I have an HP dv4000 series laptop. About two weeks ago, I noticed that when I was running it off the AC adaptor it thought for some reason I was running it off the battery, so I bought a new AC adapater. It came in today's mail. I had turned off the computer a few weeks ago, and hadn't turned it on since. Now it won't turn on PERIOD, either running off the battery or when I have it plugged into the AC adaptor. Anyone have any ideas and/or suggestions on what might be the problem?
There's this joke that's been bugging me.. I don't get the reference so maybe someone here can explain it to me.
In the live show for the Mighty Boosh (at least on the dvd) there's a joke about how Daley Thompson is going to be in the show. They said he's going to saw a calculator in half, to see where the numbers live.
Special FX hair dye, "fish bowl" The bottles say to wash your hair without conditioner and then dry before applying the dye. (along with, you know, other instructions I don't pay much attention to.)
do they mean dry, DRY, or do they mean dry, run a towel through it and make sure it's not dripping?
Because, i want to dye my hair again, but i don't want to buy 2 $14 bottles of dye and then fuck it up. It's been a while and I can't remember.
question two: I had a fish that had an infection that made her always look pregnant, i named her whore. to match, i named the male stud. When whore died, i replaced her with Bimbo and slut(just to keep up tradition). Stud and bimbo spent 2+ hours having sex all over my fishtank (proving the point, but slut was renamed frigid bitch for her refusal to participate). Stud's heart apparently couldn't recover and he died shortly after, but a few eggs hatched and one has survived (not to adulthood yet, but to a size where i can consistently find ehr in the tank).
So, what do i name her? i think as the offspring of Bimbo and Stud, naming her on the theme would be a little odd. I was thinking something like foodstamps, but i want suggestions.
You visit someone you know is vegan for animal rights reasons. Whilst there you use their bathroom, and can't help but notice that a number of their bath products and shampoos are made by companies well known for their animal testing.
ETA: In the specific case that inspired this question, the companies are sufficiently well known that anyone who's into animal rights would know about them, and they're verging on the obnoxious type (certainly someone who thinks they're a lot more knowledgable than you on the topic).
Anyone know any good programs to modify the look/feel of Windows XP? I'm talking startup screens, icons, start menu layout.. I've used WindowBlinds before, but I was wondering if there was anything that was better.
How do you take your coffee?
What was the last book you read?
Do you shave anything other than legs/pits/face/naughty bits? Why?
What's a good program I can use to animate my icon? If I choose to animate it, what should happen?
Who would be... 1. ...the loner(s)? 2. ...prom queen and king? 3. ...be the big bully? 4. ...be the drama queen? 5. ...the slut? 6. ...the hottie(s)? 7. ...the principal? 8. ...the smart kid(s)? 9. ...the kid that everyone really does like? 10. ...most like you were in high school?
If you told your girlfriend or boyfriend you loved them, would you rather them say it back (even though it wasn't from the heart) or would you rather wait? I mean, obviously you want them to mean it, but if they didn't feel like they could say it and really mean it quite yet, would you rather them just say it back? Would you get angry or hurt if they didn't? Would you do that if the situations were reversed?
Anyone hear of the PsyD for Clinical Psychology? It's a newer degree and very few grad schools offer it. I'm thinking about getting that instead of a PhD, but I was wondering if anyone here was going for it.
I was prescribed Ambien CR last night. My doctor warned me that it could make me black out or wake up and have major munchies (he kind of joked about the munchies, though). Anyone take it, and what are your experiences? Are you groggy in the morning?
How old were you when you got your first cell phone (if you have one)?
What was the last vegetable you ate?
What's a good birthday present for a special needs 3-year-old?
Hi, I was wondering if I could get book recommendations. I am currently rereading the Georgia Nicolson series ( Angus Thongs and Full Frontal Snogging, Away Laughing on a fast Camel, ect. ) I've also read and enjoyed Piers Anthony, Neil Gaiman, Anne Bishop, Laurell K Hamilton, Anne Rice, Bridget Jones' Diary, T. A Barron, Steven King, and... Sherrilyn Kenyon, So it's pretty useless to reccomend books by those people since I've probably already read most of them, if not all from those particular writers.
I don't like Terry Brooks, or Terry Pratchet, or by that guy who wrote Fight Club Chuck P-something, so please nothing by them.
Series are fine, and appreciated. I like comedy, sci-fi fantasy, romance, drama, just about anything so long as it has an engaging plot line.
1. Sooo Any good reccomendations???
2. Have you ever dropped anything in the toilet, were you drunk or not? And did you go after it, get someone else to go after it or did you just see if it would flush?
3. When you were little, did you ever stick anything into a VCR/DVD Player?
A sandwitch, and a hairbrush because I wanted to see them on TV.
4. Have you ever done anything cosmetic ( or not ) to a pet? Shaved it, Colored it?
1. It seems that I have developed feelings for my ex. Should I tell him?
2. White, milk, or dark chocolate?
3. Why is it that Lincoln and Washington are the only birthdays listed on the calendar? 3b. Is Presidents Day a legitimate holiday?
4. How many hours a day are you online? Is it for work or for some other reason?
5. Whens the last time you got portraits done?
1 I dunno. I kinda think I should just leave it alone 2 milk 3 I dont know, its dumb 4 Id say at least 5. No not work, Im a SAHM and Im bored. 5 December, and Im going again in March (with my kid, duh)
1. When you are angry or upset about something how do you express yourself? 2. Do you tend to hold it all in or go onto a verbal rant? 3. Do you express your anger physically? 4. Do you think/expect your loved one/SO to lend and open ear and just listen to what you have to rant about (knowing you will be done with it in a few minutes and won't have to hear about it again anytime soon), or should they roll their eyes at you and wish you to shut up?
Since Bush is starting to tear down the 14th Amendment, which pertains to "due process" and "equal protection" clauses, maybe it's time we look at other amendments
Women have been able to vote since 1920, enacted through the 19th amendment. Since that time, the U.S. has been involved in one world war, two wars in Asia and 2 in Iraq, not to mention the historical fiascos that were Watergate, American Idol and the 70s also happened on their watch.
Obviously, we all hoped this experiment with women voting can be considered a bad idea. Sorry, ladies! Maybe you should all go back to the kitchens and make us menfolk some sloppy joes and let us worry about politics.
1. Should we amend Amendment 19? 2. Women got the right to vote in 1920, and 80 years later, Dick Cheney is the VP. Coincidence, or proof of some hidden agenda of women to upend the U.S.? 3. Should presidents be allowed to backdoor compromise an amendment because of their position? Is an amorphous war on terror reason enough to walk on our Bill of Rights?
I have plenty of free time, so today I'll be taking another shot and stenciling and sewing. I've never had that much luck with either, though with the help of my dad I did sew a fabulous Rilo Kiley tote bag a few years ago. I'm going to buy a blank tote bag to stencil into a Quintron and Miss Pussycat bag, and I'm going to sew a tote bag using fabric I have from the last time I was feeling crafty.
1. Are you familiar with Quintron and Miss Pussycat? If not, if you saw someone carrying a tote bag that said "Quintron and Miss Pussycat" on it, what would you assume it was?
3. Any helpful tips that might make stenciling and using the sewing machine less frustrating? I mean I've done both before but they usually end in lots of frustration. I have a feeling I'll end up getting frustrated, crying, and quitting.
Is it illegal to tape record someone without their prior knowledge?
Example A: What if I were to record a friend of mine who complains about her husband and then the next day says she didn't say "any of that"? This would prove to her that she did say the things she did. Legal or illegal?
Example B: What if I were to record my boss yelling at us (me and my co-worker) in a very unprofessional manner? This would show our (even higher) boss that she acts all nice to us when he's around but is really the sister of the wicked witch of the west. Legal or illegal?
1. What are some of your favorite childhood birthday memories? 2. What is the greatest thing someone has done for or given to you for your birthday? 3. Who else is an Aquarian? Do you think that we really are the weirdos of the zodiac?
1- Would you be interested in a TQC 'travelling notebook' idea? ( Collapse )
2- Are the days seeming longer or shorter to you lately?
3- What's the last e-mail you received's subject? Junk mail or otherwise.
4- When do you (or your parents, or whatever) get groceries?
5- How is your morning/afternoon/evening/middle-of-the-night going?
Mine: 1- Duh, yes I would. 2- Shorter, which is strange since I've been tired all week. 3- "iPod® nano™ for Jen --- Please Claim Now" (Suuuuuuuuuure!) 4- When we can get away with it, we go shopping after 8-9pm on a Friday or Saturday night. I hate crowds of people! :( 5- Boooooooooooooooring.
ETA: tqc_notebook's been made. ;P Request to join, I'll take ya right in. Will write out a more detailed pile of ideas for it in the near future (like... next couple hours, since I AM at work :P) and take in ideas too, of course. :)
1. When you're driving in your car all alone and you're listening to a funny program on the radio or whatever, do you laugh out loud? Has anyone in another car ever seen you do this and given you weird looks?
I was listening to the Kane show on DC's 99.5 this morning, and I was laughing all the way to campus. While I was sitting at a light I looked over at the vehicle next to me while in middle of a full laugh, and the guy was giving me a really weird look. It might have been for something completely different, or he might have been daydreaming or something, but I was still surprised and I stopped laughing.
2. When you get a bad headache, how do you treat it? If you take medicine (like aspirin, etc.), what type/brand do you prefer to take?
3. What's your favorite way to exercise?
4. Do you prefer really, really scorching hot weather or really, really cold weather?
5. Have you ever had Naked Juice? If yes, which smoothie is your favorite?
6. A lot of people complain about chocolate and flowers as gifts because neither don't usually last very long, but if you had to receive one or the other, which one would you prefer?
Is there anyone you know who has an obsession with something that makes you go, "For the love of God, why that?" Which is not to say that I don't realize that everyone likes something that most consider a little odd, but we're talking people who seriously fangirl/fanboy something to a potentially scary level.
How long do you think you could stay in a job that you hated?
A year, two years?
EDIT: What if money wasn't an issue?
Alright, my situation is, if you care: I work in aged care, doing a nursing traineeship. I quit in Decemeber because I hate aged care. Do I go back to school to get my nursing qualification, knowing that I will have to work in aged care for another year to get it?
Here's another question, but this one is a tad bit harder. It deals with politics
Considering no single citizen should have complete control over another person, should child-rearing and/or pregnacy be viewed as a privilage that the government can take away, or an unconstitutional right? It's a fact there are people who are known to be unfit to take care of a child, but should such a person be able to help create one?
I wanted to know if anyone knew anything about backordering domain names. About a week ago I paid to backorder one that would expire yesterday. I'm kind of wondering how the whole deal works. When I called my the company I backordered it through they told me it could take up to three months before there is even a possibility of it coming into my possession
For those of you who don't, she and her husband (the Scarborough rapist) raped and killed three teens, one of whom was her own sister. She received a very light sentence in return for her testimony against her husband. She has supposedly gotten married and had a child in the two years since her release.
If you had the authority would you let her keep her child? Would you sterilize her?
What kind of man would marry a woman like that, knowing her background?
1. have you seen the youtube video that's a song about george washington? if so, do you think that this is disrespectful? hilarious? a little of both? (link if you need it) 2. is there something in your life that you hate but have had to learn more about in order to live better? (in my case, it's money - i hate money but i've needed to learn about investing, etc) 3. stoners, what do you like to do when you're high? 4. also for the stoners, do you participate in any kind of creative activity? if so, what? 5. i just got a response to an email i sent out monday (it's thursday today). i'd totally forgotten that i'd even sent the email. do you think that's a reasonable turn around time for an email with a simple question in a business environment? 6. can i have your lunch money, please?
There's a guy/girl you like who has mentioned that they want to get together this week. You got an email from said person this morning when you were online and wrote them back asking if they'd want to get together tonight. If you never got a reply back, would you continue to wait? Or call said person thinking they never checked their mail again? (There is also the factor that they are leaving for a trip tomorrow (Friday) morning, and will be away for a few weeks.)
And also, to just be COMPLETELY random...what is your favorite type/brand of soda?
1. Do you collect designer vinyl toys? 1a. If so, which ones are your favorites? I do! I love the Tokidoki toys and Dunnys among others.
2. I'm going to Florida for a week on Saturday. I'm from New Hampshire and haven't been to Florida in at least ten years. How's the weather? What kind of clothes should I bring?
3. The new Die Hard movie is entitled "Live Free or Die Hard". Like I said, I'm from New Hampshire. Our motto is "Live Free Or Die". Do you think we should get some sort of royalty since they jacked our state motto? Totally! Or at least have a cameo or something, haha.
I was online earlier and had the Tyra Banks show on behind me so I was half hearing today's episode. Today's episode was about teenage prostitutes and porn stars. There was one teen prostitute, a former teen stripper and prostitute, and an 18 year old porn star named Sasha Grey.
I didn't catch everything but I heard the reformed ex-stripper and prostitute say that Sasha Grey did degrading things like licking a toilet seat. Sasha didn't deny it What?
So my question is to the porno watchers who have seen Sasha Grey movies, what's this toilet licking stuff? What other terrible things does she do?
As a second question, what are some terrible things that you've seen women do in pornos? I know the worst stuff is vomit, scat, incest, animals and such but I want to know what else have you seen that was just not normal?
I don't watch porno and I didn't want to Google either of these questions because I don't feel like being bombarded with nude females and search results that don't answer my questions.
She'd have gone out the same way, just a year later
Had more babies with different fathers, caused unnecessary drama out of each one
More Trimspa ads
Hopefully just cleaned her act up and lived straight
She didn't do anything useful with her life this far, what makes you think that she'd do anything if she had more time?
Probably gained all the weight back
I first heard about the news on the radio. Then someone called the show, and said that his son's school sent them home early because of Smith's death. Do you think that her death deserves such national respect?
1)Are you a good driver? 2)Have you been in any accidents? How many? 3)Were they your fault? 4)Do you know anyone who you are actually afraid to go out with if they are driving?
1) Id like to think i'm a good driver, the roads are always icy, ive never been in an accident where i was driving, and i can do some excellent driving stunts haha 2) Ive been in two accidents. None where i was driving.. though. Accident one- i was 8 getting my bag out of my dads truck and i grabbed it and went to jump out and put the truck into gear with my purse... it rolled down the hill of our driveway, into my neighboors car and then smashed into a very large tree. Amazingly my dad thanked me? Accident 2- the very next summer..(both happened at the cabin) our neigh boors place is up a very steep hill.. and his workers had parked the truck right on the top of the hill and had left it running in neutral(stupid) and it ended up rolling down the hill and smashing through the walls of my bedroom and hitting my bed. where i was sleeping. I was fine/extremely startled and without a room for many weeks. 3) technically...the first one was my fault..second one definitely not 4) uhh yea. I just went out for lunch with one of the girls i work with and she drove and i literally thought i was staring death in the face. She drove in BOTH lanes at once for most of the drive. not only that but she was eating the remainder of her lunch while she drove on the way home. Distraction+ worst driver= me FREAKING out in the car. i straight up told her she was the worst driver ever...
My camera - a FujiFilm Finepix a345 - no longer wants to connect to my computer. It gives me 'communication error' when I try to connect it to my USB port, and my computer won't recognise it either. I've tried it in various ports, I've tried removing all my other USB devices, and I've tried reinstalling the software that came with the camera. I'm at my wit's end. Does anyone have any suggestions before I give up and chuck it in the bin?
Okay, so I'm going out with this guy for the first time tomorrow night, and I have a bit of a dilemma.
Afew days ago, I was getting my bills ready to mail out, and I licked an envelope, and got a papercut on the corner of my lip. I put neosporin on it, but it's still kind of red and herpes-coldsore-looking.
What do I do when he comes to pick me up on Friday?
1. Don't go out. Wait till the redness is gone. 2. Wait til he says something and explain that it's perfectly innocent. 3. As soon as I see him, explain right out, before he even gets a chance to ask.
It's not really THAT noticable, but I want to look as close to perfect as I can look.
People composing their own works (mostly scales, though.)
So my co-worker bought a cell phone from this guy on CraigsList and it arrived today. The guy forgot to delete all of his stuff from it. And I do mean everything - pictures, videos, phone numbers, text messages, his Yahoo ID and password... My co-worker has been going through the stuff and deleting it, but there are some weird things on there. Namely the penis pictures. (Why, why didn't he clear his stuff out?)
That made me think... If someone were to obtain your cell phone right now and go through it, what weird stuff might they find?
People would be listening to the Jackson 5's "ABC" and viewing pictures of crochet hooks on mine. Wahoo.
There's this song I've been thinking of today. It creeps into my thoughts now and then, and it just makes me feel so...beguiled. The song itself is a Yeats poem, set to music, called 'The Song of Wandering Angus'. The version in particular I like is by Ruth Barret and Cynthia Smith. Every time I hear it, it sort of creeps up along my spine, this otherworldly song that sounds like it slipped out of the ether, and chills me with its enchanting strings. It's an eerily beautiful song about an eerily beautiful...event. Here's the lyrics ( Collapse )
For some reason, this song has haunted me for over 15 years.
Without wiki'ing it, 1. What do you think the song is about? What did Angus see? 2. What songs do you feel are haunting? More than just beautiful or strange, they take on some other trait that uniquely pierces you 3. Can you find me a link of this song anywhere? My only copy's on cassette and it's in a box somewhere
When you witness a story in any sort of medium (books, TV, movies, video games, so on an so forth), what's your favorite type of main character/protagonists to see carry that story out? Are there certain aspects or quirks in characters that you have automatic biases toward, whether or not it has much bearing on the plot itself?
What about antagonists?
Which stories have you actually taken the message/theme/moral/lesson to heart? What was the message?
1. I'd like to learn sign language. Who offers classes? Community places like the Y? colleges? I'm not in school.
2. I work as a Standardized Patient for a local university, where basically I act as a patient and the medical students have different case scenarios and get feedback on how they handled things/their bedside manner/etc. Today I was a woman finding out she has MS, and some of the questions that came up frequently were:
a.) Do you give a patient a lot of information about their malady upon telling them about it or is that overloading them with info? b.) If you're a med student who doesn't know this patient very well, but they are obviously upset, what is the boundary as far as consoling them, physically or nonphysically? c.) If you have the report w/the bad news results, do you tell them right away or is there a way of easing into it?
I dont know. If you're interested, if you're a doctor, if you play one on TV, let 'er rip!
2. What do you think about college professors who ''don't do'' e-mail?
3. What component of culture interests you most?
4. If a car starts off using a specific type of gas, do you always have to use that type of gas? i.e. A car is bought and filled with premium gas, do you have to use premium gas in that car for the rest of it's duration? I'm getting two different answers on that. - Answered by plus_c.
5. Drivers - what's the worst thing anyone's ever done to you on the road?
*If any of these were posted, I apologize. I didn't find anything related to any of these questions when I used the LJ search. **Googling #4 gets me things about cars, but not what I'm looking for.
I'm going on a trip to Palo Alto, CA for a Latin convention [I swear it is not as lame as it sounds]. I live in Orange County, and the bus ride is going to be 8 hours long, so I need stuff to bring on the bus.
If you were going on a wicked long bus ride such as this, what are some things you would ABSOLUTELY need to bring with you?
Why is it that you always seem to know when someone's looking at you? You know, you just get that feeling and you glance over and someone's looking at you. Very rarely does that feeling just occur without someone actually looking. And how weird is it that sometimes they continue to stare?
How friendly are you? Are you able to strike up a conversation with a stranger?
How's your public speaking skills? Do you get nervous about speeches, or is it a cakewalk? Did you (or do you) ever speak up in class, without having a question being directed specifically at you?
How's your temper? Easily aggravated, or are you pretty passive?
1. Why is it that I just got a flier today in the US mail from the YMCA to join while they are still having their latest promotion? Oh, and the promotion ran from JANUARY 2-15th. WTF, USPS? Edit already: I also got a Costco flier that says on it, "Postmaster, please deliver between December 29th and January 5th."
2. What are good, fast paced songs I can put on my iPod to listen to while working out? Bonus points if it's instrumental only.
3. Is it completely insane that my mom bought my SIX year old nephew a Wii for his birthday on Monday? Or am I the only one who thinks so?
1-has anyone here driven from california to texas or texas to california? how long did it actually take, taking into account any sightseeing you might have done. it said on google maps that its about a day of non stop driving so does that equate to about 2 days worth of travelling or more like 3?
2-i tried google, but came unsuccesful, what song is this... "its mostly medical, im sorry to inform you all, the situations critical..." something like that and it goes "hello -clap clap-" at one point of the song.
I need to make a salad dressing. I have most ingredients you could throw at me in a recipe, within reason. I'm trying to makes something super delicious. Any ideas? I want your tried and true recipes, otherwise I would Google, thanks.
When you're friends with two people who are dating, after they break up, do you think that the reasons/conditions of their break up should have any effect on your frienship with both of them?
I ask because this is going on right now and while most people are taking sides, I'm not sure if I have any right to. The girl is being a huge cunt to her ex (she cheated and broke up with him and makes fun of him a lot now that they're broken up), but I don't know how that really applies to my frienship with her. It just makes me a little wary of her and I'd certainly never want to date her, but everyone else has pretty much abandoned her and I don't really get why, since they weren't the ones going out with her in the first place.
edit: Forgot to mention. I'm a lot closer to the girl, and my best friend is really close with the guy who she broke up with (they're more than probably crushing on each other, too, aw). It sort of complicates the situation because my best friend absulotely is siding with the guy, and I'm empathetic (sympathetic?) as to why this girl broke up with him (it was an internet relationship, and after she broke up with him he's become a lot more active off of the computer - the break-up was actually pretty beneficial for him, aside from any emotional scarring), so it's just sort of lamely complicated. I want my best friend to understand why I'm not taking the same side that she is.
1. What are your nicknames? Recka and Rebreakfast.
2. How did you obtain them? Reading a baby-name book with friends and Recka was a listed nickname for Rebecca. It seemed to stick. Rebreakfast came from a friend who would always add random things to "Re".
3. Do you love them or hate them? I don't mind them but prefer being called Rebecca.
4. Whats the one name you don't want anyone to call you? Becky.
When was the last time you were drunk?-lastnight, most of this morning What were you drinking?-uhhh vodka & lemonade, sea breeze jugs Did you have a fun night?-absolutely, i danced the night away and it was aces.
Extra points for drunk pictures! im suffering from a hangover, make me giggle with them.
It seems all of my questions have to do with my job in one way or another. I teach junior high language arts and I'm doing a unit on media literacy. Here's what I'm looking for, but I have absolutely no idea if it exists. What I want is either of the following options:
1) a video or clip where on first viewing, it seems as though one thing is happening. On second viewing, something is changed, whether it be the music or the camera angle or something similar and the meaning is totally altered. 2) an image where at first glance it seems as though one thing is going on in the shot, but at closer inspection, the viewer sees what's really going on.
This is all to teach about perception and critical viewership.
Do you know if something like this exists? Where could I find it?
Do you have a job that you love but can't or don't want to do for the rest of your life?
Are there times in your life you love but you know they're going to end eventually?
I love my job. I work at Valvoline Instant Oil Change and it's the best job I've ever had. It just makes me feel good. I love the people I work with and I always have fun when I'm there. It's not a job I could do forever though. Even if I became a manager and earned enough money to live off of, this job is doing horrible things to me. I'm developing problems in my back and feet. I'm also developing carpal tunnel(more so due to playing the piano). I have no idea what I'm going to do after I get out of college and have to support myself.
I also love this time in my life. I have great friends and co-workers and everything is going my way. Soon I'm going to have to go back to school though and be away from home, I'll have to study and I won't be working. This summer is the last I've got before I'm off to school. I'm going to try and milk it as much as I can.
How well do retainers actually work with covering piercings? More specifically, how well would they do with covering up a snake bites piercing? I'm sure they'd be easier to hide if they were with barbells, but I'd like to know everything, basically. Any help is very much appreciated-especially if you could show me pictures of you/someone wearing one or if any of you have had personal experiences. Thanks~
I just bought two 60 watt lightblubs for my bedroom. While screwing one in, I noticed the label on the base said, "Fire Hazard - 60 Watts Max". Now, does this mean that I should go out and by two 30 watt bulbs (or less, idk watt sizes), or am I fine as is?
ETA: NVM. I just checked the previous bulbs, both 60 watts, both treated me fine for a year. :D
Do you give your playlists meaningful names? I try to, though I often steal the names from elsewhere. My running playlist is "Compression of Time" because it makes the run seem faster; my sleeping playlist is called "Suppression of Darkness" because it relaxes me, etc. (Bonus points if you guess the origin of these names!)
What's under your bed? Mini-fridge, two plastic bins filled with food, my suitcase, a chair, and two five pound weights.
Before you get started on your homework, how do you make yourself comfortable? (Or uncomfortable, if that helps you more). I put my hair back, roll up my sleeves, and sit on one leg when I write a paper. If I'm just reading, I'll lean back and put my legs on the desk.
Did you hear that Anna Nicole Smith died (supposedly from a drug overdose of some kind)? I heard it from a girl at class and checked it out when I got home.
Are you surprised? Surprised that she died, but not surprised that it was supposedly an overdose.
What are your thoughts? This sort of thing happens to people every day, the only difference with her is that she had media attention. Enough of that, I guess.
edit: A friend just told me that her Jack Russel Terrier is expecting puppies. My family has been looking for another dog and this is pretty perfect timing, too. Do you have any personal experience with Jack Russels? Did you find them to be good dogs or no? I'm looking up breed info, but personal info would be great.
2. What is the last thing that frustrated you? I was 3 inches away from finishing a tote bag and the needle in the sewing machine broke. I wanted to fucking stab out my eyes. The whole thing was so frustrating and it was finally going so well and I thought for sure I'd be finished in 2 minutes. It's even more frustrating because all the stores that would sell them are closed, and I know there are some in my house that I can't find.
3. For those of you familiar with the Bowery subway station, do you think it's really that bad/shifty? Would you be okay with your 19 year old daughter being there alone late at night?
I'm doing high school Model United Nations, and I'm in the OIC (Organization for Islamic Conference) committee (which basically involves every middle eastern country you can think of, even the smaller ones), and my country is Egypt. We met today, and will also meet tomorrow and Saturday.
We started a topic tonight called "Preventing Nuclear Proliferation". That includes ALL nukes including weapons and ones used as an energy source, etc. My question is: How would Egypt feel in this situation?? We've got the nile, and I forget the precentage but I know that well over half of our population (60-70%?) lives right by/near the Nile River, and uses hydro-electric power.
In my commitee I believe that there are two working papers being written, one stating that the entirety of the Middle East should be a nuke-free zone, and in (or over the process of) 13 years all of us disband/give up all of our nukes. I personally don't agree with JUST the middle East giving up their weapons, and they didn't state that if this works then everyone else all over the world would do it too. I also don't agree that if it were done, that it should take an entire 13 years. You never know what could be done in 13 years!!
The other working paper is talking about everyone keeping the nukes and using them not as weapons but as energy. I told them that I would sign for that one, but I really don't believe that that will do much good, or that we would see much change.
THANK YOU SO MUCH! Help a poor high school student out!!