2) What are some things that you ALWAYS have with you when you leave the house?
3) For those of you who wear makeup, what makeup do you use daily?
4) Do you use anything in your hair to style it? What is your usual hairstyle?
5) Who was your favorite teacher? When did you have them? What was it that made them so great?
6) Why am I having so much trouble finding a job? I'm doing some work for my SO's mother to get by, but I've been applying everywhere that has a help wanted sign and joined a website that alerts me whenever a job opens up in my area. Why isn't anything working for me?
2. Who's your favorite character/person?
3. What's your favorite episode?
2- When I wake up, what should I do if I still feel nauseated, aside from call in to work to say I'm dying?
3- How big of a nerd would I be if I played Magic The Gathering Online? I just came across it tonight, and it looks... interesting, I guess would be the word.
4- How big of a nerd do you find YOURSELF to be in general? :)
5- Chicken, liver, meow mix?
( Collapse )
ETA:Whoops, sorry. Dunno why that didn't work. This should though.
2. You haven't talked to your mother in 2 years because she left on your birthday and has yet to come back due to the fact she was cheating on her husband (your father) of 21 years.. She then calls you on your cell phone and continues to tell you that she loves you and that she wishes to see you. When you tell her no, she goes into a spiral of how much a failure you are and that your not going to make anything of yourself. She is saying this because she heard that you no longer attend the local high school due to the fact you do an alternative schooling program in which you home school yourself. How do you react?
3. How do you like your eggs?
4. What is the craziest thing you have ever found on the side of the road while taking a walk?
5. Have you ever attended a summer dance intensive camp? What was it like?
( Collapse )
Ever had a dream where you were dating someone or being very romantic with them? Even if you had never met them before?
If so, after waking up did you feel like you really did like/love them and had feelings for that person whether or not they existed?
And, if using Wikipedia, do you always check the article's sources?
Which is more reliable?
1) Does dude give chick the same ring at the wedding he gave her for engagement, or a different ring?
2) If it's a different ring, which one does she wear? Both? On different fingers or the same finger?
3) Where does dude's ring come from? Does chick buy it for him? Does he have to buy it himself? Does it come with the ring he gets chick, like some sort of combo deal?
I realize everyone does different stuff with weddings, as they should, but I was curious about the real old school Emily Post traditional guidelines.
( Collapse )
- Somebody relatively famous, at the age of 33, died of a drug overdose this past weekend. I've skimmed online news services but I haven't figured out who it was yet.
- Girl Scout cookies are being sold again but despite the assurances they've given with a new recipe, they still have just as many trans·fats in them as before.
Anybody know who the famous guy was that kicked the bucket?
I only started watching it a few seasons ago, so I never saw the first season that Charla & Mirna were on, but I don't understand why people liked them so much - they are SO annoying! Were they this bad on their original season?
2.) Do you or anyone you know have any prosthetic body parts? Is there an interesting story behind their missing pieces?
A perpetual state of snark??
Where do all the missing iPod earphones get to???
I want my mommy.
Have we lost that lovin' feelin???
2. How much money did you raise?
3. Did you train for it ahead of time?
4. If you ran in a team, who else was in the team? What was your team's name (if applicable)?
Crunch Berries! I say Captain.
2. What is the smallest size of shoes you own that you actually wear? The biggest?
My smallest are my Uggs which are a size 9 because they run really big. My biggest is my cheap pair of cheap silver flats from Target which are an 11, they ran really small.
3. How far in advance do you plan your meals?
Not very. The only meal I plan in advance at all really is dinner.
4. What are you going to do today?
I'm going to the library, Target, Wegmans, and Barnes & Noble. Than I'm going to read a bunch for World Civ, start my English paper, and call my aunt back.
2) What should I do with the chicken breasts I have thawing? Healthy please.
3) How do you feel about Hanson fans?
4) Are there video cameras recording where you work?
5) What is your favorite candy?
6) What was the last thing you downloaded?
What was the best advice ever given to you?
If you went back in time to your high school years but knowing all you know now what would you do different?
What teacher had the biggest impact on you?
1) How to stop worrying and start living by Dale Carnegie
2) If you dont love yourself nobody else will (my mum)
3) I would study more and I would be more outgoing. I dont feel intimidated easily anymore.
4) Kate (drama teacher) in year 12 and Ms Akhurst (English) in year 10. Mr Davies (Maths) was good too.
No idea, but it does look better than the last few episodes.
2. Would you consider Firefly to be science fiction?
I did, but I was informed that it actually is not.
3. What do you think some of the most important/influential movies of your generation are?
I can't even think of more than 5 movies made in the late 80s and 90s at the moment. Maybe American Beauty, Dead Poet's Society, etc.
how do you spell an omnipotent being's name? (ie god, God, G-d, Allah, etc)
creamy or chunky peanut butter?
what type of qustion do you think is asked most/do you find it annoying?
what's the best question that's been asked?
1. Has anyone here transferred an out of state license to New York? How hard is it to do in here?
2. Do they send the new one through the mail? How long will it take to get here?
3. Will the DMV let me keep the actual photo id with a paper that says I have a valid one forth coming? (I'm flying and have no valid id. I need to know if I will be able to fly. I don't want to waste money on plane tickets I can't use. :-()
For Non-New Yorkers:
4. Should I buy my tickets to Puerto Rico anyway?
5. What do you think I should do there during my 9 day trip?
1b) If you used to, why did you stop watching?
2) Who is (or was) your favorite wrestler(s)?
3) Who had the coolest finishing move(s)?
4) Do you think that the Imperial Stormtroopers wore socks? (I already checked wikipedia)
When you do your thing in the bathroom what is the correct direction to wipe yourself?
a) Back to Front
b) Front to back
When I went to have the mole checked out I had to remove my button-down shirt, and I am hoping that will not be necessary for the operation.
2. What do you think of Khalil Gibran, if anything?
3. Do you dislike some people's icons?
4. If you've been pregnant, do you dislike that people want to touch your belly?
4b. Do you want to touch people's pregnant bellies? Do you ask first?
5. Do you like to pet dogs walking by, in the park, etc?
6. Without Googling, can you name the song/band of the lyrics in the title of this post?
1. Have you ever been on a cruise? How was it?
2. Have you ever been to Vegas? How much did you lose? Did you like it there?
3. If you have been to/on both, how would you compare the two?
4. Do you have any other ideas for a 21st birthday trip that would cost under $1,000?
I had also thought of Disney world, but since I'd be going with my mother ( Lame ) to do a belated celebration of her 50th B-day, that wouldn't really work.
Yeah, a little annoying and amusing at the same time :)
If so, what's it for?
Which airlines would you choose, out of these choices? (why in comments)
Which airlines would you NOT choose? (why in comments)
ETA: I apparently put Virgin Atlantic twice on the second question. Since I dunno how to edit polls, PRETEND THE LAST VIRGIN ATLANTIC IS UNITED, just like the first question, thanks.
How's your love life going?
What historically popular/successful television show do you dislike?
What historically popular/successful "classic" movie have you never seen? Do you want to see it?
Who are some underrated actors/actresses of today?
Who are some overrated actors/actresses of today?
If you could say one thing to Britney Spears, what would you say?
Should running over Paris Hilton with her overpriced SUV be seen as a public service?
What's the most out there business name you've heard?
There's a car dealership here called Dick Witham Ford. No, I'm not kidding.
Anyone else play Kingdom of Loathing? I can't seem to find a good community here on LJ.
Ladies: Do you have a preference? Would you circumcise your son? Why or why not?
Is your father circumcised?
My boss just had to go in, unannnounced for heart surgery, and we want to get him something, Last time we got him a plant and balloons, What should we get him this time? no flowers.
He'll only be out a week. And the gift will be from the whole department.. 45+ people
At what age is it okay for someone to drink? Smoke pot?
Do you think it is okay for parents to smoke up while their children are in the house?
for me, its excersize (or is it exersize, excercize, etc) LOL damnit!
i also always have a hard time typing out "inconvenience" i always have to type real slow and think about it. anyone else have that problem? i hate those two words! lol
( Collapse )
im wondering how you get over a break up? not that its a bad breakup.. it just sucks. once you've gotten used to that person and the little things you do with eachother [random texts, phone calls, blahblahblah], it becomes difficult to not have those things.
also, in getting into a relationship with a best friend, after the relationship is over, are you still best friends? is there a way to seperate the friendship from the romantic relationship? because that's what i'd like to do.. but im not sure if its actually possible. im working on it, but the urge to rip his face off becomes just so overwhealming, its hard to agree to go to a show with him.
i apologize if you guys are sick of this kind of thing. im just looking for outside perspective and input. my friends.. well, i dont feel like talking/asking/explaining anything to them at all.
one more question.. can women and men really be best friends? some sitcom said it's not possible.. whattaya think?
Do you feel that using the word "lame" to describe something (like an object, album, or film) is worse, as bad, or not bad at all?
Why or why not?
Some lj communities have already banned the first two words (or give warnings when community members use them in posts and comments), but some are starting to ban the last word. What do you think of that? Is that PC out of control?
Most effective way to lose weight?
2- What fills you with rage like nothing else?
3- Do you say awful things that you actually mean (and may act on, if applicable), or is it all just talk?
4- Last violent act/thought you've done/had?
5- If public stonings were still commonplace in your part of the world, would you participate? Would it matter the crime that the person commited?
6- Death penalty, for or against? What crime deserves lethal injection?
1- I blame lack of chocolate.
2- YOUR FACE. :O I dunno. Pain of the internal sort seems to get me going.
3- If I was a LITTLE more insane, I'd likely have killed many people by now. No drugs for meeee.
4- Throwing overly PC people in front of cars. Lulz.
5- YES. No. It'd be like a party! WITH DEATH!!
6- Everyone who does a SELFISH crime should die. Murder, child porn, etc etc.
2)What destination did you last take a plane to?
3)What sort of habits do you have when you're nervous/anxious/worried?
4)Have you ever blacked out after drinking? Did you ever find out what happened for the period of time you didn't remember?
2. CornNuts: Regular or BBQ?
3. Veronica Sawyer, Heather Duke, Heather McNamara, or Heather Chandler?
4. Do you like to suck big dicks?
5. Milk and orange juice or liquid drain
6. What is your favorite movie from the '80s?
( Collapse )
They're usually found in libraries, universities, and high schools.
-What do you think of genital piercings on either men or women?
-Sexually, what do you identify as?
-Despite whatever the answer to the above question was, who is someone of your sex who you find attractive in music?
-Kinda hot if not overdone. Wouldn't do it myself.
-For some reason, lots of women in country and rock music. Cristina Scabbia, Carrie Underwood, Taylor Swift, Skye Sweetnam, Amy Lee, etc.
A. Go to TAFE, do the one year accelerated course.
B. Drop out, work retail until I can go to a community college.
C. Give up on life and kill myself.
or do you have any remedies?
1. What's your general reaction to her statement?
2. Does this make you dislike her more, like her better, not change your viewpoint on her at all, or did you not know who she was before?
I have to make an appointment and I'm having a hard time getting myself to do it. It's pathetic, but I get so nervous and shy talking to people on the phone like this. Having it be an appointment for my first visit to a gynecologist isn't making it any easier. :(
2. Why are news programs still announcing the latest Ann Coulter remarks (the 'faggot' comment about Edwards) as if it happened ten minutes ago? Wtf.
3. If you live in an apartment, what floor do you live on?
Anyway, with all the PC-ness afoot, I'm not sure what I would be searching for. I heard some really funky music when I went up north (Northern Ontario, Caaaaaaaaaanada!) and keep meaning to download something like it, since I dunno the title/artist... BUT! I'm at a loss to what I should even be looking for.
I'm fairly certain it could be described as native chanting, or something of that sort. What would I look for though?
Native Canadians? Different Indian tribe names of the north? :( Is there even a GENRE that covers native chant music that's been techno-ized?
Haaaaaaalp! (Okay, so many question marks, I don't think it's ONE question anymore. XD)
EDIT: ANSWERED...THANKS. :(
How can I make it "innovative, interactive, creative"
Preferably non-laptop ideas. I do not own a laptop, so getting one to take in to class would be difficult.
This is not doing my homework, if you researched the content with references that would be doing my homework, it would also be darn handy, thank you!
Best flavor of ramen/instant noodles?
PS: hay russophile i'm seeing against me! on sunday har har. :(
( Collapse )
EDIT: I am not using this poll as research for my paper, I am just curious.
In the past 12 months, have you committed a violent crime (rape, homicide, assault, armed robbery)?
In the past 12 months, have you felt unsafe in your neighborhood?
In the past 12 months, have you witnessed a violent crime (rape, homicide, assault, armed robbery)?
In the past 12 months, if you have children, have any of them been a victim of violent crime (rape, homicide, assault, armed robbery)?
In the past 12 months, if you have children, have any of them been convicted of committing a violent crime (rape, homicide, assault, armed robbery)?
In the past 12 months, have you been threatened with a weapon?
In the past 12 months, have you been in fear of your life?
In the past 12 months, have you been raped?
In the past 12 months, have you been assaulted?
In the past 12 months, have anyone attempted to rape you?
In the past 12 months, have you or anyone else in your household illegally obtained a weapon?
In the past 12 months, have you carried a weapon on you for protection?
In the past 12 months, have you filed a report with the police regarding a violent crime (rape, homicide, assault, armed robbery)?
What is your estimated household income?
In the past 12 months, have you lived in subsidized housing?
(this is not the same as this).
Any help would rock.
I had two. My mom had six.
How about you lips?
Which part of you do you think is sexy?
1. What kinds of sushi should I try? Like rolls, shishimi and nigiri.
2. What mixed drinks should I try?
What method did you use?
Did it work?
anybody have any idea why?
where is the gnome hiding?
2.Favorite show that is cancelled/went off the air/ended in some way?
3.What's a popuar show on television right now you've never watched for any reason?
4.What's a popular show you tried watching but didn't like?
3. Heroes. No time to, but I'd like to check it out.
Apparently they're fraternal twins, but they look pretty close to indentical if you ask me. What about when they were kids on Full House?
On the show Scrubs, they're interns for a year, then residents for two more years. Then in the 4th year, Elliot and JD are "Chief Residents" even though they're not residents anymore. Can anyone explain this? Is this something that hospitals usually have or is it just a TV show thing? Wouldn't most doctors leave their teaching hospital when their residency is over?
Would you rather have a young intern doctor treat you, or a frail old doctor in his 80's?
Are you a "real woman"?
Have you ever had a job focused around sex? (Sex line operator, porn star, exotic dancer, prostitute? Haha) What was it like? If not, would you do it?
Are those stories about Anti-Christ Britney true? I'm doubting it.
Do you get any pleasure out of everyday or boring tasks like clipping your fingernails or cleaning your ears?
A person has lots of sex with multiple partners. They don't like committing to a long term relationship and sometimes have sex with people who they can't even name the next day. They always use protection, though, and get tested regularly. They know they've broken hearts, but they've always been up front about wanting no strings attached and feel no guilt for it.
If that person was a man, what would you think of him?
If that person was a woman, what would you think of her?
My drawing professor keeps telling me to put more air into my drawings, but only explains air with floaty flitty words that still don't interpret what he wants. What do you think air is in a drawing?
does anyone have this list or icon? i'm trying to write a paper explaining why i'm for gay marriage.
Then, the day before the marathon, somebody says you're disqualified, for an insane requirement you didn't know about. Like. You're not tall enough, or something. :| And even if you end up in the top ten, they won't tell you, or they won't acknowledge it in any way. (It's the kind of race even you won't know who's first and who's last because everyone's doing laps or something.)
Will you still run? Why?
How is your TV on a day?
Have you ever had an abortion?
What do you think of our President? 10 being AWESOME!
Are you over weight? (Not in the I am vain and should loose a few pounds but like 10+ lbs over weight)
Do you smoke?
Whats your favorite song?
eta: how old were you when you had them? from the ages of ? to ?
favourite character on south park? i'm pretty sure the answers will be overwhelmingly..cartman.
eta again: or not! haha. i just keep thinking of that episode when stan or kyle punches him and he cries like a baby (maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaam! maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaam!) and its just adorable, innit.
Do you feel bad or regret it when you do?
How often do you lie?
Also, when's the last time you went to the library?
How was it?
I'm madly in love with the music from the off-broadway show, I wanted to know if I should read the poem/book that its based on...
Thanks in advance..
I've gotten another AIM screenname to use for roleplaying purposes, and I want to link it with my current screenname. The instructions I've found all say "Under MY AIM on your Buddy List menu, click Manage Linked Screennames." Sounds simple enough, right? Except for the fairly problematic fact that I can't find MY AIM on my Buddy List menu or anywhere.
As I said before, I'm no expert on technological stuff, so it is quite possible there is something glaring that I am missing. If so, feel free to snark me ruthlessly after you've pointed out the right procedure.
So, where's MY AIM? Why has it disappeared? What can I do, if anything, to get it back? Thanks.
EDIT: SOLVED thanks to colourmered08.
If you were the boss for a day...what would YOU do?
What is the underwear thats FUN to wear?
What is your goal in life? How close are you to it?
People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones
People in stone houses shouldn't throw glasses
2. Have you ever been injured at a concert?
3. Have you ever listened to or heard of Les Rallizes Dénudés?
4. Do you ever draw things on MS Paint when you're bored? Do you have any MS Paint artwork you'd like to share?
5. What's your favorite picture involving crossdressing? Post it, if you can. Or just be descriptive!
( Collapse )
Are you glad that you didn't go through with it (for whatever reason)?
My options are:
- throw baby wipes on the bedroom floor and roll around till I feel cleaner
- stand in the freezing kitchen, wash bits of myself in cold water, then put my warm (but not-so-clean) pyjamas back on
-revel in my stinkiness
- take so much tramadol and cold medicine so that I don't care, and watch Top Gear
What should I do? What would you do?
Super-duper bonus question: is it ethical to put my bunnyrabbits inside cushion covers and use them as hot water bottles?
Oh...and no, I'm not a fanboy of Sony. I own a PS2, Xbox/360, and DS(Phoenix Wright, WOO!). I ask this because of how wide open the video game market is at the moment...and all the troubles Sony has had outside of the industry. =)
What was the ceremony like?
Did you forego any marriage traditions (diamond ring, big ceremony, white dress, etc)
I'm reading White Weddings, which inspired this post.
So I've been looking around online. And it looks like college rings in general, even the ones you can personalize, are really expensive. I'm not about to shell out $600 for one. But the high school ones are more affordable.
I already have a high school ring. I'd like to get another high school ring, except personalize it with either my college or my major instead of my high school. Think I could do this? I'm probably going to go through a local Balfour dealer, and no I haven't talked to them yet.
EDIT: Answered. Never mind!
So, if you didn't have a potato masher (or a hammer) around, how would you mash them? You can use ordinary kitchen utensils.
1. Are you a guy or a girl?
2. As a primary pet to keep, do you like dogs or cats more? (If anything else, please specify.)
3. Why do you like these animals over others? Or why do you like them in general?
4. a. Pure-breds or mutts? (This works for cats too, though I expect most answers will be for dogs.)
b. Favorite breed?
5. Do you think gender has any effect on the type of pets/animals you prefer for house-mates?
What do you believe in?
Are there any powdered, sugar-free drink mixes to add to bottled water that add carbonation? Is that even possible?
Magic Kingdom or Epcot?
Current must-see movie?
Do you know what I'm referencing when I say "the cheat is grounded!" or "the system is down"? (without looking at comments)
What things do Americans pay taxes on that they may never use?
I believe it was posted in wtf_inc a while back but I was unable to find it.
What are you physically attracted to in a guy/girl? (are you a boobs guy? a butt guy?)
What are some myspace-like sites? I figure there's more than myspace, but the only other one I've heard of is facebook. Are there any others?
Did you ever have a DeadJournal? What about a GreatestJournal? Is GreatestJournal really the greatest, or do they need to get off their high horse?
Do you have pictures of your junk loaded and ready to be posted anytime, anywhere?
Does anyone else think it's super cool that he follows his faith? I totally wanted to marry him after I read this, but...dang. He's already married with 3 kids. And is old enough to be my father. Dang.
ARE YOU WATCHING HEROES?! I did not understand the last episode, but maybe it's because I was multitasking.
WHICH ROOM DO YOU START PACKING FIRST?
Did you watch The Class season finale? Thoughts?
If there aren't, what should I look for in a suit? I like plain and minimalist stuff.
Have you ever applied for a job you knew you didn't want but were desperate for gainful employment? How did you fake the interviewer into believing that you wanted the job?