August 8th, 2006
2.) When you say 'Christmas Eve,' do you usually refer to the whole day before the actual Christmas day of just the night before Christmas day?
3.) Would you have sex with the same/opposite gender version of yourself?
4.) Does anybody else have a thing for redheads?
5.) What's wrong with being pale? [read: healthy pale]
I like milky white. =D
Is there a place I can find something like that?
EDIT: Alright, so it's not released in the U.S. yet. So slow! A different question then: does anyone know the date that it might come out on D.V.D. in the U.S.?
For some reason my sociology class always puts me in great spirits after I leave class. It's odd because I don't agree with some of her opinions on subjects/ideas; but overall, it just makes me realize that I have a really great life.
Other question...what was the coolest birthday present you've ever received?
Have you ever been annoyed at comments like "Oh I can't wear shorts/a bathing suit/anything that shows more than my eye balls because I'm so pale" or even someone else saying that to you?
Now, I'm not saying people can't have their preferences in what looks attractive it's only natural but saying a color of skin is so unattractive it has to be hidden just seems wrong to me.
Anyone else ever feel this way?
If a friend had feelings for you would you want to know?
You can go into as much detail as you like, I just wanna hear some funny real life stories.
- work with computers
- make decent money
- not go insane with boredom
- prefers things like CG and game design to programming and networks, but would be okay with something in between
- already has an associate's degree in Computery Things, so is planning for a bachelor's or master's degree
Any suggestions for majors, schools (in or near Texas), and careers?
2.) Does anyone know the base Fico score to qualify for carecredit?
3.) To all you WoW players out there, do you know if it's patch day tomorrow? It's already a bummer that my day off this week is on a tuesday, but the patch coming out would make it way worse.
Personally, I don't care, and it almost seems like an excuse, just in case their post sucks. JUST POST ALREADY, if your story's good, then yay! If not, it doesn't matter if it's your first, or # 3,000. It still sucks.
I don't know why its been bugging me so much the last couple days, but it almost seems like every second post starts with some version of "First time poster..."
Note: This is somehwat based on a real incident and it's actually important to the action it occur this way. :-) I just can't remember for the life of me what Ms. Scully told Shenika.
I'm getting married in October. My future mother in law (FMIL) went out, picked out and BOUGHT a flower girl dress without me seeing it first. Yeah.
It didn't match our colors and was, well, ugly. I asked her if she could take it back. She told me no. I asked her if she would please take it back. She said no.
We have another flower girl (FG2) and I want the girls to match (naturally). I told her that either she gets a dress that matches FG2 or FG1 won't be in any of the pictures/not in the wedding.
My future father in law said that they'd take the dress back, get store credit and buy the other dress-no problem. He said, "This is your wedding, you want it your way. Not a problem." This was on Friday.
The Groom doesn't care either way. FG1 is his cousins kid, and we basically agreed to have her as a flower girl because FMIL wanted her to be in the wedding.
My FMIL is now not responding to (rather important) e-mails regarding addresses for invitations.
Was I in the wrong to say what I did or is she in the wrong for going out and buying that dress without me?
EDIT: answered! thank you so much!
Good or bad? Thanks!
Any single moms out there who can give any words of wisdom to a man about to get serious with a single mom?
Any guys out there who have gotten serious with a single mom with any words of wisdom to a guy who is about to get serious with a single mom?
Do you think that parents should allow closed/locked doors in the house especially if there is a kid of the opposite (or hell, same) sex in the room with your teenager?
Did your parents allow you to have the door shut when you had someone in your room?
Did your parents ever barge in on you in a compromising situation (not just sex, doing something you weren't supposed to be doing like smoking, drugs, porn, etc.)?
Do you think parents should try to be viewed as a friend to their kids?
Based on what's here, could you guys tell me what colours and placements look best? The more definite the answers, the better :)
(The images are pretty small -- if you're having trouble making out the graphic, there's a larger version of the old-timey camera here).
( Collapse )
She wore an itsy bitsy teeny weeny yellow polka-dot bikini
Which obviously got me pondering...
Do you think the bikini is yellow?
Or the polka dots are yellow?
2. My 10 year old son needs to lose 5 - 6 pounds to meet the weight requirement for football. He's at 140/141 now. I suggested to him today more jogging around the park prior to practice and drink lots of water throughout the day. I've been feeding him low-fat/low-cal meals too. I don't know how much longer he has til the next weigh-in but would like to know if anyone has any other suggestions?
What question or questions tick you off?
I can't stand when someone keeps asking me why about something.
- Why do I have tattoos and why did I get them, does it hurt, how much did they cost, etc.
- Why do I not drink or smoke. Then they proceed to name over every drink and drug and make sure I haven't done anything at all.
Those are the ones that drive me up the wall.
Clarification: I just want tweezing. No waxing, threading, lasers, matches, scissors, just tweezing. :P
Whatcha got for me, TQCsters?
P.S. - it responds to the name 'Wes' (Wes Virginity)
1. Whose autograph have you ever gotten?
2. did you ask for it in person?
3. what did they sign for you?
4. do you still have it somewhere?
5. can you explain the sentimentality of autographs?
(preferably places that don't put their apparel in stores... threadless, etc.
So there's this Australian professor...or...doctor...something like that, who says that craving meat is wired into our DNA, and eating meat puts us in touch with our more primitive selves, and thus is very pleasurable to us on a genetic, DNA level.
So, do you agree with this? Do you feel like you crave meat for no reason? Then how do you explain vegetarians who don't find eating meat pleasurable?
If you're a vegetarian, what's your take on this?
(And really, I'm ignoring the allegations that he's being paid by the food and meat industry of Austrailia to say this, I just want to see your reaction to what he's saying. Actually...you can react to the fact that he's getting paid, too. What do you think about that?)
2) Does it bother you if someone sees your underwear? (say it rides up over your pants or you're wearing a short skirt)
3) Do you think less of someone else if you can see their underwear? Or is it sexy?
4) Someone explain to me why so many girls like thongs. Isn't it uncomfortable? How about g-strings. Isn't that even moreso?
Where can I go on the internet that will entertain me. Also I don't like IE.
I think it starts with an A... not anagram, not anachronism... I know abbreviation works but I think there's another word specifically for this.
i'm having a brain-dead moment.
EDIT: answered, thank you!
I can't find my MLA book right now.
How do you quote something a character says in a fictional wrok?
I'm writing a journal entry/observation about East of Eden and I'm trying to quote something that Charles Trask says to his brother. I forgot the exact way to do it and since I'm going to be an English teacher one day...might as well review now.
Also, what's the most bizarre wrong number you've had?
Mine was this obnoxious woman who kept insisting that my cell # was her daughter's.
Anything I can do to keep my face from turning red?
Do you go tanning? How often and how long?
Use tanning oil? How much did you pay for it? :p
2. What can I do to be a good roomate? What irritated/bothers you about roomates you've had in the past? What is reasonable to expect of a roomate and what is not?
3. What is your favorite smell? Your least favorite?
4. How many places have you lived in your lifetime?
( Collapse )
This might be a stupid question, but oh well.
I haven't been washing my hair *everyday* lately, it's been drying my scalp out too bad.
But does a hair straightner work on hair that hasn't been washed in a day or two?
Do you know anyone who has this at their college? Do you have it at your college? What do you think of this program?
What is the name of these caterpillars/larva/whatever?
What does their adult stage of growth look like?
Where are they commonly found?
Is this just a really, REALLY overpopulated year, or is this amount of webbing/hatchlings/etc. "normal" for this species?
xposted to thequestionclub and appleworld
What slang expression bug the hell out of you?
You have a kid.
The service only generates matches for you of people who are willing to date other people with kids.
Do you tell people upfront? Is it wrong to not tell them until the getting-to-know-you process gets a bit more personal?
You are the other person. Are you pissed off that someone didn't mention that they were a single parent until you started talking directly?
EDIT: Just to be clear, this happened to a guy friend of mine, though I use eHarmony, too. Also, there is not a spot in the profile for you to say if you have a child, so it's not like this girl left the spot blank or said she didn't have any kids. I think he is kind of being a tool about it.
Does anyone here have an espresso machine? A cheap one? An expensive one? How do you like it?
I have one, a $26 cheapie. It brews espresso alright, but steaming milk never seems to go okay. Maybe I just need practice?
If you do have an espresso machine, what kind of coffee do you find works best in it?
2. Am I just odd, or does it annoy anyone else when there's a person who agrees with EVERY SINGLE opinion you have?
3. Do you have more online "friends" than in real life? If yes, does it bother you?
4. Are you afraid of the dark?
Would I need to call Verizon to do this (if it's even possible)?
EDIT: I think I found my answer...Can I block an incoming number? Neither Verizon Wireless nor any other wireless provider is able to block specific numbers from your wireless phone
Mine was LotR I, six times.
2. Is there a generic present that pretty much everyone likes, besides flowers? I did the flowers thing last year, and I don't know this person very well (or at all anymore, really).
Edit: it's a male, and I'd like to be more personal than a gift card. :/
2. Does "thus" have its own symbol? I know ∴ is therefore, but I'm hoping for a separate symbol for thus. No, I won't tell you why, because it's lame enough as it is. XP
Tomorrow, I am going to buy Vera Wang's fragrances Princess... I'm looking for 2 additional ones.
What perfumes are you loving right now?
WHY are they called "polka dots?" Do dots dance?
However, I don't want any train at all. Is it even possible for a talented seamstress to make this dress so that it is the same length all the way around with the beading still at the bottom? I have some names of local seamstresses but I thought I would get a quicker response here and see if y'all think it is even possible before I start calling them and trying to explain it over the phone. Thanks!
1b) If you use one or both, which products do you use?
2) What's your favorite brand of nail polish?
3) What type of mascara do you use? Why that particular type?
4) What's your favorite makeup trick?
5) Do you use shampoo and conditioner that go together?
6) Do you wash your hair everyday? Condition it every day?
7) What's your favorite facial moisturizer?
8) What's your worst makeup horror story? Either about a makeup application or about a makeup product?
1a) I use concealer.
1b) It's the Neutrogena one which is supposed to help acne.
2) I like Sally Hansen Natural Growth.
3) I forget, but I'm not a huge fan of it.
4) Haven't used makeup enough the past few years to really have one, but I'm interested to read all of yours.
5) Not at the moment. I have a little bit of my Herbal Essences shampoo left, but I use Aussie shampoo because it makes my hair feel good.
6) Yes and yes. I'm not sure if I really should though because it's damaged from years of chlorine and hair dye.
7) I'm using one by Philosophy right now that's decent, but I'm looking for a few one.
8) I bought a nail polish a few weeks ago and from the beginning it's been rather clumpy and looks bad. Even my boyfriend said "It looks too thick."
Then there was the time my friends gave me a "makeover" and used 3 tubes of roll-on glitter gel (we were 11). For the rest of the weekend you could see small pieces of glitter still stuck to me.
If I water them every day, will they be perked up and green again in about 7 days?
And does the time of day I water them matter? Is it better to water them in the morning, or can I do it in the evening?
EDIT: I ended up taking a cup and scooping the water out... haha. But does anyone know the answer for future reference? :)
So...what exactly do I say? Just that I'm not renewing my lease? Do I need to give a reason why? Is it proper to say that you've liked living here (yes, I'm that kind of person)? I've not done this before, so I'm like, dur, this should be simple, but I want to make sure I'm not breaking some rule or something.
I know I'm going to forget something.
A good friend of mine is going through a rough time (her father will more than likely pass away within the next couple days if he hasn't yet) and I am on the other side of the country from her. I wanted to make some cookies, or brownies or other such item and mail them to her since I can't be there to make them myself.
So, has anyone ever shipped such items before?
If you have, what is the safest way to package them? Tupperware? Plastic baggies?
What shipping service would you reccomend as one who will treat the package the best so it won't be crumbs when it gets to them? (in the United States, please)
If you were sending a care package to your friend, her mother, her older brother and her nephew when her (their) father (husband, grandfather) has passed away, what would you include in it?
I don't really know what is appropriate in this situation, having never gone through it with someone I was so emotionally close to. :(
Anyone know how to open my Notepad .txt files on my Mac?
I'm a dumbass. Problem solved.
A friend thinks the car is low on power-steering fluid, but has no idea how we check this or how we'd top it up if that's the case. When I pop the hood, I can see where the fluid reserve is, but there hasn't been a dashboard light or anything about it.
1)What might the squeaking steering wheel mean?
2)Is it possible to purchase power steering fluid? And are there different sorts or something? Is it possible to get the wrong one?
I will take the car to my local mechanic when my pay comes in next week, of course, but temporary solutions are always good.
2. when you poop, how do you sit? lol. (oops, i meant... slouched, back straight, sitting back. i'm just actually looking for the weird answers, if there's any.)