What's the weirdest thing you've ever got stuck in between the keys on your keyboard?
January 9th, 2007
What's the weirdest thing you've ever got stuck in between the keys on your keyboard?
2) Is there a certain number of times you usually sneeze?
3) As far as I've learned, fog comes from humidity that results from cold air meeting warm air. If this is by any chance true, why does warm defrost on a windshield work when the air outside is cold? Wouldn't that just make the windshield foggier?
4) If you could have ANY one person (and only one) of the sex you're attracted to, who would it be?
5) If you could have a free vacation anywhere right now, where would you go?
6) Do you like black licorice?
I had a blankie and sucked my thumb. My blankie ended up getting "lost" when I was little, and because I was so upset I stopped sucking my thumb.
But when is it OK to tell them? Do you do it right away, or do you wait and hope the problem fixes itself?
So if you chose to bring it up to them... what is your approach?
Any stories to share of similar situations?
2. In the UK: From which University?
3. Did having a degree/not having one help/hinder you with regards job applications?
4. In what area do you work?
EDIT: What do you think is the most famous song ever played?
Have you found any that give you a decent answer?
I have found that the famous Flying Spaghetti Monster is amazingly reliable when it comes to help finding lost items. I think I've only been let down once in the past year, and I've usually had sudden inspiration to look in a place I hadn't thought of, and found the item, within about fifteen minutes of sincere but not lengthy supplication.
So I'm sorted on the lost items, but I still need a deity to sort the rest of my life out.
Any suggestions? (I tried Jesus years ago, and found him wanting.)
2. When going up the stairs, do you take them one step at a time or two? When I'm at home, I take two, but anywhere else I take one.
3. What are you craving right now? I myself have been craving gingersnaps for forever. And now I have some. :3
4. Do mice/rats really eat cheese? Or have cartoons lied to us for our entire lives? What about bears and honey? Goats and anything?
5. How many entries do you generally have to go back on your FList to catch up with everything? I usually have to go back somewhere between 150-200 posts.
ETA: What about Wellbutrin?
2. Is this bunny cute?
Akon - Mr. Lonely
Styles P - I Get High
Kanye West - Through The Wire
Cam'Ron - Oh Boy
Jay-Z - U Don't Know
I'm trying to find more songs that use that kind of style in Hip Hop songs. Wikipedia has it in German...but the translations aren't literal. If anyone knows what I'm talking about. Please help a sista out. Thanks in advance.
You're trapped on a desert island. Who are you trapped with?
What are they wearing?
Name one item/s that washed up on shore with you two
You're allowed one piece of survival/camping gear/creature comfort
Taking into account your partner and the few items you have, what do you do with it all?
That said, would you say your similarities to people in general outweigh the differences you have with others?
If you had to say classify yourself as either different or similar to other people, which would it be? What is your reasoning behind the one you chose?
I am sick of having to discretely tuck them back in.
P.S. Does my use of "boobs" offend you? I can't take myself seriously enough to call them "breasts", for some reason.
Has anything "bad" ever happened to your eyes as a result of sleeping in your contacts?
2. I'm bi-polar, so I take medication. It seems to be making my memory worse. I just wondered if it was slowly eating away at my brain, or if it was just inhibiting it from working properly?
3. I think because of my new medication (Zoloft), my feet have been unreasonably cold. I wondered if anyone had any similar experiences, or if they knew how I could warm them up at all? Socks do not work. Neither does putting them under a blanket. I've gone to the doctors, and they did a blood test, and I'm as healthy as can be.
Sometimes I am so lost in the conversations I have.
Have you seen Brokeback Mountain? What did you think?
How often do you say it? How often is too much?
If neither of you said it for an entire day but were getting along fine, would you let it worry you?
How important is that phrase to you?
Edit: also, if someone tells you they love you, do you feel obligated to say it back? If you told someone you loved them, would you expect them to reciprocate every time (under normal circumstances)?
Brown Sugar or Honey? Honey and cream
Grapefruit or Orange? Grapefruit for eating; Orange for drinking
Links or Patties? link to me, baby
Do you like breakfast in bed with the implied laziness and intimacy, or does it become awkward after a little bit, what with wiping your mouth on the sheets and spilling juice because you keep slipping down? I love it, but only if he brings it to me and then goes away, leaving me to read the paper and eat in private.
Am I lucky as hell that I'll be registering on the second day of classes and I still managed to get a decent schedule?
Have you ever totally changed your expected major? I went from art to criminal justice with an eye towards law school, because I heard the art department here is known for the kind of bullshit I got hit with last semester.
What are you taking this semester and what is your major, or, if you're not in college, what WOULD you like to take and/or major in?
Last night it was 1009 - what's the range it can go between, and what number represents high and low?
I remember my grandfather used to have a barometer that he checked every night, but I don't recall all the information the arrows pointed to. Does anyone know the history for barometric pressure reading? and whether it was one of the first aids in meteorology?
Or, / B /...
I don't get it!
A couple of other factors:
1. He said that I didn't really seem like I wanted a boyfriend.
2. He said something about how he wouldn't want to hurt me but I can't remember what the context was.
3. I asked him a few weeks ago how does he know when it's going somewhere and he replied "It doesn't stop."
My questions are:
1. Why would he ask that? From your perspective, what does it sound like he's really trying to find out?
2. Where does anything with anyone go?
2a. How do you know when it's going "somewhere"?
2b. Is somewhere a relationship?
3. We've only been dating a month, don't you think that asking that question is slightly premature?
4. How do long-term relationships work? We don't live too far from each other and get along extremely well but I'm 22 and he works a lot. Plus, I have a lot of my other things going on (school, career, family, friends). Are we supposed to see each other every day or other day or? I'm not good at relationships. I get restless after a few months and feel like I'm being held back but I don't want to stop seeing him because he needs it to either end or go somewhere.
I haven't spoken to him since Saturday morning - the morning after we had that chat - and I'm not sure I want to. I'm kind of avoiding him because when I left his house, I felt a very "missing" kind of feeling. I felt confused and frustrated. I felt like he took something that was "high hopes but expectation free", fun & casual and turned it into something awkward.
Sigh... dating is awful.
2) do you feel sick after taking vitamins?
(yes, always. even if i eat beforehand. it makes me very reluctant to take them.)
Is it better to weigh yourself once a week, or every morning? I think once a week, my friend said that once a day is better because you can see what causes your weight to fluctuate.
What was the last thing you purchased?
Mini-golf or bowling?
Okay, I'm gonna go there:
Abortion: murder of an innocent life, or the extermination of a parasite/bunch of cells?
Knowing this, would you buy the dress and wear it? Why or why not?
EDIT: The note was not left on the dress. The store manager tore it up and threw it out. I just heard about this story through a friend.
So, long time no question! I'm going to Mexico in February. Cunningly, I speak all of three sentences' worth of Spanish, and all my phrasebook is telling me is how to complain about my room. What're some phrases that are actually going to come in handy?
ETA: Thanks for all the input. I should add that, although I can only speak three sentences, I can read a lot more. So I think my trousers will be safe.
1) You're fairly established in an IT management career. In a decent track, a good company, no real complaints. You have a BS degree.
2) You need to earn, at a minimum, something around $80,000/year to avoid significant financial hardship (i.e. having to sell your house and buy a cheaper one)
3) You've decided that despite there being no specific problems with your career, you're totally bored and dissatisfied with it and want to do something radically different.
4) You live in a large city with a diverse economy.
What are some options?
I've tried saving it as a gif and all that but the animation no longer plays like it should. What is the right way to save an animation so it continues to play?
Does it annoy you when people who eat fish (or fish and poultry) call themselves vegetarian? It really annoys me... those people are why dumbasses say things like "...but some vegetarians eat fish!! Eat the shrimp!"
EDIT: How did this post manage to start more drama/arguments/bullshit than the "who doesn't like you?!" post?!?! Geesh people.
I give my best friend and boyfriend love bites.
I'm talking about a hardtail Squier Bullet, which is basically a non-tremolo Fender Strat for 90 bucks. My amplifier is a Marshall MG100DFX combo amplifier. The question: Should I set my pickups high or low in relation to the strings and the body?
I'm trying to go for the John Frusciante sound from the album Californication (read: clean, bright, pickups are overdriven easily). Any help is appreciated.
How many children do you want to have? How many of each gender? What would you name them?
( Collapse )
The master bedroom in my apartment has windos on three walls, meaning it is quite susceptible to the changes in temperature from the outside weather. The windows are covered completely with medium weight curtains and horizontal blinds, yet it still the cold winter air is invading the room (when the rest of the house is a comfortable 65 degrees, it is about twenty degrees cooler than that in the bedroom.) Using the heater makes the rest of the house too warm, and I feel silly closing all the vents to the house for just the one room..
Any suggestions as to what I can do to warm up the bedroom?
eta: word jumbling correction
Do you have any bumper stickers on your car?
If you do, what do they say?
If you don't, do you dislike bumper stickers in general, or do you just not have a desire to have any on your vehicle?
I have a meeting with a guy in later this afternoon named Rhys and I have NO idea how to pronounce this name!Answered! Thanks everyone!
Please help - I don't want to look like a fool!
Would it be Riss, Reece, Rice...or something totally different?
EDIT: How old are you now?
What do you do when you're mad as hell?
Key west or Miami
or is it easier to just go to miami and then drive to key west?
(i currently live in central florida)
There's this guy that works in my building and sometimes i have to work with him, but i don't know how to say his name. i usually just avoid saying it but how do you pronounce this name Thinh? i'm pretty sure he's korean if that helps any
What song(s) make you cry?
do you want to be a contestant on jeopardy?
do you believe in string theory?
A real caveman would have found out who did the commercials and then speared them through the head. Not went to a therapist and put a call from his mommy on speaker.
What do you drive (make, model, year)? Who taught you how to drive?
( Collapse )
2. Are you an only child? (if you're not, do you have a picture of your sibling (s)?!) http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v190/mariilou/000_8875.jpg
3. What's for lunch? i'm having this.
You just bought some brand new, soft, matching bath towels. Someone in your house spills a drink on the carpet, and decides to use one of your new towels to soak it up. The towel is left on the floor, and your cat comes along in the night and takes a huge, nasty dump on your towel. What do you do with your new towel now?
Why is it that every time I try to crochet something square-ish that I start with something really wide at the bottom, but as I go along my square becomes narrower and narrower?
What am I doing wrong? I am new to this crocheting thing, and using a double crochet sticth.. any help please?
2- Do you find it interesting to find pieces of paper that people you don't know have written on?
3- Assuming you use your LJ as a journal, do you also keep a hand-written journal? If not, have you ever?
4- How do you write? Script, print, like a three year old learning the alphabet?
5- What's the last thing you wrote by hand?
6- When is the last time you wrote a letter to someone? (Not e-mail!)
7- Do you draw/scribble on most things you hand-write?
8- Do you have a sample of your writing for people to analyze/mock? ;)
And as usual, ( Collapse )
Chocolate? funfetti? white? yellow? french vanilla?
what's your favorite frosting?
Being in a good mood when you wake up?
Being able to function when you get out of bed?
Preferring to do things in the morning?
Getting up earlier than most people you know?
1) If you could live an entire year of blissful happiness but, at the end of that year, lose all memory of it, would you live that year of happiness?
2) Do you think the world will be a better place 100 years from now?
3) Would you rather be a member of a championship sports team, or a champion in an individual sport?
I know there was a post a few days ago about that Cocaine energy drink, and there was a thread about pregnant women not having energy drinks...
...But when I decide to get pregnant, there's no way I'll be able to give up my Starbucks and Dr Pepper... Do I have to?
Videos where people accidentally fart. Enough.
What is your favorite kind of oatmeal?
Would you rather be a mummy or a zombie?
Sometime after 2am
What's the last thing you put together?
My futon, I attempted to put together my elliptical but I will need a little help to finish it up; it's almost done though
If you had (or have) a bonus room what would you do with it?
Turn it into a home gym or a game room
Do you have any predictions or heard any predictions that you agree with? [They can be for as far off into the future as you want]
From here: the well-dressed man of 2020 will wear shorts for every occasion except formal events.
Do you have any people (or certain types of people) that are "off limits" of having a crush on? [ex. I can't have a crush on Jane because Jane is married, or I can't have a crush on Tom because he's like a little brother to me, etc]
I'm applying for a job as one right now. (Its for elementary school)
What is it like?
2. What do you consider your best physical feature Worst?
3. How much sleep do you get on an average night?
4. Assuming you have any, what are your nicknames? Are there any interesting stories behind them?
5. Do you have any daily routines? If so, what do they involve?
What would you expect to pay for the cake you're ordering? What exotic flavors would you want? Tell me about your dream cake!
Is it a good idea or completely pointless for teens with little to no prior work experience to have a resume?
Any general tips for teens looking for their first part-time job?
Mine's making out.
2 Regarding tertiary education (university, college, etc), what do you call it when you attend? Going to school/uni/college/waste of space? What do you call your individual course classes? Do you have regular large group lessons and then smaller group ones?
3 How old were you when you first discovered and/or started using the internet? How long has that been?
4 What do you think of the group Hinder? I've only just heard of them, thanks to their Lips of an Angel song.
( Collapse )
In a socitey that seems to be on par with 18th Century court life, what would be an acceptable swear word? This can be made up if you like, or an actual cuss word of the time. I am specifically looking for words to replace F*** and S***. I do use bugger in places and hell.
When are you due?
Do you know the gender?
Do you have a name/names picked out?
( Collapse )
( Collapse )
1. What Do you work out to? latley i've been working out to a mix i got in isreal...that has some junk but some good stuff on it
2. What do you eat in your cottage cheese? my other half @ work just ate pepper onn it.. i like blueberries in it
3. Have you ever gotten out of a speeding ticket? I haven't.. amazingly i should have since I was crying and hyperventilating like no other!
4. Do you look at lights to sneeze? I do
5. Do you have to look at something to burp? my bestfriend always looks at my boobs when she needs to burp
6. Whats the last book you read? I'm reading Lockerroom Diaries by leslie Goldman... ( I recommend it to all the women out there it's really intersting)
Can anyone suggest what I should try next time I go to my favorite Korean/Chinese/Japanese hybrid restaurant?
Mine would be this guy from church
he told me "God told me you think I'm sexy or something like that"
2)Have you ever used fake bake? How did you like the results?
3)What's the worst mess you've ever had to clean up?
1. Do you think you are a good driver?
2. Car A has his signal on to come over into your lane in front of you and seems to be driving well; do you let him in if you can?
3. Do you look at people around you while in the car? (Besides what is necessary to drive.)
4. If you hear a three year old say "Jesus Christ!" when they stub their toe or something that would cause an dult person to curse outloud - would you think anything of it? Why/not?
Do you think that Don Cherry should be given the Order of Canada?
My Answer: NEVER.
Are you planning on watching the new show, "Little mosque on the prairie" tonight?
My Answer: DEFINITELY, dad's recording it and it looks hilarious, so it's a deff.
2. If yes; what brand?
3. For what reasons do you drink energy drinks?
4. How often?
5. Do you feel any effects once you drink energy drinks?
6. Do you believe energy drinks really give you energy?
We're sorry, but Gmail is temporarily unavailable. We're currently working to fix the problem -- please try logging in to your account in a few minutes.
I've been getting that message since 10am.
1. Is this a totally lame song or totally awesome?
2. What's your worst earworm at the moment (song you can't get out of your head)?
1. Totally awesome, of course.
2. This one!
What's your favortie Disney Quote?
Stitch: This is my family. I found it, all on my own. It's little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
From Lilo and Stitch
2. If so was it new?
3. If it was new what happened?
4. What is/are your favorite Broadway play/s?
Mine is Lion King, Beauty and the Beast, RENT.
5. What is/are your favorite city/cities?
Mine is New York and Boston
Or has anyone else listened to music while in the shower while stoned?
If not, I highly recommend it!
I won 50 dollars last week.
The Donald or Rosie?
( Collapse )
Imagine you have an SO even if you don't have one.
And does anyone know if there's an exact date for his new album release? It's supposed to be "spring", but that doesn't mean much to me.
I'm thinking about going to the library tomorrow .. what book should I take out?
I want to see how many people favor the same.
What's your favourite APC song? I've only heard their cover of Imagine, and it's amazing, and I wanna listen to more but I just have nowhere to start. Are most of their songs in that type of style or was that something different for them?
Same question for Disturbed fans- I've only heard Shout 2000 and it's currently my favourite song, everything about the song is amazing. So what's your favourite Disturbed song, and is Shout 2000 like the rest of their music?
Also- who likes Fatal Bazooka-Fous Ta Cagoule?
Do you know what it means?
I love that song so much, and I only decided to read the lyrics last night (they rap too fast for me to understand) and omg I'm sure it is the stupidest song I have ever heard, ever. Which makes me love it so much more, and laugh like crazy every time I hear it. Which was really fun on the train today.
Should I watch an old classic (Star Wars, The 'burbs, Biodome or Starship Troopers)
Something I haven't watched yet (Gossip, Anatomie, Taxi Driver or Assault on Precinct 13 [original])
A few episodes of a TV show (The Young Ones, Supernatural, Prison Break or Firefly)
It pisses me off...whenever someone asks me if I have aim, I say "yeah, I have A-I-M!" It just annoys me to no end!
Mine are still up. I am lazy. I suppose I will take them down this weekend.
If there is a commander of a space ship (or any ship for that case), what would the workers which the commander is commanding be called?
Edit: Rather than a whole group of workers, how would the commander adress one single worker? lol
Edit: Nevermind - found a link on the actual Gaim site that is from last August saying a lot of people have had this problem with MSN. They released a beta that solves the problem, and it works wonderfully.
Like that guy is really OLD....
How old are you now?
I'm Dutch and it seems foreigners think we all do drugs, haha
mine:tulane university of new orleans
1) whats your gender?
2) when was the last time you cried?
3)why were you crying?
make me laugh... come on.
EDIT: thanks to all the posts, you are indeed making me laugh.
What are you having for dinner?
tonight i'm ACTUALLY having tator tot hotdish!!! and I'm thinking a Cruzan Rum and coke (http://www.cruzanrum.com/tropical-coconut.asp)
lastnight I ended up having hamburgers with my parents.. and greenbeans and a piece of italian bread and apple crisp.
Makes me feel jealous that my boyfriend is out with *my* friends, lol.
I just got my first two Betta fish! The only problem is..........I seem to kill fish just by existing. And this is mostly because I love fish, I buy them, I don't know how to take care of them, and then they die.
So, you people with Betta experience, what do you think the best food is? How often do you change the water in your tank? What temperature do you keep the tank at (if you keep it a certain temp)?
The reason I'm asking is because there are so many companies throwing propaganda at me, and I'd like a response from the people who have actually had experience with these fish.
1a. If so, who was your favorite character for battle? (The choices being Rikku, Yuna or Paine.)
1b. Who was your favorite main character overall (personality-wise)?
1c. Who was your favorite NPC, out of Baralai, Nooj, or Gippal?
2. If you, surrounded by all of your friends and family, knew you were about to die, what would your last words be?
3. Who do you consider your real best friend - your significant other or the person you called "best friend" before them?
I was born in St. Petersburg, Russia, and moved to the US when I was almost 9. I went back this December for my grandmother's 70th birthday (I'm 16 now). We stayed in a little town in the south, near the Azov sea, not where I grew up, so I did not have many memories of it, but the one thing I noticed was that everything seemed a lot smaller than it did when I spent my summers there. Also, everything was a dreary sort of gray. What was especially depressing was how the main street, Karl MArx Boulevard was this nice, commercial sort of place, but if you walked a block or so away from it, all the people lived in these horrid, run down shacks. The whole experience was pretty sad.
The people there were a lot different, too. Walking down the street, if I met anyone's eyes there was always a nervous/scared, suspicious, unfriendly look in them, and it made everyone's face look really hard and closed. Everyone basically looked like they were trying to get from point A to point B in the shortest amount of time possible. When I was walking around with some friends I made there, they even pointed out that the first thing they noticed about me was that I had a very open face, not something they usually saw in the people of that town.
1. Have you ever taken drugs?
2. If so, what kind?
3. Why did you take them?
4. Do you or did you ever want to quit?
2. What is on the inside of your refrigerator?
If possible, post a picture!
Oh, and does anyone you know call their refrigerator a "Frigidair" ?
There a term in literature which means that the weather is enforcing/parallelling moods of the characters.
Like rain when someone is sad, or a Tempest when everyone's angry in Wuthering Heights.
Theres a word for it, and I think theres a dertivitive of the word "empathy" or "sympathy" in there.
Please help. I don't know how to go about looking for it, and its driving us nuts.
I felt really bad about it and actually started crying.
Friend's dad made it worse by saying it was "irreplacable."
However, they told me "not to worry about it" and it was "fine."
Just now, over a week later, my friend hit me up on the internet for money.
It is apparently custom-made and probably worth a few thousand dollars.
Is this rude? Should I even consider paying for the thing?
Should I be offended or upset, or am I totally off-base?
Would your opinion change if you knew his dad was very wealthy, and I am a college student with no income to speak of?
(good times at a shabby pizza place in my hometown)
Favorite arcade game?
1. What are the chances of one of you knowing the location to this comic? It's about this guy (An emperor) and he has a bird, but he gets a clockwork bird, and I /think/ the clockwork bird stops working and he gets ill and the original bird comes back. Something like that. All I remember is it had /stunning/ artwork.
2. Whats your favourite dance scene of all time? For me, it's a toss up between the end of lord of the dance (The tap dancing one), where everyone get's in line, and the Rue-Ahiru swan lake fight dance on the lake in Princess Tutu. Bonus points for youtube link.
3. Who here is lacking talent in everything they try?
I can't stand "turgid." "Bucolic" irritates me. And "dickering" is actually pretty funny. There are way more, I just can't think of any off the top of my head.
Oh yeah. "Libation."
does anyone experience these or know why they happen or how to get rid of them? i've heard maybe it could be a potassium or other vitamin/mineral deficiency.
What was the clip, or do you have a link?
Did you win anything?
2. Do you like Sherlock Holmes stories?
Which way do you use the expression "fuckin' a"?
Have you heard it both ways?
If you've only heard it one way (you can still check this if you answered "both" to the first question), which way is that?