||[Nov. 12th, 2006|08:11 pm]
The Question Club
1. Somehow I managed to screw up my IE toolbar. It used to have a big google search bar on the bottom toolbar, and then the address bar was in the normal spot. Now, somehow, the google seach bar is on teh same toolbar as the address one, but far over to the right and considerably shrunk. How can I move it? |
2. If you had to choose between growing up never knowing or hearing any popular music, only classical music, or never knowing of or watching any TV or movies at all, which would you choose?
3. Are you a global (field dependent) or analytical (field independent learner? Did you/do you feel frustrated with your academic experience? I recently read that most American minorities as well as gifted children often test as global thinkers/learners, but majority (White) American students are usually analytical.
1. I don't know, that's why I'm asking
2. I'd choose to grow up with only classical music. My family decided, when I was young, that pop music and TV/movies was teh_evilz. You can never get over not knowing Scarface, Seinfeld, Terminator, Goonies, etc., but knowing tons of classical music (and now New Age and musicals) is fairly cool.
3. I'm a global learner. I've only just discovered these learning styles while writing a law paper, but adapting to my learning style has helped me immensely. I've always felt frustrated with academics. While I've always had a very high GPA, I also felt like I just wasn't getting stuff. Accepting myself and my learning style, and adapting, has really made a difference.