If you had a chance to talk to an expert climatologist about global warming, would you:
1. Ask about global warming itself - what causes it and what could be done,
2. or would you ask about their personal view on the issue and ask why they have that view?
Do you read while on the toilet?
If not, what do you think about?
1. Not usually, unless I know I'll be in a while
2. I look at the tile and think how it needs to be cleaned. Then I think back to what it was like building this bathroom in the 1940s.
So I went to my last winter formal last night. It was really fun, but at one point I ended up slipping on some ice (on the dance floor) and crashing down on my knee. I have a lovely bruise now. It hurt the rest of the night too...
Anyways, what's the worst thing that's ever happened to you at a school dance/event?
1. When you're at a concert, do you prefer for the band to focus on the crowd, or the other musicians in their band?
2. Of all the bands you've seen live (and by live, yeah, I also mean live DVDs and youtube), which band has the best stage banter?
3. Have you heard of the bands All That Remains or CKY? If so, which one do you think is the more popular band? The more 'talented'?
4. What's the longest you've waited in line for a concert?
5. What's one of the most interesting things you've seen happen just before, during, or just after a concer?
So um, I was bitten by a dog tonight. First time for everything, right? I've had a tetanus shot, and I'm pretty sure the dog was just scared, not rabid. Should I be worried? I'm a US student overseas, and a smidge nervous - seeing as I can't just walk into the ER here. Please, Dr.TQC, what shall I do?
ETA: yes, it broke the skin. Two little puncture marks, to be exact. I've washed it thoroughly and put antibiotic cream over the cut, plus a bandage.
ETA2 (i suck at details): It was someone's pet, for sure. I have American health insurance.
What is the difference between Bravo's shows Project Runway and Top Design?
Edit: Answered. I feel silly now :P
What's the most incorrect, out of this world completely wrong thing you've ever heard a teacher/professor say was true?
1. I was at a friend's today, and noticed a product claiming to be an "all natural" source to make one feel satisfied longer between meals. They are little packets resembling coffee creamer, and you are supposed to drink it or add to your meal. Reading the ingredients, it is an emulsion of palm oil and oat oil containing 250 calories per application, administered twice daily.
Is it just me, or does consuming 500 calories worth of palm oil seem like it will do more harm than eating a healthy meal or a small snack?
2. For Mac users:
I have a PowerBook G4 and use iPhoto to upload my pictures from my digital camera (Canon PowerShot something or other). Rather than just uploading to the iPhoto program, it also will categorize my pictures into these annoying little folders. Even if I delete photos from iPhoto, I can still find them in these annoying folders that I can't seem to get rid of.
Any idea to why it does that? Are there any other photo uploading programs I should look into?
3. What are some staple spices/sauces you always keep stocked?
This wonderful "Spicy All" seasoning blend
1. When you brush your teeth, do you usually use your right or left hand?
2. If you're eating something that just requires a fork, which hand do you usually use?
3. Throwing a ball, which hand are you better at?
4. What foot for kicking a ball?
5. Which hand do you write with?
for or against SB 861, the proposed law to "enact breed-specific ordinances pertaining to mandatory spay/neuter programs provided no specific breed is declared potentially dangerous or vicious." AKA get rid of pit bulls.
me: completely against.
So tonight, me and some friends went to Walmart around 12 or so to buy random snack foods. We were there about 45 minutes or so buying food and being silly. When my boyfriend and I were walking to the garage to open the door to get in the house, I realized something was amiss.
I had gone to the bathroom right before we left, but had evidently forgotten to zip and button my jeans before heading out the door.
I walked around Walmart, with six other people, for at least 45 minutes, and no one noticed my fly and button were completely undone.
That little moment of dumb inspired me to ask this of you all.
What is your most embarrassing story of forgetting to zip up your fly?
Hey everyone! I was formerly ___firehazard and finally used my rename token!
Have you guys who got free rename tokens changed your username? What was it before? If you haven't changed it yet, why not?
Heeeeey kids. I have a question:
Anyone know what program I can use to rip/convert/save videos from youtube, or any website for that matter?
Oh, and nothing I have to pay for!
After watching The Hunchback of Notre Dame today, I now have the Hellfire song that Frollo sings stuck in my head.
Does anyone have this song? Can I have it please?
I've searched up and down BitTorrent, but I haven't been able to find it. Argh.
Where did that icon of a Japanese Red Riding Hood and a raccoon with giant testicles come from?
What's your favourite Weird Al song? Mine is You're Pitiful.
I never thought I'd have to do this, but I need some advice on rehoming a cat. How do you do it? Specifically, THIS cat. He's always been mean, but he's gotten to be too much for us. He attacks everything and everyone unprovoked and he's very destructive. Who is going to want a cat you can't touch? We've tried various things, including kitty calming pheromones (Feliway). There aren't any no-kill shelters or cat rescues around here, although driving him four hours to where we're from, and there are no-kill shelters, is an option. He needs to be an outside kitty, but we can't provide that for him much longer.
Im trying to find a different singer of Bob Dylans song, "A Hard Rain" does anyone know who else has sung it?
1. Were you born early, on time, or late?
2. how much did you weigh?
1. 4 weeks late
2. 9lb 8oz
Does anyone remember The Golden Child starring Eddie Murphy from the 80's?
And was it not the best movie ever?
Some time ago, I heard that when a king hired a court jester, the jester would undergo surgery on his lips to give him a permanent grin.
Have you ever heard this?
Do you know if it is true?
Do you paint your nails? How often?
If they're painted now, what color?
I don't normally, since they're so easy to smear or smudge or generally mess up and that frustrates the life out of me... but I went ahead and painted them on Thursday night with little to no screw-ups. They're pink. :)
What's the first weird song lyric that comes to mind RIGHT NOW?
"May the horse be with you"
bonus pts if you know what song that's from.
Someone already got it !
1. For those of you with a Vcast compatible Verizon phone ( Who don't have/want Vcast ) Do you know the way to get around from downloading from them? I know there's a way, I just don't remember how. And I do have the sd memory card/stick thing.
2. Smokers! What kind of cigs do you smoke?
Answer: Marlboro Ultralight Menthol 100's. ( It's a heckuva mouthful )
How long do you give Mt. Rainier until it destroys everything within close range?
1. Do you have a hot water bottle? What do you use it for?
I warm up my sheets with it
2. Do you have any organization quirks that you feel people would mock you relentlessly for if discovered?
My underwear drawer is sorted by style and color of the knickers, everything is folded a particular way
3. For those in the UK:
Is a ghd hair straightener worth it?
4. What are you wearing today?
Black skinny jeans with a light oatmeal color sweater that has some nordic design around the neck in black, brown, and gray
Alcohol and technology are a great combination, right?
Anybody have some tales of woe that involved intoxication and text messages?
Would you like to shaare?
If you were to come into a lot of money very suddenly, what sort of house would you spend the money on?
(I'm talking a huge lottery win of at least a few million here)
My friends have decided I am an insane hippy because I would rather buy a nice sized house with a natural lake than a huge mansion with a swimming pool and I hope to prove I'm not the only one who would!
1) Can being around aggressive people enforce aggressive behavior that wasn't previously present in an individual?
2) What's the best thriller/horror film ever?
3) Popular song and film that you can't stand?
4) Most annoying LJ community?
5) If you could kill someone, anyone, with the guarantee that you would never be 'caught' or face consequences, would you do it?
6) Do you play The Sims? The Sims 2?
7) I'm incredibly vicious when it comes to defending my friends and other people but I have a lot of trouble doing the same for myself. What's my issue?
8) Water is delicious, right?
9) What's something other people do that really pisses you off?
10) Let's say, years after the fact, you run into someone who made your middle school/high school existence a living Hell. They ask you out on a date or try to flirt with you. What do you do?
If you have a step parent, how do you see them? As another parent? What if you only see them occasionally?
If you are a step parent, how do you see the kids?
I am about to have someone I have never met as a step parent to my kids. 8-10 months from now. She is already apparently talking like "These are my new kids". We aren't even divorced yet, and my kids don't know. My stb-ex lives in CA, I live in Arizona and we see each other -- twice a year -- some years. FOr the past 5 years. He doesn't have a regular visitation schedule but NOW he expects that to change in a year or so. He expects me to allow the kids to go see him because he will be with her, in an apartment.
Does anyone know of any anti-love or anti-Valentine's Day quotes?
If you could go back in time and change one thing, what would it be?
So why is it that some people just have the stupid so much that they can't understand correlation does NOT equal causation?
What's your biggest logical fallacy pet peeve?
What should you be doing right now?
Does being an Aussie mean you have to celebrate Australia Day? Is not celebrating it (or not wanting to) unAustralian?
Just for the Aussies now:
When was the last time you bought an item that was advertised at a price not including GST?
If you're single or in a new relationship and needed to ask for some relationship advice, would you be more likely to ask a fellow single friend, or a friend who is married/in a long-term relationship?
1. Are you friends with any of your exes?
2. How many exes do you have?
3. Have you ever broken anyone's heart?
4. Have you ever stayed much longer in a relationship than you should have? If so, why?
Yes, with my first girlfriend because I was too chicken shit to end it.
5. Do you think good breakup is an oxymoron?
No. I think it's entirely possible to have a good breakup although it doesn't seem to be the case with most breakups.
for you, when was the last time it came to fisticuffs
brief description plz
Could you reccomend a good brand that makes ankle socks (preferably a brand I could find at Target)?
Right now, on ABC Family, the movie "It" is playing. As in, the movie based of Stephen Kings' brilliant novel involving Tim Curry as a child killing clown.
1.) Does this seem odd to you?
2.) What is your favorite Stephen King book?
1.) I find it incredibly odd that a horror film (however badly written it is) is playing on the same network that Rudolph plays on during the holidays.
2.) "It" all the way, with "Carrie" at a close second.
Which Lois Lane is the most annoying - Margot Kidder or Teri Hatcher?
Does anyone know how to import photoshop brushes (.abr) into gimp? I only found one tutorial, and it must be done on a windows machine, and I am a ubuntu linux user.
Just wondering if anyone would know.
Inspired by an earlier post on this subject...again for the girls..
Waxing down there | is such a hassle, but I hear that shaving gives you rashes?
What do you use to keep it looking pretty? Any type/make of razor/hair removal creame etc you'd reccomend?
I am currently (typically) a night-showerer. I shower at night so I don't have to blow dry my hair.
1. What are the advantages to showering in the morning?
2. Are you a night-showerer or a morning-showerer?
a) Are you male or female?
b) Why do you shower when you shower?
does anyone really hate the beatles?
What current/recent fashion trend do you despise, if any?
I can't stand the pointy toed shoe trend, the thick belt over the blouse, and pants tucked into boots. Tights or stockings into boots is OK.
What brand of toothpick do you recommend?
ETA: So I called the most boring person on the face of the planet, Jonathon. I asked him if he wanted to go see Black Christmas with me. He, of course said "NO! REMEMBER MY MEDICAL CONDITION!?!?" And I said, "...No...what is it?"
It turns out that he does, in fact, have a strong fear of blood and gore. He also is prone to nightmares that make him wet the bed. Also, during the movie, he apparentally gets so startled that he screams, and it can turn uncontrollable.
Oh, and curiosity is a bitch, because now I have to go see Dreamgirls with him. His suggestion.
So, let's say you were going to go on a date with this guy.
You decide to go to the movies. He asks what you want to see, and you say, "Oh! I REALLY want to see Saw 3."
He gives you a look and says, "I can't see that."
When asked why, he says, "I have a medical condition, and I can't watch horror movies."
What the fuck would that medical condition be?
I'm leaning towards bed-wetting, but your input would be GREAT!
Now, for a few more:
1. When was the last time you really, really just wanted your mommy//daddy? Why?
2. Is flavored water tasty or for loozers?
3. When was the last time you took a bath?
4. What's your favorite CD? It can be one you burned, but say what's on it.
5. When was the last time you threw up, and it wasn't from alcohol?
1. Everytime I'm sick. Today, I was lying in bed and I just really wished my mommy was there. Even though I'm a big girl, I still need her sometimes.
2. For loozers.
3. A long time ago. Showers > baths.
4. Taylor Swift - Taylor Swift.
5. A few weeks ago. Hella stomach flu. Unfortunate.
what are your plans for tonight?
This is going to be a weird question that likely no one will know, but I thought I'd ask anyway, just in case.
I found a really cute pair of porcelain birds on eBay I'd like to use as cake toppers (for my wedding cake).
Odds are they're antiques.
Would there be any reason why antique porcelain wouldn't be good to put on something guests will consume?
I'll obviously wash them, but with what? Will soap and water do? Something stronger?
I know this sounds stupid, but I'm stumped (as is my fiance).
First, I have sensitive skin, so I'm assuming this is at least part of my problem.
Occasionally, I will get a bit of an itch on my scalp. It's usually at the nape of my neck, or at the top of the back of my head. I will itch the itch, and i'm just talking a little scratch, nothing intense. Almost immediatly after it will become seeping and in the morning when i get up I will have a pretty decent scab on my scalp.
What on earth is causing this?
1. What is your favorite product that is no longer available? Do you know why it's no longer made?
Lays Guacamole chips.
2. Do you remember Lays Cool Guacamole Chips? Did you like them?
Yes, they were fabulous.
3. Do you know why they stopped making them?
Google didn't turn up much, and they aren't even mentioned in the Lays wiki entry.
4. Do you know of a similar product?
No, I hope someone does.
so, where were your underwear made?
I don't really care for Stephen King.
Am I alone in this?
He had one or two books I enjoyed, but the rest were just kinda... Eh.
EDIT: Additional Question!
Who is your favorite author?
What are some good ways to make money as a one time thing other than donating plasma? I don't need a job or a steady source of income, I just want a few one-time things.
Who is disappointed that the sequel to 'Freddy vs. Jason' won't be 'Freddy vs. Jason vs. Ash'?
Do you like ramen noodle?
What's your favorite flavor?
Do you always cook it, or just eat it dry?
Is it unhealthy to eat it without cooking it?
Do you have any plans for tonight, besides reading TQC posts?
I'm eating it plain right now, because I am so lazy that I don't want to boil water.
I don't think so.
I Love New York is probably going to be on, so I plan on watching that.
For those of you who have seen Pan's Labyrinth and liked it, why did you like it?
Can you cite specific things about the movie that made it worthy of all of the hype?
Did guys watch "My So-Called Life" or was it mainly a show that girls watched? I can't remember... man am I getting old.
What's your favorite usage of an obscure word in a song? Mine is probably "stultify" in "It's Over" by Lisa Loeb.
What is the BEST concert you have ever been TO? (geez sorry for the typo)
Without a doubt deffinately DEPECHE MODE!!!!"Touring The Angel"
I Even took a week of leave just to fly back to cali to see them in concert <333
I know none of you know me, so I'm not expecting to take the advice I get too seriously, but I need some suggestions that I could look into.
I'm currently in culinary school majoring in Culinary Management. I hate my school because I'm forced to sit in classes with people who don't even know where Iraq is or what Communism is. I want to drop out, but my dad won't let me unless I have a plan for my life. I currently have no clue what I'd do if I didn't go to school. I don't want to be a chef anymore. I want to help underprivileged people.
So my question is what is a possible career for someone without a college degree that doesn't involve sitting in an office all day?
1. Have you ever been cast in a production of The Oresteia (or any of the three parts of it? Agamemnon, Libation Bearers, and Eumenides)?
2. What part were you?
3. Did you enjoy it?
I was in the Furies chorus in Eumenides last semester.
I need your guys' visual memory =)
Maybe about ten years ago, U2 had a song I was in love with(I was seven haha). Anyways, I can't remember for the life of me what the song was called. I just remember from the music video(cuz all seven-year-olds watched VH1 at the time you know) that Bono was riding in this carriage thing singing to the camera. Of course he had some funky sunglasses on and looked really young. Any idea what song it is?
Thanks so much =)
EDIT: Already solved =D AND I got the video, haha yessss Thanks so much
does it hurt more: hurting the ones you love, or the ones you're in love with?
1. I bought something on eBay, and got a message from the seller today saying that he'd sent it to my old address, and it had been sent back to him. After much "WTF?"-ing, I double checked my addresses in my account. They showed up as current, so I was baffled. I clicked on edit, just to make sure, and DESPITE telling me that my billing and shipping address was my current address, they had my old one listed.
Now he wants me to pay shipping again. WTF? This isn't my fault, it's eBay's. I shot them a nasty email. Do you think I should suck it up and pay the shipping, or demand that they do?
2. A lighter note--I'm going to a basketball game at my college for the first time this year (because I quit my job of putting the basketball games on the radio, heh). I'm planning on making a sign because the game is going to be on ESPN2. I've got one idea for the sign, but I'm kinda iffy on it.
Panthers (team mascot)
2 take the Valley (Missouri Valley Conference, school's athletic conference)
I like it and I kinda don't. So do any of you have any other better ideas? Have you done something like that before?
What songs would you consider uplifting? You can interpret that however you want. (Bonus points for yousendit links)
Have you ever broken a law specifically because you thought that law was morally wrong? What was it, and why?
Have you ever been arrested, fined, or been to jail because of an act of civil disobedience or political protest?
in the state of new york is it illegal for someone under the age 0f 21 to have:
-an open bottle of alcohol in the car
-an open bottle of alcohol in their trunk
-a closed bottle of liquor in the car/trunk
what about for someone over the age of 21?
I'm looking for a name to sell my stuff under. I have one in mind, but I googled it and there happens to be a tattoo parlor by the same-ish name. Theirs is "Diving Swallow Tattoo" or something, and I want mine to be "Diving Swallow Designs".
Would it be illegal for me to use that name, or would it not be because they are different in nature?
So I worked out the hard way why I should never drink Rum again. After smashing a glass, nearly beating the shit out of my best friend & then near breaking my hand punching the couch instead, I realised that hey maybe Rum makes me psycho.
Are there any drinks that you cannot drink? Whether they make you act like a different person or just make you sick?
Do you call attractive people of the opposite (or same) sex... "yummy"?
Why on earth do you do that?
It's a rainy Saturday night, so I ditched all plans for some college-style partying and am instead prepared for a night of eating cup-o-noodles and snuggling with the boyfriend.
What's your favorite thing to do on a rainy day?
Does anyone have or know where i can find a COMPLETE collection of music from the movie Empire Records. I have the soundtrack already, but naturally movie people hate us and never provide all the tracks played in the film. It needs to be like, free download - i guess in a zip file?