|TV questions, and an update....
||[Nov. 30th, 2006|03:38 pm]
The Question Club
So, as I've mentioned, I've been off work for a couple of weeks. I've watched a LOT of daytime TV, which has made me wonder....|
1. does anyone else miss the old days when a talk show host would let the audience members ask questions? It was always funny to watch. No one does that anymore...
2. Is there a website or group (on LJ or elsewhere) where people who have been "wronged" on game shows, talk shows or court shows to post their woes? I was watching People's Court, and they wouldn't let this woman talk @ the end (in the hallway) because she was only going to bitch about how she got ripped off. It made me wonder where people like her vent - there has to be SOMEWHERE.
3. Do you know anyone who has been on a talk show or court show? Details, please! Were they treated fairly, by their own, or your, estimation?
4. Do you think that lie detector tests on talk shows are accurate? I ask because it seems like almost all of the time, the people being tested are shown to be lying, and they always seem surprised by it. At one point, my best friend & I wanted to say that she thought I was messing with her husband, so we could get a lie detector test to see if they were a scam. I'm not talking about regular tests, just those done on Maury.
5. Do you think Maury Povich ever gets tired of people calling him "Murray"?