i want to say all sorts of things, like how she doesn't act or look 30, but i just can't get around the fact that it makes me feel so young (and that i already feel like i know the answer). she's expressed some interest, but i feel like i have a double standard: i think in this case it's ok, but if i ever saw a 30 year old man and an 18 year old girl, i'd think he was a freaking skeaze ball.
What do you use to download music? I've always used Morpheus, but for some unknown reason it stopped letting me download stuff .. so I just uninstalled it .. but I still really want to listen to that REM song .. so what can I use?
I'm kinda iffy about Limewire just so you know, so anything else?
1. What's on your walls? 2. What are your initials? 3. I have a bad cold/cough. What do you recommend to help me get over being sick? 4. For the past few days I've been getting stuff together to move into the dorms, I moved some stuff saturday, and I'm moving more stuff tomorrow. My last two trips will be the 20th and the 26th (I'm going in for good the 26th, only to come home for a show on the 2nd). Do you have any lists/links for lists of things to bring to college?
Me: 1. Bulletin board. Breakfast club poster. 3 rocky horror picture show posters. 3 awards I won in high school. A strangers with candy poster. 2. IRF 3. I have cough syrup and I've been drinking lots of orange juice and avoiding milk and dairy. 4. I brought all the books I want. And about 1/3 of my clothes. And kitchen/desk supplies, but I have no idea where to go from there.
And now for the real question. What's something you've done in the past that people you know now have trouble believing?
For me, now that I'm a manager in the mortgage industry (and I'm kind of quiet by nature anyway), people are shocked and refuse to believe me when I tell them that I used to sell sex toys for a living.
So, I'm at work waiting for my husband to pick me up and eating some candy. This cute little boy and a woman who I assumed to be some type of matriarchal figure approaches. Little boy stares longingly at my candy. Possible Matriarchal Figure says: "Go up to her and ask her to give you her candy" Little kid does so. I say no. PMF: "If there wasn't something wrong with that lady, she'd give you some of her candy." Yes, she actually said that. Then she turns and gives me an evil look.
Now, the questions: Why would a grown woman behave in this manner? Was I being terrible to not prostrate myself before her frantically waving my candy in her face? Do you like Gobstoppers? Why would a mother want her kid to ask a complete stranger for candy?
Is there any reason why the top of my right index finger, from the second joint up, is tingly and numb? It's not constant, either. It'll feel normal for a few minutes and then start feeling weird again.
Wear a uniform? Wear "business casual" (what exactly is that?) Dress up (suit or dress slacks/shirt/tie)? Dress down (jeans)?
Is there 'competition' in your workplace as to who wears what and who dresses better?
Me: I work in the office of a construction company, so we all 'dress down' most of the time and there is no "trying to 'outdo' each other" in my office. There are only two other females there--one is a boss.
Hullo all. It's way early for me and I'm awfully bored and so... a question.
I know I always have junk sitting beside my bed, whether it be on the floor, just dropped before nodding off, or on the night stand-ish thing. So, my questions are:
1) What's on your night stand? 2) What's on the floor next to your bed?
1) An empty wine glass, a collection of medication, a few scattered photos of relatives (given to me by well-meaning family members), a Joey Ramone figure, a donut pin-cushion, a slightly malfunctioning alarm clock, a thrifted lamp, a spiked cuff from Venus Envy, a Bob Marley sweatband from Rock Candy and a film canister full of shed whiskers from my kitties. 2) A 11"x14" sketchbook, a tin of Staedtler pencils, a chewed eraser, my Cognition textbook, a bra, Clive Barker's The Hellbound Heart, guitar picks and a pack of cigarettes.
is it okay to clean my nose piercing with epson saltwater? i didn't know if that's the same as sea salt. i had been using antibacterial soap with no problems but i ran out and used epson salt and now it's kind of painful. there's no bump on the outside or scabbiness, just kind of sensitive. (i got it done a week before thanksgiving and changed from a screw to a hoop about three weeks ago, if that matters)
Okay, complicated question. For computer/printer people. Thought I would ask here first.
My computer is saying that I have a new hardware found on the computer -- namely my printer. I redownloaded the software for it, installed and nothing, it doesn't recognize the software.
Then I got another printer. Installed the printer software. Nothing. Same problem as before. Obviously something is wrong with the computer.
Also at the same time as this printer thing happened, I got an error message saying something like "You have choosen the wrong name" over and over again. It keeps happening when I leave the computer for any length of time.
Would you rather be stuck on a desert island with:
Furries (they have their costumes) or those crazy fuckers that think that their soul is a wolf or something equally stupid?
An emo kid or a goth kid?
A really hot but opposite-sexual-preference-as-you person, or a completely ugly person of your sexual preference?
What time is your alarm set for?
If forced to choose, would you go for buttsex with someone who was otherwise great in bed, or someone who would only do it missionary style, didn't care about your satisfaction, and went to sleep as soon as sex was over?
1. Are there people that you would be insulted by if they liked you/ thought highly of you/ respected you? For example, someone that you are maybe having an argument with and you are listening to them, taking notes on what they are about and thinking - if this person thought I was cool, that would actually say something pretty shitty about me.
2. You aren't educated on something much more than media; newspaper, news and light online reading. Do you get into debates and think or talk as if you are educated on it? Why or why not?
3. If you could have a scrolling marquee on your car and a little keyboard with which to type scrolling messages to the drivers around you, would you buy something like that and use the hell out of it?
4. What are some of the obscenities that you would be putting in all caps on a regular basis to the lovely folks out there on the road?
When I give it power (either battery or plug, doesn't matter), without turning it on or anything, it just begins to make a very quiet high-pitched noise like "Hey, I'm getting power!" (this is not the whir of a hard drive) but is completely unresponsive to trying to turn it on or any sort of stimulus. Last time I used it, I put it on standby and back in its bag, and since then it has suffered no trauma or anything (although it was very briefly handled by someone other than myself).
1. Can you touch your toes (without bending your knees)?
2. Did you used to be able to touch your toes, but can't any more?
3. How old are you?
4. Would you have understood question #2 if I had phrased it, "Did you used to could?"
I'm 23 and my roommates who are both 21 were shocked to discover last night that I could touch my toes. They claim that most people stop being able to do that in their teen years.
Edit: So it would appear that the ability to touch your toes has nothing to do with anything. There is no pattern. Some people can & some people can't. It also has nothing to do with one's ability to speak "Southern." (Which I didn't think it did, I just asked that part because I almost phrased the question that way.)
1)Consider your dream house for a few minutes. What kinds of cool, crazy shit would you want in your dream house? I want one of these and instead of doorways I'll have slides going into each room. I also want a library with floor to ceiling shelves and a ladder on a track, and an indoor lap pool with a glass bottom and glass sculptures underneath that look like the ceiling here.
2)When was the last time you gambled/placed a bet? If you won, how much did you win?
3)If a friend needed you to pet sit for them, are there any kinds of pets that you wouldn't be willing to care for?
1. Do you have a favorite director? Not particularly, if someone put a gun to my head and forced me to pick one, I'd say Martin Scorsese
2. Have you seen Four Rooms? If you have, what was your favorite story/room? Yes. The one with the cigar cutter.
3. Did you know Joss Whedon is directing an episode of The Office(US)? How do you think it will be? Just found out a couple of minutes ago. I think It'll be pretty funny, I never knew that he wrote for Roseanne.
If you are married and poly, do you feel that you are respecting the marriage bond between you and your spouse? Why are you married, since marriage is about the bond between two people? If you are not poly, what do you think of poly-"marriages"?
The inside of my bottom lip hurts a lot. It feels kind of rough or wrinkly and stings. I think there is a little crack in it too. And it got really irritated when I was trying to eat pineapple for breakfast. Owie.
Oh, and it feels the same way under my tongue too, but it doesn't hurt quite as much. This has been happening on and off for a few days (a week?) now.
Say you have hard copies of dirty photos lying around (but put away/semi-hidden) of you doing something sexual with an ex (let's say over two years old). If you got into another relationship, were a few months into it and getting serious, what would you do with the photos, if anything?
1.) Scenario: you discover someone who looks JUST like you. It blows your mind, but it's like looking in a mirror. Same body shape, hair, everything. You get to talking, and find out that this person is a professional criminal. You keep in touch with this person. One day, your twin goes through some legal problems, and is sentenced to 3 years in prison. She/he meets with you the day they have to report and says this:
"If you take my place in the slammer, I will give you $3million dollars. I've very successful at what I do and the police could only bust me on a petty offense, and I have no problem spreading the wealth if you take the fall for me. If you're a model prisoner, you can be out in less than 2 years, maybe around a year and a half on good behavior. It will be tough and you might fall in with the wrong crowd to get by and this might compromise your model prisoner status, so you have to be careful. I have a lot of connections and can arrange it so that everybody you know thinks you're out of the country for school or Greenpeace or whatever, so there's no blemish on your reputation, and your record is still clean since everybody will think you're me. If you refuse, hey, I understand and won't hold it against you."
Edit: If you accept the terms, the money will be wired into a Swiss bank account up front with only your name on it, and no one can touch it and no one else will know about it. If you betray this person's trust, you can expect a hit on your head
Do you agree to the money and the prison-by-proxy arrangement?
1) How would you react if somebody you loved just died, and a couple hours later, you hear this terrible cracking noise and looked over at the dead body and something was trying to punch it's way out of the skull? Some sort of mutant fetus, just chewing and bashing it's way out of the inside of grandma's skull, like a terrible hatching, eating the rest of the corpse and maybe even trying to eat you?
2) How would you react if you knew something like that would happen to you when you died? No affect on you while alive, none what so ever, just a dormant little thing that might show up positive on a blood test. No affect until you're dead. Just living the remainder of your life knowing a skull baby will burst from your head after death.
3) How would you react if you knew grandma had skull babies, but she was still alive? Would you treat her any different while alive?
4) Would you try to kill grandma's skull baby?
5) What if you knew the skull baby would calm down after the feeding frenzy? That it wasn't attacking out of evil, just out of extreme duress and hunger?
6) What if the skull baby remembered some of the stuff from the head it hatched from? Would it still be grandma in a way? Or just a nasty little monster that hatched from dead grandma's skull?
Does anyone know what the lyrics are to the song "Amerilie" by Vetiver? I've loved the song since I first heard it but I don't know the exact lyrics... with such a beautiful song, it'd be nice to know! I haven't been able to find them anywhere on the net.
#1 -- Do you prefer to read narratives that are written with a voice that is the same gender as you, the opposite gender, or genderless? (For example, if you identify as female, would you prefer the narrator of a story to be female, male, or unspecified?)
#2 -- If a story has a narrator of unspecified gender, do you automatically imagine the narrator as having a particular gender?
#3 -- Which style of narration do you prefer? (e.g. first-person, third-person, multiple narrators, etc)
Under 13 (Do you have parental permission to be on LJ?)
Ageless, immortal, a vampire, something like that.
4- Based on the above poll (even if barely anyone's clicked it yet) would you talk differently around here? IE, more kids, less raunchy sex questions, more adults, less pre-teen relationship questions... Or do you not give a crap who sees what? :P I know I'm not a mod and what I wonder doesn't affect this place, by and by. ;P
5- Despite it only being Wednesday, what are your plans for this weekend?
6- Do you prefer to answer or ask questions here? When/if you ask questions, is it to just get to know people, or for your own benefit, or to make friends based on answers?
1. What type of shoes do you wear when it's cold out?
2. What is a good facewash or makeup remover that can be used somewhat frequently without causing excessive drying? I'm taking a stage makeup class and will probably need to wash my face at least once each class (which meets twice a week). I have pretty clear skin for the most part, but in the winter it is very dry. I do use moisturizer but still I'm hoping to find something that won't dry me up too badly. My professor said to just bring those disposable cloths, but I know the texture of those is too rough for my winter-face.
You're being rung up at any given retail store, and the cashier scans your merchandise. There is some kind of error or another and the item doesn't scan properly. After the cashier tries once or twice you make the insanely clever and original joke that "haw haw, it must be free then!" Little do you know, the cashier now wants to murder you because this is the 30th time he's heard this joke today.
In your line of work, are there any super awesome jokes or phrases that you have to listen to over and over and over until you feel you have no other option but to stab yourself in the neck with a ballpoint pen?
1. does anyone have a link to a site that lets you use one of those "does this hairstyle look good on me" programs, for free? all the ones i've found so far are just a trial, and won't let me upload an actual picture of myself to use.
2. what's your favourite thing to order at applebee's? (if you have ever eaten there.)
3. do you have a home security system? if yes, why?
4. what's the best board game?
5. have you ever posted something for a community to your own journal and not noticed until the next day? because, uh. i really meant to ask this here yesterday, but instead, i'm an idiot.
edited to add:
6. what's the best way to fix a mattress to a car? i need to get my (full size) mattress from my mom's house to my apartment, which is approximately a 15 minute drive over a major highway. i have a kia spectra (4-door sedan). my husband says that bungee cords are a terrible idea, and that we should use rope. this seems, to me, a little less than brilliant. any ideas?
1. When was your last power outtage? What did you do during it? 2. What should you be doing right now? 3. What's your favorite candy? 4. Were you ever a Boy//Girl Scout? 5. Would you rather sleep on a mattress of daggers or in a hammock of barbed wire? 6. Musicals: Fun or Freaky? 7. Where is your best friend right now? How long have you known them?
1. YESTERDAY! It was only for two hours, but we had one for five days about 2 weeks ago. I baby-sat two of the nights for my neighbors, and stayed at my sister's the rest. 2. Paying attention in class. 3. Sour Patch Kids, forever! 4. No, sadly. But I did help my friend sell her cookies. 5. Mattress of daggers. Hammocks swing. 6. Fun! 7. I think she's in her French class. I've known her since I was a teeny little toddler.
2. What time zone do you live in? Eastern Standard Time
3. Let's say you went out somewhere and met someone. This person is very attractive and you have a deep conversation and realize you have tons of things in common. Somehow or another you end up back at their place. This person says they need to go "freshen up." "get more comfortable." When they come back, they don't have any teeth, they're barefoot, and only have one toe on each foot. They never mentioned having artificial teeth and were wearing closed shoes in the place you met. How do you think you'd react?
1.whats the nicest thing your s.o. did for you before you were dating? 2.how many of you never went to prom? 3.whats your favorite season? 4.whats your favorite movie? 5.how much music do you have on your computer?
has anyone ever seen Chumscrubber? well there has been commercials on the teley for a new movie (not sure name, but the one with justin timberlake). in the commercial, it shows 2 characters from Chumscrubber and shows EXACT scenes from the movie as well. i searched the info on this movie and its plot is nowhere near the same. but i cant get it out of my head that these two movies seem AWFULLY similar, just with the addition of Mr. timberlake. does anyone know whether this movie is a spin off of the recent Chumscrubber? or am i hallucinating?
does anyone even know what i am talking about, a little?
Say you're pregnant or your SO is pregnant. In this scenario, you're planning on having the kid, and the ultrasound and related tests show that it's a healthy fetus. However, during the delivery, something goes wrong. The umbilical cord gets wrapped around the baby's head, and there is damage. The baby's alive, but has suffered a traumatic injury to its soft skull. The doctor asks the nurses to leave the room, and it's just you (or you and your SO). Inspecting the skull, the doctor says that he's 75% positive the damage has left the baby extremely brain damaged, too mentally impaired to ever have anything more than child's IQ for the rest of its life, and it's highly possible that it might have some motor problems too. He apologizes. He then asks you a cryptic question:
"Do you want to keep it? There's no cameras in here and I can put the baby out of its misery if you want, and there won't be any investigation since it'll be assumed that the head injury was the cause of death. I realize this is a daring, tactless question, but this is the only time I can offer this to you. Once you leave this room, you will have to raise this child and tend to its many needs for the rest of its or your life, as it will most likely never be able to survive on its own, and you do seem like nice people who deserve a second chance. What's your answer?"
Not taking into account the likely malpractice suit you will file, do you keep it?
My son has ADHD. Medication doesn't work so far. I want to try him on a placebo, but he's old enough to know if I'm giving him candy. Can anyone recommend somewhere/something I can buy/give him as a placebo?
1. Does anyone get really really cold during or towards the end of a sex...session? (Like shivering and teeth chattering coldness) Why is that? 2. Do you get cravings after having sex? What kind of craving? 3. What was your favorite "random craving" discovery? 4. Is anyone addicted to the Lifetime Movie Network and if so, what is your favorite movie? 5. What's the weirdest flavor of soda you've come across? Best flavor? 6. Have you tried to learn to play guitar at home with a book? 7. Did it work? 8. Which book was it? 9. How long did it take you to learn to play at an intermediate level? 10. What weird childhood games did you play for amusement? 11. Do you have any irrational fears and what are they? Do you know why you are afraid of it? How has it affected your life?
My answers: 1. Yes. Idk why. 2. I crave fast food. 3. Dill pickle slices eaten with Ruffles. 4. Yes. I love Cyber Seduction. 5. N/A 6. Yes 7. No 8. A shitty one 9. N/A 10. I used to stick rose thorns on my forehead and play "rhino." 11. I'm afraid of body parts (mostly hands) coming out of nowhere (like the ground) and grabbing me to pull me down to hell or oblivion. I think I saw it in a movie when I was little. I rarely ever sit with my feet dangling unless I'm at a restaurant or don't have room to pull my feet up.
It gave us vast amounts of mister and MISS information.
It taught us, that more of the population gets their porn for free, just like their music.
But I have a deep and probing question about this.
Has the ability to easily create, record and share music, exposed you to more GOOD or BAD artists? A simple browse on myspace.com can make the average user either happy with delight or want to puke into their Chuck Taylors.
I've found a lot of music, and a lot online. Personally I think I would have found as much good stuff without the huge file sharing boom, as with. However, I have gotten way more good music than bad, despite all the mediocre-core bands on myspace asking me to be their friend and buy their demo.
Note: if this doesn't belong here, but rather in a community that specializes in these sorts of questions, I'll be glad to remove it and repost it there.
I saw a video on Bravo, I think, where there was a quartet or a quintet of men singing 12 Days of Christmas, except one of them would always start singing in a random part of the song and the others would have to catch up. It was very well performed and quite funny. If anyone knows where I could find this video, please let me know.
Ok, after my post last night, I feel the need to clarify some things.
First, yes, I DID research Betta fish before I bought them, (I researched them for quite a long time, actually) but once I got them home, I felt completely at a loss for how to care for them, and all the websites and pamphlets I looked at just didn't seem to cut it for me, so I decided to request some first-hand information here.
Second, yes, I do have a ridiculously stupid user name. I hate it, you hate it, the entire world hates it. Thanks for pointing out how obviously stupid it is. I simply love it when people state the obvious. I made this LJ when I was twelve years old, and quite honestly, I have no idea how this user name came into existance. If you want it changed and have a credit/debit card, feel free to pay the fifteen dollars it would take for me to change my user name, because I don't have a card. Otherwise, don't bitch at me about it.
Ok, on to my question.
I just gave blood today for the first time. And taking the blood made me faint. I'm not afraid of blood, it just knocked me out. When was the first time you gave blood? Did anything strange happen?
Ron White is one of 4 comedians for the Blue Collar Comedy Tour and he has this lead up to a bit on being drunk in a bar that I don't understand. He says "I'm about 6'1" to 6'6" depending what convenience store I'm coming out of".
This totally confuses me.
Can anybody explain this?
Or maybe translate would be a better way to phrase that.
So, I have a friend that's been in a marriage for six months and is already unhappy, because his wife has shown a new face and restricted his life, no female friends, things like that. He has no religious hangups but he still views divorce as being a last-ditch effort, and he can make do with his wife now, though he's not happy. I say his happiness matters more, but he made the point that society (specifically, her and his families) views that as a pretty self-absorbed opinion. To me, why bother living through that if you're not happy? Then again, why bother being happy if society views it as being so dang selfish? I can't make up my mind about the issue in general, so I figured I'd ask and give the background story.
So I guess it boils down to, what matters more? Your happiness or your promises?
In Photoshop CS2, is there a way to set the undo key to ctrl-z and the redo key to ctrl-y? In PS 7 there was a nice simple check box but in CS all I can find is a list of shortcuts I can set and undo/redo is the same freaking option.
Any idea what pseudo super power would be most fitting of someone who works in a morgue? Actually, I believe I'm looking for someone who works as a funeral director.
By not so super power.. I mean something that no one else can do, something that's not natural, but not enough to save the world a la superman. Something quirkty and oddball like, the ability to control odor; remove it completely, make it worse than it is, or somewhere inbetween.
Quite awhile back an email made the rounds.... it was titled NametheBand.xls and in it were 270 pictures of bands and you had to guess the name. I only have 120 correct answers and its driving me insane! I'm looking for someone who can give me the answers or point me in the right direction of where to find them!
is there a community that can help me with a game I have for pc? its Catz 5. if not here is the question
for anyone that has this game, i used to have petz 4 and there used to be a paint bucket and brush, but in catz or dogz 5 there isn't i think i have to win in the games but so far I haven't got it. is there a cheat for it? is there a good website with cheats for the game? i have had no luck googling it.
if there is a community for it i will gladly remove the post.
Are you or any of your close friends/family afraid of someone saying "I love you" (in a romantic sense) or otherwise treat those three words as the equivilent of some terrible cataclysmic event? If so, why?
I'm curious as a few people I know react that way (both guys & gals) and I find it to be strange. In fact, one of them broke up with a significant other after they said they loved them. I pointed out that "You treat the word 'love' like its some kind of nuclear bomb being dropped" and they responded that is exactly what it is. It's all very strange to me and I'm curious to see if this is a very widespread condition...
Imagine you are 79, your spouse dies. Would you remarry? why or why not?
Me personally I wouldnt remarry. I know its not the best way to think but Eventually I am going to die. I see no reason in having someone fall in love with me all over again, marry them then die on them. Its sad but true. I wouldnt wanna hurt someone like that.
For those of you with long, curly and frizzy hair, how do you make it look nice without doing too much with it? I don't like blow-drying or anything like that, I just need some kind of solution that's really good for curly hair that won't make it feel like hay when it dries.
Here's the deal. I'm directing a play this spring that's all about truth, lies, fidelity, cheating, hiding, suspicion, that sort of thing. I'm looking for music to use for it that deals with those topics. On my first scan through my iTunes, I've got:
-CCR - Heard It Through the Grapevine -Elvis - Suspicious Minds -Barenaked Ladies - Shoebox -Beatles - Everybody's Got Something to Hide (Except for Me and My Monkey) -The Wood Brothers - Truth is the Light
Why does my microsoft antispyware have 4Gigabytes of "errors"?
( Collapse ) I'm sure that this is leftover from when I had a lot of spyware found and removed from my laptop last year. Can I just delete this file and be done? or will something bad happen? what about the rest of the gibberish in the folder?is that supposed to be there? sorry, I am just computer illiterate.
Why are people afraid of going to the dentist? Is it just the dentist, or all medical professionals? Do you have this fear?
How do you fall asleep? Do you need noise or complete darkness?
I need the tv on. I know its a bad habit, but oh well. Also it would be best if it was really dark, but thats not as important as the tv being on :)
If you have/do sleep with someone else in your bed, do you like to cuddle while sleeping? Do you have assigned "sides" ? I need my ownnn space while Im sleeping. I cant stand being touched or cuddled with when Im trying to sleep. And I dont care what side of the bed Im on.
How long do you think you should know/date someone before moving in together? Do you think its necessary to move in with someone before you marry them? why/why not.
What do you do with all the jewel cases you own? I have a huge box of them just laying around, I have no idea what to do with them, but I don't want to get rid of them in case I one day sell my cds. (and the actual cds are in one of those big portfolios, as all my music is on my iPod)
this might be kind of a snotty question but i need to know, so please help if you can.
i recently bought myself some designer jeans & they have some rhinestone beading on the back pockets. they're really great and i LOVE them but now i have to wash them after their first few wears, so my question is...
should i have them dry cleaned, wash them inside out, or throw caution to the wind and throw them in the wash like normal jeans? what about the dryer? i'm kind of thinking i shouldn't dry them, but i'd actually be ok if they shrunk up a little bit so if i can dry them without melting the rhinestone stuff, i'd like to do that.
so, does anybody have any experience with it? i *really* don't want to ruin my new favorite jeans.
I took a class in University which was a Human Ecology class on Sexuality. In this class, the prof talked about a website about erectile dysfunction that claimed something like 80% of cases of erectile dysfunction are caused by biological causes. In fact, the real stat is the opposite: 20% are biological and 80% are psychological. Anyhow. The reason this was mentioned was because way in teeny font in the corner was the name "Pffeizer," which is, of course, the maker of Viagra. It was a really professional-looking site, was designed to look as though it wasn't affiliated with Viagra, but definitely led web surfers to believe that their erectile dysfunction would be remedied by going on a drug that targets the biological causes of ED (i.e. Viagra).
I'm a junior high teacher now. I'm doing a unit on media literacy in my grade 8 Language Arts class. I'd like to show my grade 8s a similar example of where knowing the author of a piece of media gives one more information about the accuracy of the information. However, since this is grade 8, it needs to be a wee bit more PG than Viagra.
Do you know of any websites that fit this bill? Edit:What about websites that are obviously biased? I'm looking for actual URLs because going for a search for biased or inaccurate websites would be difficult, I think.
Okay so in the movie Titanic, in the sex scene in the car, whose hand it is that comes up and slides down the back window? I think it's Rose's, my friends think it's Jack's because he's "trembling", but the angle isn't right for it to be his when it flashes back to them together. And i can find the answer nowhere on the internet. Does ANYONE know?
1. Does the thought of retirement scare you at all? Even a little? 2. Let's say you're driving on a road with a 40 mph speed limit, and you're going 45. You see that there's a cop car going the opposite way, about to pass you. Do you slow down, stay the same speed, or ? 3. Do people actually have sex in cars or is that just a movie thing? Have you? How much did it suck (or not suck?)? 4. When you have repairmen come to your house to fix things (plumbers, comcast guys, etc) that aren't going to take too long (15-20 minutes), do you follow them around? Or do you just show them where they need to go and leave them alone? Or?
1) Whose procrastinating on some kind of work? 2) What is one thing you wish you knew when you were applying to colleges? 3) What is your opinion on the performing arts? 4) Don't you regret anything? Anything in particular (or you can keep it personal)? 5) Do/did you have fun in high school? Any reason why? 6) Have you ever been in the musical "Pippin"?
My answers 1) Yes! I am...on a project due tomorrow. 2) I'm asking you this - I have two years left. 3) I <3 them 4) Yes, but I am fine with it now. 5) Yes, I am, because of all my awesome friends! 6) I'm auditioning for it Monday, and I want to be Berthe or Chorus!
When someone writes a commercial and wants someone (or a few people) to sing a jingle, do they:
1. Look for someone who is good at sightreading or singing by ear / someone who can sing perfectly on key, so they don't need any alteration when it goes to the mixing room 2. Look for someone who can sing OK, but needs some slight altering with electronic equipment 3. Or do they do away with actual singers altogether and render it all completely electronically?
Do/Did you go to school out-of-state? If so, how far out of state? Do/Did any of you go to school across the county?
For anyone who answered yes to these questions, what was it like transporting all of your things? I live in New Jersey, and am strongly leaning towards going to school in California. My question is: How the hell do you transport all of your things without is costing a fortune? I went to school out of state before, about two hours away, so it wasn't a big deal, but I know just how much stuff I need to be moving.
Have you ever attended - or know someone who has attended - one of those seminars where they ask you to sit through a presentation, usually for a timeshare or something similar, so that you could get whatever fabulous free thing was given out for attending? Usually the deals sound pretty good (i.e. "sit through our time share presentation and we'll give you your choice of vacations!") and I'm interested in successful experiences with this sort of thing. And by successful, I mean you got the freebie without being coerced into buying into the timeshare. I know one person who has done so, so I know it can be done, but I'm wondering the the hard-sell pressure they put on you is worth it in the end. Any experience you'd like to share?
1. Whats your view or opinion with the war going on in Iraq? - Personally I hate it, considering I am in the military. I have been to iraq, and its all a bunch of bullshit. But its not like we can do anything about it. Bc we're just ordered to do what we have to do. We're fighting a war that isnt even ours anymore. It never was to being with.
2. What do you think about President Bush? - I Can NOT wait until his term is over. Hopefully we will have someone who knows what he's doing.
3. Do you think the hanging of Saddam Hussein was justifiable? - Yeah. What comes around goes around, maybe show some respect and not air the hanging but he got what he desereved
With regard to the rooms in your home, are you an organized or disorganized person? Does the same go for the closets?
What are your favorite organizers for closets? Any suggestions on organizing a closet with floor to ceiling shelves? That's the one spot that stays hidden in my room, so I tend to toss my mail and keep my vitamins, etc., in there as well as my perfume, lotion and all that. I'd love to have some little organizers, baskets or something like that, but don't really know what works well.
What colors do you have in your bedroom as far as wall color and bedspread/comforter/duvet are concerned?
Alright so here's my issue. I've logged onto my apple/ itunes account multiple times and changed my email address from my old one to my new one. I then went onto itunes and bought a song to see where they would send the reciept. Lo and behold, they still sent it to my old email!
Does anyone know what I must do in order to get my email address switched?
Anyone remember the game called "Fringer"? It came with Windows 98 in a game pack with rat poker, bejeweled, minesweeper and a few other games under 'accessories' (I think).
Basically the point of it was it looked like a bunch of ropes tangled up and you had to untangle it...each time you untangled a line it would disappear until you untangled them all. Now that I don't have Windows 98 anymore (probably along with most everyone else) I can't find it anywhere.
I'm trying to post a video to YouTube or even to Myspace Videos. The size limit is 100MB. My video is 248MB. Are there ways to condense videos and make them smaller? The video is only 47 seconds so I'm not sure how it got so big. I only added a title and music to it. Anyone have any tips to make it a smaller size- under 100MB?
I finished the book a few weeks ago, and I am still extremely confused about the ending of the book. More specifically the last 3-4 chapters. What does it mean? It was a good book and all, but I feel that she really rushed the ending.
I've been raised a Christian my whole life. My wonderful, incredibly beautiful, amazing girlfriend is Mormon. Her mom doesn't care for me, and the only reason is because I'm not Mormon. Kina and I don't care, but her mother does. How do I get her to like me?
Is there anywhere I can find a comparison between the Federal Minimum Wage and the price of a Big Mac at McDonalds? (substituion of Big Mac for Whopper or similiar popular fast food item works for the question)
Background on this: I saw the news today that a Federal Minimum Wage increase has passed the House and is going to the Senate. One of the obvious potential drawbacks of a minimum wage increase is the possible increase in price of goods produced predominately by minimum wage workers to offset the decreased revenue. Fast food is predominately minimum wage workers therefore if the idea of Minimum Wage Increase = Prices Increase, prices at a major fast food chain should reflect this yes?
(Feel free to refute this logic or provide a similiar statistical data that answers the general question)
College is frustrating, especially for confused and lost students like me. So . . . I want to know:
1. Is there anyone here majoring in English or has a BA in English?
2. For those that have an English degree, what kind of job do you have right now? Is it what had you wanted?
3. Besides teaching or going to graduate school, what could you do with an English degree?
and because of a recent predicament: 4. If you lost a contact lens, and you had a choice of either wearing your old contact lens (but your eyesight has gotten worse since then so you can't really see that well from them) or glasses that make you look funny/ugly (but you can see pretty well out of them), which choice would you choose?