2. Do you have a favorite brand of toothpaste or is it all the same to you? I like Colgate Total.
3. How would you describe the Buttsecks Owl's facial expression? I say it's half intrigued, half leery. God, I could look/laugh at that thing all day.
4. Why is it so difficult for most older people to learn technology? Today I overheard my mother telling someone that I met my SO "on the e-mail." Well. If 'e-mail' means 'LiveJournal' then yes.
Can anybody tell me what the NAME of the "Frankfurter Medium" font file is? (????????.TTF)?
Frankfurter Medium. NOT Frankfurt.
"....Loving the free and feelin' spirit
Of huggin' a tree when you get near it..."
and i thought - this is one of the WEIRDEST lines in song that i have heard...
so, i was wondering -
what's the weirdest/most unusual line in a song that you've heard?
what's the weirdest/most unusual song you've heard?
what's the weirdest/most unusual singer/band you know?
The house has two doors and we open them to let air circulate through the trailer. Unfortunately, management has not gotten around to getting screens for these doors. This hasn't been a problem until about two weeks ago. These two young cats (bigger than kitten, not quite full sized) have decided to make it their mission to join our happy household. They're cute and all, but I am seriously allergic to cats and my throat starts to close up (who needs to breathe anyways)...
We've been picking up the cats and putting them outside, shooing them away, but they think it's a game or something and keep coming back. Well, last night was the last straw. One decided to pay us a visit while we were... *ahem* Mood killer. But it is still too hot to keep the doors closed all day.
That is my problem, TQC. Help me fend off the cats before I have to go to the ER.
What medicines do find ACTUALLY WORK when you have a cold or flu?
What is the sickest you have ever been?
I just saw some news story about videos circulating YouTube of "LonelyGirl15". Can someone give me a synopsis or something as to what this is all about?
I'm 6' tall, so I need a place that sells them in more than just standard sizes. I used to buy a lot from foottraffic.com, but they've messed up my last three orders, and they're a little expensive anyway. Anyone have any experience with other places?
There is a sex positive establishment in my city called The Wet Spot and I've been dying to go but I would like to read of others experiences.
Crossposted to: sextips
My co-worker of five months seems to be doing this; she just got back from her vacation. It's kind of weird.
Do multiple counts of extra information within brackets in a sentence really bug you?
Did you go out and buy it?? Do like it? Do you not really give a shit about Justin?
I got it, and I haven't gone out and bought a CD in over a year (yeah yeah, I'm a music pirate ARR!).
I think it is an excellent cd and it should be a hit record. It also doesn't hurt that he is gorgeous. I'm quite fond of Mr. Timberlake.
It sounds interesting, something that I might like to be involved with. Anything you all know about it?
My answer: 'Jeffery, not in the drinking water!'
favourite simpsons episode?
favourite family guy episode?
- If you do, do you ever actually say it? I say it whenever I see a fire engine. It's also a greeting between my boyfriend and I.
At my previous job, we ran a fairly complicated macro over the data in Excel and it would spit out a variety of charts. But XML is not available to me in this place, by decree of the grand IT gods, so...
What are some other alternatives to it? The data I wanting to crunch is call stats for several offices. I want to break it down in a variety of ways: by type, by hour of day, by department, etc. I want to create charts supporting hiring a second person on to my shitty drone job.
I'm willing to count it up by hand and enter it in, if nothing else, but I'd like to cut the time down where ever else I can.
(As for the person who'll end up joinging me here. Feel for them. SRSLY.)
is it sexist, and if so, why?
1. Do you use organic or cruelty-free beauty products? Why or why not?
2. Do you eat meat? For what reasons?
3. Do you try to eat healthy? Do you try to eat organic foods? Do you eat a lot of processed foods?
ETA: 4. Do you think organic foods are any better for you?
1. I do. I feel better when I do, and I'm a bit hesitent to use anything that's not natural because of cancer and all that. I also hate artificial smells in beauty products, and it's hard to find fragrance-free stuff (even the organic stuff I buy is generally fragrance-free if I can help it). I'm also very "AH THE ENVIRONMENT IS IMPORTANT!!!" so I'd be a hypocrite if I didn't. I tend to like the way they feel better, too, but I'm only comparing them to the (cheaper) stuff I used to get at Walgreens.
2. I'm just a vegetarian. For the reasons above, basically. I feel better about myself and I see health benefits.
3. Try is the key word here. I end up eating a lot of crap. Mostly because nobody in my family cooks and if I want to get "healthy" food, I have to go out on my own to get them and that's a pain. We basically eat out a lot. I try to pick healthy options, but as far as whether or not it's organic or really good for me or cooked in meat products, I don't really know... I plan to get better at this once I move out.
I am looking for a good graduate program, with the following preferred attributes:
*Location: Connecticut, or very close by.
*Degree: MFA (Master of Fine Arts), other Master, or PhD
*Major: English, Creative Writing, or something similar. Writing workshop preferred over Literature studies. Fiction especially.
*Time: Spring 2007, Fall 2007, or later.
*Price: Desirably less, but could be more. Price is not as important.
I am searching already on PrincetonReview.com. I already have an application in to Wesleyan University, for Biology, although Creative Writing is my preference. (Wesleyan University has no grad program for English.) I also am considering Central Connecticut State University.
1a. If yes, how did you get it?
1b. How many stitches required?
2. If you play basketball pretty frequently, have you ever broken an ankle?
( Collapse )
"babe" "honey" "hun" "sugar" "sweetheart" "baby"
and especially "sweetie" - this one makes me think of pedophiles...
what're your thoughts/opinions/comments on this subject matter?
Would it be beautiful, to you, in its own horrifying way? Would it scare you shitless? I love fires. I think it would be beautiful to me, somehow. And I think that somehow, once a person came to deal with it, that one could accept it and take it at what it was.
(you have... eight hours before it gets here. It's eight AM, the day of the end of the world.) And come up with something more creative than "I'd boink two people at the same time" or "we'd fk like bunnies." what would you do after that?
I'd go stand in the biggest field i could find and face the sun. I'm going to meet it with my eyes as open as they can be. Damned if i'd want to go in my sleep, for the apocalypse.
Your residence is haunted! Whether you believe in ghosts or not, you have one. What kind of ghost would you prefer to have?
What would you hope the interaction with said ghost would be like?
Nicest thing your ghost could leave you
Worse habit your ghost has
How long you could live with this ghost before calling in the ghostbusters?
Name you'd more likely give your ghost roommate
2. Do you fit into any particular stereotype?
PS--yes, I'm a girl.
My situation: I work for a city and have been there a year and a half. In that year and a half I've received two promotions. I did my first job (clerical assistant) for about a year, the next position (customer service clerk/utility billing/public works support/permitting) for 3 months or so, and the position I'm currently in (Deputy City Clerk/Treasurer) since June. What is the most professional way to show "Hey, I have good history and have been here awhile, just in different positions!" while highlighting my duties at each position?
I hate even having to do this, but my beloved boss just gave her notice and I'm not staying at this place without her. Small town city councils = asshats. Keep that in mind if you go into municipal government work, kiddos!
In a half-related question, does anyone know good search terms using Google for describing how nerves feel when it's something "original"?
So I'm reading this article, and this line goes "So I had a couple drinks. You know, hair of the dog."
What the heck does "hair of the dog" mean?
I'm allowed to pick two treatments from a list. I've chosen one, but I don't know what else to pick. The list is:
Chocolate body mask
I'm allergic to chemically scented products. This sometimes doesn't make sense to people, but everything that goes directly onto my skin has to have a natural scent or I come out in a huge rash - so strawberry "flavoured" body washes and stuff won't sit well with me. If I want to use anything scented, it has to be 100% natural.
Because of this, I've chosen the aromatherapy massage first. I went over there and asked them if the aromatherapy oils they use are pure and they are. They also gave me a little sample to put on me to see if I had a reaction and nothing happened, so I'm safe with that.
But I'm unsure as to what I should choose for the second one. Two massages in one day is a little much (and I don't know what kind of products they use for the Swedish massage), I don't care much about my finger/toenails or cellulite and I'm not sure what they use for the facial. I suppose I could ask them if they could use something non-scented..
So what would you reccomend?
Also, this spa day (yes, we rented out the entire spa for the day) includes free use of the steam room jacuzzi, sauna, beauty spa and vibrosauna. What are involved in these things? They all seem to be just the same to me, but there are probably subtle differences that I just don't know about. What are the differences?
Any of you guys ever been to a spa? How was it? I'm looking forward to it, but I've never been to one before, so I'm not sure what to expect, really.
a couple of months ago i had to skip about ten days worth of taking my birth control meds. (i couldnt afford it at the time, yay for being poor!) once i got back on i remembered to take it according to what week i should have been on - eg., i was starting the second week, so i took those pills instead of the week one pills.
now, i dont feel any differently, except that i think my cycle is a little thrown off; it happens toward the end of the month and it used to be in the middle.
my question is, did skipping the pill for all of that time mean i should try and, you know "reset" myself? can you just go on and off the pill at any point in time with no issues?
What were the circumstances?
Why didn't you know before that it was you?
What was making you smell funny?
Did you immediately fix it once you realized?
This post brought to you by the recently washed and deodoranted denisbaldwin.
i suck at this...
how did you do?
1.) Are you happy with your current savings? How much of your income do you try to save each month?
2.) Do you keep your long term savings in a 401(k) or IRA? If so, what funds/bonds do you have and how are their returns?
3.) How much are your short term savings earning? (CDs, money market, etc.)
4.) Do you worry about having enough for retirement?
5.) What are some ways that you try to save on money?
6.) What is the ratio of your savings to debt?
7.) (Just for fun) what is your favorite song about money?
And some from me!
8.) Why is it appropriate to wear clothing associated with the sports team you are going to see but it is not appropriate to wear a shirt associated with the band you are going to see?
9.) Why are handicapped parking spots the closest ones to the building, but handicapped restrooms are the furthest ones from the door?
Here is a picture of it. What is it and how do I get rid of it?
whats wrong with him???
I get that little popup. I am about to close 5 tabs, am I sure I want to continue?
But, I just opened this window, I say. but I look, and sure enough, there are multiple tabs open. Looking at them, I remember opening those tabs in rapid succession while I was looking something up... at least 2 weeks ago.
Now, I leave my computer on pretty much all the time, but the only programs taht get left on are 2 messengers. Not Firefox. Firefox, i get done with it, i close it.
Soooo... why did it open tabs from a window of firefox that had been closed long ago?
2. I've heard that putting baking soda in shoes will get rid of the smell- is this true? and do I just sprinkle it in there and then dump it out later?
2. To circumcise or not to circumcise? Why?
Seeing as Webmessenger isn't Mac-compatible, and neither is Trillian appearantly, is there any other way I can access Messenger?
l. Skin color?
( Collapse )
Plus points if it's easy to use!
we have to punctuate as if we were writing in complete sentences, and that confuses me. (grammar is not my strong suit.)
i apologize for my nerdiness and overwhelming love for Han Solo.
( Collapse )
One Tree Hill?
2. Is fingerprinting still possible (and successful) if the person peels the top layer of skin off their fingertips?
Like questions in all those annoying forwards that people send you & you then reply with 20 copies of that email to them...
and then if i'm listening to my ipod on the way to class without really smiling at anyone/anything, i feel as though i'm coming off ass a people hating bitch...
do some people just have mean faces (when they're not smiling)?
2. For what?
3. How much did/would you pay a tutor an hour? I understand that Science/Math tutors generally recive more than a language tutor. How much would be appropriate to ask an hour if I am to be an English and German tutor (high school level)?
1. How the hell does Dateline manage to bust so many online pedophiles? I mean, nearly every one of the guys they bust KNOWS that Dateline does these sting operations fairly regularly, and many of them show some sign of doubting the "child" they are going to meet, so why do they even bother? (I know this is simplistic and niave, but it just boggles my mind every time I see a show and they end up catching so many pedophiles.)
2. (This may have been asked before, but what the hell, let's try it again) Does the premise of the new Survivor series offend you? (They are separating the teams by race) Will you watch it? If so, or if not, does the "race" issue have anything to do with your decision?
In my case, I'm not going to watch it, but I haven't watched Survivor since season 1. I don't see what the big deal is about splitting them into race.... if they were rigging the contests so that a certain team would win, or portraying one race as "better" than another (which they may do, I suppose), then it would be a problem. But, IIRC, there was a season where they were divided into teams by gender - am I forgetting a massive cry of "sexism", or was that not a big deal?
3. Who won Rockstar: Supernove? I didn't really watch that either, as I usually watched other shows when it was on, but I caught bits of it. I DID know enough to have an opinion of all 4 of the finalists, and I liked them all. Did the guy from TOronto really win? I heard on the radio that the winner was actually decided weeks ago, and that it would be him. Have you heard this rumor? Do you believe it? Do you agree with the decision?
Have you ever experienced it? What happened?
If yes, do you have any recomendations of things to do to make it not happen, or to be able to pull out of it faster?
2) what is something i can pack for lunch in place of a sandwich? keep in mind it's for a three year old.
3) if you have kids that take lunch to school, what is a normal lunch that you pack for them?
My son usually gets pb&j, fruit of some kind (usually grapes or apple slices because they're the easiest), goldfish crackers, a granola bar and apple juice.
4) what was your favorite thing to take for lunch as a kid?
pb&j, pringles, cookies, and either mondo or squeezits. (yeah, i was a fatty.)