1. Do you play any computer games?
2. What are they?
3. How often?
3. Every day. I am addicted. :[
Are you related to any important historical figures? Who?
Are you related to someone who's done something cool that the rest of us might know about? Who?
(not necessarily a celebrity, so it's different from the other question)
How can I get Firefox to know I have Flash installed? A while back a website told me I needed to download Flash so I did but it's still saying it's not there. I know it is there somewhere because the same websites work on Safari.
1. Does wine go bad? For example, the bottle has been open about 24 hours. Would drinking it tomorrow night be bad?
2. Do you think people in this community have more sex than the general population?
So for my Sex and Culture class we have to do a final research project. Ours is about homophobia on campus(guess who's idea that was...). We're going to give students and faculty a survey to assess how homophobic this campus is and then compare to religion and all that jazz. We found this one survey called the "Wright, Adams, and Bernat Homophobia Scale", but I can't find the like, key that shows you how to score it.
Has anybody heard about this survey? And do you know how to score it?
What is your best friend's name?
What was your last big money purchase?
Whats your favorite thing about TQC?
1.) Do you think that it's still acceptable in your society to blame the victim of a sexual assault for what occurred? ('She was a slut', 'She sent mixed signals', 'He's a man, he could have fought back harder', 'deserved it because...', etc)
(EDIT: I'm not asking if victim blaming is morally acceptable to you personally, I'm asking about how society feels about it in general. If someone made a statement that suggested they thought the victim of an assault was to blame, would people frown upon that? Would there be outcry? Would they agree with that person?)
2.) In the case of an alleged sexual assault, are you more willing to believe the accuser or the accused?
3.) If one of your very good friends accused one of your other very good friends of rape, who would you believe? How would you react?
4.) Have people in general become desensitized to sexual violence?
1. If someone owns and operates an insured vehicle or motorcycle and tries to commit suicide by crashing the vehicle/bike or otherwise using it in a destructive way to accomplish the act, would the insurance company replace the vehicle/bike (write a check) if it was destroyed or would they not do anything at all because technically, the vehicle/bike was not destroyed in an "accident" but in a deliberate incident?
2. If a single woman wants to get pregnant using artificial insemination and wants the sperm to come from a man she actually knows instead of a sperm bank, how does she go about asking/arranging it with her doctor? Does she just ask straight-out? Would a doctor ever turn a woman down in this situation for any reason?
When you guys post questions do you even care about the answers you'll get or are you just looking for a laugh by asking witty questions?
This doesn't include informational questions about how to do stuff ..
1. I'm trying to remember a movie... I know it was a horror flick. In it, there is a basement with a weird door. The door has a hole in it. Later on a book is found and it turns out that some magician demon man performed crazy sacrifices back there. Gosh, I feel so incoherent. Does ANYONE have any clue what I'm talking about?
2. When you were little, what were you most afraid of? Monsters, the boogeyman, etc.? For me, I always dreamt up scenarios of how I would "convince" a burglar not to rob my house. I never went for that monster business.
does anyone know how to dim the screen on a laptop? i cant find a button for it .
its an acer aspire 5003 if that helps
When engaged in a sexual act, does your lover/spouse/sexual partner/friend with benefits ever ask you to "talk dirty" to him/her?
How do you respond? What kind of things do you say?
yes, I am asking because I am clueless as to what to spout off when my boyfriend asks me to talk dirty to him.
Do you take drug of any sort with the 'do not drink with this medication' label, and if so, have you ever had liver failure?
No, because I don't drink, but once I had a giant mega-large coke slushie and ice cream and ended up sleeping three days straight, waking only for water.
Does anyone still use blank cassette tapes for anything? I found some when I cleaned out a cupboard.
What movie line makes you laugh every time you hear it or think of it? Bonus points for unexpected or sly humor.
I ask because my mind just flashed on the scene from one of the Lethal Weapon movies, in which Mel Gibson is walking and having a conversation with a female detective. In the middle of the conversation, he ducks into the men's room to pee, and invites her to "step into my orifice."
1. What places do you know of that have online job applications? I already applied at CVS, Walgreens, Staples and now at Books-a-Million.
2. Have you ever had any success getting a job from an online application?
3. Is it better to just go in the store?
4. If you have no information on that, what are the best and worst things about your job?
Have you ever taken thespark.com's personality test? If so, what were your results? Did you think your results were accurate?
So... what are you wearing right now?
Is it snowing where you are at this moment?
- I'm still in my pajamas, but I'm about to change into work clothes.
- Yes, it's snowing. Big, fat flakes.
why do you spend so much time on here instead of with your children?
1)I've forgotten ALL my passwords! Does anyone remeber what they are?
2)Ipod help: I put my Ipod in my CD player but nothing is coming out the speakers, HOW do I get it to work? Is it the battery?
3)FINALLY: Tinkerbell or Glinda?
Are you on Effexor?
Have you ever been on Effexor?
Is it XR or regular?
Love it/hate it?
Been through withdrawls yet?
Well.. I had moved to a new city almost 8 months ago and the first person I befriended is still my very good friend. We're friends with benefits, as well.. but recently it seems like it has gotten more than that. We slept together over the summer many times, but then I started to date someone and we stopped. The guy dumped me, my friend was there to console me, and then we started fooling around again. I dated another guy for a month, we stopped. We started again this weekend when I stopped dating the 2nd guy.... He has always treated me no less than like a princess, his nickname for me is Princess, actually... And this weekend I hung out with him and his son, who was staying over that night. It was different than usual because we hung out in sweats and jammies, instead of going to the bars, and we played with his son, and just teased and roughhoused and etc. Totally laid back, very relaxed.
Then he mentioned that he was going to the Dominican in April. I commented about an old roommie going for a wedding once and it was wonderful and made me want to go. So he asked me to go with him...
It just feels like the dynamic of our relationship has changed a little bit. He has tons of other female friends he could ask to go with him, and tons of guy friends, too.. but he asked me. And lately I've been having strong feelings for him. But he's my best friend in this city and I don't want to ruin that.
Should I tell him how I feel and/or ask how he feels or just go with it? or..? Thanks for the comments in advance!
Shouldn't Chloe and Jack be dating?!?!? I mean seriously. Audrey was so unbelievably annoying. WTF does Jack see in her?
Today is MLK day and I am forced to work. So I am honoring Dr. King through non-violent resistance to actually working. What websites should I check out to entertain myself? I'm looking mainly for stuff to read, anything with sound or a lot of pictures won't really work, as that will be quite noticeable. Even good LJ comms would work.
If you were in a vegitative state, how long would you want your parents/family to keep you on life support?
so over the holidays we were given 2 bottles of wine, i have very little wine experience and so i'm apprehensive about opening either of them...
one says - Marques de Caceres CRIANZA 2002 RIOJA denominacion de origen calificada - bottled by Union Viti-Vinicola, S.A. - Cenicero, Espana --
the other says - Gigondas APPELLATION GIGONDAS CONTROLEE Curvee Prestige 1998 mis en bouteille par Berard Pere et Fils (product of France)
does anybody have any experience with either of these wines? should they be chilled? what foods to serve with them? honestly anything you can tell me will be more than i know! thanx!!
Have you ever seen Peewee's Big Adventure?
What do you think of it?
Would you show it to your kids?
My mom said we watched it every single day over and over again when we were little. Apparently, I called it the "Bad Clownies!" movie because of the dream sequence Peewee has. It's on AMC right now, and my 2 year old son is spellbound. Watching it again as an adult, it's pretty freakin' creepy, lol. But my son seems to like it, so I think he can watch it.
I just moved into a new house, and the neighbors "chose" my boyfriend and I from the other applicants for the owner. They did this because they are friends with the owner and are also renting from him. The night we moved in one of them came over and brought us cookies(very yummy!). I want to take them something to show my appreciation for everything. What could I get them? I prefer something sincere, because I'm so thankful that we moved out of our last apartment/hell hole. Also, is it too late to do that?....he brought the cookies over three days ago....Help!
1) arent the jackass movies awesome?
i never thought id like it untill i watched them. and i must admit its awesome.
if "yeah, dude its AWESOME"
2) whos your favourite? why?
all of em:
dunn says the funniest things
in the second knoxvillie has a death wish
bam cuz he crys
pontius cuz boys and thongs are comedic gold
steve-o ... well, he kinda scares me, but hes cute with pontius
ehren and england are fucking heros.
if "arent you the most childish person ever"
3) why no love for the southen boys?
A friend of mine is having trouble with Internet Explorer 7. Apparently, his computer doesn't know what to do with it (dumbed-down version I heard second-hand from a techie, so sorry it's not clearer). He opens the program and it launches, but he can't load any webpages. He's connected to the internet, and MSN works, but he just can't navigate on the web.
Anyone experienced this problem before? Anyone know what to do about it?
Sunday comics question - brought up because of a debate on this subject yesterday.
Do you ever call them the "funnies"?
If not, what DO you call them?
And where are you from?
1. What is the worst pick up line/opening line you have ever used on someone?
2. What is the worst pick up line/opening line someone has ever used on you?
1. "I like your arm bands."
2. I haven't ever had a line used on me.
Guys: Very simply, what is it that you want from a significant other?
Girls: Very simply, what is it that you want from a significant other?
1.) Why has EllJay randomly stopped notifying me when people reply to my comments and posts?
2.) Why do I have a strange urge to eat sand? (I'm not going to do it, I'm just wondering.)
3.) Why is everyone convinced that the world revolves around them?
4.) If your body feels sore after you exercise, is that a good or bad thing?
5.) Tall people: Cool or scary?
6.) Fishnets and boots: Cute or trashy?
7.) Your day. How is it going so far? Who pissed you off today?
Are any of you fine folks librarians?
Ive been thinking about going to school to become one...and I have read all about it, but I would just like some personal experience type stories.
Do you like your job?
How long did you go to school for?
1. a. Ever wake up and have a part of your body inexplicably hurt, really bad?
b. If you answered yes, did it ever turn out to be something serious?
2. How high is your pain tolerance?
3. Any ideas for what could make a septum really hurt?
4. For people who have piercings: what was your most painful piercing that you didn't excpect to be painful/vice versa?
5. What is the most painful physical pain you've experienced?
6. Would you rather have a sharp, piercing pain (cuts, sprains, breaks), or a pain of incredible discomfort (cramps, stomach aches)?
Do you think that Evanescence's 'The Open Door' measured up to the music from 'Fallen'? (And why?)
My ears are no longer pierced but I have all these earrings just sitting here.
What should I do with all these earrings?
Which was the superior series: Buffy, Angel, or Firefly? Please justify your choice.
1. What's your favourite fruit?
2. What's your favourite vegetable?
3. What's your favourite meat?
4. What's your favourite drink?
1.) If you owned a restaraunt, what would the theme be? (ex: 50's diner...)
2.) If no theme, what would the overall ambience be, what types of decorations and things would you put up?
3.)Regardless, theme or no theme: What types of food would you serve?
1. If my student loan is in default but i'm paying it will the IRS/student loan corp keep my return?
2. What about my husbands return? I heard there's something called an injured spouse form, how does that work?
3. Please tell me i'm not screwed?
1.) Will eating yogurt sweetened with Splenda give me cancer/kill me/deform my future children?
2.) When was the last time you accidentally said something really rude/put your foot in your mouth? What was it?
3.) It is insensitive to comment that you're pro-choice in a room of teenagers when several of them have children or are pregnant? I'm not trying to start an abortion debate or anything here but I said it and you wouldn't believe the glares I got...
What non-fiction book(s) have/had an impact on you, influenced choices you make, changed/reinforced opinions you have, etc?
For me, it's The Way We Eat, Why Our Food Choices matter by Peter Singer and Jim Mason. I LOVE this book and could read it over and over. I'm so excited that my friends husband wants to borrow it because I hope it will have an impact on what they eat. It's a very easy read and it's so so so informative and just all-around awesome.
ETA: Might you possibly read some of the books people list? I'm going to jot some of them down.
What would you do if you found what looked like pieces of rubber in a tin of dog food? There's about five pieces and they're all under 0,5cm except for one that's about 1,5cm. It's quite a cheap brand if that makes a difference.
What's your favorite holiday?
Why do you think there are no federal (in the US) holidays in August? If you're not American do you have any national holidays in your country during August?
If there were to be a holiday named after you, how would you want it to be celebrated?
What voice type are you? As in Bass, Baritone, Tenor, Alto, Mezzo, Soprano.
Oh, and bonus points if you know your range.
What is the significance of the title "The Postman Always Rings Twice"?
I don't remember even seeing a postman in that entire movie. The only thing was that Jack Nicholson's character beeped twice when she tried to kill her husband the first time?
Also, for you Anime fans...In Howl's Moving Castle, did anyone else notice that Sophie would look older/younger for no reason? Like, all of a sudden she would look like she was young again, only to look old 3 seconds later? Did I miss something?
Are there any good sites for researching what kind of education one would need for various careers?
I understand that going to a career counselor at your school is a good way to find this out, but I am thinking about people who are not enrolled in college yet, and want to find out what kinds of classes they would take, and what schools have the best programs.
Is there a way to change the colors on your google homepage?
1. What are some foods that you love to eat left overs of?
2. What about foods you can't stand to eat if they're left over?
3. What are your plans for the rest of the day?
How the flip do you find your pulse? I can't find mine on my wrist OR neck >.<!
I live in Canada, but lets say I want to go to college in the states. I need to get a student loan, so it's still a Canadian student loan, right? And they'll let me do that, right?
On a completely different side note...
how old are you?
how old do you look?
I'm 20 but I get 17 a lot.
My boyfriend and I have been arguing about this for about a month, and he just won't admit he is wrong....
He INSISTS that the state Kentucky ISN'T in the south...So I am asking all of you...is kentucky in the south?
When does New York City generally see snow? (Week and month)
I understand that the answer may vary depending on multiple conditions, but any sort of response would be helpful. :)
Is there any (fairly easy, legal) way to tell which email address a web form will send itself to when you fill it in?
I'm updating the web directory information for the company I work at, and it would make my job a lot easier if I could just grab the "general enquiry" email address off a company's site rather than filling in a form and waiting for them not to get back to me. Cheers :0)
Do your pets have any unusual habits that scream 'spoiled!'?
My dog will lay down anywhere, but he won't sleep unless his head is on a pillow. Doesn't matter what kind of pillow, as long as it's a pillow. As for that cats - everything they do screams 'spoiled'.
Do you have any unusual quirks or habits that you like?
That you dislike?
That drive other people crazy?
1. do you have a favorite ancient civilization? if so, what is it? and who's your favorite of their rulers?
2. do you know the words to "we shall overcome"? how about "lift ev'ry voice"? where/how did you learn them?
3. i haven't decided on dinner yet. i'm making a baked potato and have chicken breasts, but don't know what to do with them. what should i do? (i've got spices and such and easy access to grocery stores)
4. (inspired by one of the billion transsexual shows on skytv and sure to cause drama) why is it that if a 5'10" 92 lb anorexic person went to a doctor and told them they felt fat, that the doctor would not give them liposuction, because the fact that they feel fat is "in their head," but when a woman goes to a doctor and says "i feel that i'm a man," she is able to get gender re-assignment surgery? (and i mean aside from "well, if you give an anorexic girl lipo, she might die," i'm talking about the actual medical accomodation for "feelings" that are not 'backed up,' so to speak, by biological evidence [i hope this makes sense])
1. have you ever taken a CNA course? was it difficult?
2. do you like argyle socks?
3. do you smoke hookah? if so what is your favorite flavor tobacco to smoke?
4. whats the last song you sang while you were drunk?
5. do you use air fresheners?
I have a job interview at Borders on Wednesday, for a Seller position.
I haven't had much luck with interviews before, and this will be my first real job... So, any tips for me? Anyone with stories about interviews with Borders specifically would be awesome.
I'm super nervous. Heh... I tend to do really badly with things like, "Tell me about an accomplishment you've made." or "What are your best qualities? Your worst?" etc... I just... don't know what to say. So, yes, any tips would be greatly appreciated.
If you were to build a robot, what kind of personality would it have? Whose voice would you give it?
I think my robot would have a voice like Rufus Wainwright.
Why isn't Word letting me save to a cd?
When I click 'Save As' and then click the CD drive (and yes, there is a blank cd in there), I get a pop-up that says "Incorrect function." So I click ok, and then I get one that says "You do not have access to the folder 'E:\'. See your administrator for access to this folder."
I AM the administrator. I've saved to a disc before, but why not now? What's my computer's problem? My OS is Windows something or other.
Can anyone recommend any good punk albums?
I've always loved punk, but I've never gotten into it like I have metal & rap so apart from bands like Pennywise & Rancid, I really have no idea where to start.
You are a college student who has just moved into your dorm for the semester. As a result of previous commuting, you know very few people. Those people (and most others) are not on campus at the moment because classes haven't started yet, so campus is pretty much empty.
You are bored, almost to the verge of tears. What do you do? Hypothetically, that is.
Does anyone know of any casinos in the US that are 18+, not 21+?
as some of you might know, NJ Transit is having a free train week next week. Two questions:
Any of you folk taking advantage of this?? If so, where are you going and what do you plan to do?
Second (and albeit a little more important to me :P) my b/f and i are planning on going to NYC one day -- probably Saturday the 27th -- during that week. Last time, we walked up and down Bleeker St. to explore the 'village a bit more. We want to spend our day similar to that - pick just one place with plenty of attractions to go to.
So. Any suggestions as to where we could go?? I've been to the city all of 4 times, so I'm a little clueless. Any sites/books/etc that could help me out as well??
What's it like being openly gay in a fraternity? Have you ever known anyone in that situation? Would you recommend it?
Does anyone watch Degrassi?
If so, who do you think is gonna be the one to die on Friday?
*Note* If you already know from some spoiler website, then don't answer. I don't want to know who ACTUALLY dies, I just want opinions.
I think it's gonna be Toby or JT or one of their group cuz it just doesn't make sense for Marco or Spinner to get killed off. Plus .. it shows Toby kissing Mia .. so I'm thinking Mia's ex kills Toby.
Do you consider yourself to be a good cook?
What's your finest culinary accomplishment?
What was your biggest culinary failure?
I have a digital camera that records video, and I would like to start recording things with it.
Does anyone know how many minutes of video a 1GB, 2GB, or 4GB memory stick would hold. thank you.
1. Would you consider yourself to be a common victim to procrastination?
2. During which tasks do you tend to procrastinate the most?
3. What are the biggest distractions when you're trying to work/do homework?
4. a. What have you found works well to stop yourself from procrastinating?
b. Especially when what you do requires use of the computer and internet?
Can I send liquor through the US Postal Service from NY to Alaska? I know that there are laws regarding interstate sale of liquor by mail, but I'm not sure if/how they apply in a gifting situation.
If so, how would you suggest wrapping a liquor bottle so that it doesn't break in transit.
Ok, not too long ago, someone posted a link to another community. It was something like fit body fit mind or along those lines. I went back to look for the post that had the link in the comments, but yea...couldn't find it. Anyone know the community I'm talking about?
How many car accidents have you seen actually happen?
What kind of cutting board do you use, and why do you prefer this type?
Are there any old-ish looking (at least medieval-looking) castles in the Americas? (US or Canada mainly)
I know there's no actual medieval castles here, but the best imitations would be best. A plus if it's near a river/lake, on/near hills/mountains, and/or have gardens.
Besides Disney castles.
What are your favorite drinking games?
That "please to be...(sitting/standing/deleting/stopping, etc.)" thing...I love it, but where did it originate from?
Among your siblings, what would people refer to you as if they didn't know you by name? Example:
"I saw one of the Jones' kids yesterday."
"You know, the ______ one".
EDIT: Sorry, I forgot to say that saying female/male and/or your birth order is not an option XD
Why is it that a goldfish that's partially black at the store will end up entirely orange, probably within a month of coming home?
Is the black thing a "we are stressed out" marking, that it goes away when it's no longer in a tank with 100 other fish? or a food thing?
Where can I buy cool shoes online?
1) Why is it so hard to say the right thing?
2) What do you usually do when you know you've done or said something out of line?
3) How do you get people to stop harassing you about 'What's wrong?' or 'What's bothering you?'
4) Teletubbies: Good or bad?
6) Kissing on the face (but not lips), hugging, cuddling, flirting: Cheating or not?
7) If a child were to burp their ABCs in your face, would tackling them and giving them the mother of all noogies be an appropriate response?
8) The last thing you said aloud?
9) Which characters (if any) do you 'ship'?
(Ship = A romantic relationship between two fictional characters that you support)
Congratulations! You get to design Utopia. What does it look like? How does it run? What do people spend their time doing?
...Oh well, your plan failed.
If society carries on the way it's going, with the values it currently holds (in real life now, not in your fantasy Utopia), what do you think the world will look like in 150 years or so?
For those of you who work out in the morning before going to school or work, is there anything special you do to motivate yourself to get up early to go to the gym? I'd like to work out more regularly, and 9 times out of 10, when I go to the gym, it's after work or on the weekend. I'd like to get into more of a routing of morning workouts, even if only once a week, but it's sooooo hard to get out of bed an hour earlier than I would otherwise. However, if there's a great motivation out there which seems to work for you, I'd love to hear it!
Nerdy question time! (I don't actually expect any answers...)
Back in the Cretaceous Period, there was a fish that had lots of spines all over it. The name is something that sounds like "Ishuraisa" or something similar, and I need to know how to spell it, and a site about it would be nice, too. I found a whole bunch of the fossilized spines in South Carolina, if that helps. Anyone know what I'm talking about?
Who here knows what a Regents Exam is?
(I already know, but I'm curious as to who else does...)
1. What machines do you use if you go to a gym? What classes do you like to take?
2. I need a summer job. I'm probably going to be teaching summer school, but one in addition to that. Should I pick one along that same line, like tutoring kids, or something else totally? I don't mind working with the public, so I was thinking along the lines of Borders or Joann Fabric. Any other ideas to throw into the mix?
3. Do you do volunteer work? Where, and what do you do?
What are some songs you like that make you feel bad-ass and sexy? For me, I would say "Wikked Lil' Grrrls" by Esthero (though the spelling makes me cringe) and "She Wants to Move" by N.E.R.D.
Also, how do you feel about cursing and why? In which situations is it appropriate?
Why are the Supernatural boys so damned hot?
Who do you prefer, Sam or Dean?
Why is Jeffrey Dean Morgan so hot for an older guy?
(I'm a Dean girl all the way - he's so sexeh, and his big....Impala is ok by me hehe.)
Edit: Please no spoilers! We only just got a new season here in Australia, the one where the first episode is Dean seeing a reaper and something happens to the dad and yeah. I hope THAT wasn't a spoiler in itself - I'm assuming you guys are ahead and I tried to word it as non-spoilery as possible.
What are other words for the proverbial heart, spirit and the like.
I'm embarassed to ask this one...but so I can settle this debate:
Are Flavor Flave and Deelishis still together?
My boyfriend and I have been together for almost five years.
People ask me all the time if I am still in love with him. People have told me there is no way I could still be in love with him after all this time. Love him yes, but be in love with him?
I love him more now than I did the first day I met him.
How many of you think this is possible?
How many believe in love at first sight? I know I do ^_^
I live in a pretty nice town outside of Chicago and recently I've noticed up and down one of the main busy streets, a crop of spas have appeared (about five within 2 miles). They're all in small strip-malls and buildings that don't look fit for a health spa and have all of their windows blacked out. Most of them just have names like "Garden Spa" and aren't very busy.
Do you think they're erotic massage parlors? Has anyone noticed these types of places in their neighborhoods?
What is the longest you sat online and talked to the same person? (You can include bathroom and food breaks)
for me-11 hours.
What do you do when you are EXTREMELY bored and there is no one to talk to online, no one to call and nothing on tv?
1. Does anyone know of some good sites for looking for flats to rent in essex, england?
2. If you have a few, care to share the link?
3. Does anyone know what the average cost of utilities in a studio flat, for one person per year would be in Essex, England?
4. Do you live in Essex, England?
4. Not yet
5. I want to move to Colchester, Epping, or Harlow.
Is it normal that my eyes water when I go to the bathroom? Do yours? If not, tell me your most unusual bathroom habits.
If you can't think of one, tell me how blind people know when they're done wiping.
If you don't know that, tell me the worst smell you can think of.
Those of you who bring your own lunch to school and/or work, what do you like to bring?
I really want more variety, but I usually end up bringing one or two of the following:
- frozen vegetables (the kind that "steam in the microwave")
- pasta salad
- peanut butter & jelly sammich
Imagine a sword-like weapon that is like a butcher knife about the length of your arm (or slightly shorter). Only at the end, it is pointed like a normal sword. The top part is mostly dull while the bottom part of the blade is very sharp. The blade has a curve on the top.
Anyone know a weapon like this and what it might be called?