How to carve a turkey.
December 27th, 2006
How to carve a turkey.
a. How'd you do - moneywise?
2. What do you think of strippers, in general?
3. Do you think that stripping is a respectable way to make a living?
2) I need some advice on what kind/size of Ipod to buy. Ipod? Creative Labs? I dont care about pictures or movies I just want something that holds lots of songs and is around 200 dollars or under.
2. what’s your showering/bathing routine? (do you shampoo your head, then your arms then your tummy, etc. etc. etc.)
3. how do you clean your feet? do you sit down to clean your feet (while in the shower)?
4. how often do you clean your bellybutton? and behind your ears?
5. if you use a bar of soap, do you lather your hand then use your hand to scrub or does the bar of soap go directly onto your body? do you then leave this bar of soap in the bathroom…for everyone else to use?
6. did you get anything good on boxing day? can i see?!
7. how do you make a swedish berry & a broken down golf cart? (the shot)
I read, drink tea, watch late-night food network, flip through Cosmopolitan magazine and of course do the whole myspace/lj/facebook thing.
Sometimes I play Guitar Hero.
Anyone know where I can find a pair of shoes like this? Are Eccos worth it?
The reason I'm asking is because this morning, my husband and I were talking about it (we're 24), and he fought with me about how he wasn't a dragon. So I know I'm not the only one that was wrong at some point about what he was.
2. How would you rate your relationship on a scale of 1-10?
( Collapse )
My answer: yes!!
did you think it was funny?
do you think they'll make a dvd set out of it?
1. Has any of you ever worked in a bookshop? Can you reccommend working there?
2. Which kind of questions here in TQC do you never answer?
Where do you live?
Is there a Starbucks near you?
Where do you live?
Who do you think is "bigger" out of the two, Starbucks or Dunkin' Donuts?
How do you feel about the Fritalian commercial?
When I was a sophomore in college I went on an impromptu spring break trip with 3 of my buddies to Daytona and we didn't have a place to stay. We ended up crashing in a Days Inn laundry room.
If you were homeless and couldn't get any friends or family to take you in, what city or state would you want to live in?
Probably somewhere in southern California. The weather seems to be nice enough..
I need it in French and English please.
why isn't there a phone number with all the same digits, such as 555-5555?
who still doesn't have to dial the area code if you're calling domestically? (like you're calling your next door neighbor or something)
2. What's for lunch today? burritos.
3. What brand shoes are you wearing right now? Nike.
4. What size are they? 8.5.
2.) What is your favorite urban legend? Tell it the way you heard it if you remember.
3.) If you could have one power for a day what would it be? (ex: flight, move objects with your mind, invisiblity, etc.)
4.) Are Bert and Ernie from Sesame Street gay?
2)Do you feel the general population is over-medicated (with prescription medication) or do you feel that medication is necessary to improve quality of living?
3)If you have a list of books you'd like to read in the future, would you mention a few that are on it?
4)What art would you say you're most successful/talented in? (drawing, writing, music, acting, etc.)
Now I obviously am in need of finding a new roommate to share an apartment with for the next 6 months since I currently cannot afford to pay for the entire apartment alone. I'm a female, but a lot of males happened to be responding to an ad and I'm out of luck with females so far. :( However, I'd give myself a shot and see how it'd go with having a male roommate who's NOT my boyfriend.
For anyone that had any experience with an opposite sex roommate, how did it go? What were the pros and cons? Any other advice would be pleased.
"take me home tonight" by eddie money
2. What do you look forward to every weekend?
1. Waking up to a house that isn't too hot, making new contacts at work and following up on projects, eating lunch at Tapatios, playing with the dog after work, watching "Scrubs" re-runs
2. Getting to build things, sleeping in, working short days (usually), exploring Florida.
2) What brand of ice cream do you enjoy the most?
3) Have you ever had homemade ice cream? What did you think of it?
4) Do you have any good ice cream recipes?
1) I always change my mind.. but usually chocolate chip cookie dough
2) I loooove Carvel soft serve ice cream and of course Ben & Jerry's pints.
3) Yes, I made two batches so far and it was delicious.
4) My boyfriend got me the Ben & Jerry's ice cream book and I love it so far. It's pretty good.
( Collapse )
1. Beatles Song?
2. TV theme song?
3. Prince Song?
5. "Classical" work?
6. Little-known song?
7. Female vocalist?
8. Male vocalist?
9. Song that makes you happy, no matter what?
10. Song that you like when you are feeling crappy (sad, depressed, whatevs.)
11. Song that makes you think of a parent, sibling or friend?
( Collapse )
Last night, I got locked in a bathroom with no windows by a bad doorknob after done using the bathroom, and it took me and my roomie 5 minutes to get me out at last. I got freaked out a lot from being stuck in a small room feeling like I'm being in jail.
Do you have any good urban legends? If so, DO TELL!! I like to get myself scared (sometimes).
I'm trying to figure out whether or not this was a bitchy move by the waitress, either implying that we don't know how to tip, or trying to make sure that we paid her 15% (which we always do anyway, not that she really deserved it-she was a crap waitress).
So was this a bitchy thing to do? Have you ever had a server specifically state or mark off that gratuity is usually 15%?
I dreamt that I was Doctor Who's new companion (Christopher Eccleston, not David Tennent). It was super exciting.
Why? And do you have a particular type you prefer to work in?
in Pirates of the Caribbean 2 ( Collapse )
from either movie, who would you pick: Jack, the commodore, or william? why?
Edit: I'm from Hawaii, so shipping will probably suck. Does that effect whether or not to eBay it?
Requirements: must be a weekly, must be spiral bound, must be funny or interesting, must have big spaces so I can make lots of notes (who is no in the office, when we're closed, appointments, etc), must not feature cute baby animals.
Added Note: The Far Side is the old stand-by option. I'd like to venture away from the wackiness that is Gary Larson (although, I do so love the Far Side).
Have you seen any nifty calendars so far that I should keep my eyes out for? Any favorites?
Unrelated Question: Spinach Dip, a.k.a. The Food Of The Gods
Does anyone else hate those water chestnut things they put in there? I've been taking out the extra onions and water chestnuts and adding in chopped olives and garlic. And let me tell you, I could eat that stuff all day. Except I can't find The Perfect Bread to eat it with. Sourdough? French? What do YOU eat Spinach Dip with?
(And why is there no entry on Wikipedia about Spinach Dip?)
Mine are (the list is much longer, but I said 3):
1. My microwave, because it beeps every 10 seconds for at least 10 minutes if you don't take the food out right after it's done. Evidently it's afraid you'll leave the food in there for an obscene length of time if it doesn't remind you that it's done.
2. When the sheets keep coming off one corner of the bed no matter what you do.
3. People that park their carts in the middle of the aisle at the grocery store then huff and puff and give you dirty looks when you say "excuse me".
2. What's the last significant thing you lied about?
3. Do you like root beer?
4. [If you have one] what's on your mousepad (if it's not just a plain colored one)?
5. If you watch Aqua Teen Hunger Force, what's your favorite episode?
6. [If you're on a desktop] do you use a keyboard that came with your computer, or one you bought separately?
ETA the brackets because I forgot laptops existed for a moment
What's that from? A movie? TV show? I say it constantly but can't remember for the life of me where I got it from.
Would it be gay porn?
Would he be kickin' it wit his homies?
Would he baulk at the price of a cup of coffee?
Would he order a Big Mac or a Quarter Pounder?
Would his mate's laugh at him & call his mum a skank behind his back after they found out that she claims she was virgin when he was born?
I want to get an MP3 player to use while at the gym and while traveling, but I don’t know very much about MP3 players at all. I use iTunes for my computer, and any downloading I do into a player will be from that program. None of the stuff on my computer was purchased at the iTunes store, however. I don’t need anything fancy, and would prefer something that just plays music, no video options or anything extra to have to fuss with.
1) I hope this isn’t a stupid question, but do I have to get an iPod to play the songs I have in my iTunes folder or will most MP3 players work?
2) If I need to buy an iPod, where would be the best place to purchase one? I’ve heard that there are sites out there where people sell used ones. Are those sites reputable?
3) If I can get something other than an iPod, what would you recommend?
Thanks for any help you can give!
Since my computer has been broken for about a week and a half, I'm catching up on all my questions.
1. When was your first real kiss?
2. What color/kind underwear are you wearing right at this very moment?
3. What was the last thing you ate?
1. 8th grade in the locker room before the second night of the school musical. I think I was 13. Don't worry, it was just me and him, we both got to the school early to get ready/talk.
2. I'm wearing blue green and purple stripped boy shorts.
3. A bowl of Chocolate Lucky Charms.
When do you think the sky is at its most beautiful?
Me-went to taco bell with friends and ordered for everyone and I kept saying hello hello and saying taco bell are you home only to find out that they were not even open-even though we heard someone say go ahead!
Do any of you know how to figure out if the DVD player I have is a high definition DVD player?
I bought season five of Smallville in high definition, but it says it won't work if both DVD and TV aren't also high def. I don't want to open it, find out it doesn't work, and then not be able to return it, because that would suck immensely. I've googled the model and although it doesn't say it isn't high definition, it also doesn't say that it is.
It has both Component and HDMI connections, which makes my brother think that it is.
Help? Please? If it helps, I have the LG LDA-731.
Why do you think Bush gives people nicknames?
What's your favorite Bush-given nickname?
how does it make sense to have three songs and a video clip which start automatically when the page loads?
does it prove you're a true fan if you have graphics plastered all over the place, definitely more than could possibly conveyed by simply saying "I enjoy ___"?
do you have any myspace related pet peeves? Apart, of course, from the fact that it is apparently taking over the world.
ETA: link to your myspace?
Does anyone know if there is an adapter or something that would make it possible for me to use something other than an iPod with my Bose SoundDock? Bose doesn't make one but I'm hoping someone does.
What are some things I could do for my 18th birthday in Manhattan? I need it to be on the cheap side, because none of my friends have any money (ie I wanted to go ice skating at Wollman Rink, but that's way expensive). One thing I might do is go to Alice's Teacup but we've done that before for other events, so it really won't feel all that special. I want to do something fun, but something that all my friends can do.
Any advice would really be great. Thank you.
Have you ever ordered food from ebay? If yes, did you have a positive or negative experience?
Do you belive in the Bloody Mary urban legend? If yes, was it a personal experience that made you?
What's your favorite kind of bread?
uhh all that is basically the same question re-worded three times to cover all my bases.
How come there's no link at the top of the page here to post a question so you don't have to go into the update thing? Someone should do something about that.
Would you facebook/myspace a: waitress? teacher? sibling/offspring of a friend?
( Collapse )
2. Do you know of any movies featuring incest (eg Oldboy), or incestuous fangirl subtext (eg Boondock Saints)?
3. Would you rather be an actor in a piece of shit, totally criticised movie, but had the time of your life while filming it. Or an actor in an amazing, highly acclaimed movie but had the absolute worst time of your life while filming it? (say you were on set for 6-9 months)
sandwich description plz
The instructions tell me just to plug it in, connect it to the computer and away we go!
So I plug it in, connect it to the computer and... nothing.
An icon for it should appear on the desktop automatically, but that's not happening, and when I open the HD folder I can't find it there either.
It's a Western Digital 250GB My Book Essential Edition. I've gone to their on line FAQ, but it just tells me to connect it and it should work. I tried submitting a question but because I don't have an American phone number it cannot authenticate my request and won't accept the question.
I have an iBook G4, if that effects anything.
Can anyone help me? Cheers.
I'm not a big fan of fullscreen
Did you know The Descent came out on DVD yesterday *in the US? Have you seen it?
Just found out today. I saw it (the UK version) sometime back in the fall.
If you buy DVDs, where do you usually get them from?
Best Buy or Columbiahouse..
How many DVDs do you have? Do you have a catalog/database of your movies?
189. Yes I have a DVDAficionado page (if you want to see it just ask).
Did you get any DVDs for Christmas (if you celebrate it)?
Yes, Waist Deep and Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift
My friend and I were talking to these two teenagers, aged 15. We got on the topic about Myspace. ( Collapse )
I am having a great deal of trouble with a project I am doing. I asked earlier about a headdress but now I just don't know if that's the best route. ( Collapse )
If you haven't seen one, here's one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-x20ULl1vuM
They all feature two people in a car, driving, chatting about something inane, and then BOOM, they crash, and then it shows them stunned about the accident. Then cut to "Volkswagon. Safe happens. We're safe, buy our cars, etc."
Something about them just doesn't sit right with me. I can't decide if it offends me or not. It just seems like they're taking something serious (an accident) and almost making light of it to sell cars. It might possibly be more appropriate as a car insurance commercial. I'm just not sure about them. That's why I wanna know what you think!
Acceptable reasons to kill a person
Acceptable reasons to chop off someone's hand
Acceptable reasons to be naked in public
My question is what type of 2G player should I get and how in the world can I get some actually cash for the $50 Itunes gift card my aunt got me?
What do you think his findings about TQC would have been?
Is this normal? If I ever have kids, I don't want to feel this way towards them.. :-/ Any suggestions on how you'd avoid getting jealous of your baby?
2.) I got some Cocoa Butter Lotion at the dollar store, should this help my dry skin/wrinkle problem?
3.) While getting fitted for a bra at the mall one of my friends got called petite by the sales lady, but she's 5'6".. is she right? What is petite? I'm an inch taller and I weigh a little bit less but my boobs are about two cup sizes larger.. would I be considered petite too?
2. Is your significant other on LJ?
3. Are you craving food right now? If so, what are you craving?
( Collapse )
Hints? Tips? How did your college experience go? Are you happy with how it turned out? Would you go back and change some things? What? Any other information accepted :]
We have known eachother for four years, been good friends for three years, best friends for two years and romantic for one and a half, but officially together for about a full year (Jan 15th).
We talk about a furture together quite often, but I want to officially pop the question all special like.
What is a good way to set it up? I don't want to get him a ring, but maybe something else, like a necklace or a pendant for a necklace he already has. Any ideas?
Have any the ladies here done this? How did you pop the question to the man?
Lefty or righty?
Ambi, but I write with my right hand primarily
Which hand do use to open bottles?
Left. My right hand acts gimpy when I try to open things with it
Favorite South Park episode?
Scott Tenorman Must Die
If you had them as a child, do you still have any of your old Barbies/GI Joes/whatever the equivalents are in various countries?
I have all of my collectible Barbies, but none of the ones I played with
Do you use a top sheet?
I try, but my husband rebels, so it usually ends up wadded up at the end of the bed
Is the weather where you are what it should be for this time of year?
Every other day here is unseasonably warm, but then it gets cold again
Have you gotten sick this year?
No, but my husband has the flu, and I have a feeling I will soon
Currently worried about anything? What?
Getting the flu =(
Do you like the toilet paper to be hung like this or this?