One guy is homeless and the other guy is a college student.
Who would you give your money to?
So, my question is do you think homeless people choose to be homeless?
1. So, pretend you bought a new car last October. (This is all very specifically hypothetical.) You've had enough money to make the payments, but since registering it and getting plates and everything are uberexpensive, you keep putting it off and it's kindasorta not done. Luckily, no one's caught on and you're not in jail. In the same vein, your license was suspended when you didn't pay a few traffic tickets. And then it expired. And now you're moving to a city (we'll say Philadelphia) where you probably don't need a car, right? But you're terrified of flying and thus need to drive there. What do you need to do?
(Part of the question is, do you need to register the car before you can sell it? Will the dealer probably buy it back?)
2. How much does it cost to rent a car for a 1500-mile drive? Like... two-three days?
3. Also, getting the license un-suspended... last time someone hypothetically checked, several months ago, it cost $350. Does that cost go up as time goes by?
4. Any good places to get music that's legal and not iTunes (read: cheap)?
5. Anyone want to tell me anything useful about Philadelphia?
6. Any cool programs/advice for/about Macs? I'm still getting used to mine.
7. I'm going to college! Can you give me some good things to bring? (Everything from the material, like a toaster, to the abstract, like a sense of adventure, would be appreciated.)
Thanks in advance :)
ETA: Lectures on car issues not needed. I promise that we both know that it's not a good thing. At this point, it's more of a "digging oneself out of a hole" than an "I need advice about what not to do."
Why didn't I start packing sooner, instead of a few hours before I leave?
anyone know how to access your google mail if you forgot your pass word?
i can't afford to go to the gym and I was wondering what kind of excerises I can do in my own bedroom. I already do about 20 situps and 10 pressups every night and I'd like to increase that to make myself more toned and fit. I used to be really active, but health problems got in the way and I'd like to get a bit more fit and lose a bit of weight!
so my question is, are there any music videos that you specifically remember seeing a lot of (preferably pre-britney/n*sync era) and/or still see occasionally?
- The Loch Ness Monster
- Life on other planets
- The Mothman
- The Jersey Devil
- Spring-Heeled Jack
What is "stew, stew, stew, soup" from? It's a woman telling a man that what he's making doesn't have enough water to be soup, so he pours more in and she tells him when it's reached the point of soup.
Can dried fruit, by definition, be "fresh"?
Are there any good places to download podcasts that teach you different languages? What are they?
what's your opinion of camouflage fashion?
why is this even in existance as fashion (away from the military)?
do you wear camoflage stuff?
why? why not?
2.Do you feel the compulsive need to reply to every comment you recieve?
3. When I read people's usernames that have the letters to other alphabets, I wind up reading the name according to how it's pronounced in the other language's alphabet. Do you? [For example, I've seen people use the Greek 'Delta' as an 'A' and I read it as 'd']
2. Do your subject titles actually reflect the content of your post or are they different?
3. When was the last time you slept?
What's my mom's cousin's step-son to me?
Is there even a term for that?
I don't know, I recently met him for the first time (don't get the wrong idea, I have a big Italian family - on my mom's side - and we're very close. But he wasn't mentioned much and he's on Broadway, always busy. So my instant reaction upon meeting him was, "Did Dominica get re-married again?" Didn't even know he existed.) so I guess that's on my mind.
1. what came first-the music or the misery?
2. what's the best electric tooth brush you've ever had?
3. are nosehair clippers safe? if so, is it better to get the fancy ones whose ends are molded into a circle?
4. who makes a better leo bloom-martin short or matthew broderick?
Does anyone know what this is?
Just curious, what political party are you registered with? (Or if you're not able to vote yet, what party do you think you will register with?)
More on the political party part: Are you active in your party in any way? Would you be? And do you think it would be really not cool for a non-active member of one party to step in and help run a website for another party?
2. Do you think short hair makes girls' faces look fat? (ex-boyfriend told me he thought so, and I wondered if there was anyone who thought that.)
3. Back to Lazytown: is it possible to get that pirate song out of your head? 'Cause it's stuck in mine....
Would a lovely person like to explain in beginner's terms how this might be possible?
The ones that encase certain electronics, and other items. I'm opening a data stick right now, and use scissors, but each and every time I end up with an enormous cut, or bruises, or ripping some instructions on the inside.
why, oh why must they be so difficult?!?!?
what other common things have name changes like that around the country/world
(for example Eddy's icecream is Dryers in the west)
What's your favourite band name, and why?
I've always liked The Beatles, because of its simplicity (and misspelling?).
I had signed up for intern housing from my internship program but I just found out that both me and my boyfriend will be working at Census in Suitland, and the program wouldn't put us together, so we're trying to find housing together on short notice.
The internship is aug 24 to dec 9.
We are looking for a place that allows temporary leases (between those dates), and allows us to live together. Also, any recommendations for which neighborhoods are good to live in and bad to live in, etc.
Also, has to be near metro since we won't have a car. If it's fully furnished and utilties included, a big plus. We are trying to cut cost so anyplace that isn't too up your ass costly would be great.
Just throw out any suggestions at all. It's a sorta short notice and I really like to find somewhere soon.
What would be ONE thing to make Dick Cheney more likable for you? I realize this is a pretty tough thing to ask for, but if he had to do one thing to win you back, what would it be?
What are some weird candy bar names you have seen around the US/the world and what are they like?
I used to live in a very Russian part of town and remember goign with a buddy of mine and getting some funky candies
1- capricious squirrel - hunk of chocolate with...cashews? really good
2- clumsy bear - milk chocolate with nuts and caramel, really good
3- angry elephant - dark chocolate with a pina colada center, horrible
4- accident- with a name like that I figured it HAD to be good... I was wrong, very wrong. It basically was chocolate with what seemed to be old...gooey...carbonated...jello. I dont really know how else to describe it.
Clueless Yanks want to know!!
I don't mean like murder or chopping off your own arms or anything like that - but something that you might have an opportunity to do and get away with but you just can't let yourself do it.
And why won't you do it?
Has anyone had any experiances with this, even if with other breeds? My mother has raised Akitas for years and three of hers (all unrelated) have had similar experiances and they have all died from it in spans ranging from a few days to a little over a week. Each one she took to the vet and spent thousands of dollars trying to diagnose, treat and save. It was horrible and of course, scares me now.
Here's some more info about my doggie and household to help you guys understand my specific situation:
- My husky is roughly 3ish years old, he is a rescue and they had to guess from his teeth, so we're not 100% certain.
- We keep any and all chemicals out of the reach of animals, so there's no way he got into something in our house.
- We only walk our dogs on leashes, never tie them out or let them on their own and only in our own yard, so they haven't gotten into anything out there.
- They haven't been to the dog park in weeks, so I don't think they could have picked up anything there.
- They don't really socialize with other dogs. They've met our neighbors' dogs twice, but the last time they met was weeks ago, and all my neighbors' animals seem very healthy.
- They are fed a consistant diet of the same food unless the store is out and then if I have to get another type, it's the smallest bag I can get and again, hasn't happened in over a month.
- They don't have any access to other 'safe' poisons like chocolate or plants.
- My Corgi is not having any sort of symptoms, and they are BFF, so if they got into something, I'd think they both would have gotten some and thus both have the trouble.
So, any thoughts or experiances with this sort of thing? Any and all help is appreciated!
What do you think of THIS? It's a link to YouTube...I guess I could have posted the actual video, but I'm saving your friends page.
What about THIS? Not a link to YouTube. Just an article.
Neither of the links should give you pop-ups. If they do, you can shoot me.
I've tried all three and decided to head over to eBay to buy some that are only available in the US and UK, so far I've seen mango, grapeseed, passionfruit, shea butter, choc-orange, cranberry.
I bought the grapeseed and mango from a seller in the US, I've yet to try the mango as it's a gift for a friend. But the grapeseed one tastes rather perfume-like (almost like eating soap!), though it smells and looks fine, the texture is still as it should be. Is it always like this or possibly old stock? My boyfriend had a papaya one that tasted a bit perfumey after it had been open for a couple months. I don't want to hassle the seller about selling products that are less than fresh if it's meant to be like this!
Thanks in advance! :)
My school gave them to me in sealed envelopes and in the window it says 'Issued to Student'
Im not sending them with the app. because I did that online.
So, should I put a post it or something on the envelopes with my name..soc. security #, anything?
Or just put them in a bigger envelope, address them and off they go?
If at all, how many times did you switch colleges? (undergrad)
When you run up/down stairs, do your boobs hurt?
What can you do to make them not hurt?
A friend and I have this problem and we don't know what to do besides holding the girls, but we wouldn't want to do that if people are around.
2. Why is that your favorite?
3. I love the pesto sauce on one of Wendy's frescata sandwiches but I have no idea how to make it. Anyone know of pesto recipes that taste similar...or better yet, the same?
EDIT: Okay, how about a recipe for *any* pesto sauce?
4. What's your favorite food song? (Like "C is for Cookie" or something)
So my questions are: Are there any city/town map generators that are pretty in depth and can show the number of buildings a given space and stuff? Are they any good, detailed pictures of pre-existing towns in dnd or even maps of actual or imagined towns and cities that would have existed in medievil times?
p.s. I mean things I can download online or perhaps peruse in the library for free.
How old is your SO?
How long have you two been together?
What's your favourite type of tea? Do you like traditional tea, fruity flavours or perhaps green or icetea?
I love traditional tea myself. My favourites are the Earl Grey selection; the usual Earl Grey, Russian Earl Grey, Persian Earl Grey (♥!) and English Breakfast. I also very much like English Afternoon tea :)
(as you can tell, I'm BORED! :)
If so, why?
At least every couple of weeks I see someone around my suburb sitting in their car, looking blank. They're not waiting for someone to come out of the house because some of them that I've seen when waiting for my bus or walking somewhere and home again have been there for ages. or if they are they've got weird friends. I see them at all hours of the day and it's a totally residential area so they’re not waiting to start work (not legitimate work anyway). And if they're spys they're crap at it. And they never try to rob me.
Do you ever park in residential areas just to think? What do you think about?
Do you find it disrespectful?
Did you see United 93?
What did you think?
And why does youtube insist on always cutting off the last 2 or 3 seconds of my videos that I upload? So annoying.
I really like this one, but ( Collapse )
oh right and a useful detail... 256 or 512MB, under $30 if possible.
Do you have a particular brand/restaurant that you like, or just a particular flavour?
Mine is Roasted Garlic and Buttered potato from the cafe I work in. It's really good, really garlicky and just very delicious in every way. Working there has actually spoiled me against other soup... It's just all good.
The only thing I can figure is it's a side effect of using my hands in a different way -- I didn't play piano today at home but I did pick up my guitar (I play righthanded, as in the neck is in my left hand) and I played through a fast song for the first time and might have tensed up more than I should, since I'm new to playing guitar and have only *really* been working on it for about a week. When I played piano at work, it almost felt like I didn't have as much control over my right hand as I usually do, which was scary. It doesn't hurt, it's not cramped up... I don't know what it is.
Any ideas? Anyone else ever been through this kind of thing, where you just randomly get the shakes and can't stop?
Return them? Burn them? put them in a box never to be touched again? other?
It's pronounced: FA-SAWED (Marcellas said it tonight on Big Brother)
Obviously, not the way it's spelled. I was thinking it's probably something like fausaude, or facsaude, or phsaude, none are correct and it's making me insane.
If so, of what play(s)? For those who acted, what character role(s) were you playing?
Did you have any good experience with that/those?
If you don't want children, why not?
You are putting together a little something for "the girls" at the medical office you work at, an animal shaped sippy cup filled with candy (we have a tendency to spill coffee). Do you give one to the doctor of the office? Even though he's not really one big on silly jokes, but he did take everyone out to lunch one day?
I'm also bringing in pastry of some sorts, I'll bring enough to share with him.
Your child is born with 6 functioning fingers on each hand, do you have the 6th removed? I know a mother that is in the process of looking for a surgeon for her baby, even though the baby's fingers are actually developed. I think it's wrong because the child's health is not in danger, the mother is doing this to conform to society's views on beauty. Kids will always be made fun of, regardless if they have a 6th finger on each hand...
What were you made fun of for in elementary school/high school? For my first 2 years of high school I had a very nice nickname because my breasts were "too perky".
a few questions, if you all wouldn't mind =)
did you go away to college? did you like it? were any of you apprehensive, but now don't regret it? do you regret it?
what was your major?
can a cosmetology student (hair and/or makeup application) or a criminology student tell me what it's like and what is involved in getting that degree?
thank you soooo much!
What are your thoughts on this comedian?
I'm fond of 'Be Prepared' in the Lion King. And I also remember liking the music from Hercules.
I've already tried:
tea with honey
painkillers (for cramps originally)
gargling with warm salt water
ANY other possible treatments?