I don't have a favorite, cuz I buy random things from random places.
January 30th, 2007
I don't have a favorite, cuz I buy random things from random places.
Why is it often socially acceptable for vegetarians to eat fish? I became vegetarian very recently and didn't really think about if I was going to stop eating fish- the majority vegetarians I've known have eaten fish, so I guess I just considered it natural to. Is it because they're not raised in captivity? Do you think it's wrong for claimed vegetarians to eat fish? I'm interested in hearing people's perspectives. Also, I've been reading about how it's bad to eat fish because of all of the toxins in their bodies from polluted water, and I'm having trouble believing it after we are always told how good fish are for you.
cats or dogs? no inbetweeny-weenies!
have you ever had a dream that was so so much like you've wanted in reality but you wake up and are disappointed becuase it's just a dream? that's so sad when it happens.
what could it mean, in a dream, if someone sticks their tongue in your butt! this question and the above one may or may not be related. :) or, any places online where it might have some kind of answer to this would be good.
i live in the student apartments up at college and our firewalls are terrrrible! i can't download anything, pretty much. i've tried torrents, youtube and any other kind of downloading possibility, but i am mostly just stuck. are there any communities or things online where i can have someone send me or direct me to see downloads of The L Word, seasons one through three? i am pretty much desperate. i do not have showtime, so i am stuck. :(
what's the best revenge story that you've heard about? the best revenge that you've ever played? best played on you?
also, i'm glad i found this place! you guys answer so fast!
b) caption this? ( Collapse )
2. I sent in an application for college today. I've not done this in about two years (Christ, I feel old), so refresh my memory: About when do you think I'll hear back? Does it vary greatly school to school?
Do you think they want a fresh copy, or the copy that I submitted for my class?
I'm going to call the office in the morning to double check.
1) is cultural appropriation wrong? and is it racist? I've never thought it was wrong or racist (religious appropriation does bother me sometimes, not cultural, though)
2) what is racist? is it possible not to be racist? I've never considered myself racist nor have I ever been accused of racism, but i don't know, i've heard from so many people of all races that everyone is racist in some way or another, I guess it must be true. Is it racist that if I meet a new person from another race/ethnicity/culture I think it's cool to talk about their culture and stuff? Is finding someone's skin color attractive racist?
3) I don't understand how it is determined what race a person belongs to, by themselves or others. I've heard that if you are 1/8th black, you are black. (or other race/ethnicity) People who are part-black and very light skinned are "passing" when they call themselves white. But that 1/8th thing has always struck me as rather racist in and of itself. If someone looks white and calls themselves white, aren't they white? Or is feeling someone can define their own cultural identity in and of itself racist?
Edited for context: It's 2 in the morning, I can't sleep, the only thing on tv is Boy Meets World on the Disney Channel or the story of a 750 pound man on TLC. It's the episode where Shawn gets involved in a cult and Topanga is hot and Cory is annoyingly whiny.
Ladies, what is the sweetest thing a guy has ever done for you?
Guys, what is the sweetest thing you've ever done for a girl you cared about?
Anddd for the win: ( Collapse )
Random Question. get back at me. - sam.
How can I convince her that we don't need a microwave?
What would you do if you lived without a microwave?
Are you pro, anti, or neutral to microwaves?
Please note, I'm currently in the middle of reading Hannibal Rising, so no spoilers please. And I'd have to say Hannibal was by far my favorite book.
2. If you have/haven't read the books, have you seen the movies? Which was your favorite? Do you plan on seeing Hannibal Rising?
Yes, I've seen all the movies, not sure about Hannibal Rising through, and SoTL was my favorite.
3. Do you think that Hannibal Rising will be a gorefest, like current 'horror' movies, or if it will it be more of a just a Hannibal movie? Not too much bloodshed and gore.
And another non Hannibal Question.
4. Have you seen the movie Blood and Chocolate? How did it relate to the book? Would someone who loved the book like the movie or vice versa?
Annnd just for fun. ( I'm sure it's been asked before, please don't hurt me )
5. If you could be a super hero sidekick ( No, you can't be a superhero ), what would your nickname be, and what superhero would you work for? ( And you can make them up, what would your hero's name be, what would their powers be, what color cordinating outfits would the two of you wear... ect.).
El Camino = Car or Truck?
What made you come to your conclusion?
"When Life gives you lemons _______________"
It can be as many words as you want.
2. what do you do for a living?
3. did you go to college, if so what did you take as your major?
I downloaded Avast today and scanned and I have these viruses: bWin32:Netsky-J [Wrm]
The advice from Avast was to move it to the chest, whatever that means. So I clicked the button and it said I couldn't do that. I hit repair and it couldn't do that either.
I've been searching online for the remedy to these viruses and I read somewhere that I have to run a boot scan but I can't because I have Windows 98.
I know nothing about fixing viruses. I don't even know where to begin. The only things I've downloaded are Avast and CC Cleaner. I'm on dialup so Avast took like 2 hours to download.
Am I fucked?
Can someone please help me? Are there better things for me to download that will help?
The problem that my computer has been giving me is that when I'm online, it freezes after a while and I have to manually shut it down to restart it.
I only have 63.0 MB of RAM left.
Any help will be greatly appreciated. I'm sorry to post this here but I don't know where else to post.
What would you do with your kids during the zombie invasion? Especially if you had an infant or very small children. I am not talking about kids that are older then 10 or so.
edited to add: What would you do if you were bitten by a zombie?
edited AGAIN: please state if you currently have kids or if you do not. I am just curious to see how the answers work out. And no, pets don't count as kids. Because the zombies tend to ignore the animals.
2) What are your feelings on women who have a huge file of things they want for their wedding, when they are single?
3) Do you think that eating meat is the equivalent of eating a huge pile of steaming shit?
4) If you were going to kill yourself, would you post a goodbye post in your LJ?
5) Do you think it's ever okay to say "I told you so" to your SO?
1. pay more money to get it fixed again and hope that this time it works
2. buy a new PC
3. buy a new hard drive and re-use the existing monitor and keyboard
My question is, which makes more sense in terms of money and time? for example, if I go to Circuit City and buy a new hard drive, can I just plug in my Dell monitor and keyboard? Will I have to buy new Microsoft Office software or can I install the copies that came with my original PC? Keep in mind that I don't care if I have the new Windows Vista or Windows XP.
For example, my right hamstring is sore today, but I didn't exercise yesterday (I do Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday)
What the fuck does that mean?
...That's all I've got. I'm looking into a couple of companies that do this, and seem to pay a ton of money. Wondering if I'll be a mutant after whatever it is they do, or if this is a good sane way to make some cash. :)
2. What does it look like?
3. Where did you get it?
4. Who did you last speak to on the phone?
5. What do you hate right now?
2. Do you think there will be a cure for AIDS developed within the next 10 years? If there is, how much do you think it will cost?
3. Besides HIV/AIDS or any type of cancer, what do you think is the worst disease that a person could have?
San Francisco would be great too, but there aren't any schools there that are up to my standards.
Because I've already gotten into college and don't want to bother with researching anymore, does anyone know any good schools that AREN'T party schools, but are located in big or interesting cities where there's lots of stimulation?
How old were they when they first met?
My dad is about a month older than my mum and they were both 19 when they met. They didn't get married until they were 29 though.
If you don't have nails and are offended by this question, I'm sorry.
2.) What is your favorite kind of mustache and/or beard?
3.) Have you ever had a mustache? If so, please describe it, or better yet post a picture.
What does this mean, and is there a catch? Is it kind of like a temp agency?
For instance, I was just walking back to campus, thinking about a million things, and had to cross the road. I looked one way, no traffic, and didn't even look the other direction until I was about to step out into the road, saw a truck coming (it was a fare distance away), and the just ran across the road. I mean, I wouldn't have gotten hit by any stretch, but I still can't believe I ran, and didnt just stop.
Needless to say the driver yelled obscenities at me.
God I'm having a stupid day.
a.) If so what did you use?
2.) Has anyone tried to whiten their teeth and it didn't work?
a.) If so what failed you?
3. Where is that post about how you know it's cold? I tried to LJ seek it and it didn't come up.
which do you think is healthier? (or which do you KNOW is healthier ha ha)
A. Getting the same amount of sleep every night.
B. Getting up at the same time every day, and catching up w/a nap if you had a late night?
My boyfriend plays the bass, and I'd like to get him a couple books with bass tabs of some bands that he likes. I've looked on Amazon.com, and I cant find what I'm looking for, so I thought I'd ask here. I'd like to get him an official book with bass tabs for The Misfits, and The Strokes. I know a lot of songs have bass tabs online, but those are unofficial, and he doesn't like those. The Misfits and The Strokes both have an official book of guitar tabs, but I cant find one for the bass. Does anyone have either of these, or know if they exist?
I appreciate any help.
- Did you ever frequent friendster?
- Anyothers I missed?
- Whats your favorite Baseball team (like pro?)
- Whats your favorite kind of ice cream?
- Digital camera or SLR or Point and SHoot?
- What color is your ceiling @ home?
- Are you excited for valentines day?
My answers are in the comments
I need to be able to see what's going. Most of the time when I leave the computer I'm running things I need to be able to glance back on from somewhere else in the room. A screen saver totally makes what's going on behind it hidden.
( Collapse )
This happens a lot in my family.
Are you happy to do it for them or does it annoy you?
2) What's the deal with Windows Vista? Are of us PC users fucked soon because we're going to have buy this new edition? Does anyone have it yet/plan to buy it soon?
3) Is society emasculating males?
4) Lots of black people are born in the US. Lots of Asian people are born in the US. Are there lots of black people born in Asia? Are there lots of Asian people born in Africa? Or South America?
5) Do you think a stay-at-home mom who has never worked can understand the challenges that women face in the workplace?
6) Do you think a person with a college education is smarter than a person without one? Do you think a person with a college education could have more common sense than someone without one?
7) Do you think IQ matters in intelligence?
Dear pro-choice TQC'ers:
Do you think a woman should be able to have an abortion for any reason other than her immediate health or the positive recognition of very serious birth defects past the first trimester?
I'm thinking maybe this should be my last abortion question, eh?
2. what tv series do you own?
2a. which ones do you want to get?
3. if any, what cartoons do you own on tape/dvd?
What is the most important piece of advice you could give to a first time buyer?
How hard or easy would say the process of buying a house was?
What were some surprise expenses involved in the process?
2. Education and career wise, are you more successful than your parents, or have they done better?
2. What's the worst advice anyone's ever given you?
3. Do you think you give good advice? Do many of your friends come to you seeking advice?
4. Where do you get most of your advice from?
5. Who do you think gives the best advice?
Why do you like Cats?
If you don't like it, why not?
( Collapse )
For example: Bob Barker might answer with "spaying and neutering your pets"
what are some good things to do lieing on the couch?
any good (dial-up friendly) sites you recomend?
what should I eat as a snack? ice cream, sausage, or cookies?
IF THEY HAD BOOKED YOU ON THE SAME DATE!!! --
Which show would you pick??
The Daily Show with Jon Stewart
The Colbert Report
1. How do you "medically verify" that a male is a virgin?
2. If you had to pick one, what would you say is the worst reality TV show ever?
2. If you could only go to one concert for the rest of your life (that is, you choose once concert and that's it until you die), who would you go see?
3. If you were trapped on an island with your favorite person and ran out of food, would you kill that person to eat them?
4. Anyone watch Top Chef? Who do you hope wins tomorrow night?
5. For those in the US, does that Pedigree dog food commercial about the dogs in the pound make you cry?
( Collapse )
What you'd rather have
If and when zombie invasion occurs, what will your choice of weapon be?
Wait, we were mistaken! It wasn't zombies at all that would be attacking us. It's SCIENTOLOGISTS! Quick, what's your primary weapon now?
b) What is your opinion on it?
( Collapse )
So, the question is - do you buy your toilet paper to match your bathroom/toilet decor? Do you like scented toilet paper? I've come across some that smelt like apples, which was odd.
Inspired by this post - what's the weirdest object you've heard of someone being intimately involved with?
Now my question is this: which would you choose? Do you pick a normal life with the absolutely certain knowledge that your consciousness will survive as energy or a soul, but with no idea what exactly you will experience in that state or where you eventually end up, and with the chance of meeting oblivion at the end anyway? Or do you pick the guarantee of at least 4,000 years and possible thousands more, knowing you'll have perfect health and never lose mental faculties, but at the end of it all, you absolutely, positively will cease to exist?
My son (age 10) got into a fight with a girl when they both raced to a phone to answer it. The phone hit the girls leg, and she said my son punched her. Whatever, he shouldn't have been racing to the phone in the class. (He had permission to answer it, she didn't).
Anyway, that afternoon, the parent of the girl shows up at my door and starts going apeshit about my son hitting her daughter. As soon as she started yelling, I closed the door in her face. She went ballistic screaming and yelling obsenities saying that if my son ever hit her daughter again, she would call the cops.
So, since this is the family has been at my son before (the Dad screamed obsenities at Ricky for not letting his 6 year play a game with him and his best friend), I decided to just end the relationship with this family.
They live three doors down.
I have told the kids they are not to play with them, or around their house. They can be on the sidewalk riding their bike, but they aren't to stop or play with them in anyway.
Problem is, now my son's friend, who plays with these kids occasionally, is taking turns playing with the girls because 'they said I had to play with them every other day'. His mother thinks I am being rediculous for not letting the kids play together anymore.
So, what do you think question club? I don't need my son accused of hitting this girl when he hasn't and have him brought up on charges with the police. What would you do?
I hate coming between kids but my son and this girl HATE each other, and the girl was moved out of my son's homeroom class because of their bad relationship.
By PHIL DAVIS
ASSOCIATED PRESS WRITER
TAMPA, Fla. -- A woman who told police she had been raped was jailed for two days after officers found an old warrant accusing her of failing to pay restitution for a 2003 theft arrest.
While she was behind bars, according to the college student's attorney, a jail worker refused to give her a second dose of the morning-after contraceptive pill because of the worker's religious convictions.
The 21-year-old woman was released Monday only after attorney Vic Moore reported her plight to the local media.
"Shocked. Stunned. Outraged. I don't have words to describe it," Moore said. "She is not a victim of any one person. She is a victim of the system. There's just got to be some humanity involved when it's a victim of rape."
Moore said the woman was not allowed to take the second emergency contraceptive pill until Monday afternoon, a day late, after reporters called police and jail officials.
Tampa police said they were changing their policy to give officers more discretion on when to arrest a crime victim who has outstanding warrants.
( Collapse )
1. Do you think the Jail's Nurse had the right to deny her emergency contraception based on her own religious reasons?
2. Do you think that that she should have gone to jail?
3. Do you think the police should have dropped the rape case? (She's a criminal too, after all...)
4. She was at a pirate themed festival.. it was just historical accuracy at play here, right?
(( Note my dripping sarcasm above, of course. I'm freaking PISSED.
1. Hell no. Bitch would be going down, let me tell you.
2. Possibly she should have been brought to court at a later date, but jailing her the night after she was raped? Completely f'ng unacceptable.
3. HELL NO. A violent crime or theft? I mean, obviously both crimes are terrible, but I would think the police should be more concerned about violent crimes, and bringing the perpetrators to justice for that sort of thing, especially when theyv'e found the woman who owes the $5000 and will be able to find her again, should they find asshole who raped her, since she'll be testifying.
4. I think it's interesting. But attacks happen everywhere. ))
Have you ever seen Dark Side of the Rainbow? What did you think?
Which universe would you rather live in? Star Trek or Star Wars? Why?
( Collapse )
- British Airways
- Others you would recommend
I've heard bad things about Iberia, and good things about BA and SAS.
Edit - If you like a particular airline, what is it that you like?
ive found a recipe on foodnetwork.com for making pizza crust. it calls for bread flour instead of all purpose flour.
what is the difference?
if i use all purpose flour will it ruin the integrity of the dough?
where can i find bread flour? (its not at my local safeway. i live close to a raley's and an albertsons)
anyone have a good recipe for pizza dough/sauce?
Then how come Vegans eat fruit? We have Tree Farms to grow fruit just like we have Dairy Farms to get milk. Wouldn't we be using the trees? They're alive too.
And why is it wrong to eat eggs? Chickens will lay unfertilized eggs regardless if we eat them are not. Why would they care if we took them? I had a pet bird that laid eggs all the time and didn't give a rats ass what happened to them.
What's the strangest dream you've ever had?
Foot tattoo - put it on the foot that already has an ankle tattoo or on the totally bare foot?
( Collapse )
2. why/why not?
3. what type?
5. how often?
6. if you haven't or don't often.. why would you use it? (example, if your city got better public transportation, etc)
7. where do you live?
Edit for clarification: I'm not worried about it, mostly just curious because it's kind of weird feeling.
Please embed ONE or TWO examples of a vid you really enjoy watching. Doesn't have to be your all-time fave, just something you're really enjoying right now. And put the title or a hint of what it's about, so we know what we're in for.
I look at people singing, mostly. Not like pop stars, but Boy soloists and choirs and stuff. And clips from movies.
( Collapse )
Have you ever caused a scene at work?
Did you ever quit your job in a not-so-silent-or-polite way?
What kind of drama have you started at the workplace?
If you've ever been fired, what happened?
II. What little, simple thing makes you happy?
III. If you had the chance to rule one country for a week, what country would you pick?
what should I do when i get them off?
Do you use antibiotics? Have you received vaccines? If you were to be diagnosed with a serious medical condition, say advanced cancer, would you want the best treatment available?
Do you realize that a lot of modern medicine is based in animal research techniques?
I'm not saying that it should be done with no restrictions, but I find it a wee bit hypocritical that so many people argue against animal testing without doing their homework. Quite frankly, humans probably wouldn't be where we are today without it. Would you be willing to accept the consequences of medical and pharmacological treatment without animal testing?
I realize this is a lot of questions, technically, but it really all boils down to this:
If you're opposed to all forms of animals testing, what alternatives would you suggest?
If you're okay with some animal testing where do you draw the line?
Warning: Simply stating that you would only test for treatments/therapies relevant to "important" or "devastating" conditions won't count. This is subjective: Who determines what is important? Some people are severely affected by what appears to be a minor illness to someone not afflicted.
Also, if you're going to argue that we can now grow human tissue, are you for stem cell research? Have you ever tried to culture tissue and do you know what limitations may be faced?
Does an Advanced Regents Diploma count for much, if anything?
I've heard some people say it is some extra work, but it helps you get into better colleges. Then I've heard people say it is just extra sweating, and that colleges don't even care or look about/at that.
What kind of music, if any, do you play while meditating? Why (or how) did you choose it?
Is it hypocritical to be pro-life, and work for a company like Lockheed Martin (which makes and sells weapons to governments around the world, as well as influencing foreign policy in certain major war-hungry nations)?
Let's say you got a one-time free pass to kill someone, who would it be and how would you dispose of the body?
Edited to add: if you can't/won't/don't want to kill someone, but a best friend did, how would you help them dispose of the body? Or would you even help them?
2)Do you have any friends who swear/curse on a regular basis?
3)Do you call them swear, curse, or cuss words? Or something else?
4)What was the last random thing that made you feel horny?
Preferably nothing with expensive ingredients...although not ruling them out.
I'm looking for basic things I could incorporate into my normal lifestyle, not anything too fancy.
Thanks in advance!
2. For all college-goers: What did you write about in your application essays? How creative is too creative?
3. Do you like your pizza with light, medium or heavy sauce?
4. What is your guilty pleasure?
How do you make a list you can post up online of all your songs in iTunes? I guess it's sort of like a way to show people of what songs you have and stuff. I've googled it but I can't seem to find my answer. So yeah thanks in advance to anyone who can solve my problem =D.
I am decorating my bedroom in a ‘black and white’ theme.
All I have so far is a black and white beadspread and a few pictures on my walls hung in black frames. Needless to say decorating is not my forte!
My cat walked across the keyboard and now I have to hover with the mouse at the top and bottom of my screen to get the toolbars to show up. Otherwise what's on the internet page takes up the whole screen and I can't see the start menu or the tab w/ file etc. on it at the top.
Any idea what's wrong/how to fix it???
Thanks, answered! :)
What kind of soap do you use?
I use Dove unscented.
Mine are Sister Hazel's "All For You", Embrace's "Ashes" and The New Pornographers' "The Bleeding Heart Show". They're all corny, yeah, but they make me feel really happy and slightly dorky.
2. I've never told anyone about this, although my mom has noticed me doing it before and asked me about it (I always tell her it's nothing). When I'm watching television or listening to someone talk or things like that, and I hear a word that for some reason really appeals to me, I'll trace it out in thin air with my right index finger, over and over and over again. If you put a notebook and pen in my hand, I'll do the same thing, only I'll actually write the word repeatedly. The last time I did this was a few minutes ago with the word 'anesthetic'. I'll trace it out again and again until I'm pleased with the way I wrote it out (even though it's in thin air and no one can see it, including me, lol). At the same time, I'll repeat the word over and over again in my head as I trace it out. Anyway, I probably do this about a hundred times a day. I've been doing it for longer than I can remember. Does anyone else have this strange habit? It doesn't interfere with my life, but it is sort of weird.
[For reference by realistic heart I mean a human heart and this is the t-shirt: http://www.splitreason.com/productdetail.php?id=330 ]
Also: What is your ideal valentines gift?
What are you buying for somebody? (if you are)
So my question is does anybody know anything, or have any information about duties on imported goods you intend to sell in the US?
I checked the customs and state department website, but couldn't find anything about items worth collectively less than $1000. There was a lot about shipping things back, and large purchases, and cargo, but I'm just looking to bring back some jewelry and maybe some skirts or something. I've heard of people doing this before, but just can't find any info about the kind of duties I'd have to pay.
My personal favorite is Hamlet and A Midsummer Night's Dream is my second.
I want to know so next time someone is all up and like "Oh man my back hurts" I can be like "Hey. I'll give you a massage." and I'll know how to work it and I'll be the most popular guy in school.
In 8th grade, me and my friend sat around in gym making up this list of everyone in our class. The list was what job we thought they would have in the future. We gave ones out like truck driver, stripper, etc...I think some girl saw us doing it and the gym teacher stole the paper and yelled at us for it. That's about the most trouble I got into at school ever....oh aside from the time in 5th grade when we got in trouble for making up fake packets of cigarettes and pretended to smoke them on the playground.
Can you buy Disneyland tickets at a Disney Retail store, I remember one of my friends doing that or maybe Im just imagining this?
What nicknames have you and your friends come up with for your crushes so you could talk about them without worrying that someone would overhear? And please tell me other people did this! =P
Mine: Disco D, Disco C, Disco J (long story!), the Keebler Elf, Da-da-da, McFlurry....hmm I think we had more than that but those are all I can remember at the moment.
What brands do you guys feel are the top contenders? Nikon, Canon, Olympus?
Any good/bad experiences with the newer Nikon CoolPix models? Canon PowerShot models?
I've seen all these shows already, dammit!
If you are, do you want to, uh, lend me a couple of grand so I can start out in your fine church?
Do you think Scientology is funny?
Do you lose respect for famous people you once liked when you find out they are a Scientologist?
Do you hold Scientology on the same level as all religions, or is it in a special place in your heart?
No, and no. But I do want to join, so I'll give you my PayPal account if you want to give me a couple of grand.
Yes. (Beck, Chick Corea, Jason Lee. Why? Why?)
I think they are all equally ridiculous, for the most part. Some have just had more time to gain an air of legitimacy. But Scientology is even more ridiculous because of how much money people pay for the privilege of, um, being a Scientologist.
I was watching a movie before, and laying on my arm. About halfway through, I decided I wanted some Coco Pops. So I went and got myself a bowl, then reached up for the box (very top shelf)...at which point I realised my arm was apparently very weak, and the box hit me in the face. Luckily, it was on its last bowl, so it didn't hurt (or not, since I'll now have to buy more).
2. Sleep deprivation induced idiocy:
Another time, a couple of years ago, I stayed up all night for some reason. Come morning, I went to get some cereal..I had a choice between Weet-Bix, Corn Flakes, and something in a green box. After a little consideration, I decided on Corn Flakes. I devised a number of very logical steps which I knew would lead me to the right box (having such poor concentration at the time). First, look for the blue box. That left me with two choices. Next, locate the one without any visible red on it, ruling out the Weet-Bix. After taking a minute to run through these steps, I pulled out the appropriate box, and proceeded to pour myself a bowl of whatever crap was in the green box. It was then that I decided to go to bed.
3. Consistent memory blanks:
No matter what, I never seem to be able to remember if I flushed the toilet. I know this about myself, and will often make a specific mental note indicating that I had, and the second I walk out of the toilet I think to myself "did I remember to flush?". This also happens when I go out anywhere: I can never remember if I did my fly up or not...
So tell me: what non-serious, slightly amusing oddities have you experienced? Just something your body or mind did, or does, to trip you up in some slight, superficial manner.