Having recently admitted to myself that I now watch Smallville solely for Justin Hartley/Green Arrow, who is much more attractive both physically and as a character than, well, anyone else on that show...
What shows do you watch just for a side character? Which side character in particular? And which shows did you initially enjoy and then, in later seasons, came to be annoyed by?
Have you ever been in a situation where you cut off contact with a friend - not because they did anything horrible to you, but simply because you decided you were drifting apart and really didn't have much in common anymore - and then were in a situation where you had to spend time with them? If so, how did you deal with it?
I've been invited to a birthday outing that an ex-friend will also be attending, and I'm anticipating that it will be uncomfortable to say the least. Since I was the one who initially brought up the "hey, we're drifting apart" conversation, I'm sure she feels slighted, and therefore I'm not sure what to expect when I see her at this birthday. If you've been in a similar situation before, how did you handle it?
Heya. I fixed my Firefox problem from last night (yeah, I panicked when I asked...ended up having to back up my profile and reinstall FF) but I have another, slightly more complex computer question today.
I'm a French student, and have learned the French layout of the keyboard, which is pretty different from the American one. Obviously not too many people here in Iowa use this configuration on their computers, and it's possible to have more than one language setting.
Anyway, to the question: I'm filling in for the receptionist at work while her husband...well, he's in hospice. We all have to log on to the system to use the computers, and when I log onto mine, it has the worst time switching from English to French.
In frustration, I deleted the English settings and so now I can type in just French. Cool. But now I wonder--is it just that way for MY settings, or am I going to have to go back and add English so the other people used to the American keyboard settings can type? is it something profile specific, or computer specific?
Anyone experienced with Novell Groupwise? I tried searching for a community, but apparently no one is interested in Groupwise. What a surprise!
Anyway, my question is this:
Sometimes I get sent email that say To: Undisclosed Recipient. I want to be able to send two different parties the same email without them knowing the email is being sent to the other party. How do I set something up so I don't have to use BC: and it will appear to them as "undisclosed recipient"?
How do you tactfully get your point across that you are completely against someone's actions, without being offensive? My co-worker (much older, in her 50s) just came over and admired the picture of my dogs, a lab/pit and a pit bull. She told me about how she breeds her labs and how her friend breeds labs, pits, boxers, etc. I am very anti-breeding, pro-spay/neuter, and hate the activities that she and her friend engage in. How do I tactfully get that across without being a complete, raging bitch (which is my instinct in situations like this)?
ETA: Point taken. It wasn't a mean conversation, but in the future, I'll keep it to myself. She and I are still cool.
Someone belongs to about 15 snark communities, and in one of them, says that people are so mean and need to back off. When someone else points out that she herself is a member of many snark communities, she retorts that she is in them to "laugh at the stupidity of other people". Opinions?
2. Do you think health insurance companies that choose to cover prescription drugs, devices and outpatient procedures should have to cover birth control like any other prescription/procedure? Or should they be able to single out birth control as something they will not cover?
3. Do you think government-funded hospitals with emergency rooms/departments should have to tell rape victims about emergency contraception, and how they can get it (or give them a pamphlet about it)?
4. Do you think sex education in public schools should be required to teach the health benefits and risks of contraception, where/how to obtain contraception, and to tell students that they have a right to contraception without their parents' knowledge?
I know they've gotten way more serious at airports recently, but does anybody know if booking a ticket under the name 'Dan' when the person's passport says 'Daniel' would prove a problem? We're flying Dublin-Stansted, if that makes a difference.
1. Does your significant other have any odd sleeping habits? I've noticed that my boyfriend's muscles spasm violently as he's falling asleep. This has happened to me before and it would wake me up, but he doesn't notice and it gets really...Intense. Freaked me out the first time we fell asleep together, I thought he was having a seizure. When he does that, he'll click his teeth together three times and then stop... Odd boy, then again, who knows what I do when I'm asleep?
2. You have "couple" friends over, go to the kitchen, and return to find the aforementioned couple lying on your bed and making out. Acceptable or no? For me, no! My bed! I have enough problems with people sitting on my bed, but lying down on my pillows and kissing?!
3. When was one time you had to depend on the kindness of a stranger? Over the summer I got a flat tire as I was driving into Wal-Mart, didn't have a spare, and the tire was too far gone to be fixed so I needed a new one. I only had $20 to my name, a tire plus installation would be around $60; no ATM or credit card on me, and Wal-Mart would not take my mother's credit card number over the phone (she was out of town). So, one of the managers actually paid the difference for my new tire- and when everything was all set, I brought her back a card, chocolates, and the amount I owed her.
1. A. Best break up songs? B. Or screw you songs? C. Or songs about being cheated on?
2. If you wrote a college admissions essay, what did you write about? How long was it?
3. I just got a lobby card (I think that's what they're called- those really heavy cards that movie theaters hang outside the specific screens to denote what movie is playing on what screen) of School for Scoundrels. I want to affix it to the bumper of my car. Is there anyway of doing this?
4. Are you happy about the election results in your specific area or state? Is there any national or local race that really surprised you?
5. When my friends and I go out, we usually go bowling. These are kids who usually bowl mid-200's while I bowl anywhere between 32-81. Any tips on how to get better at bowling, other then lots and lots of practice?
6. If #5 doesn't work, what are some other athletic or semi athletic things a group of 18-21 year old college students can do during the New York winter (other then skiing or snowboarding)? Obviously, beer pong is out of the picture.
7. What is your favorite piece of jewelery? Does it have any significance to you?
I'm plannnin on goiing out tonight but in the fast few hours I have what seems to be a does of cystitis. It is so sore and hurting =( Its late and I have nowhere I can go to get anything for it. Is there anything I can do that's going to ease the discomfort? Painkillers? I'm in agony.
my friend has a septum piercing (through the middle of her nose, coming out of the nostrils). she has an internally threaded ring with 2 balls on the end. ... well, now only one ball. she doesn't have any spare rings. it's a newish piercing so there is the fear that it will heal if she takes it out. what can she do for tonight?
I have a good friend that has turned out to be unreliable when it comes to plans. We go see soccer matches, and there's been several times where I've had to give her and her brothers a ride or had to wait for them to get to the stadium so I can hand them their tickets (since we have to buy them together so she can sit with the rest of the group.) They're frequently late. Now, we decided to go out of town to watch our team play in the final. I warned her about the car/driving situation. She still got tickets.
Now she's saying that she doesn't have a ride or can't drive to where we're meeting. Meaning: she needs a ride. Her history doesn't really make me thrilled about this. She's not punctual (or her brothers aren't) and this yet again makes me the one to have to take them (because others in our group can't or won't take them).
I've already sort of suggested that I'd take them, but I'm having second thoughts. Would it really be that bad if I say "sorry, deal with it"? I'm getting sick of always being the one to help out. Any advice/thoughts?
How old were you when you had your first sexual-type (not implying that you had sex, just that it was more than platonic ... so maybe I should have just said, "non-platonic") boyfriend/girlfriend/date?
I am eighteen and have yet to have any of the three.
Alright, y'all. I'm in charge of stockings for my family (there are four of us: mom, dad, younger sister, me) for Christmas this year, due to being on a limited budget. What sort of fun but useful and nice stocking stuffers can you reccommend?