Exactly how long is Longcat?
(I don't plan on doing that; it's just a random thought. ETA: My birthday is not January 3rd/4th)
2. Do you think it's lame to plan your wedding date on the day of your (dating) anniversary?
(I don't think it's necessarily lame; I've always wanted to get married in May, and if I ever marry my boyfriend, I'd try for our anniversary. It's in May anyway, and I'd rather it be the 11th than a random date like the 29th or something.)
3. What are your (regular) days off at work?
(I have Wednesdays off.)
I'm mainly concerned with getting a hotel within walking distance of all these things.
1. What are your thoughts on this situation as a method of discipline? How do you feel towards the mother and the child after reading this?
2. Do you believe this event could have harmed the child emotionally or psychologically?
3. Is it logical for the child to now believe that if s/he does something to make the parents mad, they can conveniently get rid of him/her?
Sooo...how did you spend New Years Eve?
My A: The Supremes, Destiny's Child, TLC, Spice Girls, and pretty much all those old 50's and 60's girl groups or solo females who had that sound.
Is it likely to backfire and cause other problems with eating?
Have you ever gotten hypnosis in an attemp to change a behavior? Did it work?
If so, what device you carry? I have a Kappa 700 D myself.
Are any of you gamers aswell? I'm looking into how wireless gaming affects people with these devices.
Has your condition kept you from owning a Nintendo Wii? I can feel some adverse effects from the signals the Wii remote emits, but I don't think they are too dangerous. What are your thoughts on this?
What do you do or say, if anything?
2.) What kind of monitor are you looking at this on (brand, size, etc), and what is your screen resolution?
3.) Do you yahoo?
I've heard from a reliable source that Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around.
edit: 4.) when you make a joke and nobody gets it, do you take the time to explain it, or just let it go?
Why is life so black and cold that I have feel pain to feel anything at all and cry while listening to AFI?
I have a choice of the following for dinner tonight. What would you get?
- Diner take-out
If you ask a cop "Are you a cop?" and they say "yes" before you commit the crime, can you just leave and not be arrested?
Does the notice period for an employer begin the day you intend to tell them of your departure, or the day you actually can tell them?
Is a two week notice, in your opinion, a courtesy or a requirement (no contract is signed)? If you knew that you would get a glowing recommendation from your employer regardless of the two week notice, would you still give it?
If you could get paid salary for the whole month from both employers by working every evening and weekend waking hour, would you do it? (Edit to clarify...I don't need the extra money - it truly would just be extra)
No, at least not openly
I can't stand mine, she keeps hounding me to have kids. Every time I see her, she's on my case.
My natural biological clock is 3:30pm to 5:30am. I am a natural nightshift worker. A nocturnal creature. Etc.
I have to go back to 10am to 11pm. Starting tonight.
And yes, honey and milk is already on the list.
Last night we drove by "All About You Hair Cuts."
I find them amusing =)
At least this is not about iPods *winks*
I got a Creative Zen 4 GB Plus for Christmas and I have a couple of questions.
I would like to connect my MP3 player to the stereo on my car and the only thing I can find at the stores is a FM Transmitter and I hate those things. It took me forever to try to find a station that would play my music so I gave up and returned the FM transmitter to the store. I wanted to ask what y'all use to listen to music on your MP3 player in your car?
Also do you know of any good websites where I can download songs for a low price. I don't want any of those websites where I have to pay a subscription fee every month.
Thanks so much!!
and because no one really gives a rat's about my relationship:
2. what part of your job do you dislike the most? which one of your duties really drives you up the wall regardless of how much you like your job overall? my job is okay although monotonous, but i'm in charge of a huge spreadsheet of contact info for optical places and it makes me stabby.
3. have you smelled that peppermint stuff that bath & body works has right now, and if so, did you like it? i got some for christmas and i can't decide how i feel. one note in its favor is that i tried it last night and it made me feel all tingly. i'm generally a fan of the mint, though.
4. what, would you say, is the best thing about being the age you are now? the worst?
5. does cheesecake go well with chocolate?
6. what was your favorite toy as a little kid [age six or seven maybe]?
7. what are you known for, among family, friends, coworkers, or anyone?
If my left nostril is the clear one, I have to sleep on the left side so that later on my right nostril can clear up. I do this all night until I am dead sleepy and don't care anymore.
What can I do? I don't get to go to the doctor when any little problem happens because I have no medical insurance so is there something wrong with me or can this easily be fixed with say, a nose spray? I don't know what this is so I don't know what to go buy from the drug store.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
When you're sleeping next to your S.O. and you're close enough to feel them breathing, close enough to feel their breathing pattern, do you change your breathing so that your breathing is in sync with your partner's, do you change yours up so that it doesn't match, does it make you uncomfortable, or do you not notice/not care?
Me, I quickly take notice of it and I hate it. I try to breathe normally but I can't for whatever reason so I either make it the same or make it different. This gets on my nerves and I can't sleep right for a few minutes on top of the reason stated above.
2. and when making enchiladas?
3. what's your favourite mexican dish?
4. have you ever made tamales?
5. if so - what ingredients do you use?
2. The shirt you're wearing.. does it say anything on it? DUKE. *nanabooboo thegreatone0381
3. How's your day going so far? it's going good.
4. If you're at work, what's the last thing someone just said (that's standing/sitting around you)? 'it doesn't matter how much it'll cost, i'll pay the bill'.
"I'm in ur ______, _____in' ur _____z!"
It seems like suddenly everyone has an icon with some version of that phrase on it. Yes, they are usually amusing, but it is quickly getting overplayed . . . don'cha think?
What was it like? What was the topic?
Mashed with butter, brown sugar, and walnuts.
When you wear tights/hose do you wear underwear with them? I'm talking about hose that comes up to your waist.
I always have, but my boyfriend told me it's a faux pas.
EDIT: My boyfriend founds some websites saying "underwear with pantyhose is only considered acceptible when it does not have a built in cotton crotch or control top" and that underwear should be worn with fishnets. But according to what you all have said, it looks like real people like their underwear!
Oh, and what is your favorite "im in ur ______, ________ ur ________" icon?
What kind of shoes are good for this? I'm looking at some Earth shoes, and there was some other kind the salesman showed me, but I can't remember that name...
Does my icon make you hungry?
2. What are some energizing, happy songs that are good to excercise to?
Whether it be actual coding put into the style sheet, or just a link to an HTML file that contains the links, I don't care. it would have to work that I could have it repeat on every page I want, without having to put the coding on every page. I'm losing my miiiind...
I've been looking all over the internet, and I'm confused and sad. I'm about to resort to using frames. FRAMES, I tell you!
If you could ban any icon type or subject matter, what would it be? Personally, I'm really tired of seeing Daniel Craig's bulge in tight swim trunks.
( Collapse )
02. How would you define your clothing style?
03. What are your favourite clothing stores?
04. Do you follow fashion trends?
05. Which celebrity female do you think has the best fashion sense?
06. Which celebrity male do you think has the best fashion sense?
07. Which celebrity female do you find the most physically attractive?
08. Which celebrity male do you find the most physically attractive?
09. When someone is 'checking you out', how do you react? Do you like the attention?
10. Are you content with your appearance? Do you think you are above average?
11. What do you like most about your physical appearance? Least?
12. Do you like getting your photo taken? Why or why not?
13. What is the difference between cute and sexy, to you? Which are you? Which would you rather be?
14. Do you like your body? Why or why not?
15. Do you like the condition of your skin? What do you do to keep it looking good/improve it?
16. Do you realize how much photoshopping goes into the models you see in magazines?
17. Do you look much different than you did this time last year? What has changed?
18. What are some cosmetic lines that DO NOT test on animals?
All the people on my friend's list are people I know in real life. Reading their journals is ok, but it's mostly stuff that I already know. What journals do you read daily/semi-regularly? Do you want to friend me?
ETA: What words do you always spell wrong?
I'm running into a lot of people from my past (through facebook) and some are people who have really screwed me over in the past, but after talking with and catching up with them, they seem genuine and nice .. I'm just having trouble trusting them because I know what they've done in the past, and I know what they're capable of, and I can't imagine them just completely changing.
What would you do if you found out someone you're interested in is a big beleiver in abstinence? Would you start a relationship with someone who doesn't want to have sex until they are married? What are your thoughts on abstinence in general?
Assuming that each question would have around 10 check boxes, how many questions would you like to see per poll?
Would you prefer the poll to be behind a cut-tag?
I know people can be lazy or unwilling to use their mouse buttons more than they have to. If I put the poll behind a cut, would you bother to fill out the poll? Be truthful
With the exception of yesterday's baby slave question, do you like my polls?
If a tree falls in the woods and nobody's around, who hears it?
I have been away from the internet on 4800 bps dialup for the last two weeks. What did I miss? Anything I should know about? How was your holiday vacation?
If your answer is 3, I will resist the urge to beat you over the head.
2 for me. I've been brought up on it. First saw it when I was just a wee lil kiddie, probably 7 or 8 & it's easily my favourite movie.
I just tried to look up what a used 2005 Prius would be, and Kelley Blue Book didn't have Prius option at all.
Anyone know where I could get that information? It's got about 10K miles
How much is from school loans?
How much is from credit card spending?
What did you/are you doing to fix it?
I didnt sleep at home last night and when i came home this morning my dog i found that my dog had peed right in the middle of my bedroom floor.
I used my carpet cleaner machine to clean it, but it still smells.
My windows are open, ive used different cleaning products on it buti cant get the smell to go away.
What else can i do?
I make sure I take my keys with me. One time I sat four hours in front of the door, because I forgot taking them with me while taking out the trash.
*What is your favorite 80s/90s sitcom?
Does it bug you when people post the same question on TQC and ask_me_anything so it shows up twice in your flist?
How often do you change the sheets on your bed?
If you buy something on Ebay, how long do you wait to hear something from the seller before getting anxious?
I had some more, but I forgot them (see the first question).
-two cans tomato soup (condensed, Campbell's)
-frozen ground turkey (I thought about turkey burgers, but I don't know if I could make them juicy enough)
-stuffing mix (Stovetop)
-a handful of frozen tator-tots
-shredded and block cheddar cheese
-some (opened, maybe two cups?) vegetable stock
-cut up, cooked bacon pieces
It sounds like a casserole in the making? There are a few other things, nothing substantial, but I'd like to see what people would make with this stuff.
2. Do you know of anything weird that's happening at this very moment?
1. I went to Tim Hortons and got food, I had Starbucks, and I bought a pair of jeans.
2. Yeah, my best friend's boyfriend is breaking up with her right now.
EDIT: I work in a call center, so I'm on the phone all day. It seems like this makes it worse because my throat stops hurting when I have a couple days off, which makes no sense to me.
2. wtf does wtf mean?
3. what's your 3rd favorite tv show that is in reruns?
1. Abortion? Why?
2. Gay marriages/relationships? Why?
3. The death penalty? Why?
4. Drug use in general? Why?
5. The War in Iraq? Why?
6. Wars in general? Why?
7. George W. Bush? Why?
8. The media? Why?
9. Religion? Why?
10. Suicide? Why?
I'd do that, except the number they have given me isn't toll-free, and because I have the most basic phone plan ever (a dial tone, haha), long distance calls cost me HUGE amounts of money.
( Collapse )
What do you like to do with marshmallow fluff?
If a potential employer were to put you on the spot and ask you to tell a funny joke, would you be able to do it? What would the joke be?
If you were a stand up comedian and you were tanking badly and people started heckling you, what would you do?
1. What islands are super expensive, and which are more affordable? We're all 20-22, so we can certainly work to make money, but we don't need to go to the most expensive island. We're also open to Mexico and Central America.
2. Is it better to go all inclusive, or price everything out (hotel, flight, food, drinks) and then still have to bring spending money?
3. When is the best time to go during the summer?
4. Any sites or places you would recommend?
I don't mean to ignore all the positive comments, but I just want to know what the negative ones were about, y'know?
do you know what's going on in darfur?
do you care to know?
when did you find out about the genocide in rwanda?
when the movie "Hotel Rwanda" came out?
do you know of any other genocides?
should the US help stop the genocide in darfur?
why? why not?
when you hear about these mass murders and crimes against humanity do you want to help the victims or do you thinks its too big of a battle for one person to make a difference? can one person make a difference?
Also, I've heard conflicting reports, when they ask about your weakness are you supposed to tell them how you would turn it into a positive or just accentuate a positive?
Example: should you say "Well, I haven't worked with X program before, but I'm a quick-learner and eager to understand how it works" or say "Well, I haven't worked with X program before, but I have worked with a similar program Y and I'm sure I could pick up X quickly."
She is older, and going through menopause. She was having a hot flash and I said, "oh man, I know how you feel, I get those a lot."
She found this very odd, as I am only 20.
SO, is this something i should consult my doc about? I've been having them since I was an early teen..
Their website doesn't have it and Google is not helping.My dad is making us go there tomorrow and that is one of the few meatless things on the menu. I know it's awful, but I'd like an idea of just how awful.
Okay, here's the problem. I unplugged my speakers when opening up my computer last night, and today I plugged them back in and for some reason they're just not as loud. Could anyone possibly tell me why this may be??
The volume's turned all the way up on EVERYTHING, so it's not that...
I'm sure it's close to impossible to have EVERY movie listed, but something that has most of them.
EDIT: Yes, I know about IMDB, but I'm just looking for some sort of list. I'm not searching for any movie in particular, I need a list of every movie ever made.
LJ comm that never fails to give you a laugh?
How often do you wash your hair? How long is it?
Also - Post with your fave icon, and tell me why it's your fave.
For me it's a toss up between being 7, and being 14.
Dunno...cat_macros of late. metaquotes is good...
Once a week-ish. It's butt-length.
This icon makes me laugh. =D