What do I do?
What do I do?
Why should I read it?
Hot? Room temp? Cold?
2. When brushing your teeth, do you turn the water off between wetting your toothbrush and rinsing?
3. What is the stupidest, most insignificant, nit-pickiest thing that you bicker about with someone you live with?
4. What is your favorite "tag" on your list of tags?
5. What little things do you NEED in order to fall asleep?
6. Do you know how old you were when you were potty trained?
2. Have you ever had yucca root? How was it prepared?
wanna give an example?
what do you think of me based on my icon?
Can anyone explain to me how to add the code and make it work myself, or will such information fry my puny little uneducated mind?
Just randomly thought of that....
2. Should I go through the pictures my friends have of me on facebook and untag them now?!
3. What movie did you recently discover or rediscover?
I just rediscovered The Goonies!
-How much does a root canal cost? [It's not on my molars or back teeth if that counts]
-What's going to happen if I wait any longer?
-Have you had a root canal before? How was it?
-Don't try to scare me, bitches. lol
Either or, but I think cold is slightly better.
2. What are some classic video games every gamer should play that are at least Fifth generation or older? (barring the obvious, like Mario Bros.)
3. Do you wear slippers at home?
Yes, comfy ones made from Tempurpedic memory foam!
4. Favorite cheese?
Feta or brie.
5. Favorite work of art (bonus if there's a link to a picture)?
I'm rather fond of The Arnolfini Wedding by van Eyck and The School of Athens by Raphael, to name two.
Was that a long enough run-on sentence for you?
Do you have any interesting/amusing/boring/hilarious/pat
Also, what is it with zombies? The modern horror film image of a zombie is totally different to their origins as a tale, but we seem to be obsessed with them. What is it about the modern zombie story which so captures the human imagination at this time? Psychoanalysis, plz.
Q: Can eunuchs climax?
A: It depends on the procedure.
What kind of procedures do you think we're talking about? (And, for statistical purposes, are you male or female?)
In case you don't have any idea what I'm talking about, further information behind the cut, but try to figure out your answer before looking. There's no right answer, I'm just curious what you think.
What do you think about White Privilege and the subject of Racism in general?
The closest thing I can find is a BMI, but that's not really what I'm looking for ..
How many McDonald's are in your town? Is that more than the number of BKs or Wendy's or whatever?
How often do you visit one of these places?
Yeah, I'm watching Super Size Me and I'm curious.
Would you ever consider doing what that guy did for a month in exchange for a large sum of money?
1.) Are there any TQCers who are blind/visually impaired and use screen reader and/or screen magnification software?
2.) Does anybody else have any experience with Cushing's disease/syndrome, either personal or family/friends with it?
3.) I'm watching TransGeneration and I'm really fascinated by the wide range of experiences people have with their transitions. I've run into one other FTM here at TQC, but surely there are other transpeople around. I'm very curious about things like what stage of transition you're at currently, when you realized your actual gender and the gender you were born were not the same, how friends/family reacted to it when you told them (if you even have), etc. Are there any transpeople willing to share their experiences? (If you don't want to put all your info in a public place but are still willing to discuss things and swap stories with me, my contact info can be found here.)
4.) Do any of you react poorly to anaesthesia? For example, do you have difficulty waking up from it, does it make you vomit every time, etc.? Also, have you experienced or do you know anybody who has experienced anaesthesia awareness?
5.) Have you ever had a fever that was high enough to cause hallucinations? If yes, what was the temperature and what did you hallucinate?
What do you do once you win one of those titles? I mean, where do you go from there?
2)When did you last color something? Are you more partial to crayons, markers, or colored pencils?
3)Who taught you to play chess?
4)Have you ever fallen asleep or had sex at work? Did anyone find out?
Are you bow-legged, even slightly? How does it affect your daily life?
Bonus points if you've ever interviewed with a law firm hiring a 1L as a summer associate and can give tips in that direction.
How should I do my hair for my interview?
I've got long, layered hair with side bangs.
Should I get an acrylic nail set put on or just a french manicure over my real nails?
My ability to type might be hindered by the fakes (although I'd get them short) but would that look more "professional"?
What do you do to keep calm before a stressful event?
I'm going to eat a banana and take deep breaths.
Why do I want to work for a medical malpractice firm?
Aside from the big bucks? :D How do I word it so that it's not just some general BS about helping those less fortunate?
Why do men of color seem to prefer white women over women of color?
Why do the white girls try to act like they are people of color?
Where are good reputable merchants for furniture like this online? Any places you've used I should avoid? Where should I look in NYC? (I need to keep it under $150)
What would you want for your 30th birthday?
(For those over 30): What are the unseen benefits of the mildly frightening milestone?
2. did it freak you out?
3. did you determine what you'd eaten that turned your poop that weird color?
4. ever eaten something on purpose so that you'd have more colorful poop?
Would you recommend it? Have you lost weight, and if so, how much?
If you live with a SO, how did you resolve what you were eating vs. what they are eating (if they didn't want to do it/didn't need to lose weight)?
How does the billing work? Do I *have* to do automatic debit? I hate automatic debit.
What is your current obsession? (it can be anything.) Mine is Golden French Toast free-trade coffee. OMFG yum.
1. Does anyone else have problems with their keyboard desks at work? I keep getting mine at the right level, but it keeps slipping down and down and down, even though it's in the locked position.
2. Where does the quote "I'm coming Jesus" Come from. I tried googling it, but only jokes showed up and I thought I may have heard it on a simpsons episode? Or some sort of TV show or Movie, anyone know?
How many generations back were you able to go?
How did you find your information?
( Collapse )
1.Do you think Jerry Springer is staged? Why or why not?
2. What would be more uncomfortable for you, using someone else's toothbrush, or wearing someone else's underwear?
3. What's the longest you've owned the same pair of shoes?
1. what would you say if i stopped you in the street and asked you if you'd be willing to participate in such a project?
i thought of using my polaroid camera to where the person can see what the picture looks like.. (in case they want to do a re-take, lol) AND. asking them to include a message about ~*love*~ on the space provided.
2. what would your message be?
[[if you would like to help please reference this entry]]
1. Would you buy such a device if it existed?
2. What would you tell yourself?
3. Do you think your 2002 self would believe what your 2007 self had to say?
Inspired by a radio segment idea and The Burbs
For some unexplained reason, you're fed up with the world and everything you hold valuable. The only solution is...TO KILL! You've been driven to become a serial killer. What gender would you prey on?
What ages would they be?
How would you choose your victims?
What would be your 'thing'? Like, the thing/affectation that separates you from other serial killers? Maybe it's a signature mark you leave on your victims or a particular method of dispatching them or something else. What would yours be?
Have you seen 'The Burbs'? How involved in the suburban investigation would you be, if you were in that neighborhood?
I just ordered an XBox360 with the Live stuff... and am wondering if you can make more than one online profile?
It's not a big deal if not, I'm just curious. :)
Not finding anything about it on the xbox website, so I'll just bug you guys instead of hunting around the internet. YAY!
WTF?? I am going to call the management company today and inform them about this, and that we do not plan on paying for it since it happened in a common area and not by us. What should I expect? I assume that it's legal for them to charge us for it, since it is technically a door to our apartment. Do you TCQ-ers have any advice as to how I should go about doing this, or have any similar experiences that I could learn from? I already took pictures of the "crime scene" with a datestamp on them, but I'm not sure how much this will help.
Oh, and this is in an apartment in Boston, and we are students, and our management company sucks...just to give you guys perspective.
- What site do you go to to get your torrents from?
- Do you have a program you use for timing the work you do for freelancing? I used to have one and i can't find a free one anymore (for apple computers!)?
Selling drugs (including prescription ones at your daddy's law office) or being on welfare popping out babies you can't afford?
Please explain why you consider it to be worse.
So my question is, how often do you wash your clothes? Do you wash your jeans after every wear? Tee shirts? Sweaters?
If it depends, do provide details. I'm a neat freak, but I'm starting to wonder...
Pleaded vs. pled
Example: The defendant _______ guilty to the charges against him.
Lighted vs. lit
Example: Our apartment complex features an in-ground swimming pool and ____ tennis courts.
my questions to you are:
1. when was the last time you were in the ER and for what?
2. if ever - when was the last time you were in ICU and for what?
3. how long was your last hospital stay (not ICU), and for what?
This weekend I saw a squatter kid holding a sign that said, "Anal?" Well, it got me to thinking. What do you think about anal sex? Do you think it is a sin? Would you have it? Have you had it? Stories? And, why does it seem like so many men are obsessed with it??
What did they do to make you hate them so much?
I can't decide. I'm grammar-Nazi-ish about most everything.
2. What's his/her/their name(s)?
3. What about nicknames?
1. A fat old orange cat
2. Her name is Kitty II (my family is highly original).
3. Kitten, Cat, Puck, Puckle, Kit Kit, Mu-mu, Catface, Darling, Foofy, Pooter, Newt, Little Cat, Kitario, Fluff, Fatty, Katarina, Doof, Putter
Did anyone used to post at any of the following forums? Who were you there?
I'm sure there were more but I'll be buggered if I can remember them.
1. Did you ditch on senior ditch day?
2. What did you do?
3. Was it worth ditching? Or is it over-rated?
4. Have any suggestions for what we should do? We don't live near a beach and the closest lake is 2 hours away.
I. Knowing you were about to die, and you had one chance to do one LAST thing, would you take that chance? If so, what would that last thing be?
II. If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
III. Dignorio's frozen pizza, better than delivery?
IV. Which commercial (recent ones) annoys you the most?
( Collapse )
2. If someone referenced your username in a comment in a community that averages +150 a post a day do you think you'd find out about it?
3. Have you ever bought drinks for a complete stranger(s) in a bar? Have you ever had a complete stranger buy drinks for you and/or your friends in a bar?
4. When's the last time you ran into an old friend or acquaintance?
5. Are you taller than either of your parents?
"He was just doing what he needed to do to get by!"
"They didn't need to shoot him!" (especially when the guy in question pulled a gun and tried to run).
Do you think that being a drug-dealer is ever the only way to get by in life?
What is it, and where are you from?
And please, no looking at anyone else's answers or looking it up, first.
(Crossposted to my personal journal.)
( Collapse )
Even if you had sent them to someone online in the first place?
Would you try to get the FBI involved?
Are you a scene queen?
Do you have an undeserved amount of notoriety?
Is your name Audrey?
1. Where was your dad growing up? What did he do wrong? What did he do right?
2. Where was your mom growing up? What did she do wrong? What did she do right?
3. Do you like Sheryl Crow? Why/not?
4. How's about Matchbox 20?
On a related note, I have to admit that I enjoy my Enid Blyton with gollywogs and all - even if they frightened the heck out of me as a child, and still as an adult. Do you agree with revising old stories or do you think they should be kept as they are (leaving it up to the parent to decide whether the child reads them)?
regarding this article y/n?
right this second, don't even give it a second thought.. where do you want to be? why?
care to help me out in re: to this? you can provide a picture either via e-mail [firstname.lastname@example.org] or 'snail' mail me one.. whichever one is easiest for you. it doesn't have to be a polaroid, btw.
EDIT: What I want here is a link to the article. Kthx!
2. when you google your name [regular, not image], what kind of things come up?
3. were/are there any twins in your family?
4. what was/is the craziest, funniest, and/or stupidest rumor at your high school?
5. if you had the talents for both, would you choose to be a musician or actor/actress?
( Collapse )
Edit: Have you ever gotten a singer's gender wrong?
If so. What did you have for lunch today?!
I had manicotti from a really nice resturnat here, b/c the vice chancellor brought a bunch of us out who worked on a campaign.
2. If not, what makes you so special?
Pay-Pal Math Kid doesn't count!
I asked someone how to spell Sigourney and he told me, "With an S".
Then he turned around and asked where Myrtle Beach was and if it was near an ocean.
Then, I remembered an episode of Untold Stories of the ER, where they had a patient who had hiccups, constantly, for over a week. Even when sleeping! After trying several cures, they finally found one that worked... and it really does. Better than the water trick and everything!
What you do is take the first two fingers of each hand, and press right over (or on) the arch of the eyebrows until they go away. Yes, that simple.
1. Anyone know why that works?
2. What other techniques do you use to get rid of hiccups?
3. Are they effective?
My dream role is Tracy Turnblad in Hairspray...so, musical.
What should I do with the chicken?
What are they like? I suspect they don't work well in the car, but that's not really a big issue for me.
Anything else I should know? Does the transition effect become less sensitive over time?
Have you ever seen it?
What is your favorite color comination?
Mine is brown, green, and purple.
Do you know what a kaffiyah is?
2. Can you pass Jordan (Expert)?
3. What's your best score/accomplishment?
4. Least favorite song?
5. Song(s) you think should be in the next Guitar Hero installment?
6. What do you think of Neversoft producing the next Guitar Hero game?
7. Are you goin to/ participating in the Gamestop/ EB Games tournaments on February 3rd?
8. Do you play any other music games?
( Collapse )
I. Why does Scifi play such horrible movies (not always, but usually)? What was the worst? The best?
II. What song can you relate to the most?
III. Do you have any strange/gross food-related habits?
IV. What season are you the happiest? Saddest?
V. HAHA! What do you think of the "God Warrior"? (She's the lady on Trading Spouses that's notorious for having this huge fit and looking totally ridiculous.)
Thing is, I'm very protective of him. He's a few years younger than me & male. This, for me, automatically means over-protectiveness. I'm a mother hen with 'my boys'. It doesn't bother him, but I'm afraid if we move out together I'll get worse & piss him off.
So, to the question. Does anyone have any advice on how I can curb this?
Have any other women switched from Seasonale to Quasense? Did you notice any changes in side effects or your hormonal balances? Even if you've heard anyone talking about it. I'm supposed to switch to the new pills in less than a week and I don't want to switch if it's any different. Thanks!
If so, can you tell me about your experiences? Was it easier/more difficult than it was at age 18? Any issues you didn't see coming that you wish you had?
How difficult is it to deal with financial aid?
1) How often do you shower (or bathe)? Do you shower when you wake up? Or do you shower before you go to bed? Somewhere in between?
2) Overall, rate the cleanliness of your living space(s). 10 being Danny Tanner, 1 being something similar to a tornado.
3) Has anyone ever called you messy/a slob?
4) Is your stuff organized in a manner that anyone would be able to walk into a designated area and find something? (Ex: Blank paper in the home office, spatula in utensil drawer).
5) How often do you do the gross stuff no one likes to do, such as cleaning toilets and showers?
6) Are there any dirty dishes in your sink? Are there any other dirty dishes kicking around?
7) How old are you? Do you live at home with your parents, do you live in a dorm, do you live with roommates, etc?
I haven't been there in awhile because of what happened last time:
I think I was getting a cavity filled & when they gave me one of the shots, it sent like a big shock all up the side of my face ! It scared me a lot & made my eyes water..
2. So has this ever happened to you?
3. Have any ideas why that happened?
4. Does a cavity that looks really bad HAVE to hurt badly to need a root canal?
Two days? Three days?
ETA: I've never peed on anything interesting. What would you suggest I pee on?
2. Pulp or no pulp?
3. Do you think it's fucked up that they're having a party in Miami to celebrate when Fidel Castro dies?
2. No pulp
3. Yes. But a small part of me is also amused. But really, I can understand how people might celebrate it in their own right... but making the effort to plan a big ass party? That's just... wow.
2. What do you have planned for tonight?
3. If you were asked to post what userpics you recognize/think of when you think of TQC posters, which ones would come to mind?
( Collapse )
Simply Asia sesame teriyaki noodles, a bite of apple, and water. yum :\
FOR THE GENTLEMEN-- please select the locations into which you have jerked off directly
This has happened now with both liquid cover up and stick. What am I doing wrong?
EDIT: Thank you all very much! These are wonderful tips and suggestions that I plan to use in the future. Thanks again!
2. Suppose it's strictly oral/anal/masturbatory?
Yes. This has only happened to me once though, and it was at a store I generally dislike.
2. Do you like sloppy joes?
I like vegetarian ones.
3. When you make mashed potatoes from scratch, what do you put in them?
Milk, ricotta, mozzarella, cheddar, and salt & pepper.
4. What is your favorite pork product?
When I ate meat I loved super thinly slice ham. I haven't had it in so long though I'm not sure if I'd still like it.
Also, if you've thought this far ahead, which version are you planning on getting?
I have tried ebay. It's for a belated christmas present for a couple I know, but I can't find them anywhere!
I don't care if it's online (in america, preferbly not the UK or anywhere else) or somewhere I can go in person (i'm australian).
Any help is appreciated!
I don't think they have too many/too little. Each show has a different purpose. I do like L&O better because it's more law-biased. CSI is about the crime scene. (I don't want to find out how they got it, I just wanna see the guy prosecuted.)
Some of my friends have really spectacular layouts (that they didn't get from the offerings already available) and although I've been to a few layout communities, nothing really sparked my interest. So I've decided to create my own. Problem is, I am an HTML n00b. I can do basic things, like bold and italic and inserting links and so forth, but I am utterly clueless when it comes to layout codes. I've Googled, but I'd also like some opinions from you knowledgeable folks.
What I'd like to know is, where can I learn how to write the code to make my own LJ layouts? What's the best program or online tutorial? Thanks.
x-posted to ask_me_anything and thequestionclub
nicest of the celebrities you've met?
diet or regular soda?
the act of prescribing adult medications to children
using drugs to treat more then their intended use
Yes, Ive tried Google and dictionary.com
Cant find anything, and according to my professor, such a term does exist.
1. Non-US residents: do you ever feel completely overwhelmed and frustrated by the fact that the internet is dominated by Americans? Do you ever feel "left out" because you can't relate to their culture, or because you don't know the lingo? Does it wind you up to have to constantly point out where you're from when Americans don't feel the need to?
2. Non-English speakers: How do you feel about the fact that English is the unofficial language of the internet? Does it piss you off to have to translate everything into English for the purposes of LiveJournal, etc? Do you also visit online communities specifically for those who speak your language?
*is nervous about hitting 'post' button*
For example, I love books. Reading them is chill, but most of the ones I own I either bought 'cause they have a neat looking cover or they're really old (I love old books <3).
Anyway, now he's dating some new girl (that's 10 years younger than him) and I see that he's pulling the same crap on her that he pulled on me. I feel really bad for the girl because she's the same age as I was when he and I got together.
Now, I know the answer is gonna be, "Stay out of it. It's her life and her decision, what do you care?" because that's the right answer ... But should I say something to the girl? I mean, she and I aren't super friendly - he's only brought her around a few times - and, frankly, I'm not sure he even told her that he and I used to date. Part of me wants to give her a heads-up, but most of me wants to stay out of it.
What would you do, TQC?
Me: "I Love Lisa." "Bart, do you want to play John Wilkes Booth, or do you want to act like a maniac?"
- Stereo equipment
- Clothes not from a thrift store
- Toys for children
- More than one car, if any car at all
- Name brand shoes
2)What's your favorite thing to do at your job?
3)What was your last success in the kitchen?
2. If yes, where are you?
3. Have you ever seen this before? I never had and it's the freakiest-looking thing in the world.
4. Any suggestions on how to take a picture or is it impossible? (The ring isn't very bright compared the the moon.)
1. Where do you go to school?
2. What's the coolest class you have this semester?
3. What's your least favorite class?
4. When do you have classes?
5. What grade/level/class are you?
( Collapse )
Then I realized, holy hell - I have NO IDEA what I'm getting myself into. Sure, I'm super excited to meet them because I freaking love them, but I'm gonna make such a fool of myself. At least I'd be memorable, but that's not how I'd like to go out.
If you have attended a Meet & Greet -
1. What band was it for?
2. How old were you?
3. How many other people attended?
4. What exactly goes down at a Meet & Greet? Bonus points if you don't use the words "meet" and "greet" in your answer.
5. Funniest story from a meeting a band?
Do you like Sherlock Holmes? Favorite adventure?
Have you ever heard of Celtic Woman? What do you think of them?
Do people who pretend to be something they're absolutely not get on your last nerve? ex. Americans pretending to be British.
-Sorry, I have to answer this, but GOD YES. It drives me batty. >:(
there was this online game where you were a fish living in this tank and you ate and i remember at one point another fish named prego or preggers came and she kept popping out more fish.
what was the game called? i think it was something-quariam.
say that you go out to eat with three other friends. to make this unbiased, i will refer to everyone as letters.
person A's tab: $8.25
person B's tab: $8.75
person C's tab: $6.75
person D's tab: $9.00
person C always drinks water when they go out to eat becuase water is free and they don't drink enough of it anways. is it fair to ask everyone to just pay $10.00 evenly, for their food and leave the rest for a tip? or, should some people pay more, or less than others?
what are your ideal studying conditions?
what is your number one of all time, totally favorite movie? no ties!
I'm making a huge mix CD for a dance game I have and I've only come up with about 10 songs so far.
Do you think it should be called #1?
Where do you live?
What are you wearing?
What book are you currently reading?
What's on the TV?
( Collapse )