Does anyone know if Claire's does third ear piercings?
I have seconds already and I want three.
Oh yeah, I Googled this already and found no answer.
have you ever taken a greyhound bus before?
tell me about it. good experience vs. bad experience. i need to get from brattleboro, vt. to nyc and i'm thinking a bus is the best way to go.
**edit: did you sit next to fat people?
What does "muly" stand for or mean?
So, I pretty much only have three friends because I am a picky bitchface. And usually this is fine. I like my buddies very much and up until the end of this school year, they liked me.
One of them has apparently just decided that she doesn't like me anymore. She told her best friend, Laina, who in turn, told me. She also mentioned to our other friend, Karen, that she didn't think she'd be seeing much of me this summer. Which Karen found odd, as we'd all been planning on hanging out together, so she told me. We're all really close. Kara, the girl who no longer likes me, must have known that Laina and Karen wouldn't not tell me. Karen is my best friend and not terribly close with Kara, either, so she especially does not carry any obligation to cover up for Kara not liking me. You tell her something like that and no shit, she's my best friend, she's gonna tell me all about it. I just chalked it up to her being too much of a wimp to tell me face to face that she no longer wants to be pals, which I was fine with (I'm the least close to her out of the three of them).
However, recently she's still been trying to chat with me on AIM, comments to my xanga, suggests stuff for us all to do together. Her behavior towards me hasn't really changed at all. I'm rather confused.
So, thoughts? Is she bi-polar or just stupid? Should I be asking her about it instead of debating it with you folk on tqc early this morning? We've been not so close since we turned 18 (she does not approve of cigarettes or porn or underage drinking or whatnot) and I honestly wouldn't mind losing her as a friend, but I'm not sure how to go about dealing with this. I'll probably just ask her when she gets back from vacation, but that'll fuck up any potential group vacations, so I dunno.
And hey, that's all of us in the icon, so guess which one she is for bonus points! Or if you're really bored, guess who all of us are. Just to amuse yourself.
Ever had eviction notice?
Telling your experience would be great.
I've never received one before, but this gets me intrigued.
Why is copy paste not working on my computers? Neither the key shortcut (ctrl c and v) or right click methods are working on firefox for me. Is there a function I should turn on or off?
Is there a difference between English Breakfast and Irish Breakfast tea?
I'll assume Irish Breakfast is pretty much what I would call 'tea'. When drinking this specific type of tea, how do you take it?
Milk, occaisionally a small sugar, but not all the time.
(Why would anyone drink it milk-less? That's just crazy.)
Would/Do you drink decaf tea? Would it be/is it for ordered health reasons, or are you just paranoid about caffeine?
Okay, so here goes:
I'm schedualed to work on Monday, from 4:45-close. (At Target) and I want to go out instead. Very badly.
Now, my question is should I call in sick, or talk to them about it? And should I tell the truth, or use and excuse? I dont know if I should tell them today at work, or if I should just call in sick. Any advice is helpful.
Things to consider:
1. It'll be my 5th week of working here (but it's only a summer job)
2. I've never called in sick, not shown up, or been late.
3. I'm currently at 36 hours for that week WITHOUT that shift...and the rule is up to 40, but not over.
4. Monday is the day before the 4th of July, thus, a lot of things to set up.
5. I have a history of having a bad knee (popping out of it's socket, crutches, etc)...always an easy excuse...
6. I've checked the shift board and almost everyone who's over 18 is already schedualed until close that day (other than those who have asked for it off or arent available)
7. I am working on the 4th from 6pm-close, and intend to show up for that shift.
So what are you doing today?
pretty soon i'm going to take my dogs out to pee, get a shower, take my husband's SUV to get washed, go to the used bookstore, buy myself some lunch, then come home and do chores.
anyone know a good way to get from Saint Paul, MN to East Troy, Wisconsin? Mapquest sucks.
Who else is excited about the funnel cakes being served at IHOP? Hands?
How do you lose back fat?
1) Do you go to a chiropractor? Why or why not?
2) Don't medical doctors disdain chiropracty? Or is it more accepted than it used to be?
If you had the chance to go into space would you?
Someone posted a question yesterday about whether or not birth control should be free and I noticed that a lot of people answered no way due to the fact that it'd be their tax money paying for it.
For people in countries where there's no socialized health care:
Does it really make fiscal sense to not take the preventative route (providing free birth control) rather than paying for the pre-natal, natal, and other medical expenses related to a poor/uninsured person's pregnancy and birth?
Do you feel that society as a whole should contribute to the betterment of society as a whole, either financially or in other ways?
Do you feel that less suffering in the world would make it a better place for you, as well as everyone else? Why or why not?
I heard a report on NPR the other day that 4,000 people a year are given prescriptions (at one major city hospital) for food due to malnutrition. Does it strike you as absurd that people living in the richest country in the world are suffering from malnutrition?
What's the thing that your tax dollars fund that most offends you?
And, for something completely different....
If you have a dog, does s/he look embarrassed when s/he poops? Do you avert your gaze?
I'm trying to find resources for my mom on living with Coumadin (blood-thinning medication). She's looking for a book written for patients, but does NOT want the cookbook that I keep running across when I search.
She's not techno-savvy enough to use LJ, but she can use email, so any listserv kind of thing would also be great.
Can anyone help?
What do you think is the greatest thing since sliced bread?
(personal or otherwise)
So, I am at CCY for this art program camp thing for 5 weeks. It's only the first week and I want to go. I'm not homesick but I'm just not feeling this place. They make us interact with each other like 24/7 and I do like talking to people but not constantly. Also, I am just not that passionate about art yet. I can't do it all day. Another thing that bothers me is that I have no technical skills. They can't really teach them here because we're suppose to already know them and I don't. I do like art but I don't know if I should leave. This is a great thing for me but I'm just not happy. I am not that driven and I don't love art that much. I love making it on my own time and I like making things I want to make without being graded. Plus my roommates kind of ignore me and that pisses me off greatly and I want to just hang out in my room and read sometimes but I can't.
Should I leave? My mom says I can tomorrow and I probably will but I don't know if I should. It makes me look like I'm homesick and a wimp but I just don't feel ready yet. I would like to go to art school one day but when I'm ready and feel like I can take things on. This program should help me but I just feel bad not knowing simple shit like working with charcoal.
Who thinks you are the greatest thing since sliced bread?
How contagious is Pink Eye? For those who've had it, how bad were your symptoms? What are the treatment(s)? Your recovery time?
1. What was the last non-important decision you made?
2. What was the last important decision you made?
3. Hows your day been so far?
4. Done anything stupid/embarrassing today? What?
5. What is the weirdest item that you own?
Ive been searching google for about 20 minutes and came across a few forums, but nothing Im really looking for. Do you know of any site that has lists of active forums? Im looking for one kind of focused around teens and/or drugs? Thanks :)
Suddenly this morning the dialup internet connection on my other computer ceased to work. It worked fine as of last night, when I last used it. I did not change any settings then.
The modem dials correctly but no programs can talk to the internet.
The modem is installed correctly and there are no com port conflicts.
I made a new network connection, no improvement.
I have already found that it is not the firewall, adware/spyware, or a virus. It can't be my phone line or cord because I can connect fine (obviously!) from this computer.
I followed every other step in the Windows troubleshooting guide. Most of the steps were irrelevant, but I tried changing the port speed from 115200 to 57600 didn't work, but down to 9600 did. Until I disconnected and later tried to redial. The problem is back.
What else should I try?
Thanks in advance!
What irritates you the most about talking to people online in IM or on LJ?
I really cannot stand it when people use an ampersand (&) for the word "and."
"I went to the mall & we bought shoes & clothes & saw an old lady with purple hair & big glasses & blahblahblah."
My god, it infuriates me. I also hate people using a commercial at for the word at, too.
"I'm going to be @ the stadium @ 4:00.."
Though, it bothers me less so than the former.
1. What are some brands that you think of when you think of quality and tradition? Or maybe just good quality and fairly inexpensive (like Jansport bags and Converse shoes); and should be a staple for every wardrobe?
2. Wednesday I applied to four jobs (a dollar tree, two dry cleaners, and a pet shop). None have called yet. Should I call them? What should I say? When should I call them?
3. I'm moving to a new city in the fall. Other then joining clubs at college, what can I do to make friends? I don't really know anyone from there, and I don't drink or anything.
4. What makes Target "better" then Walmart? I only hear Walmart criticized, but what makes Target not a... Target to social activists?
So about 45 minutes ago, 2 of my dogs ate some chocolate. Not a lot, probably about 3 small squares. I looked online at a dog care website and it said if the dog(s) seem fine after 15 minutes, then don't worry about it. Is that true or is there something that I should do? I would call my vet but he isn't open.
So, I'm playing my music in iTunes. It's fine and dandy. I'll be browsing the interweb and suddenly in the middle of the song, it gets staticky and annoying. It's typically after I click on a link for a new website or something. I thought my speakers were dying, but no, if I press pause and then play again, the static goes away. Is there a way to keep the static away forever, or am I doomed to constantly pause then play music if I want to hear it properly?
What "label" did you fit into in highschool? Were you the prom queen, the nerd, the jock, etc?
What're you currently doing with your life (are you married, what job do you have, etc) and did your clique in highschool affect it at all?
What's 180oC as a gas mark?
What ever happened to Jennicam?
I really liked her.
I want to be a cam girl.. I need more info on good webcams (hardware)
and which websites will host my cam?
Keeping in mind I'm not super computer literate.
Thanks, happy weekend.
EDIT: since everyone is so snarky.. I don't masterbate in front of my computer. I want a website so my mother who lives far can see my 2 very well adjusted children.
You all suck. How about you just ASK my intentions?
Happy Canada Day!
Is anyone here Canadian?
If you're not...what do you like about Canada?
Thank you all for your input and sentiment. It is greatly appreciated.
Is it appropriate to refer to a sadhu as "a holy man"? I'm mentioning one briefly in an oral presentation and I want to say
"Sri Sri Ramnarian Das is a
Muslim Hindu, he's from India. He is considered a holy man, or "sadhu". When a sadhu dies, the people will bring his body to the river, surround him with stones and tie his hair to the rocks. Then they take him out in a boat and throw his body into a river. He is said to be pulled up to heaven by his dreadlocks."
but since I know absolutely nada about the hindu religion, i don't know if this is specifically accurate to describe a sadhu as a "holy man" but it's kinda what i gathered from wiki and my encyclopedia.
and, how often do you have to mop your kitchen floor?
would you consider it trashy for a girl not to wear a bra with a halter top?
if so, is it any less trashy if said girl is built like a slightly chubby 12 year old boy?
1. Would you rather have a roommate who is clean and not too friendly, or a roommate who is messy and nice?
2. For those of you who have/had a roommate, what was something they did that drove you absulotely batshit insane and made you want to punch people?
3. When you're having that usual, chit-chat with a new friend and the conversation turns to favorite music, what bands, artists, or genres of music automatically make you think higher of the other person for liking? Which ones make you think lower of them? And if you're going to say 'everything and none', just shush. I don't want to hear about how open-minded you are, I'm asking about your judgements.
What do you do when you're really pissed off and need to relieve some stress, but aren't in the kind of situation where you can randomly scream and/or break a plate?
What item caused you to have the biggest buyer's regret?
For me, it was the Boba Fett helmet I bought on ebay for about $30. I'm convinced this is the most pointless purchase I've ever made in my life.
this question is way-fluffy; i apologize in advance.
so i've had a bizarre-in-the-good way type of week. a guy at work asked me out to dinner. i'm utterly flattered but mildly panicked. i haven't played the dating game in a while, and ive never been on a date where i didnt know the other person.
were going out to dinner at an applebees/fridays type place. so, i figured i'd ask: what do you think i should wear??
im dressed nicely at work - no blue jeans or anything. i like dressing up, i look good in skirts (hey, i have nice legs), but i dont want to seem over-dressed. he doesnt have to dress nice for work so i suspect he'll go casual. so... advice, anyone?
1. Here is a not so hypothetical question about parenting - let's say you have an 18 year old daughter. She's in National Honors Society, just graduated high school, and is going to George Washington University next year. She asks you if she can take a week long roadtrip in the summer following a band around. She'd pay for it herself. You say no because you suspect that there is some kind of sexual relationship between her and the band because she's already been to one show, or that she might be exposed to drugs; however, you're nice, so you say she can go to ONE show.
Later you find out that she went to two and lied about the second. What would an appropriate punishment be?
2. What would you think about a parent who 'fined' their kid for what they did described above. Made them pay $150 and they're 18 years old. Is that even legal?
3. What do you think was the best thing your parents ever did for you, parenting wise? Worst?
4. Have you ever seen Hedwig and the Angry Inch? Thoughts on it? Yay or nay, favorite song, etc.
Whats your current favorite song? A song you could put on repeat for an hour.
Whats one of your favorite songs of all time?
Im wanting to get some new music going on my Winamp. ALL genres welcome. I know everyone loves music and could ramble a huge list but try to narrow to just one song each for the two questions. :)
Right now I'm enjoying a glass of Chateau St. Michelle Riesling, Eroica. It's pretty tasty.
What's your prefered wine?