1. Do you brush and floss as often as you should?
2. Do you get dental cleanings every six months?
I've always had an aversion to tooth brushing/flossing. I don't mind the process of it, and I feel much better after being a good person and actually making myself do it, but I hate
trying to muster up the motivation. Despite this, my dentist always used to comment about the fabulous condition of my teeth. I never had a cavity until this past year, and it was between
my bottom molars.
Really, I just cycle through spurts. Sometimes I'm very diligent, but most of the time I'm lucky if I remember to brush them before I go to class. I'm addicted to Trident. This winter was the first time I've ever missed a six month appointment. I'm a little sad about it, since my hygienist and I always have fabulous chats and she is excellent at not knicking my gums.
3. Do teeth disgust you and/or do you judge people by their teeth?
4. Have you ever had braces?
My roommate absolutely cannot stand people with bad teeth. I put up with them to an extent... If they're bad, though, they're bad
. I used to absolutely hate my teeth until I had braces in high school. They're not perfect and they still annoy me, but at least I don't have a huge
gap between my front teeth anymore.
5. I used to think that my gums bled because I didn't floss enough, but after years of increasingly compulsive oral hygiene there was no improvement. Then I found out that I have a mild clotting disorder, for which one of the symptoms is gums that bleed easily. And here I thought I was going to be the first ten year old to have dentures because of gingivitis. Did any of you have similar fears when you were younger?( Collapse )