important to you)
How good are you at using chopsticks? (1=Fail; 10=Mr. Miyagi)
2)Have you heard of cheese heroin?
3)If you have a tattoo, what was your reason for getting one or what meaning does your tattoo have to you?
Does it mean anything if a guy who is a friend of your boyfriend buys your drinks all night?
ilu guys, i have faith in you!