I'm worried. What can I do without killing my comp??? :(
March 1st, 2007
I'm worried. What can I do without killing my comp??? :(
2. If you could change your height, how tall would you choose to be?
I'm 4'10" and I'd like to be at least 5'3"....
*bonus if you add a picture*
siamese cats are just sooo beautiful.
I have to write a paper (er, two papers, really) for Forensic Pathology tonight. I need something awesome to write it on. I was going to refer to Dr. House, but I would like the second opinion of you, Dr. LJ-user-text-equals.
It can be about disease (don't make me remind you that it is never lupus) or birth defect, or anything like that. Unfortunately, one of my classmates has already chosen scurvy, so that's out.
I don't get one anymore. Make me jealous with all your fabulous plans!
"okay, that's about enough ex-boyfriend mentions. Srsly, at this point it just makes me nervous. I know you've had other people you've gone out with, but there's a limit to what I want to hear."
to a (still quite new) girlfriend? Since, well, that doesn't seem to be quite the way to put it.
to clarify: I really like the girl, I do. This is the only irritating thing, and it's kinda... I don't know what to think about it. So... Yeah.
02. Have too many of us become germophobes?
03. Assuming you're an adult (18+) what "childish" things do you still enjoy? (i.e, cartoons, comics, toys, etc.)
x posted to thursdaythree
1. What do you think about when you lie in bed trying to sleep?
2. How long does it usually take you to fall asleep?
3. Any tricks you have to making yourself fall asleep?
4. What time during the weekdays do you go to bed? Weekends?
5. Do you eat right up until you go to sleep or try to have some space between eating and going to sleep?
6. What position is best for you to fall asleep?
I mean it this time!
Do you know the name of this landmark? Is it a volcano or mountain?
I know the name and whether or not it is a volcano or mountain, but I'm just testing your knowledge. I even took the picture for you!
Is 20" small or normal sized? I know it is at least on the smaller end of "normal".
Does this tv look acceptable for the price? I'd like to get a cheapish flat panel tv for a number of reasons (not as heavy as a regular tv, easier to move (I'm only living where I am living right now for a year), etc.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Other tv ideas, etc. I'm looking to spend up to $300, maybe $350.
Where are we going on our first date?
Do you feel lucky...punk? Well do you?
2.) What's with all the hate? Can't we all just get along?
3.) What's your favorite sweet treat?
Someone wrote in atheism that they were happy to find books about atheism in the religion section at their local book store. Wouldn't that be like finding books about anorexia in the cookery section?
Is this a better analogy;
Surely putting books on atheism in the religion section in bookshops/libraries is like putting books about communism under capitalism?
Many people seem to think that atheism is only defined by what it is opposed to. But there is more to it than that. Certainly in the many subsections of it, like humanism etc.
EDIT: What about, say, a 3rd generation person who is black who marries and has a baby with another 3rd generation black person whose families have lived in Asia for the past 100 years?
Since today is my 26th birthday, I ask:
Are you the sort of person who waits for people to notice your birthday, or do you tell everyone that it's your birthday?
(Obviously, I am the sort of person who tells people. If I could wear a crown today, I would.)
Do you have any birthday traditions? I always call my mom and thank her for giving birth to me. I imagine that it wasn't exactly an easy process.
2) What's the best way to treat a cough?
I swear, this is the most random sickness I've had in SO long (other than phantom flu symptoms)... I don't think I've had JUST a cough in 10 years. Weird... but I'm tired of coughing... this raspy voice and gross mucusy feeling (sorry...) is getting really old.
2. Is it unheard of to have your best friend and a sister plan the shower together - if they are both wanting to do it, common sense would say for them to collaborate and do it as a team, right? (They do know and like each other. They live about an hour from each other if that makes any difference.)
3. Would you feel comfortable attending a shower if you could not afford a gift? How would the expecting mother tactfully communicate that gifts are truly secondary?
It's pissing me off.
Are CDs from music clubs of the same quality as CDs found in stores?
The judges presiding decided he should serve the maximum sentence for each charge, since he had nine prior convictions for the same charge. No one else in my law class seemed to think it was a bit sad that this guy was being jailed for three years for what most people would consider a fairly minor crime, or a crime that perpetuates itself. If you're poor in a remote region, there's no public transport and taxis cost too much. You're pretty much going to drive if you know how to, even if your license has been revoked, even if you know it's against the law. There's not much else in the way of options. Imprisonment won't stop him doing it again, it'll just take him away from his family. Also, the figures for indigenous deaths in custody are really quite alarming. I can't help thinking there's got to be a better way of dealing with people driving without a license in these kinds of scenarios. What do you guys think? Was the sentence fair and reasonable? Can you think of a better system?
Seeing Bright Eyes tomorrow =[
2. Yesterday I had to buy books for school. I bought 3 books which were about $190, and I paid with my credit card. I called my dad after to let him know I made it to school safely and that I got my books. He asked how much they were and I lied and told him they were $100, and he said "Okay, I'll give you the money when your credit card bill comes". I told him they were less than they were because I knew he would give me the money for them, and I'm tired of him not letting me pay for anything myself. What should I do? I was thinking about telling him I paid in cash the next time he mentions it.
I remember there being a site where it told you how much a gallon of gas, loaf of bread, etc was the year were born, but Im looking for something a little more expanded.
Yes, I have tried searching, and I failed.
2. Do you like lingerie?
Why is a teddy called... a teddy?
Is there a living-on-student-loans-or-dear-god-what-h
I promised the boy that once I move there, I'm going to take Sundays to make his/my lunches for the week. I plan on making week's worth of frozen things (soups, stir fries, casseroles, etc) for us. (I'm tired of him bitching that he's tired of sandwiches, or that uni food is gross :P) I have some foods that I already know how to make, that are easy/cheap, but I would love suggestions, please?
ooo, also. Does anyone know how expensive slowcookers/crockpots are in AUS? What about pressure cookers?
x-posted to poor_skills
There? That better? :|
1. Do you know of anything I should include in this paper I'm not writing about Trajan's Column?
Specifically, anything not in the wikipedia article.
2. Do you like the art of ancient cultures?
I'm a huge fan of ancient Greece and Rome art, I love the human figure and how they saw it.
3. How does the polar bear know what apples are?!
4. On average, how many TQC questions do you answer a day?
I'm up to at least ten by now.
2) Do you have any good website/links suggestions for ideas of what to put into bento boxes?
3) Do you think it would be a good idea to try out the bento box lunch/dinner to try and get portion control together?
4) Do you know of any good websites that offer tips on good healthy eating?
5) Any suggestions on some high protein low fat foods I should add to my grocery list?
(I ask this because I like the feeling of being full but want healthier choices at the same time).
What is the word I'm trying to think of?
"Surcome" is the only way I can think to spell it, which is completely wrong D:
"The Podemos Party fears that by accepting the Venezuelan aid,
there's the context.
succumb, I phail. Danke.
How do you react?
2. Your SO (you have one in this scenario) keeps having erotic dreams about your best/closest friend (of the opposite sex). Like, 2 a week. They're the most vivid dreams she/he's ever had. Because of the dreams, you notice that they're more attentive and maybe unintentionally flirty with your friend when they're around.
How do you feel, and do you do anything about it?
Quick Warning: My crazy guy friends.
( Collapse )
Why are they so freaking expensive? Were they really that expensive 15 years ago? (accounting for inflation, at least)
Do you think a grown man playing with Legos is wierd?
2. what date (in march) is your birthday?
3. do you think people with the same sign behave in very similar ways?
4. what are some common characteristics of pisces people (or things you've noticed about pisces people)?
( Collapse )
b) is there anything that you hate that you think no one else hates as much as you do?
c) is there anything that you like that you think no one else likes as much as you do?
d) is there a certain character off a tv show or perhaps a movie OR even a singer/group that you wonder where they are now? what do you think they're up to?
Since I'm not really around people in general on a daily basis, I was wondering if this is now a normal thing to do, or if some still consider it a little rude.
Is there anything you had/saw while in another country and you'd love to have it but it's not available where you are currently located?
Yes! When in England I loved kit-kats and Bountys and polos. Also, I got the absolute cutest umbrella and I left it in my Uncle George's living room. He has since passed on so I'm guessing when they cleaned out his house they threw out my umbrella. Booo. In DR they had Nivea roll-on deodorant. Mine's all used up now.
I've created a comm. dedicated to this topic since it seems to get mentioned often in here. If you're interested check my info for the community and join up. I'd love to send people something that would make them smile!
My mother has called me about twenty times (no joke) since this morning. She does this all the time and it drives me insane, especially when I'm trying to get something done and she constantly interrupts me. Do you know anyone who does this? Doesn't it drive you batshit crazy?!
The new puppy we got is turning out to be a huge handful. We're trying to be patient, because she's really still a baby, but she's a very loud, destructive baby that plays too rough with our other pets. What are some good training tips, and how long will it take before she learns what 'No' means?
a.) print bookplates from the website (aside from myhomelibrary.com)
b.) have someone make a custom one for you?
My question is: Do you think requiring HPV vaccines is a good idea? Why or why not?
What was the prank and how did it turn out?
*EDIT* NOT eating out. 300$ to spend at a grocery store each month.
2)what is on your typical grocery list?
3. if you had lots of milk, cheese, and eggs what would you make? besides the obvious and not necessarily together. just looking for things outside the box.
Post pics of yourself/others you think are interesting or just give ideas.
think fun, bright colours and not stuff for kids parties (ie fairies, dogs, cats etc)
Do you know what I'm referring to? If not, do you know where I could ask and possibly find the answer? I've already tried whatwasthatone--that's why I'm here. Help me, tqc!
2. Does shopping really make you feel better?
3. Can you describe your style of dress in three words or less? What are the words?
4. What was the last work of fiction you read? Last nonfiction? What are you reading now?
5. Are your home, office, car, etc. anally neat, clean and organized, messy, or all-out dirty? Can you keep one neat and one dirty or are they all on the same level of cleanliness?
6. Do you know the story of the book of Esther?
7. Have you gotten spring fever yet?
2. Who gets bubbles of dry skin on their feet? Almost like a blister, but not painful, and can be easily burst and peeled off. ...Anyone?
3. Is vanilla ice cream boring?
ETA: What's your location?
Mine were canceled both days!
I'm in South Dakota.
No. we have 99, lol.
2. What color highlighter do you prefer?
3. Does your office (if you have one) have the kind of toilet paper rolls that don't go a full rotation so you have to pull, tear, pull, tear...does that piss you off at all?
4. Are you a clock-watcher at work or do you settle in for the day and forget about time passing?
5. What do you think of garden gnomes?
6. Who has your favorite American Idol winner been so far? (if you've watched it)
7. Was anyone else disappointed by the direction and production of that new game show, Are You Smarter Than A Fifth Grader?
My question is, do you think the water utility is giving enough notice? I can deal with the inconvenience (including having to flush out the yucky brown water that always appears after they work on the water system), but I kind of feel like they should give residents at least a week's notice.
Does anybody know what I'm talking about?
Yes, I realize this is a terribly long shot. :)
I think I take advantage of it because I'm from, and still live in, Florida. It's easy to take things like that and summer for granted, and bitch and moan when winter comes. ;) So I tend to go to the beach, which was 10 minutes from where I lived, and now a little over an hour where I live now.
I didn't get a check from God. I thought I've been pretty good lately, but nope, not one check endorsed by the big guy. I'm hoping that the mailman still has it and it'll be delivered any day now
1. Did you get your check from God?
2. If you did get a 50k check from God, would you reconsider religion?
3. Say you got God's credit card number. He's gotta have a pretty high limit. What would you do with it?
How does it make you feel?
What's their favorite swear word?
I'm like that, and I know I'm not the only one.
There are cowboys that hail from Sweden? Well, I think he's from sweden, maybe switzerland - they're the same place to me, haha... This guy started at my company and he's of that kind of origin and he's a full out cowboy. I thought he was dressing that way to try and fit in better, but apparently he's always dressed like that...
so, did you know? :)
so what was everyone's longest friendship? and are you still friends with them now?
[My longest friendship is my friend Kevin; we met in kindergarten and are still friends to this day.]
25% Thin Mints
19% Samoas®/Caramel deLites™
13% Peanut Butter Patties®/Tagalongs®
11% Peanut Butter Sandwich/Do-si-dos™
The other varieties combined account for the remaining 23%.
Which are YOUR favorite GS cookies?
Mine: Thin Mints (frozen), Tagalongs, and Lemonades
2.Why or why not?
I see absolutely no reason not to donate my organs after I die. I'm not going to need them anymore.
3.Are there any good reasons other than maybe religious to not be an organ donor?
I don't even think the religious reasons (such as needing your body for the rapture or whatever) are good reason. :/
probably a pretty obscure question, but i figured i'd give it a shot.
i work on my high school newspaper staff using adobe indesign cs for layouts. i have a copy of the program that a friend got me [ahem] so that i can do layouts at home instead of being at school late into the evening on deadline days. so i emailed myself a few of my layouts today from school to my home email address, to make sure they work alright.
they don't. when i save the pages and try to open them, an error message comes up reading: "cannot open file. document framework.rpln. cannot open 'page 5.indd.' please upgrade your plug-ins to their latest versions, or upgrade to the latest version of adobe indesign." when i click 'updates', it tells me that there are no updates available.
can i make this work? it would really make my life 92957142 times easier! thanks for any insight you can help me out with :)
I don't know where to go about looking up this kind of thing. Here we go...
( Collapse )
So guys, what should I look for? What questions should I ask? Is there any hidden fees or anything I need to find out about? Is furnished or unfurnished better? What are some common problems an apartment will have that I should look for? Anything else I should be aware of? If it's relevent, I'll be in the middle of PA (State College) where the snow is crazy during the winter.
What's your musical guilty pleasure?
Who doesn't like or approve of slash?
Who doesn't like or approve of incest/incestuous slash?
If a pro-writer or some other pro-artist filed a lawsuit against a fanfiction writer or fanfiction website for violating the writer's personal request to not allow fanfiction of his or her work, who do you think would win the lawsuit?
Have you ever used songtapper.com? Are you a good tapper or does it take a few tries before you get the song right?
I can't choose. Tigerwolf or opalcat? ;______;
So last night I was hanging out with my guy friends. I guess because they're college guys, this is the kind of stuff they talk about:
Sky have reported they've had a 65% increase in new subscribers today.
So fellow Brits, are you staying with Virgin Media or switching to Sky?
Switching. My dad likes his sky sports news and I like my Sky one (LOST!). So it looks like we seem to be changing for 2 channels. Hah.
I'm having a heck of a time working out the button thing, you know when the frame will stop and you can press the button to go to the next key frame.
I make the frame have an action called stop right?
And then I add a circle or whatever, turn it into a symbol, and have that action called play.
I always get an error, but I'm not sure what I should be doing then. Could someone please help me out?
EDIT. I got it all figured out :)
Do you know where I can find that image?
I want it to edit and make into a tee shirt.
EDIT: I found a tiny version. I need the big background version of it.
edit: what i mean is, you will buy everything this person/group puts out without hesitation, becuase you know you will like it. you have confidence that no matter what this person/group does, it will be good.
I've been to this place once before (but not for a hair cut) so I know that when you pay at the end, their debit/credit swipe thingy has a tip function where you can add it in there.
Should I just use that or should I leave the tip on the mirror counter where I get my hair cut?
My mom was admitted into the hospital this afternoon--just to get antibiotics and rest for pneumonia. I'm putting a bag together to take up to her tomorrow morning. I'm also going to stop by the store to buy flowers and what not. I'm kind of stressed right now and afraid I'm not going to think of everything I should get to make her stay a little nicer. Thanks in advance.
Some things from it:
I'm not sure if all of that is right, seeing as I watched this movie YEARS ago. I think that's the basic plot of it, though.
Does anyone know what this movie is called?
EDIT: Answered, thanks! It was Once Upon A Forest :)
When smarties came in tubes they had a plastic cap with a letter on it.
1)Does anyone remember what they were for?
2)Did anyone collect them? (I did for a little bit but never got all the letters).
3)How do you feel about the new shape of the smarties tube?
I personally hate the new design. I liked it better when it was a tube and not a hexagon shape because you could stomp on the tube and watch the little plastic cap fly off.
Sure, I can just IGNORE them but that would be easy. And I don't like easy.
Your child is financially independent from you, but because of a series of complicated reasons, their credit card bill still goes to your house. You pay it for them, and every few months, when your child comes to visit, they pay you back.
Their birthday is coming up, so they are coming to visit. The recent credit card bills add up to approximately the amount you were going to give them for their birthday.
Which do you do? Do you...
... give them an envelope with cash/a cheque of the amount you wanted to give them, knowing full well that you'll be getting it back the next day as they pay you back?
... give them an envelope with a card/note that says "Happy Birthday! You don't owe us anything for the most recent series of credit card bills!" (or something to that extent)?
... something else?
And, if you were the child, which would you prefer?
to me, the worst is when you bite your cheek and then through out the rest day, or week, you continue to bite the exact same spot and it hurts just as bad each time. or when you get the hiccups, those just suck.
I don't need.. overly elaborate descriptions.. I'm just wondering the basics of how my desktop computer picks up the wirelessness. Well, how's a laptop do that, for that matter? Becausethat's my next endeavor.. buying a laptop.
not like most television provider's "basic cable" plans that include a few dozen channels or whatnot, but just the anchor networks, like cbs, nbc, abc, etcetera.
i'm moving to a new apartment and i don't feel like paying for television because i'd rather not watch most of it. if anything, i just watch nbc (the office, conan, the black donnellys) and get the news if i need it or whatever.
if i just hook up a tv to the cable cord, what happens? what do i get?
2. Do you know the names of anyone in Queens of the Stone Age (past or present)?
3. Would you consider them a mainstream band?
4. If a band had songs that made it into the Top 40 but most people don't really know much about the people in the band, would you consider them 'underground'?
5. Will you be more likely to buy (or illegally download) Era Vulgaris (the new QotSA album) when it comes out because Trent from NIN and Julian Sasasomethingorother from The Strokes will be featured on it?
me: there have been so many right near me lately (centered in berkeley, ca) so they feel really strong. in fact i just felt another one. they're getting bigger and i'm scared there's gonna be a big one and these are "foreshocks." the biggest one i've felt was 7.1
Go ahead, share any relevant information: first move stories, cute ideas, theories, etc.
( Collapse )
2. How does it work?
If it helps, she doesn't really like to drink either, and she loves peanut butter.
I just paid $2 for a box of tissues. I was out, my nose won't stop running, and it's blizzarding like hell out so I wasn't going to drive to get some at a reasonable price, so I walked the half block to the convenience store.
Is it the same song that's playing in Spun when they're driving around in the car high out of their minds before Britany Murphy gets on the bus to Vegas?
2. Has anyone shared a dream with somebody else? For example, you just wake up from a dream of seeing your friend at the mall, and your friend calls you and says: 'I just had a dream we were at the mall!'
Do you consider these coincidences, something spiritual, or something else?
Whatever genre you usually go to..
1b. Have you ever "dressed up" like the artist that you were going to see? If yes, WHY!?
2. How many concerts have you been to?
3. What was your favorite?
4. Least favorite?
5. Who would you LOVE to see that you haven't had a chance to?
6. Share your favorite picture if you have one!
1. Jeans, and a regular shirt.
I usually go to pop, so it doesnt really matter :)
1b. I dressed like a major skank when I went to see Stripped (Christina Aguilera) It was a bad idea. I was wicked uncomfortable the whole show. I dont know why I did it. :( ugh. Never again.
2. Ooo just kidding, Ive been to 11 :)
3. The Backstreet Boys Never Gone tour. omg, it was so good. <3<3<3 Im such a dork.
4. Umm.. 98*. I was not impressed and their opening act was horrible.
5. Barenaked Ladies, or Dave Matthews.
I know there are government programs that help first-time home buyers get mortgages with little to no downpayment. Google just gives me a bunch of results for people who want to sell me things. Do any of you have any experience with any of these programs? Where can I find information on them? How does one go about applying for them?
What are some other things a first time home buyer needs to think about?
2. How would you rank flavor, texture and healthiness in terms of importance to you in food?
3. Do you think you tend to over or underestimate the amount of calories you eat?
Ok. I have an IBM T43 laptop. Not my choice, I'm just paying for it (college supplied craptop). It did it's normal Windows updates today, or what I would assume to be normal, and after restarting an hour or so ago (I haven't been around all day), it has started telling me that there is a "power surge on a hub port" ... more specifically, "a USB device has exceeded the power limits of its hub port" ... the only things plugged in are my power cord (I took my battery out) and my network card. Nothing out of the ordinary.
Craptop is not overheating and the network is, as per USUAL, being an uncooperative fucktard. So really, nothing is terribly out of the ordinary except this obnoxious speech bubble in the lower-right hand corner of my craptop telling me that a hub port had a power surge? *blink* If I click the bubble, a window pops up telling me to disconnect the device and reset it. So I pulled the network card out, and hit reset. Nothing. Still speech-bubbling.
So, any clue why it's doing this or what I can do to shut it up? I've restarted twice and am currently running Ad-Aware SE. Will do a spybot and symantec run through afterwards. Thanks for any help/info :)
I HATE TECHNOLOGY. *dies*
One of my friends with benefits, has a daughter. Said daughter is going to turn 1 on wednesday. He asked me if I'd bought her anything, I said yes, even though I hadn't and had no idea it was even her birthday.
What the hell do I buy a 1 year old?
2)Did you ever have those tin can phones?
3)Has a teacher ever caught you passing a note in class? Did he/she read it aloud for the class to hear? What did it say?
4)What kind of pie do you like? Do you like anything on top of it (whipped cream and such)?
Me: Yes, I know now...
What do you think of it?
I finally started using their stuff today and I am basically in love.
Why on earth would this be happening? I sometimes get hot flashes occasionally, but nothing like this.. and not on a schedule.. lol
I'm not verified...meaning, I didn't add my bank account so the money would go directly into my account. So if she refunded the money back, would it show on my balance on my Paypal account?
And how do I pay with that amount that I'll have in my Paypal account next time I decide to pay for something using it? Will it automatically take the money I have in my Paypal account or will it totally ignore that and take it out my checking account?
EDIT: ANSWERED. THANKS brokensemaphore!!
Ok so I'm hoping to move out with a friend soon. First time either of us will be leaving home. Thing is, we haven't talked about it seriously yet, so I'm guessing his girlfriend will be moving in with us seeing as she's currently living with him & his family.
Has anyone here ever lived with a couple? What were the positive & negative aspects of it?
More specifically, has anyone ever lived with a friend & their partner (which you are not as close with). Positive & negative?
No, not at all. It's really annoying.
During the dancing scenes montage, what is the name of the song that was playing? It's totally addictive and I want to download it. :P
- speak English quite a bit of the time, or offer courses in English? (undergraduate)
- have Psychology or Human Sexuality programs? Or, women's studies, sociology, social sciences, etc.
What's a goood way to search for universities like these? I've tried googling things like, "universities in scotland" but I don't want to individually go through each university's website to look to see if they have psych programs.
Feel free to direct me to LJ communities, other reference websites, people you know, etc.
I've pretty much HAD it with her. I love her to death but I am fed up. I know that it takes time, but she's not showing improvement. Plus, I don't think I'm going about this the right way and I don't even know how successful we can be if I'm gone for so many hours in a day.
So, with all of that being said - any suggestions? I've pretty much heard it all, but more input wouldn't hurt. I'm considering a walker, like some neighborhood kid to take her out midday, but the problem is we live with a SHIT TON of old people so I doubt they'd care to take her out.
Edit: The screaming stopped so I went downstairs and they're sitting on the couch watching TV like nothing happened. WTF is up with that? Crazy ass people.
Where do you stand on challenging/censoring books? Are there certain books that you think ought to be banned from public libraries?
When you find out a book has been challenged do make an effort to read it?
I think most people challenge books out of extreme ignorance. A couple months ago a woman frantically tried to ban Harry Potter books in Gwinnett County, GA because they were Eeeevil. She'd never bothered to read them, though. Go figure.
Public libraries? NO. Although I do think that there should be a way for parents to keep an eye on what their kids are reading. Unfortunately, this only works if parents y'know PARENT.
YES! I always figure if there's info that someone doesn't want me to know I need to know it.
I personally think it's a stupid idea.
2. Who's your favorite old school Food Network star?
Mine is Gale Gand, she always made the best desserts.
3a. Do you like Rob Schneider?
3b. More than Ben Stiller?
4. What do you think the funniest show on tv is?
5. Do you like anything in your water to flavor it or do you just like it plain?
6. Has anyone here gotten cosmetic surgery? What were the results?
So, if you are a fatty, do you have Binge Eating Disorder?