ETA: This is a hypothetical situation, just so you know.
ETA: This is a hypothetical situation, just so you know.
it sucks. alot.
I suggest getting shave secret at walmart and its 20-30 cents cheaper.
what are some of the stuff you have seen on tv and when you bought it didn't live up to expectations?
I would love to go to grad school full-time, but I have only been taking two classes at a time thinking I would save money. But the only jobs I am able to get pay really lousily and they are very unenjoyable service jobs. So, now I am wondering if perhaps I am actually losing money on the deal since I will be working more years in low paying jobs, while my tuition raises every year.
I am thinking that perhaps going full time is actually more practical than I had originally thought? Loans shouldn't be a problem. My husband will be well into his career as a lawyer once I am done with school and we can pay big chunks of it along the way.
What do you all think? I am not too good at the financial analysis end of this.
Do you know any good, free sites where you can make your own newsletters and send them out?
1: It needs to be add free.
2: I need to send out to over 500 people, so no limits are allowed.
3: And finally, please not a site that steals emails and sells them to Rupert Murdoch and co. ;)
I know this is a longshot, but... I had to ask. :)
(Never mind that the place might not be open, or that it's the wrong time of year, or that it's too dark out...none of that pesky rationality.)
[note: I realize this has probably been asked before, but I'm too lazy to search through old entries]
So, do you have any recommendations for laptop sleeves, especially ones that come in large sizes? (Note that I've tried going through my laptop's manufacturer and nothing thrills me.)
2. What's the best thing about your job?
3. What's the worst thing about your job?
4. What's the funniest/weirdest/coolest thing you can tell me about one of your coworkers?
This question has a twist to it. I want to see if there are people here who haven't been to a theater in 2+ years (since 2004 or earlier).
The last movie I saw in theaters was How the Grinch Stole Christmas, back in November 2000. Can you beat that? ;)
(For the record, I have ABSOLUTELY no interest in setting foot inside a theater anytime soon. I've done it for 5 1/2 years, why not try for 10 years?)
theres always been a bit of a leak in the bathroom ceiling. the acoustic tiles get moist when it rains, sometimes sag a bit. landlord finially replacing the roof (its been going on for the past few days, no idea if they're done ot not).
so it rains tonight, and now water is dripping big time. bathroom, kitchen, and now there are moist spots in the living room. part of the bathroon ceiling has fallen in, and a light fixture is hanging halfway down.
we cleaned up the tile, have buckets and such collecting the drips (for the most part) and towels all over the place. we are calling the landlord first thing in the morning.
what should we do now??
Is a valedictorian speech a one that is endorsed by and represents a school, or the individual student? How about a graduation speech?
Do you think proselytizing is permissible in a speech or not?
Can you think of any more examples of school censorship for comparison? [I thought of Nick Lassonde but that was a little while ago and not very well publicized]
what else should we sell w/this?
how much do we charge?
How would I go about getting a copy of my birth certificate?
Thanks everyone. :)
What are some of the best OTC things I can buy? How can I get the stuff out?!
Fall, our dog, flips out whenever he sees her. My mom's pissed as hell and all OMG DOG IN DISGRACE YADDA YADDA YADDA, and I think she's going about it wrong.
What's a good, surefire way to introduce the two to make it good? Fall's an incredibly sweet dog, but he's just scared shitless of Haley. He flips and barks and snarls when he sees her, then settles down immediately, but still flips when she runs by.
Advice, please? I'm pissed as all hell at my Mom for being so pissed at the dog - yes, he's being bad, but it's not like he's meaning to or like he's used to little girls.
We have a citronella collar, but it doesn't do much.
I don't want to get glasses! Can I go straight to contacts without ever getting glasses?
Would there be a adjustment period where things look blurry or distorted with contacts while I get used to then? I know people say that happens with new glasses, is it the same with contacts?
Do you wear glasses? Contacts?
How long have you had them?
Have you tried both contacts AND glasses? Which did you like better?
Ever gone straight to contacts without ever wearing glasses?
Have you ever had a bikini wax? I'm getting mine done this weekend...it's going to killll me to have to wait to get it done. How bad is the pain? Should I take a pain reliever before I go?
Weed or cigarettes?
I need two math classes for my degree. we will just call them math 1 and math 2.
I am currently in math 1, and struggling...Im pulling a B right now but its a 16week course piled into 5 weeks. class everyday and a horrible prof.
It ends next week at which point I am registered for math #2, another 5 week hell course with a teacher I dont hear the best of things about, but dont personally know.
Its the summer of my freshman year in college, Im working 32+ hours a week and juggling classes (no social life because I dont have time) My GPA is a 3.7 and Im damn proud however I was expecting these classes to lower it a bit because I completely suck at math.
My father thinks and is adament about my dropping math #2 and taking it in the fall, where I have no room for it other than as an internet course, which would take my credit load to 19 ( 12 - 18 if full load here) and it would be online...no prof explaining physically in front of me.
The break does sound nice...but so does having all my math out of the way.
What would you do?
Internet in the fall or 5 weeks summer course?
also, I dont know if its a big deal or not, but Im already taking another internet course in the fall..a stupid conputer requirement (do you know how to use excel etc) I could push it back to the spring semester where I have a very light load, but I dont really want to.
I tend to become over zealous with school sometimes.
So if you choose internet in the fall. w/ the computer class or w/o?
i like the deleted bookmarks one
what kind of weather do you like?
It's already the loudest most obnoxious alarm clock ever. It wakes my roommates up, it's really REALLY loud, but I just don't hear it. If I do this one more time I'm going to lose my job!
Are there alarm clocks for deaf people? Where do I get one?
Today in Target for buying Sudafed!
2. Did you know that today is National Chocolate Pudding Day? Do you plan on eating any chocolate pudding?
3. Do you like green tea?
Yes, but only the iced kind from Panera Bread.
4. Do you like enchiladas? What are your favorite kind?
Yes! The kind made with vegetarian "ground beef"
5. I ordered a few things from Girl Props on June 16th, they claim they shipped them on the 19th and that they would be here in between 4 and 6 days. When I use the USPS tracking number they gave me I get this, does that mean it hasn't actually been shipped yet? So will it be an additional 4 to 6 days? Think it will arrive today?
1. I'm going to a community college next year. What are the chances of some one who never played the sport before making a CC team? Even though it's a CC, I would still assume that they cut a lot of people because there's 7,000 students. There are no intramurals at the school.
2. How would one find a intramural that isn't connected to a college or university? Like a soccer club or the like. The few I am finding has people who were MVP in college. I want to find something like pick up games, or a casual league.
3. I just received my financial aid information. It's composed solely of grants and an oncampus work study, and I need about $2000 more to help cover living expenses. Could I call the college and ask to take out a Stafford loan even if it's not included in the package? Would they take it out of my grants, so I would still end up with the same rewards package. I received quite a lot, so I don't want to seem ungrateful.
4. Other then joining sports and clubs, how can I meet friends in the city to which I'm moving. I'm not the type of person who goes up to somebody else and starts talking, nor do I go to bars or clubs (because I'm underage, and I don't drink).
PS: Other the Turninto.com are there any website that give you costume ideas for famous people/cartoons/politicians or that are legit guides for showing you how to dress or look like some one?
If yes, which hotel did you (or someone you knew) work for and how much was the discount?
I have a pretty basic (read: crappy) computer desk. This desk is EXTREMELY basic -- no drawers on it AT ALL. It's also really old and was made at a time when horizontal CPU towers were popular, instead of vertical. Thus, my CPU tower has to sit under my desk, giving me less footspace. But I digress.
I just did a total computer desk overhaul, and that included organizing papers and stuff we had in our makeshift 'file drawer' (papers shoved into an old Frankhoma napkin holder). I had extra file folders lying around, and organized them into file folders.
The problem is, I DON'T HAVE A FILE DRAWER. Help me here...what could I put the file folders in? No, we don't have boxes lying around. I'm pretty resourceful, but today the well is dry. HELP!
2. What is the one job that you would never want to have?
3. Which do you think would be easier, going a whole day only being allowed to talk in song lyrics, or going a whole day only being allowed to talk in rhymes?
4. Why does spongebob live in a pineapple?
5. What was the last thing you ate and drank?
6. How long do you spend on livejournal a day?
7. What color shirt are you wearing right now?
8. If you had a million dollars to spend on fun things (not bills or icky things like that) what would you spend it on?
9. If you had to get a tattoo, what would be of, and where would you put it?
10. What was the last dream you had?
11. Whats your name? Do you like it? If you could change it to anything you wanted, would you?
12. If you could have any super power, what would it be?
13. What is your favorite flavor of ice cream?
14. Lets say you and your friend are crossing a street and s/he stops for a moment. All of the sudden, a huge bus turns the corner and is about to hit him/her. Would you push them out of the way? What if it was a family member? Enemy?
15. How tall are you? Would you rather be shorter or taller?
16. If you had to dye your hair any weird color, what would it be and why?
17. Did at any point during you replying to this post, did you get bored and consider doing something else?
Put yourself in the place of the borrowing bus rider. Does opinion change?
I hate mushrooms. People put them in everything! ARGH. Right now I'm picking the mushrooms out of my leftover chinese food. Gag.
2. What can I do? I'm 17, I'm on summer vacation, it's monsooning out, and I can't leave the house. I'm bored!
Also, is it completely -wrong- that I'm actually enjoying summer school?
*On a side note, I'm not going to summer school because I failed, I'm going because I missed too many days of school. So I'm taking my two favorite classes, English and History, over again just to get the credits I need to be in a senior homeroom next year. ^_^
I had an argument about whether or not I lived in my friend's head.
2. What movie did "mass debaters" come from?
I was thinking there was a debate in Mean Girls but I re-watched it and it turns out it was a maths tournament.
3. What was the last movie you saw at the cinema? What did you think?
I saw The Fast and the Furious 3: Tokyo Drift which was okay - lots of flashy cars and pretty girls and not an awful lot of plot.
4. What's your favourite t-shirt slogan?
I like this one.
5. Can you think of a good reason why parents should be punished for their kids wagging (edit: skipping) school?
It's for a debate - I'm on the other team and I'm trying to anticipate what their arguments are going to be.
6. What extra-curricular stuff do/did you do at school?
At the moment I do debating, I used to be on the swimming team.
7. What's your favourite book ever?
I don't have a favourite, but I like Alice in Wonderland and Hitchhiker's Guide and Harry Potter.
8. What did you plan to do today? Did you get it done?
Write my speech (done the draft), go for a jog (done), do some of the work for a two-day course I'm going to in the holidays (not done), bake a cake to prove to a friend that vegan cakes aren't disgusting (not done) and do all the little jobs I was supposed to do yesterday (not done).
9. What did you have for breakfast?
A bowl of muesli with a chopped apple and soy milk, plus a slice of buttery toast and a glass of water.
10. If you're a teacher, what are the best and worst parts of your job?
Know of a similar organization you prefer?
(I am seriously considering signing up to be a BS. Or doing something similar with another organization.)
I intentionally did not explain what BBBSA is. If you already know, great. If not you prob can't help me much, no? Google it.
ETA: I'm smallish shaped, and it'd be easier to get pants in actual sizes ie 30x32 or 33x28, so I figured I could get emo boy pants that would fit!
What are some good natural/household plant foods?
Does anyone know if these areas will be redeveloped?
( Collapse )
so i thought of these two questions during work today. i'm that addicted to this group, wee :D
1) assuming most of you use AIM/Adium/Trillian/insert your instant messenger service of choice here, what's your style when using away messages? do you stick with default, use song lyrics, take a more direct approach? if you're away right now what's your away message say?
2) do you suffer from any conditions/diseases/disfiguations/the plague?
( Collapse )
What the hell is a fire crotch? Where did this come from?
How much do you follow/enjoy the bitch fights of celebrities? How much do you think is real, how much is made up?
Has anyone seen a celebrity lose it or get involved in a situation like the fire crotch one?
It had Willie Nelson in it and it was a duett. The other voice may have been Toby Keith or something, but come to think of it, I odn't know if it may have been a girl. I'm pretty sure it was two guys.
I think there were horses in it, and drinking. I don't remember anything else.
So, umm... anyone have any idea what it was? Last time I heard it was easily four years ago. Maybe three.
I have had this icon for a while... it was the background on my computer forever!
Sadly... I lost the site I found it on soon after getting the image... and was never able to properly request useing it from the artist... so...
Has anyone ever seen my icon with the wings and pretty ladyness... I'd really like to be good about it and properly apologise and ask to further use the image from its creater!
- the installation package could not be opened, contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid windows installer package
- it was unable to extract X file
I am POSITIVE that my os (Windows XP) hasn't had ANY of the service packs, and is a virus-ridden, piece-of-crap in general. My other computer (brandnew~*~*~* with the same op, but with all service packs) was able to run it perfectly when I got the CD, so WHAT GIVES?
What do you do if you have several cavities and pain, but no dental insurance and no money?
People have suggested finding dental schools where they do work for free or for less, but how safe is that? Has anyone gone that route?
Any suggestions? I'd like to get it taken care of before I have root canals, though I may be a little too late.
So, suggestions for topics? Something internet related. I wanted to build something on "save the internet" but didn't find enough sources for a n00b's first research paper.
Also, what kind of lawn mower do you use?
What if a member of their family had suggested it, without the teacher's consent?
(I'm not the one thinking of doing this. :))
I thought that Nikki Payne (sp?) should have made it - she's the one with the hare lip, cleft palate and lisp. She's freaking hilarious!
Which brings me to 2: For those of you in Canada, you might be familiar with the Comedy Network, and the program "Comedy Network Presents" Last night's episode was an hour of Nikki Payne. Does anyone know where I could find that online? I want to show my best friend, who loved her on LCS, and was as disappointed as I was when she didn't advance. She'll get a kick out of her hour long stand up act, especially her finger-puppet portrayal of Oz. (The HBO prison drama, not the Wonderful Wizard Of)
And, on a related note, 3: I also love Bobby Lee - he is the only reason I watch Mad TV (well, Ike Baronholtz (sp, again!) is funny sometimes, too). Anyway, my favorite skit Bobby does is "24 With Bobby Lee" Does anyone know where those segments can be found online? I checked YouTube, it wasn't there. But that's the only place I know to find videos. :(
Thanks for all your help!
And finally, what makes YOU laugh?
Have you ever been tested for HIV/AIDS?
Do you think the test should be a standard thing they test when you get your annual checkup?
Mine's a tie between accidently putting peroxide solution in my eyes, breaking my two front teeth, and getting stung on my tongue by a wasp.
ETA: Also, when I was six or seven, I caught my fingers in the hinges of a door. The person closing the door didn't realise I was there, and so kept on pushing thinking there was just something in the way. And then I fell off the wall I was standing on. And then the top layer of two of my nails came off, slowly and bloodily over a few weeks. That was nasty.
What kind of rocks should I polish? And what should I do with them? I don't wear any kind of jewelry, but I like making pretty things.
examples: abortion, school vouchers, immigration (this is the one I'm fency on right now), religion in schools, euthanasia... what others can you think of?
edit: not necessarily what you think about those examples, but what kind of process did you go through in deciding what side you were on? what caused you to think that way?
EDIT: The files are protected WMA files. I do know if I put an audio CD into my CD drive iTunes automatically converts the files.
So.. what would be better for a temporary bed? A cot, sleeping bag on a inflatable mattress, hammock or something else? I've a budget of less than $100 here.
What's the best site to get CD's from for cheap(Or just really good) prices?
2. Are you good or bad with directions?
3. Do you think that somehow time travel really is possible?
4. Have you ever heard of Nikola Tesla? Thoughts?
Or other pre-20th century authors?
-can you compare it to anything? was it worth it?
2. At what age did you start cursing?
3. Do you ever curse around your parents?
4. How old are you?
What are some other bands that play this kind of music?
Note: the bands with the music most similar to the album You'll Rebel to Anything is preferred.
2. When we the last time you did the hokey pokey?
3. What did you have for dinner? I had spiced carrot soup. It was totally worth the almost-passing-out!
Did anyone one else want to throw something at the screen each time he said "kachow"?
Nonrelated: what are your kitchen rules? Not sensible things, like "when in doubt, cook the chicken longer"- but things like "any mushroom that escapes the pan is obviously meant to be eated right now" and "if it tastes good, it'd probably be better between bread" ?
Special K Vanilla Almond, Toffifay, Nutella, eating alone at Panera Bread, getting a pedicure, and lots of other things.
2. A while ago (6 months maybe) someone was making a list of little things everyone should do at least once. They were simple things you could easily do in a day, like going to the movies alone, and things like that. Does anyone have a link to that post? What would you put on that list?
I thought it was a great idea at the time but didn't bother saving it as I had no time then. Now I have all summer to do them!
Also completely unrelated, about a month ago someone(I'm not sure who, sorry!) was looking for a trench coat type dress with short sleeves. I saw some in H&M this weekend in case whoever it was is still looking.
2. In what position do you have your hands on the steering wheel while driving?
3. What exact phrase do you use when asking for a job application? ("Are you hiring?", "Are you accepting applications?"...)
4. Have you ever been asked a very strange question during a job interview?
5. What's your favorite type of oreo?
Yay, what word or phrase first comes to your mind when you think of these words?
Theme: "Celebrities" (used very loosely in some cases)
1. Anna Nicole Smith
2. Huey Lewis
3. Stephen Colbert
4. Apple Paltrow
5. George Washington Carver
6. Fidel Castro
7. Michael Moore
8. Vin Diesel
9. Yakov Smirnoff
10. Jack Daniels
Make me less bored, please?
Do you think it's underlying meaning might be about AIDS? (I do, even though Wiki says it was for lice.)
2) How long have you been together or how long were you together for?
2. What's your favourite room in your house/apartment/cave/whatever?
3. How many people do you live with?
4. What was your favourite Halloween costume?
2. If you haven't, would you?
3. Do you ever watch dating shows? Which ones?
4. What do you think of those shows?
5. Would you ever be in one, as one of the dated ones, or the dater?
6. Do you know anyone who has been on one of those shows?
7. Do you think that one can find a long lasting relationship in a dating show or a blind date?
8. Any other opinions on people who go on blind dates and date shows?
( Collapse )
EDITED TO INCLUDE ONE ADDITIONAL QUESTION (QUESTION 7)
Did you know that I leave tomorrow?!
Are you going to miss me?!
Do you promise to fill me in on all the TQC fun that I'll miss?
What's the worst place that you have had sex in?
these are intended for both male and female alike, and feel free to answer only those you feel comfortable answering
1. what is your gender?
2. what is your age?
3. how do you define the word feminism?
4. do you think that the word feminism has bad connotations?
5. would you be embarassed to call yourself a feminist?
6. do you call yourself a feminist?
7. in what ways does feminism exist today?
8. do you think we have reached gender equality yet?
9. if the answer to 8 is no, do you think gender equality will ever be possible?
10. why do you think we are unable to pass the equal rights amendment?
11. do you notice sexism often? at all?
12. have you ever been discrimined against because of your gender? if yes, explain more.
and finally. 13. what was the last book you read and did you like it?
edit** if you don't want to answer my feminism questions... is it because you are too lazy, or because you don't like talking about feminism?
It started with him leaving his computer unattended and log on. Soooo, I took it upon myself to send a few emails. All in fun of course but, the best one was the one I sent to his best friend confessing his undying love for him. Wanting him. Needing him. Something about thinking of only him while having sex with his wife. I closed the email with..."If you feel the same way, come meet me for lunch."
I died. DIED. As Dave walked into the door having NO clue as he hadn't read the email I sent twenty minutes prior to his arrival. Classic. :) Dave's awesome though, and found it quite amusing when he returned to work after a casual lunch with Justin. So anyway, during lunch today Justin decided to get his revenge by saran wrapping everything on my desk. Funny, it was. But, that only meant war.
We have set up rules: It's late but, no messing with each other's food or drink and pranks must be done during duty hours. I need more ideas people. HELP! I must win. At the end of the day on Friday, the office will vote on who the best prankster is. I have to win but, I need your help.
My mind is blank...so aside from pouring warm water on his cloth covered office chair. I've got nothin'. I was thinking about super glueing his chair to the floor. :/ I dunno.
Tell me what'cha got.
1. do you spend more time on thequestionclub than you do on your own lj?
2. how often do you read thequestionclub?
3. does it bother you when a reference is made on thequestionclub that only a few people will understand?
4. are there any types of food that you constantly crave?
5. what are your impressions of people from alabama/ the south in general? explain your answer.
6. did yoko really break up the beatles?
7. why can't i go to sleep?
( Collapse )
2. If you were interested in a certain career field but after research found out that the general public really doesn't understand a lot about the career and have an overall negative view of it, do you think that would affect your decision to go into that field at all?
3. When you created/edited your résumé did you use the MS Word template wizard or another program's wizard, a different template found somewhere on the internet, create one from scratch, hire a professional to do it, or other?