January 21st, 2007
There is someone I've been seeing someone, an exgirlfriend of mine, for the past month. She is more of an opposite of me; I prefer being out of the house but she likes/prefers being in the house. I would like to be able to take her out on a date (go out for dinner, go see a movie, ect.), but the problem is she has a 6month old daughter (who isn't my child). How can her and I be able to go out on a date while she has her daughter around? It seems her only babysitter is her mother and some friend of hers, and it will be a miracle if she can get a babysitter to watch her daughter. She doesn't want to bring her daughter along because she has no idea how her daughter will react. Plus, she has noticed I've been feeling sad/upset around her but I don't have any idea how to tell her how I feel. It has never been easy for me to talk to people about my feelings. Does anyone have any suggestions how I could "break the ice" (make the move) to tell her? Also, what makes talking to a therapyst is gonna be any easier for me? Ever since what happened to me in the past, I have been nervous (if not scared) to talk to anyone about how I feel. How should I approach this situation?
Pick amongst the remains of Blink 182.
x posted to combat_zone
( Collapse )
EDIT (for more interesting responses): Which STDs have you had? Where was the coolest place you contracted one?
Aimed for males or females, 18+.
Aaaaaaaaand... go! :D
(Yes, inspired by a post in another comm, if you figure me out, go you ;P)
Edit: I mean in book-form! Whoopsie.
my firefox wasn't loading links so i closed it. when i opened it back up, it asked which profile i wanted to use. it wouldn't let me click "default." so i made a random new profile, but of course that doesn't have anything stored on this computer: my toolbar shortcuts, some rather important bookmarks, any of my passwords or search history. some obviously more important than other facets.
on the firefox help site, it tells me to run firefox.exe -profilemanager. that doesn't work. how do i switch profiles back to my original?
how do i rememdy this situation? urgggent.
In the same vein, I need to find a navy cardigan for work. Any suggestions on where to get one? Also, uniform shorts? I don't want ones with pleats, because my hips don't need any help looking bigger. Thoughts?
And completely unrelated, but are you looking forward to The Dresden Files on SciFi?
Do you think he has a chance?
How do you think he compares to the other hopefuls?
what men do you kiss?
(regular greeting, merry fuckin christmas, thanks for the birthday present, whtver)
if the answer is none, i'd like to know that as well
I need the full text of two articles that have become 'pay to read' since they were first posted.
Edit@ 11:17am: Thanx to misfit for rifling her school's date base. And also to hllokttysflute for pointing out that I should Google Title and Author [my 'D'oh!' moment] which led me to a seventh article in the series.
So, I ask you: what is your favorite blender recipe? Smoothies would be good, or anything interesting...
Some of the ones that we have seen have permenant press cycles, and others don't. Why not?
(I know it doens't matter because north and south are opposites but I need to know the difference when using the compass.)
I'd like something that can get me to work and to the grocery store. My job is about 6 miles away, the grocery store is about 4 miles away. The area I live in isn't particularly suitable for walking or bicycling.
I used to ride dirtbikes in my youth and also ride on the back of my father's Harley. So motorcycles are something I'm comfortable with.
I'm female, about 5'3" and 170 lbs, stronger than the average woman but not She-Ra by any means unfortunately!
Ideas/advice on an appropriate vehicle for me?
Do you offer this deal if you're the Falcons? If you're the Raiders, do you accept it?
crossposted to nflfans
We're ordering pizzas, but I want to do more than that. Any suggestions for cheap and easy snacks and drinks (I mean really cheap!)? Doesn't have to be anything fancy; we're just a bunch of college students getting together to drink cheap wine and watch bad movies.
There will be one vegetarian, one person who eats no meat but seafood, and one person who doesn't eat pork. I have access to pretty much any and all kitchen equipment, including two crockpots - a 5qt and a 1.5qt.
I usually just do veggies and dip for parties, but I'm looking for something a little different.
2. If you believe in ghosts, why do you?
3. If you were once a skeptic and then decided you believe in ghosts, what made you change your mind?
4a. Have you seen The Woman in Black? What did you think of it?
4b. That movie supposedly has the scariest moment aired on TV. What's your scariest movie moment?
5. Which scares you the most (if any): psychological terror, serial killers, realistic violence, or purely supernatural tales?
Mine is Sims2... but i'm kinda bored of it so I'm looking for a new one... :D
I don't like Fall Out Boy. Well, not their NEW stuff. Only their OLD SCHOOL stuff.
(I am confused about how a band that is a mere couple years old can have old school anything. o_O Unless you're five years old, and hearin stuff from your infancy gets you all nostalgic?)
2- Do you generally skip over what people have to say, if they use 'text talk', all caps/lowercase letters, or "forget" to use letters to complete words? (See: "u" "r" "b4", etc.)
3- Do you ever post an answer here and expect comments to it?
4- Does this post make it sound like I'm making fun of people? I'm not, I'm really curious about strange people. Saying strange in the nicest way possible. I must be strange myself, to even wonder these things. ;)
ETA LOL :P spytime
I would probably vote for Barack Obama in the 2008 Pres. election.
I would probably vote for Hillary Clinton in the 2008 Pres. election.
I couldn't vote for a Presidential candidate who....
If I could choose, I'd like the next US President to be:
*and by legislature, I meant legislation. heh.
I once received a bill for over $1500.00 when my cellphone company accidentally stripped all features like free nights and weekends from my calling plan. It took four months and letters to the FCC, BBB, and my state's attorney general to get them to actually fix it and stop shutting off my service every other day for my failure to pay that massive amount.
2. I have just been sucked in by a Netflix special offer, since I've been able to tolerate some movies and TV shows lately (I hated watching anything for five or six years.) What would you say I absolutely have to see?
What songs do you know of with kids singing in the background? Sad, happy, nostalgic, whatever. Language doesn't matter, either.
Are there any elements of songs (for lack of a better word) like that you particularly enjoy?
What do you do online when you're bored? Links?
You are 17 , he is 18 ,and you sister is 19.
So what do you do?
A- Not care if he sees you and still wear your pjs and such. (could be awkward...)
B- Change into some jeans/sweatpants and a t shirt... (comfy and casual.)
C- Just avoid them and stay in your room (but thats no fun!)
ETA: I guess I need to give some more info! Sorry. Yes, I'm looking for my own doman as well. I mostly just want to use the space for storage of files, so it wouldn't be anything fancy, but I would like a significant amount of space.
Do you think that people are going to vote for Hillary Clinton just because she's a woman?
If you were in either one of their situations, would you make the statement 'don't vote for me just because I'm black/a woman'?
Would you be upset to get a job based on the color of your skin or your gender?
I am selling an item to someone and he wants to pay through Alert Pay. What's the difference between Alert Pay and PayPal? Which one is the most secure? Anything you know about Alert Pay, please tell me.
What should I do to celebrate?
I am considering getting screen printing supplies. Does anyone know a good place to buy the equipment I need other than ebay? It seems like a fun thing to do in spare time. and I have a million ideas for shirts. If you could have a shirt that said anything on it, what would it say?
i need suggestions of good books.
some books i've read &loved:
a million little pieces x james frey
my friend leonard x james frey [even if they weren't all true]
revolution on canvas... x rich balling
sex, drugs &cocoa puffs x chuck klosterman
prozac nation x elizabeth wurtzel
lots of the chicken soup books
girls night in x various authors
&on my list of books to read are:
perks of being a wallflower x stephen chbosky
killing yourself to live x chuck klosterman
pieces x stephen chbosky
girl, interrupted x susanna kaysen
the virgin suicides x jeffrey eugenides
nothing feels good... x andy greenwald
so if you guys know of any books similar to those that you think i might like, lemme know!
or if you have opinions on the list of ones i plan to read good/bad, lemme know that too.
ps. i'm not really looking for a discussion about how bad my taste in reading material is, if you happen to disagree with it. please &thanks.
How do you define conception? If it's sperm meets egg, than embroyos have been "conceived," right?
Do you really, honestly think that frozen embryos have souls and that sort of thing? Is tossing out a petri dish of embryos a form of mass murder?
I would love to hear a real answer because this boggles my mind. Even when I considered myself pro-life I couldn't wrap my brain around it.
2. What musician or band do you most associate with New York City? They don't have to be from there, just which one you think of first. Any reason why?
3. What musician or band do you most associate with Philadelphia? They don't have to be from there, just which one you think of first. Any reason why?
4. What musician or band do you most associate with Washington D.C.? They don't have to be from there, just which one you think of first. Any reason why?
5. Where did you grow up? What musician or band do you most associate with that place?
( Collapse )
Or song lyric if you prefer?
Karl Kemp, owner of the posh Karl Kemp & Associates Antiques, Ltd. on Madison Avenue, sued three men and a woman for $1 million (506,807 pounds) earlier this month, alleging they scare away customers when they drink alcohol, urinate and warm themselves above a heating duct in front of his shop.
Kemp's suit, filed in state Supreme Court, also seeks an order to keep them 100 feet (30 metres) away.
What do you think about this?
I can see wanting to keep them 100 feet away, but what the hell is the point of suing homeless people for $1 million?? They're not going even going to have the money to pay for a lawyer!
2) what are the scars that are seen all over "Delicious'" body?
are they even scars?. do you know? what do you think they are
Im sure most of you dont care, but I live in New England, so this is a big deal. =]
-Tom Brady is better at life. End of story.
2. How much do you think your infancy effects your adult life?
For example, someone the other day told me that if I didnt let me baby cry himself to sleep, he wouldnt be able to fall asleep by himself when hes an adult. I just smiled and nodded. I dont agree at all, my mom let me cry it out, and I still need help falling asleep (noise of the tv usually) I dont know about other things though, like my mom put me on my tummy to sleep and thats how I still sleep..
3. Do you shave (legs, face, arms, whatever it is your gender generally shaves) because you want to or because you feel you have to? If you dont shave, when did you stop and did any one try to pressure you into shaving again?
-I shave because I want to. Although if Im single or its winter, I slack and only shave every once n a while. I did recently find communities on lj dedicated to people who dont shave, and I thought it was interesting.
4. Does it snow where you live?
Would you rather live in a place where it rained all the time or was always snowing?
-Yes it does, and I would pick rain definitely.
5. Do you recycle?
-Yup :) And I remember living in CT, no one recycled and I did it purely out of habit. My room mates always threw out my box of milk cartons and tin cans and cereal boxes if they took out the trash. I wanted to cry.
He's always been kind of backwards and had a fucked up way of saying things, but he logged off before I could respond to him (I was away from the computer when he IM'd me) and from previous contact, I know it could be months before I hear from him again. Do you think he was joking, trying to piss me off, or just bragging?
( Collapse )
So, does anyone know what yield and base mean in this context? If the yield is how many bushels per acre, is that set in stone, or can things be done to increase it (like fertizillers and crop rotation)? Also, it mentions that the soil has a csr of
2. It's a typical Saturday night. What are you doing?
3. It's a typical Sunday night. What are you doing?
4. Have you ever yelled "I hate you" at someone and truly meant it? Why/who?
2. Do you have a member of the gender you are not attracted to who you would totally make an exception for (sorry, bi people)? I consider myself straight, but given the opportunity, I would make an exception for Angelina Jolie. Damn, that woman's hot.
1) You find a time machine!
As you read the handy user's manual, you find that the machine enables you to go back in time and relive your life with all the knowledge you have today. However, there is one catch. For whatever reason, you cannot change more than a certain amount of events, or the machine overheats and you cease to exist. There is no way to know exactly how much is too much, or how much strain each event will put on the machine.
Do you use it?
2) You are offered ten million dollars, but only if you agree to have a vasectomy/tubal ligation.
Do you go through with it?
3) What is the worst movie you have ever seen?
I'm cleaning up right now, so I'm pretty much posting these questions for entertainment.
EDIT: Changed hysterectomy to tubal ligation after it was brought to my attention that a hysterectomy and a vasectomy aren't exactly comparable.
Been lurking here since TQC was on Spotlight, I love this place & the randomness of all the questions :D Currently have a question of my own, & thanks in advance for all opinions! Anyways, (at the risk of sounding REALLY STUPID HAHA),
1. Is it advisable to listen to music whilst trying to study? As in, do you think it helps you concentrate on studying or does it um, further distract you from studying? (am looking for a personal opinion and not a model answer here!)
(if it helps your opinions in one way or the other, the human mind is supposed to multi-task 7 different things @ any given time, says my Choir conductress hahahahaha)
2a. If you don't listen to music when you study, why don't you?
2b. If you do listen to music when you study, what type?
I hope I didn't sound stupid but still if I did, just um satisfy my curiosity thanks hahaha :D)
for me, it's these:
1. junior senior - take my time
2. david bowie - rebel, rebel
3. beirut - prenzlauerberg
4. the knife - marble house
5. robots in disguise - argument
Last Wednesday, I had my wisdom teeth out, under general anesthesia. My face was numb, obviously, and while my tongue regained feeling only a few hours after the procedure, my lower lip and chin are still numb. The area is tingling, so I'm not super concerned, and the numbness has been lessening, but very, very slowly.
Is there anything I can do to speed up feeling in my face, other than keeping it moving?
At what point should I call the surgeon if feeling still isn't coming back?
...but as I said, I know two.
( Collapse )
Do you know any Jesus jokes?
Anyway, it arrived a few moments ago with no cheese on it whatsoever. It is literally just tomato sauce slapped on dough... with a few chunks of pepperoni thrown on. Extra cheese, my pale, British ass!
So, whilst I wait for my 2nd pizza to arrive, I ask the question:
What's the strangest (or most obvious) ingredient a restaurant or delivery place has left off an order or out of a meal?
But I have NO idea how to pronounce the name! Is it like "Takens" (with a long a), or "Tawkens"? Or "Tackens?"
To put it on YouTube, it's usual to convert it to MPEG4, right? And that should compress it? Edit: Someone just told me they just upload the WMV file, so maybe this whole question is unnecessary.
At the moment I have a 1 minute or so file that's 1.5 MB in WMV. I used a conversion program I found to turn it into MPEG4, and that made it 4MB. So, something's wrong.
What's a good, easy, free, adware-free program to convert from WMV to MPEG4?
Or, is there something else I should be doing? What file size should a 1 minute video on YouTube be, roughly?
2 - What do you consider "light" reading? "Heavy" reading? Examples are always good!
3 - Do you drink tea? If so, what's your favorite kind? Do you put anything in it? Hot or iced?
4 - What are some things you love to buy, even if you already have enough?
Office supplies! Like binders, notebooks, pens, pencils, scissors, etc.
5 - What's something you consistently lose?
Tweezers. I've lost about 3 or 4 in the last year and a half.
6 - My brother trashed my apartment while I was out of town so I've been contemplating having a cleaning service come and clean the place up. Is it odd that I feel like I should clean before the maid comes?
2. How long into your relationship was it before you had the "where is this relationship going" talk? (aka what kind of future does this relationship have, marriage? etc.)
This has been going on too long. Advice is greatly appreciated.
How do I get music if I just want one song, and not the whole CD?
Anyone care to educate an idiot?
1. What was the first Broadway* show you ever saw?
*actually on Broadway
2. How old were you?
3. If you haven't seen one, why not?
4. What's your favorite musical?
5. What movie do you think would make a good musical?
6. What do you think about this show? Will you see it?
7. Did you watch the Scrubs musical? What did you think?
I have a tendency to eat well and work out a lot during the week. but when the weekend comes I fall away from that and end up eating junk.
1. Am I just killing everything I did during the week? Or are two days not going to matter much?
2. Who do you want to be with at this exact minute?
I wanna be with my Jeck....who had to go back to college in NYC yesterday =[
If no, would you?
Do you think they will show footage from the sting ray incident?
thanks for your help ♥
b. have you seen the green mile? what did you think of it? did you cry?
i personally cried right from the first guy they executed right until about 10 minutes after the end. it was the saddest film i have ever seen, maybe tied with hotel rwanda.
What's the most recent/coolest Polaroid picture of yourself (or one that you've taken and just looks nifty)?
Mine under the cut.
( Collapse )
ps: it doesn't have to be polaroid. the secret is i used that as a big big excuse to post a picture of myself.
It looks like some sort of stand?
2. Inspired by this whole thing. Do you find genitals attractive?
Do you know what my icon is referencing? If so, do you think the animations are funny?
In the same line of questioning...are you way freakin' excited about HP and the Deathly Hallows like I am?
Can you reccommend me some LJ communities to interest me?
[I'm interested in martial arts, reading, drawing, designing, travelling, thinking, shopping, driving, the UK, depression, self-harm, weightloss, sport, meeting people my age, writing, photography, psychology....etc
I'm not interested in web comics, computer games, fashion, tomatoes etc..]
[ETA: I am aware of the community search facility, but I'd just like to see some communities that people would reccommend, not just what there is out there.]
2. When at a restaurant, do you always tip, or does it depend on something?
3. Let's say you go to McDonald's (EDIT: or another restaurant) at 9:30 pm. You order a BigMac (EDIT: or the equivalent), and it's clearly not fresh. It's dry, and kind of hard, and it just doesn't taste very good at all. What do you do?
2. Stupid makeup question from someone who rarely wears makeup: How does one go about applying bronzer? Is it applied only to the cheek area?
If yes, how often
Have you ever broken up with someone and honestly wanted to remain friends? Did it work? Why or why not?
( Collapse )
2. I am unable to view youtube videos. I can see them fine if they are imbedded in a post/blog/whatever, but if there's just a link I can't watch them. I click the link and
TIA, I'm just getting extremly frustrated.
A few things I know:
1) She's in love with him. Like, a lot. It's sickening.
2) He feels sorry for her because she's had a hard life and needs to get out of massive debt.
3) I find this disgusting. I don't care either way about marriage, but I find this act repulsive for the fact that I think it's psychologically abusive to her, and emotionally damaging to both. And it's just a stupid fucking idea.
Anyone know some people like this? Are you like this?
Know anyone who got married for stupid reasons?
Thoughts, Ideas, Etc, very welcome.
All the fucking time, especially this weekend. I really don't know why, asking me for directions is almost always like the blind leading the blind. I think maybe I look really approachable or something and that's why they ask.
2. When you are going to ask a stranger for directions, is there a certain type of person you prefer to ask? If so, describe them.
I usually like to ask people my age or older, that look friendly and approachable.
3. Do I look like someone you would ask for directions? If so, why?
What would you think if he pricked his finger and tested his blood sugar at the table?
What books have changed your life? What was so great about it?
What is something that your job requires you to do even though it looks/sounds lame?
No movies yet. I'm looking for some good ones.
Tuesdays With Morrie changed my life. It just makes you realize how sucky life can be but you have to work through it and make the most of it.
Office Depot has this thing called the Fanatical Customer Service Representative. We have to go "give the customers what they want and then do a little extra to win their hearts forever." Ultimate cheese.
How do you go about making friends your own age??
(Try to be specific guys! Don't just say "join clubs")
1. If you ingest caffeinated drinks, how much daily and what kind (soda pop, coffee, tea)?
2. Why do you drink these drinks, studying late, working late, just like the buzz, it mellows you out etc.?
3. What thing(s) does caffeine make you think about, that are not literal? Meaning, what are the implications of caffeine on society? Edit: For clarification, I'm wondering about the associations you can make with caffeine that are more than just 'coffee'.
2. If so, does it surprise you to know that she was disheartened by this critique?
3. For you, what is the line between artistic nudes and still pornography?
my answer: when they do the whole action surrounded by * symbols. i don't know why but it picks me!
2. About how many people in TQC actually know your real first name?
3. How about on your friends list?
4. What is your name?
That's not the point. The point is that I have roughly 5 quid to my name and I'm not about to ask my parents for money (again).
I have about $80 in U.S currency, would an exchange bureau exchange such a small amount for me?
I know the exchange rate is not great, but I'm terrified of having absolutely no money, I just need about 20 quid in case something comes up. I didn't know if they exchanged smaller amounts or not? I'd rather ask here than go there and inevitably make an awkward fool of myself.
2. Any other international students here experience problems with setting up an account? Even if the bank account is specifically for an international student?
3. What are somethings you feel guilty about? Seemingly trivial things at that:
I was crabby tonight to my boyfriend and yet he remained so sweet. Yesterday I lied to my mom and said I may not be able to make it to my cousin's wedding, and she started going on about how she understands and how proud everyone is of me. ::face to palm::
Do you think you have it, or have ever had it?
Ever had a prophetic dream?
What's your guilty pleasure in music? Like the music you change immediately if someone walks in the room or wants to see what you're listening to on your iPod?