January 20th, 2007
2.) Does anyone live in the Colorado Springs area? If yes, is it nice out there? I'm thinking about transplanting myself, and I really like the idea of Colorado, for some reason.
3.) How safe is craigslist.org to use? I've never used it before, and I see that it's got like apartments for let and stuff like that, and I was just wondering if its safe to use it or if it would be better to go about finding a place to live through more traditional means?
Where and why do you draw the line between what sexual attractions are natural and morally acceptable, and which are not?
For anyone that uses FLICKR, is there a way to post an entire set to your blog? Because I know that there is the "post to blog" button on each individual photo, but I need to put five photos into one livejournal entry...
Secondly, for anyone at all familiar with New York City, I know there is a bookstore here that claims to be "the biggest" and I know that it's found on Fifth Ave somewhere and is (or at least used to be) acclaimed for its children's section/ storytime readings they did. Any idea of the name? It's definately not The Strand...
Thanks a bunch.
2. If no, do you want to?
3. If yes, which cruise line?
4. Where did you go?
5. What was your favorite part?
6. Least favorite part?
7. Would you go on that same cruise again?
8. Anything else you want to say?
My answers are in the comments.
We don't get much wildlife other than racoons...
My sister saw this bird today.
Does anyone have any idea what type of bird it is?
( Collapse )
Ok, let's say you're in a public place like a restaurant or a club. What would you do if you were with your significant other, and they tripped & fell in front of a lot of people? They don't get hurt though (just humiliated). Do you help them up? Do youu laugh? Do you pretend not to notice? Do you get embarassed? Personally, I NEVER laugh when people trip or fall.
( Collapse )
What the hell is wrong with my eyes?
1. What time is it right now?
2. Where do you live?
3. If it's late - why are you up?
4. What should I change my username to? I still have a free rename token and I'm sick of this one.
5. What games are fun to play when bored? (preferably ones that are free and don't include crazy downloading)
2. Do you ever completely forget about responding to e-mails?
3. How do you sign the e-mails that you send to friends?
How do you pronounce "cocteau"?
Do you pronounce it any of those ways?
My name is Magdalena, after Mary Magdalene, and I'd like to find some good books on her - but preferably NOT "WHOMG DA VINCI BABIES WHORE" books, but rather the information available, etc. I don't mind if they address some of the themes brought up in the Da Vinci code, but I'd rather not have a knock-off of it.
Does anyone have any suggestions for good books to start with?
So all you die hard abortion-happy folks out there - curious about something.
Maybe I'm wrong here - but how is it that the same people who are all about abortion are the same people that are downright disgusted by a few cigarettes smoked while pregnant? (I'm hoping I'm wrong here...or maybe I'm just missing something...)
*EDIT* When I say "DIE HARD ABORTION HAPPY FOLKS" I am not talking about pro-choice. I meant what the words say.
Are you pro-life or pro-choice? What are your reasons?
For my English class, four of us are basically working on a paper together, but it's not really a paper. We have to do a debate about some kind of issue. Two of us pro- this topic, and two of us against it. So my question is...
Do you believe in life on other planets?
I do, but I have to argue that I don't during this debate. That's something I'm just not able to do.
Does anyone know any good sites with good arguments for against life on other planets?
2. Have you ever moved in as a roommate with a family? The place I'm going to look at tonight is for the bottom half of this woman's house who lives with her teenage son. There is no kitchen downstairs though so it really would be more like a roommate situation than a separate living space. What were your experiences?
I've been to court once - a speeding violation. Does traffic court count as a criminal proceeding?
EDIT: Answered! Thanks! :-)
How can you tell a person isn't confident in bed?
What do you suggest a person do to become more confident in bed?
In your area, are there any older rock songs that seem to be forever in rotation?
Around here for some reason, in between the Pussycat Dolls, Usher and Gwen Stefani, they always find time to play You Shook Me All Night Long, Livin On A Prayer, and Pour Some Sugar On Me
2. ever clogged a toilet other than your own? what did you do?
1. What's your hangover cure?
2. I've acquired a bottle of vodka for tonight's partying, what are some good mixers? Besides the usual things (Red Bull, Cosmo Mix, soda, etc).
( Collapse )
2. If for some reason you can't recommend the F30, can you suggest another camera model (it doesn't have to be another Fuji) that would suit my needs?
2. What if it were men wearing these shirts?
2. What's the most expensive thing you own (not including things that haven't been paid off yet like a house or a car)?
3. Do you like talking on the phone? How much time do you spend on the phone in one day?
1. has it snowed where you are?
2. how much has fallen in total?
3. do you like the snow?
2. 25+ inches
3. it's nice in small amounts
Drink underage, occasionally smoke pot, when I'm driving, I speed.
When was the last time you had sex?
What are you doing right now?
Waiting for my boyfriend to come home from band practice.
If someone says "I will eat my hat", does that imply the whole hat, or just a significant portion?
Additionally, what would be the best way to prepare a hat for consumption? The hat in question is a cotton baseball cap type of hat with only one metal part (a small buckle.)
Would you vote for her?
Do you think Bill will try to get "special services" being the first man? ie:will he try to get a blowjob from one of the interns???
Is that what he would be called? The First Man?
Are you right wing or left? Dem or rep?
Pop n Fresh or The Pillsbury Dough Boy?
I have asked a lot of my friends and apparantly I am the only one who hears the sound as a hundred voices all talking at the same time whereas they just hear one 'big voice'.
Do you pick your nose in public?
Also, does anyone know of any good bag making tutorials?
recently i watched lost and delirious, better than chocolate, but i'm a cheerleader, imagine you and me, and bound, and i wanted to continue the marathon.
edit: hahaha. oh man.
1- Have you ever been commited, or at least have someone seriously threaten to commit you?
2- What would it take for you to attempt to force someone into being commited?
3- If you could choose any one group of people in the world, who would you see locked away in padded cells until their genes left the genepool? (I mean like, every pop star, or... sports families, or... childfree people who talk about kids all day. Not races. ;P)
4- What would you do if you found out Jesus had indeed come back to earth, but people thought he was insane thus tossing him away into a cell, wailing about being the son of GOD, and saying he could perform miracles? Cuz a lot of people say those things and get locked up!
( Collapse )
If someone in a committed relationship has sex with a program in the holodeck, is that cheating?
My husband says he wouldn't care, as long as it's not someone we knew in real life.
I'm thinking of getting one from there, but i'm not sure how legitimate it is.
by the way, i'm thinking of getting a t-mobile mda, but for 49$? makes me think this isn't legit.
If so, what's your favourite thing to mix it with?
I want to put in a prescription, but I want to know if I'll be able to pick it up at a CVS in a different county while I'm up at school. I should be able to get home to get my new prescriptions each month (it's for birth control) but just in case, I don't want to get screwed over. At absolute most I would need to do it 3 times. Is this possible? Or am I better off filling it at home and doing my best to get home?
And yes, I asked a pharmacist at the CVS near me but his answer was "Umm... you may be able to do it. But I don't know if you can do it more than once. Just bring your prescription up to school and get it filled there." But I'm not going to be up there after May (the prescription is for 7 months of pills), so that doesn't really help me.
Crab cakes, fried rice, and biscuits (thx suzermagoozer) here.
2. Can you cry on command?
3. Can you make any interesting sounds?
4. What's for din-din?!
5. Can you actually tell who is a n00b and who isn't? Are you one?
6. How many people have seen you naked?
7. What is the most awkward encounter you have ever had?
8. What do you find yourself hatin' on most?
9. What would you change about yourself? One physical, one non-physical.
10. What, in your opinion, was the best movie of 2006?
11. How long have you had your username?
1. YES. I talk kind of strangely, and use words that other people don't. This one chick fucking ALWAYS steals it.
2. Yessir. It's a handy little talent, I'll tell ya.
3. I am the queen of interesting sounds.
4. I don't know. I'm baby-sitting tonight.
5. I can tell who sucks and who doesn't. I don't think it always relates to how long they've been in the community
6. Probably 8, outside of my family.
7. I loooooove awkward encounters. I can't pick my most awkward one though.
8. People. Just...all people.
9. Physical: I would make my lips bigger. Non: I would be less jealous
10. I really liked a lot. I thought The Pursuit of Happyness was good, and The Illusionist. It's hard to remember back to the beginning of the year though.
11. Two years.
Where are you from?
Edit: How about US States?
I got 149/150, because it's really hard to click on Rhode Island without clicking Connecticut.
Answers: I got 94/117. I had quite a lot of trouble with countries that used to be Yugoslavia. And I mixed up Sweden and Norway.
I'm from Oregon, USA.
How long until he's out of asshole-mode? What should I do until then?
Democratic senator discloses plans for presidential exploratory committee
Will she win?
Do you believe in Global Warming?
Have you seen Al Gore's documentary, An Inconvenient Truth? Did you find it convincing?
Have you researched the issue on your own?
Nothing too action-y, but something sort of gothic with lots of blood and some sex thrown in the mix.
What are some good titles you think I'd like?
Do you have a specific ritual for when you knock?
I always have to locate a wood surface and then knock exactly three times.
how do you stop/prevent a runny nose? sometimes i can feel that it's going to start running and i try sniffling, but it doesn't really work and it just annoys people around me. (you'll save my life if you can answer this)
I can't really judge on myself how big these are, because I'm 5'3", wear a size 4 short in pants, and the distance between my knee and ankle is 13 inches.
My sister, on the other hand, is about 5'11" and wears a size 8 long. On me, 24" legwarmers would be REALLY scrunchy. On her... they probably wouldn't scrunch at all.
So, I'm pretty sure I can't follow the pattern, in terms of length.
The question is... any idea how long they should be?
*edit cause I'm typing-tarded*
Do highly processed meat substitutes really have a smaller "carbon footprint" than an equal-sized piece of meat? For the sake of argument, let's say they're both organic (USDA).
Optional: Glasses, black hair, green eyes, a gamer, a genius, full-figured, taller than me
Mandatory: Caucasian or Japanese, nice personality, GSOH, not annoying, not an idiot, doesn't smoke, doesn't drink
( Collapse )
Orlando tomorrow night is the last stop on the US portion of the tour, and I'm going.
I just wanted to see if anyone else has gone and what they thought.
I can't wait for New Found Glory. I haven't seen them in two or three years...
Sometimes I feel like hes filling his time with just me, because besides work and his computer, I'm all hes really got.
But I have things, like my job, dancing 4 days a week, and studies.
Is it too much to ask if I want my own personal space?
I understand this is a dumb queston, but I dont know what to do.
Most guys dont do stuff like this, so I'm not really used to it.
But it is a really wonderful thing that hes doing for me, so I guess I'll just cool my jets and stop freaking out about it.
And I'll make more time for him, because I should pay more attention to him.
Get rid of really stubborn dog pee stains? On cream Carpet.. where aparently the dog seems to have returned to this spot a few times. We moved furniture around and .. "Surprize!"
We've tried some special stain removers, and a special wet vac carpet cleaner type thing. They don't seem to be doing anything. Has anyone had any real success with any kind of spray?
x-posted - ask me anything
So if a Jewish couple needs an egg donor, and the woman the eggs came from isn't Jewish... is the kid still Jewish? Conversely, if the woman in the couple *isn't* Jewish, and the donor *is*, is the kid Jewish?
I saw it today and I loved it, best movie I've seen in a loooooooong time.
Do you have a song stuck in your head?
Yeah, Don't stop me now by Queen.
Having just come from the Norhtern Hemipshere to the Southern Hemisphere, whilst exercising the other day, I got to thinking.
1. Do you burn more/less calories exercising in hot/cold weather?
2. Do you burn more calories if you drink cold/room temperature/hot water?
I can just imagine all the well-known Democrats sitting around pushing it on each other like it's cocaine or something. "Just try it maan, it's greaaat."
What is your favorite kind of sock?
I'm currently undecided between knee-high and ankle socks.
Do you reread books a lot?
I've reread the Harry Potters a few times, and The Lovely Bones, but other than that I don't reread books too much.
How do you do everyday things like eating, scratching your nose, wiping your ass...?
This has never happened to me, im curious
I would answer this, but I think that the bottle of Cuervo on my desk says enough...
-Verizon DSL (personal, don't have to share)
-Fiberoptics provided by my apartment complex (up to 600 other people using it)
Let's pretend that you share Joshua's [old testament dude] "as for me and my house, we shall serve the Lord" mentality.
For reasons unknown to you (yet valid), this heathen adult offspring finds it necessary to live at home for the time being.
bitch randomly at people, post to the question club, talk to my bestfriend♥, kick small children/animals, curse at the computure.
what is annoying you the most right now?
THE VIRUS ON MY COMPUTER.OMG.
What song has the best beat?
2) Why are you/they the family pariah?
3) Does it bother you, being the pariah, if you are?
I consider myself/my parents to be the family pariahs of my extended family. I was excluded from the last large family gathering (i.e. not invited) when my parents were invited, and all other kids, grand-kids and cousins were. Every christmas at our family christmas deal i am regarded as highly materialistic and get a whole drawn out lecture about how i should take the energy i put into my appearance into work with the church...
Reason for being the family pariah. I don't involve myself with the church anymore. long story short. dad married a catholic(dads family is protestant) it was basically a the worst thing ever(to them). i grew up going and being very involved with my grandparents church. neither of my parents went, i quickly lost interest, haven't gone in 5+ years. Since i stopped going... family relationship has crumbled.
I could really care less if i'm loved or despised by my extended family. In my opinion, they are all too preoccupied with themselves, and are far too into the competition of who can out-do who when it comes to spending money lavishly.
2. Do you like to cook your own food or have someone cook for you?
3. What is your favorite restaurant?
4. What is your favorite type of food or meal?
1. I'm a good breakfast maker. Omlettes, eggs, biscuits, gravy, etc.
2. I like to be cooked for, I'm not much of a cooker.
3. A tie between Melanie's Food Fantasy in Boone, NC and The Main Street Eatery in Lynchburg, VA. They're delicious and fresh and yummy yummy.
4. I love breakfast foods, veggies, fruits and Italian food.
Examples: The Most Beautiful Girl in the World by Prince, Beautiful Soul by Jesse McCartney
Can the bank I owe money to take it out of my and my husbands taxes?
If I start paying them off, can I avoid them garnishing my taxes?
i ask because i do if i'm about to but not if i'm actually doing it and i make some quick excuse. my friend answers 'are you on fire?' which is not nearly as cute as it sounds.
so what do you do?