I'm trying to expand my dvd collection before I move into the dorms at my school in jan.
The most annoying?
Remember, you MUST CHOOSE!!
Yeah. well. I'm gonna go for it. Wish me luck.
EDIT: SUCCESS! nothing exploded! ...yet.
I ask as I currently use the Griffin unit for my mini and I'm frustrated with it. These frustrations include lack of built in charger, poor signal strength, lots of interference (on any channel I've tried) and unpredictable behavior (like sometimes it turns on, sometimes it doesn't).This is my third one of these (two for this iPod Mini and one before for my 3rd gen iPod) and I had no idea there were other options out there until I started reading reviews on the TransPOD, which I think I'll try next.
So... if you use the FM transmitters.. which do you use and what do you like/dislike about it?
Unfortunately, my skintone is pretty uneven, so I'd really like to be able to use foundation without my skin being ...flakey.
Is there any kind of foundation that will help me with this? Is mineral makeup a good idea? I'm hesitant to try it, simply because powders and such activate the flakiness. Is (good) mineral makeup much different from regular pressed powder?
2. What changes in your life do you hope for a year from today?
3. Favorite kind of casserole?
4. Last time you cried, and what was the reason?
5. Has anyone very important to you made a decision you disagreed with strongly? Do tell.
Now you're incredibly wealthy, up with the a-listers.
But you can only spend your riches on one purpose.
What do you spend it on?
I'd hire a stylist to do my hair every day. Then I could always have that salon look/feel/smell.
That bitch Oprah does it.
I work in a small museum of medieval and renaissance arms and armor. A year ago we released an Audio Tour that visitors can take around with them and learn more about the objects in our galleries. It is a self guided system, meaning that you pick which stops you want to listen to instead of having to go from place to place in order. There are 40 stops and over 2 hours of recorded material on the tour. We charge $2.00 per person to use the tour for as long as you want in all of the galleries in addition to admission.
We have just finished recording a second tour. This one focuses on women's history in medieval and renaissance times. It has 19 stops and, I think, over and hour of recorded material. This tour repeats some information from the general tour so that they are both stand alone tours and you do not need to listen to the general tour to understand the women's tour.
There are other tours in development to be released in the next year. These include a tour designed for younger children and a few foreign languages. The way things are currently set up has you follow one color of tags through the galleries to indicate stops for each tour. The average stay in the museum for people without the audio tour is 1-2 hours and we are only open 6 hours per day so it's not overly likely that someone will want to listen to 4 tours in one day but we need to have a policy place because we do get zealots. :)
What do we charge? $2.00 gets you access to all of the tours? $2.00 gets you access to the either tour and if you want to listen to a different tour, you need to pay another $2.00? Smart people will be able to figure out how to switch between the two of them but not all of our visitors are that smart... not to mention this would get confusing up in the galleries.
No, I think I'm going to get one tomorrow though.
I don't want him there one bit. He scares me.
"Make a searching and fearless moral inventory of yourselves' (12st book) -everytime there's a triumph in the world a million souls hafta be trampled on.-altman Its true. But treasure each triumph as they come..... 12st book? ... I. Uh. Wow. What do you think, she did a line off a mirror and decided to write some "super-awesome" letter? I imagine the thing was written in block letters with a red crayon before she gave it to her rep to have typed up and faxed.
I can turn off my sense of smell at will and was wondering how common that kind of thing was.
And, no, closing your eyes doesn't count for sight. :op
Would you ask the nice one to be your Maid of Honour or the one you've spent more time with?
Both of which know each other, both of which are great - one just seems like she'd appreciate it more, but I haven't gotten to know her as well.
And... why does my spell-checker automatically assume I'm American when I type? I'm in Firefox and it's judging my honour!
Nobody messes with my honour.
If you were Mr. and Mrs. Smith, would you be upset/bothered/offended by Bob and Jane's decision? Do you think it's a rude thing to do?
What if Bob and Jane decide, again, not to take Smith, but instead opt for Mrs. Smith's maiden name, Parker.
If this was the case, would you (Mr. and Mrs. Smith) be less upset/bothered/offended by Bob and Jane's decision? Do you think it's a little less rude because it has some sort of family significance?
Do you really care about the Michael (Seinfeld) Richards outburst?
Does the word "nigger" bother you?
Do you feel like we're being a little too sensitive around here?
Is there a particular phrase in your area's dialect that is equivilant to "stupid person is about to try something dangerous?"
Do you have any ideas of what I could chew on that is not gum? Or staples. Had a bad experience yesterday. Accidentally gnawed off a tiny piece of a staple and the metal piece either scratched my throat going down or got stuck. It was rather painful for awhile until Halls saved the day.
Um, anyway. Yeah. Any ideas? I'd prefer it to be non-food and inconspicuous/not noisy. And, of course, not metal as I probably don't want to be wearing down my enamel. >_>
Where can I go online to find out what DC and field staff for US Senators and Reps make?
my google-fu is failing me.
i even made a video and hosted it on youtube:
There has been the same car parked there since Monday, and you suspect that this person is indeed NOT handicapped (for lack of the Handicapped tag hanging from the rearview mirror). You suspect this person is just 'lazy' to go find a normal parking spot (the closest one being a complete walk around the whole building).
This morning, your suspicions are confirmed when a young kid gets out, baggy jeans, white bubble jacket and baseball cap, and heads to his place of work, an Engineering company next door. No sign of a disability requiring him to use the parking spot. I realize that just judging his appearance is making an assumption, but once again, he has no handicapped tag/sticker, visibile whatsoever.
...and just to throw this in-the car is a brand new Audi.
Question: Do you let it go and let the kid park there with the chances of it becoming an everyday thing, or do you go next door and tell him to move his damned car?
'the oc has been axed'
is it true?
What actor do you cast to play God? Big guy, savior, all around decent feller
The Devil, aka, the Beast? He's the mastermind behind the E-VIL
The Antichrist? The big deceiver who will mislead the world. #1 servant to the Devil
The Four Horsemen: Pestilence? Spreads disease worldwide
War? Sows war worldwide
Famine? Spreads hunger worldwide
Death? Well, it's DEATH
If your spouse gained a significant amount of weight and you found yourself not attracted to him anymore, what would your course of action be?
2. Have you ever eaten at Cheeseburger in Paradise?
3. Do you enjoy fighting on the internet?
4. What are you having for lunch today/did you have?
She doesn't like me, I don't like her. Still, we work in the same office and I absolutely know that she is doing it to drive me batty.
ETA: Also, what do you guys think of this community: http://community.livejournal.com/holiday_wishes/ ?
which one & what was the topic?
Has anyone you know been on a talk show?
which one & what was the topic?
What are your thoughts on talk shows?
What was the best meal you ever ate at a restaurant?
Do you name any of the inanimate objects you own (car/tv/what have you)? Please specify which objects and the names you have given them.
Who is someone you really admire and why do you admire him/her?
( Collapse )
yes! Miss Vicki's, but it takes me a very long time to eat them.
2. Are there any foods that you really want to like but you just don't?
I really want to like tomatoes, onions, peppers, brussel sprouts, asparagus, mushrooms, mustard, dill pickles, and spinach. Since I don't eat meat, liking those things would give me a lot more choices, but I just hate them.
I mentioned how I was surprised that no one was asking for an iPod. Subsequent comments were made along the lines that "everyone already has one."
Well, I don't have one. I want one, but want to pay all that money (however, I did recently purchase a macbook, so it would be SWEET if I did get one, haha.)
So, if you have an iPod, how did you obtain it?
-(gift, purchased yourself, found, etc...)
If so, what is that age?
Annoying and lazy?
( Collapse )
I've emailed the person, but they haven't responded.
1. does anyone else miss the old days when a talk show host would let the audience members ask questions? It was always funny to watch. No one does that anymore...
2. Is there a website or group (on LJ or elsewhere) where people who have been "wronged" on game shows, talk shows or court shows to post their woes? I was watching People's Court, and they wouldn't let this woman talk @ the end (in the hallway) because she was only going to bitch about how she got ripped off. It made me wonder where people like her vent - there has to be SOMEWHERE.
3. Do you know anyone who has been on a talk show or court show? Details, please! Were they treated fairly, by their own, or your, estimation?
4. Do you think that lie detector tests on talk shows are accurate? I ask because it seems like almost all of the time, the people being tested are shown to be lying, and they always seem surprised by it. At one point, my best friend & I wanted to say that she thought I was messing with her husband, so we could get a lie detector test to see if they were a scam. I'm not talking about regular tests, just those done on Maury.
5. Do you think Maury Povich ever gets tired of people calling him "Murray"?
I'd like to get my fiancee a 1-year sub. to XBox Live for the holidays. Looking on their site I see there are 2 levels, Silver and Gold... I see the "upgrades" for Gold, but I don't know if it's worth the extra cost. Any opinions? He usually uses Live just to game with friends and such, he's not really into the online marketplace, etc.
Thanks in advance!
1. Why did you choose to have kids?
1a. If your kids were a surprise, are you 100% glad you have them now?
2. What are the most important aspects of parenting in your opinion?
3. Is there anything you swore you would or would not do when you had kids only to find you couldn't stick to that plan?
4. What's the hardest part of it all?
If you are not a parent...
1. Do you know if you want kids? Why or why not?
2. If/when you have them, is there anything you definitely will or will not do?
2a. Do you think you'll be able to stick to that plan, definitely?
So my question is thus: If you were crossing the street and you saw a crumpled up $20 bill just lying in the middle of the road at the bottom of the nastiest puddle you have ever seen, would you reach down and pick it up? What about a $50? A $100? What if you couldn't even see what denomination it was because it was so nasty?
And just FYI, no I did not pick it up. :)
Does anyone have a Helio? How do you like it? How is their service? Seems cool, but maybe a little gimmicy.
I live in the US, Ohio - if it matters.
1. should take some from my local coffee place to tide me over until tomorrow?
2. do you take extra "things" (i.e., straws, napkins, etch...) from food places (i.e., fast food, coffee places, etc...) that you patronize?
3. last place you were at and what did you take?
4. if said places are giving food/snacky treat samples - do you take more than one - go back for seconds/thirds?
Are you supposed to hydrate before doing a cardio workout, during the workout, or after?
Or all of the above?
I'm following a cardio DVD exercise routine and the people on the disk aren't drinking water while they work out. But I am getting thirsty after five minutes.
Thank you very much!
I need to shave mine. They've gone past 'lazy' and 'hippie' and right into '70's Feminist'.
Circular if you have never eaten meat.
Oval if you used to eat meat but don't any more.
Diamond if you eat meat.
Anyone have any evidence either way?
I forgot to charge it up last night (lately I have had to charge it up every night) but suspected I had enough life in it. It went dead on the bus and I've just gone to charge it up. However, it's not charging via the power adapter or when I plug it into my computer. The screen is blank and it's not doing anything.
It's an Ipod mini and I've heard it's difficult to get a replacement battery. Is this the case?
I fiddled about with the reset options and it appears to have kicked the old bugger into life. Excellent!
( Collapse )
Microsoft just sent down an update to IE, and now it has tabbed browsing and many, many other changes (it probably upgraded a while ago, but I just now downloaded it).
anyway, right next to favorites are feeds, and I really, really like how it's set up. Is there something I can add onto my Firefox to act the same way? If not right next to favorites, is there a way to quickly click on my feeds from this browser window?
Did I ask that question correctly? I've only recently figured out the "feed" phenom...
WTF? Every basement I have ever seen has a sump pump. As a matter of fact, there is one about 15 feet to my right.
Has anyone ever been in a basement that doesn't have a sump pump?
Edit: I eat real bacon like twice a year... so it's not a health thing with the turkey...
Edit: Answered! Thanks, cdaae. ^^
I know it most likely says "A whole house on the inside" in the commercial, but does it sound to you like it says "Whore house"?
On top of that, I'm starving.
Can I eat without making this pain worse? The piercer did'nt say.
So... how would you feel about someone wearing a coonskin cap as opposed to, say, a mink coat? Because I'm thinking about getting a hunting license just so I can take revenge against their species.
( Collapse )
the correct answer is: Yes, Tess, I am.
ooo, edit: Can anyone work flash, and want to make my icon xmasy?
does pudding need to be refrigerated? it says to keep it refrigerated but i always though it didnt have to be and it didnt fit in my fridge so ive kept it out for like... 4 days... is it edible?
2) If you could make one (relevant to your life today, Dec. 1, 2006) wish, what would it be? (Money must be in reasonable amounts of less than $10k.)
3) What's your favorite animal? Why?
4) If you could have any pet in the world, what would it be? Why?
5) How many hours of sleep do you usually get the night before a huge paper is due (like 20 pages+)? The night before a final exam?
1) I've added mint chocolate chip ice cream, candy cane bits, and the usual whipped cream and cinnamon. I'm looking for some new ideas. Any ideas for ways to spice up Swiss Miss? My favorite hot-drink recipe is a spiced tea mix.
2) To be done wiht all of my exams and papers. (I turned in a 25 page and a 10 page paper yesterday, another 5 page paper today, and I have a 25 page paper due tomorrow. I have a final this Monday and the following Monday (not bad). A 30-minute oral argument the following Wednesday. Then I'm done. What does your exam schedule look like this semester?
3) I think dolphins are pretty awesome. First of all, there are pink ones! Second of all, they have names for each other and a whole (if undeveloped) language (probably!)!
4) I think my goffins cockatoo Sophia is the coolest pet in teh world. :)
5) Usually I get 0 for the night before an exam. During exam weeks I average 0-4 every night for about two weeks. Tehn I sleep for sometimes 30+ hours straight. This year for the first time I finished my 3 papers early and actually got 7 hours of sleep Tuesday night. I'm so impressed! But I think I'd feel guilty for sleeping before my finals b/c I'll always feel like I haven't studied enough--even if I've studied for days on end.
1] I've never had an interview before. What can I do to prep for it? I've been checking out this website, http://www.collegegrad.com, but what have you experienced? Can you please give me sample questions that you remember from your interviews? As many as possible?
2] Clothing! Professional business dress, he said. I'm a poor college student in the middle of winter. What to do? I was thinking pinstripe grey pants and a sweater, but from what I've seen in my research, a "business suit" with a jacket is the only way to go. Help?
The president of the company is flying in to meet me [and the other candidates, naturally]. ME. What do I do??
I want some new books for Christmas but I'm not sure what to get. I would really like to own The Hobbit [read it so many times, just don't have my own copy] but I also want something new. Here are the books i like to read to give you some idea:
I enjoyed Anne Rice a great deal but her books are just too much sometimes. Something nice and fantasy-like. What book[s] should I put on my list? Thanks =]
2)Do you eat mushrooms?
3)How many tries did it take you to pass your driver's test?
4)What position do you play?
5)Have you ever caught a fish? If so, how old were you?
I'm asking because all three members of my family have heard footsteps in the upstairs when we're the only ones in the house. I always assumed it was coming from the townhome next to ours despite how loud and immediate it sounded, but when my mom said she thought they were coming from upstairs I started to doubt my unwavering conviction that ghosts do not exist. Plus she claims to sometimes feel a little strange at times in her bedroom which is where the footsteps would be coming from. Plus, I love ghost stories despite how much they creep me out.
EDIT: OK, it turns out I can open programs, d'oh! The things that don't open are file folders like My Documents. Restarting did not help.