I think it's time to start some new baseless racial and cultural stereotypes and rumors. Check the new stereotypes or rumors you think should be passed on to society at large
I'm an hour west of Toronto and it seems like half the people around are sick. I'm getting over pneumonia, and was told today I have pertussis (sp?). My dad's really sick, one of my coworkers had that norowalk virus thing, a couple of the girls I coach in hockey are sick.
So TQCers, what are your favorite Nintendo DS games?
Which Nintendo DS games do you wish you never bought?
a) have passionate "love making" complete with kissing and touching and all that nice stuff.
b) get rammed like a hooker. no more explanation needed.
option a please :) Im so lame.
Have you ever heard your parents.. you know.. doing it ?!?! ::giggle::
No, my parents divorced when I was 5. So if I ever did, I didnt know it.
Anddd. Favorite non conventional place to get it on.
Kitchen counter =] Im not lame all the time.
2. did you ever have to call them up?
3. good or bad experience? please describe!
I worked for them a while back, so if you have any questions about them i'll be happy to answer1
Does anyone have that icon with the green dinosaur and the tiny picture of Pete Wentz that says something along the lines of "Let's be friends" "No, Pete Wentz"?
And speaking of funny icons - what's the funniest one you've seen?
Yes. The movie came out about three weeks after my douchebag pilot exboyfriend left me, so I have a special place in my heart for snakes on planes.
2. What are some of the TQC Typically Asked a Billion Times a Day questions that you know of?
IPOD QUESTIONS, WOO.
if so is it a good place?
I am planing to take Entertainment Business Management, basically I want to be an agent to a band or star or something in that field. is their any schools anyone can recommend for that? Canadian or American.
are you or anyone you know doing the job i want to do?
No seriously, why are iPods and everything iPod-related such pieces of crap?!
MY QUESTION IS what book would you recommend for somebody to read if they were depressed, down on life, and needing something to help them pull through? I was thinking the book Way of the Peaceful Warrior.
2. What do you do with underwear (panties, boxers, thongs) that, for whatever reason, you just don't want anymore? I myself just throw them away, because I don't know why anyone else, barring stalkers, would want my secondhand underwear.
Google has yielded nothing helpful**, so I thusly ask: Might anyone have any idea what that was about?
(** I will say that "seeing blue out of one eye" is a difficult thing to google well.)
2. How old are you?
3. What foods can't you stand?
4. What's the coolest prank?
5. Do you like posts with one question with a long back story or posts with many questions that have nothing to do with each other?
1. I was in a big room with lots of beds. My close friends were there, and a lot of my lj friends (some from this comm, some from the colbert report comm) but everyone was their icons, even the ones who i've seen/seen pictures of. we were all eating from a large cake. it was strawberry flavored and my dad got mad.
3. bananas. and ketchup. i've started telling people i just meet that i'm allergic to bananas so they'll stop saying "omgzzzzz bananas are awesome. here eat this one and you'll love them forever..."
4. Either saran wrapping someone's car from top to bottom, with baloney and silly string underneath (apparently it eats at paint if left on long enough) or smearing poop on the underside of someone's car door handles.
5. Those are pretty much the only 2 posts I make. I love posts with many questions with nothing to do with each other.
2. After you wake up, do you brush your teeth before you eat/drink something? Or do you eat/drink, and then go brush the teeth? Anyone brush before and after? Anyone not brush at all?
3. Approximately how long has your current Internet session been so far?
TQC and ONTD. That 50books challenge book on Spotlight started taking up so much I had to leave it!
Has anyone majored/minored in any of the following subjects? If so, what are your thoughts on them?
My current majors are Art and Humanities, but I've been thinking of switching to English with a minor in Classics.
Does anyone know what one studies to become either a fashion historian or a pop culture historian and where these classes/majors are offered?
Er, no, that'd be why I'm asking. I've seen people labeled as such on documentaries on TV and such, but I have no clue how to go about becoming one, which is something I'd like to look into.
What's your theme song in general?
Fear of Dying by Jack Off Jill is mine.
What is the best way to start independently studying philosophy?
No clue. When the new semester starts, I'll be taking some philosophy courses, but I'd like to study it on my own as well. I really want to start now, but I have no idea how to begin. Help?
I can only purchase one of the two at the moment, and I'm not sure which is better to work on first.
edit-i use my computer mainly for music, word processing, photos/photoshop, and the internet.
edit-i decided to get more RAM, after reading that flaxen_curls said this: "Do you find your computer getting slow at everything, or do you find you're always having to delete stuff so you can make room for new stuff?"
i only have 256 MB of RAM (lol i'm embarrassed), but around 8 gigs of HD space left, so I think I can work on the RAM first
1) Why do most people root for the underdogs?
2) Is it a cultural or universal thing?
3) Any particular case wherein you wouldn't root for the underdog?
4) Have you ever been the underdog in a particular situation?
i don't know what to do. should i still stay friends with her and try to continue to help her? or should i just forget it because i know she'd choose drugs over me?
what do i say to her to try and make her stop? i've said everything i could think of. we've even had crying fests together but i guess that doesn't mean anything.
thanks in advanced.
keep in mind my friend is only fourteen and has a line of addictions in her family.
1) What are you currently reading?
2) Anyone in the community seen Donnie Darko? (I'm assuming alot, but just asking). I'm interested in seeing it, but I haven't before. ;;
3) Last movie you saw?
4) Favourite author?
5) The worst/most unique name you know of?
No, and frankly, I'm scared to. I heard it has some nasty side effects if you drink it in excess, and that it can cause your throat to burn and your hands to shake. there are even some rumors in my school about kids who drank it before gym and basically went ape shit in gym class. Also, I heard it is illegal in the state of New York...I'm not sure if I beleive it though.
I have soooo many....
- I can't sleep in my own bedroom if someone else has been in there, and if someone else stays in my bed, it'll take me atleast a week to get used to their presence.
- If i see a dirty dish, i have to clean it straight away or i can't sit still until i do.
and i almost always have to have music playing. if it's quiet, i start to fidget....
i was asked about my compulsions, and when you really start to think about it... the list gets soooo long..
What are your opinions on the parents' decision?
( Collapse )
Edit: Alright, someone pointed out that it was asked the other day, but I must have missed it. So you all can just ignore this question if you have already answered the other one. :)
1. What is the proper way to refer to this decade? I mean, you've got the 80's, the 90's, so what is this?
2. What sort of dishsoap do you use?
3. Do you like citrus scented dish soaps?
4. Do you remember your dreams?
5. How often do you have "nightmares"
6. What did you dream last night?
7. Do you feel your dreams are significant/meaningful in your waking life?
( Collapse )
Google is failing me right now, and I want to do a little more research on what was prescribed for my cat. I have a general idea of what each thing does, but a little more knowledge can't hurt. If anyone is a vet tech or well versed in these, the medications she has now are;
Clavamox (Amoxicillin trihydrate/clavulanate potassium)
Butorphanol Tartrate (Torbutrol)
The bolded are what appears on her medication.
What are your beliefs? What does the religion mean to you? Are you vegetarian?
Would it upset you if I edited my post, deleted your comments, and then deleted the entry because I didn't get the responses I wanted?
Where does wind come from?
Where did the stereotype that dogs like bones and cats like fish/tuna come from?
What are your plans for today?
Why the fuck won't my husband get up? He's been asleep for almost 12 hours, and no, he wasn't drunk or anything.
Reggae On The River 2007. Are you going? Have you heard of this concert? If you are going, why?
2. Have you ever been called a racial slur? Not as a joke between friends, but somebody who meant it to insult you. What was it?
Why? Do you need to get e-laid?
"He has filled the bellies of bachelors and bachellorettes (and many others) the world over many billions of times, and we all owe him a debt of gratitude".
Can we have a moment of silence?
Oh and the person is not a virgin because of religious views or because their waiting for marriage or anything, they just never got into a relationship before where they felt ready/comfortable enough. It's purely just circumstance and personal choice to make sure the relationship was worth it and not some quickie thing.
If you think one should limit the aspects legally alterable, which would you allow or disallow?
2- First console you ever had as a kid? Or... ever, if you were one of those deprived kids. :(
3- Current pile of video games in need of playing?
4- Do you play the Sims (any series) just to torture the Sims?
5- If you play the Sims (2!) at all, what is your fave cheat? (Noo, not asking to get ideas, why would you think that?! ;P)
6- Do you find it hard to complete any games? Which one(s)?
7- What game would to recommend to anyone? :)
My ( Collapse )
When I say "lounge lizard" what do you picture? As in "Dwyane was a lounge lizard" or "Spanky's was full of lounge lizards that night."
But what was the point of it? I didn't understand anything.
i mean the movie version where a detective meets a lady whose husband/fiance/boyfriend fell on her while he committed suicide and he uses her to try and find out why everyone's been committing suicide lately. also, there's a girlgroup singing about mailboxes.
Question 2 behind cut...( Collapse )
I can think of four people: katyism, jennana, fiercerose, and I don't think I've seen disorderata around here lately either.
ETA: Oh! And that girl who used to be "ladybug4789" and then she changed her username and I don't remember what it is now.
This question is kind of morbid but I will ask anyway. For those of us whose grandparents have all passed on, how old were you when the last one died? The first one (anyone can answer that one)?
I was 18 when the last one died, and -15 when the first one died. (Yes, that's a negative sign. He died 15 years before I was born.) I am 23 now.
and i need them for something... so if you find them/know them
that would be fantastic :)
Are you afraid of people dressed up as characters? If you're not now, were you as a child?
Is seanutbutter going to use this as an example of why Disneyland is better than Disneyworld?
When your pickle jar lid is stuck, how do you get it off?
what would she likely list for her interests
2. also, does anyone else here get tanned way too easily in the summer? no amount of sunscreen will prevent this. i've mostly just settled with avoiding the sun as much as possible. does getting easily tanned mean my skin will get leathery later on?
What are some good links that explains how to do a correlation test (for statistics)?
Or maybe some links that give a sample of what a well-ran experiment should look like.
Or, what are active forums that specifcally deal with statistics or homework help?
Are there other bizarre racial stereotypes and misconceptions about female genitalia?
We always hear the ones about penises (certain races being supposedly larger or smaller than average, or being shaped unusually), but never the ones about female anatomy.
My mom does. It's weird.
1a)Late for lectures, miss lectures/tutorials etc and cram study at exams?
b)Turn up on time, study all the time, no going out etc?
I'm definately the former because I just can t get motivated enough tostudy all year.
2) Does anyone in this community love Scotland?
3)If you do, what do you love about it?
My answer: I always close it out of habit and then realize it's pointless, but then I feel uncomfortable if I leave the it open, so it stays shut.
It made me laugh pretty damn hard.
So far, I've decided on "Screaming Mimis" which is a retro, funky, vintage, flashy clothing store (which should tell you what kind of stores/fashion I'm into)
and "Houwing Works Used Books Cafe". Which is a used book store and cafe if you couldn't tell by the title.
I'm also really interested in some unknown/underground type music, so any stores that have relatively unknown singers/bands I'd like to know about.
Money is key,I don't have a lot to spend, so no Vera Wang or Macy's please.
So, to put it into question format, what are some really great places to shop at in NYC that you think I'd like?
EDIT: If you have any knowledge of where the store is, it is greatly appreciated. :) Also, I'm a teenage boy if that matters, just so you know not to put any stores meant for women or kitchen supplies or anything.
2. Why or why not?
3. What country do you live in?
1. Does anyone like to really really really (not overstating) go on random long trips, at random times, and at random times of life?
I'm asking this because my friend and I went to Portree, Skye all the way from Glasgow on Tuesday Morning at 1.00am and came straight back again and will be planning many more.
I love randomness-es
2. What's the best way to get rid of blackheads?
( Collapse )
Obviously my dad is into more stuff than my mom is =P
Jater-someone that wants Jack and Kate together as a romance.
Skater-someone that wants Sawyer and Kate together as a romance.
I am a Jater. JATE IS FATE! :D
If you were stuck on an island, what would be the top 5 movies you would bring with you?
The Money Pit (it's hysterical!)
The Notebook (Such a lovely love story!)
Titanic (so sad!)
Pirates of the caribbean 1 (funny, hot and awesome!)
50 first dates (funny and cute!)
Again, if you were stuck on an island what show and what seasons would you bring?
Me: LOST season 1 and 2, and an upcoming seasons. :D
When someone breaks one of the golden rules, do you actually get upset?
Do you have a hard time sleeping at night after someone has posted twice in a row?
Are you off your feed when GAWD FORBID someone deletes a post?
Do you become irregular when someone asks for homework help?
What office supply do you steal the most of?
[Edit] I'm told it might be Chinese, but since the only thing I recognize period looks like "onna" I really have no idea.
( Collapse )
Pump Up The Volume on DVD.
2. Do you have any negative/neutral feedback? If so, why?
3. What are the main types of items you buy off eBay?
T-shirts & video games.
4. Do you browse eBay when you're bored?
Yep, then make myself leave the computer when I'm trying to choose between 5 things to buy that I really can't afford.
5. Do you impulse buy on eBay?
Yes, quite a lot. I really need to stop that.
Two problems though. I am large, so little earrings look silly on me, and second, in order to wear this, I would have to get my ears re-pierced since my ears have closed from NOT wearing jewelry.
Would you return the earrings? Or re-pierce and wear them at least once? (The next time I see my brother)
If so, does he use it?
2) Do you prefer people to be blunt and honest or do you prefer them to say essentially the same thing but sugar-coat it?
3) What's the strangest compliment/comment someone has said in regards to your appearence?
( Collapse )
Does anyone have step-parents? If so, how well do you get along with them?
(Example, I could never think of my stepmother as a relative, for some reason, the bond we have is our friend/enemy, if that makes sense)
Every day, without fail. If I'm away from home my parents mail them to me or save them until I get back.
2. Are you sad that Fox Trot is now Sunday only?
3. What are your favorite webcomics?
I'm looking for some new ones.
4. What are your favorite newspaper comics?
Calvin and Hobbes, Zits, Pearls Before Swine and Frazz are among the top.
5. Least favorite?
I really can't stand Marmaduke, or Fred Basset. I HATE them.
6. Do you cut out the comics that you like and save them?
I used to do that all the time, but I'm trying to be less of a packrat so I rarely do it anymore.
7. What word do you use to describe comics? Funnies or anything like that?
I fricking hate them both.
Acceptable reasons for punching someone in the face
Acceptable reasons for touching yourself
Acceptable reasons for loving Disneyland
My mother was married 6 times!
edit: question has been answered
The fact that you can have a diamond made from your loved one's cremated remains... weird or awesome?
( Collapse )
2) What did you guys think of The Descent?
Does anyone have any idea what I'm talking about? My girlfriend really wants a shirt she saw a character wear on one of her shows, and I'd like to see if I can find it.
EDIT: Answered, thanks!
have you ever watched a really stupidly pointless programme on tv just 'cause you couldn't bring yourself to get up and find the remote?
kinda clichéd but, what do you think about soul mates? do you think it's just wishful thinking or that there genuinely is someone out there for everybody?
As it is, with me not working at all right now, I feel I rarely get to see my husband (whom I married because, yanno, I want to hang out with him the rest of my life). The position is 40 hours a week, Monday through Friday. Normally I'd be jumping for joy, except my husband is in the restaurant industry. :( This means he is almost 100% gauranteed to work the weekends. Which means we'd have a really tough time seeing each other if those were my two days off. As far as working around it, I know now I would hate it if our time was cut even shorter.
However, we were in an accident in late September, which is why I lost my old job, so we could really use the money. (Especially the amount they're already tossing around in conversations with me.) So I am torn. I'd like your opinions on what you think the best coarse of action is, to give me a broader picture. Also, would it be incredibly bad form of me to ask for time to think it over if they do offer me the position? How long is acceptable and how would I word it. I only apply for jobs I think I'm well suited for, so I've never turned one down.
Crack whore (yeah I stole it from Norm McDonald)
How much do you think your typical porn actor/actress makes? How much if the film involves scat or is some other 'niche' fetish?
Why does my geo. prof hate me? Who demands the looseleaf edition of a textbook when there are hardbound and paperbacks? (yes, it's cheaper. no, i cannot sell it back)
Well, my flight has been delayed, and is not taking off until midnight! I won't get into Heathrow until 2:15 in the afternoon!
What is the longest delay you have experienced? What caused the delay?
2. The attendant said it was a mechanical error in Dublin, so the flight was delayed getting here. Do you think they are still using the same plane with the error, or do they switch vessels?
3. There is a restroom roughly 20 feet away from where I am seated, and there is indeed a baby changing area. A mother just changed her toddler's diaper right on the floor by me.
As a parent, would you do that? Just change the baby right on the floor without a mat or anything?
4. There is an electronics store in the airport, what game should I buy for my Nintendo DS? I already have The Sims 2
5. If a kid keeps whizzing past you obnoxiously on his sneaker skates, would you stick out your foot and trip him?
I do! Usually I freeeze and say "AWKWARD!" and the other person shifty eyes me and briskly trots away. Trots. Like a horse.
2) Have you seen Everything is Illuminated? Yes? Fav. quote?
"My bitch is my eyes."
Okay, so my question is!
Tax-wise: what month is the best to move?
They had this lady, she was a tax consultant or something, on GMA, a loooong time ago, and she said that there was a month that was good to move, tax-wise.
I need to know because I'm 24 (almost 25), and still live at home, but wanting to move within the near (the nearer the better) future.
I just worry about it tax-wise, cause, like anyone else, I REALLY don't want to have to OWE the gubment moneys. :(
Oh, and if it helps anythang, I live in Missoura.
danke in advance.
EDIT: if there is, have you ever been in it?
Personally, I think they should bring back Hey Arnold for syndication. It was a great show and was canceled before it's time.
(I keep slamming things into my various limbs. Dropped a HUGE bottle of conditioner on my foot yesterday, and now I have a huge lump and bruise on my foot. i JUST NOW slammed my hand into my desk, and cut myself. BAH)
just humour me on this...
if public executions were still legal (and free) -
1. what singer/songwriter/band (any genre music) would you like to see hung or stoned or guillotined?
2. why that particular musical genius(es)?
3. what singer/band does your SO/bestfriend totally love that you simply cannot stand?
after discussing this at length and w/him shouting from the livingroom - phil said,
"and NEW KIDS ON THE BLOCK, they sang dat dat dat dat, dat dat dat dat, but you know they really didn't mean it...."
So I am creating a few FAKE MYSPACES for a skit, is there any way I can get some FILLER friends for them real fast?
( Collapse )
So, I ask you, women and men -
1.) Do you ever get this/have heard of this?
2.) Of those who DO know of this sort of thing with people, is it mostly heavier women who get this?
I'm just kind of curious to know if I'm a freak here.
Also - if you think this should be behind a cut for weird explicitness or deleted for being a stupid question, I'll do it.
Yes! I just missed out on seeing them in 3rd grade, and I cried about it for like a month.
Where do you put the boogers that you pick?
Do you have an easy button?
What is the absolute worst thing about moving?
2. What is El Barrio and it's significance?
3. How do you make rice and beans? Where are you from?
4. Why does shit happen?
do you have a certain thing you drink every time you know you want to Get Drunk?
i drink a certain cheap, local wine when i know it's Drinking Time
b. Have you noticed any theme in their lyrics?
c. What do you think of the first song?
2. Why is the title of the movie spelt the Pursuit of Happyness?
Why do they spell happiness incorrectly? or is that how americans spell it?
3a. Have you ever stolen anything? if so, what?
4. Have you ever had a password that was like "i love ___"?
1. What does a salute mean?
2. Can a superior salute an inferior?
3. Can a civilian salute a soldier?
4. Can a soldier salute a civilian?
5. Is there any difference for cross-branch salutes? For example, a Navy SEAL saluting a Marine?
6. In what situations are salutes most likely?
2. Favourite joke from Family Guy?
3. Favourite Eric Clapton song?
4. Directed to straight guys only: what little things does a girl do that makes them attractive in your eyes?
5. Harry will die in HP7, agree or disagree?
If not, are your teeth still straight?
Oh, and I am using a proxy.
2. How much?
3. Does your SO care?
4. Have they gained weight? If so, how much?
5. Does it bother you?
So, I have a few questions:
1) What is your religious affilliation. If you have none, "atheist" or "agnostic" are appropriate responses.
2) What do you think Christians believe?
3) Do you think most Christians believe pretty much the same stuff?
4) What political issues do you think most Christians see as important?
5) Do you think most Christians think pretty much alike about these issues?
6) If you know, how did you develop your views of Christians/Christianity?
[Inspired by this post. Funny, I didn't realize this was an AMA post. I'll leave it here anyways. TQC is more active these days.]
When I was in first or second grade, I was learning all of the states. Whenever my family would go to Mexican restaurants (which was quite frequently) I would take the tortilla chips and bite them into the shapes of the various states. Yes, I was a strange child.
( Collapse )
My question, to justify this post.
1. How come only the peanut gets promoted to other culinary treats, like peanut brittle and peanut butter?
2. Who does pecan gotta blow to get some respect in the confection biz?
3. If peanut is the Michael Jackson (only successful member) of the tree nut Jackson 5, who would be Tito in this scenario? Walnut or almond?
4. And lastly, who would be Latoya?
How do you finish the sentence?