2. CKY. Can you come up with someone clever and PG friendly that those letters could stand for?
3. I have a 256 MB Quicktime file I'd like to upload to youtube, but that's too big. It's only three minutes long...how could I go about making it possible to upload to youtube?
My question: IF I decide to break the hold caffeine has over me, how long should this take if I go cold turkey? That's a big if, though. See, I like the idea of having espresso handy for the long nights of studying that will be ahead of my once August rolls around. So my next question is: Where can I get an espresso maker that is less than a foot tall (<10 in. preferred), less than $40, and can make 1 oz. shots and also .5 oz. shots (though no half shots isn't deal a deal breaker). I'm not a huge fan of steamer attachments, either (also not a deal breaker). So where could I find something like this? Froogle gave me some leads, but I'm having trouble finding the specs mentioned above. Also, if any of you have espresso makers that you absolutely adore, let me know and I'll look into them.
(Also, fuck regular coffee. I don't care about that weak shit.)
Also! What are some of your experiences with addiction? Points if you can dissuade me from buying an espresso machine!
Also, for those that get random AOL/Earthlink/what the hell ever CDs in the mail still... what do you do with them? I usually fashion them into frisbees, sharpening the edges first, and let them fly! It's unfortunate I split a squirrel wide open accidentally that way once, but I'm sure it was for the best. I mean, it was probably that or a squishy, popping death under a ton of steel and rubber at 55mph.
Third question! Ever drink store-brand soda? Do you do it because you truly like it, or because it's cheaper and frees up money for nights free of inhibition?
I opened iTunes, and "Olivia's iPod" shows up in there just like on my home computer, and I can see all my songs.
Question: How the heck do I transfer the mp3s from my iPod into this computer?
i've looked through the FAQs on the website where i got it, but they didn't say.
ok question one was answered, here's question two-
err, as i may have said a million times, i'm going to london for grad school. SO, i'm planning on moving in with two people. one of them found a REALLY nice flat in an amazing location in london (for those of you familiar, marble arch is literally down the street 2 blocks from it). now, this place is £180/month over my budget, so if we got it, after tuition and rent and fees, i'd be left with £500/month to live on (bills, food, travel, phone). if you were me, would you say "hell, might as well take advantage of my loans and live in an awesome location" or would you say "i'd want more for living expenses"?
What's the best book you have ever read?
What movie would you recommend to anyone?
"eu não to conseguindo entrar"
I'm pretty sure it's Spanish. Whatever it is, can anyone tell me how to say "Please email back in English/I don't speak _____, I only speak English/etc, something to that effect" in that language? Has to be really polite, as I'm at work doing email customer service.
A few months ago, my elderly cat misjudged how big he was, knocked some stuff down from the shelf above my head and I woke up like this. On my head- first, cold water, then ice cubes, then (heavy glass bottomed) glass which hit me in the eye, then angry, scared wet 12 pound cat with claws fully extended. Ow. EDIT- I forgot. The cat has also done this to me with some very old orange juice I had forgotten about, and that, while not cold, was SO much worse. Because there were chunks. Chunky orange juice on my head followed by confused and smelly cat is my new one!
Do you remember when they started playing commercial for non-movie realted stuff before movies? About how long ago did theatres start this? What changed to make this ok? (I'm assuming if they could have done it all along, they would have?)
How much does it cost to see a movie near you? Where do you live?
I live in rural minnesota where it costs $5.50. When i got home to visit my folks in the suburbs of minneapolis, it's more like $8.50.
Did you read any VC Andrews novels as a kid? Have you re-read them as an adult? What do you think of them?
I read them as a kid, and couldn't remember them well, so i thought i'd re-read a few. Urgh. I don't have the stomach for them now. Bad writing, over dramatics and so. damn. much. incest.
What did you love as a kid, but now you can't stand?
The example above is one for me. Another is the Carebears.
Also, i used to eat kraft cheese slices by themselves, as a snack. Ick.
2. Do you tend to give directions in a narrative style with lots of landmark information, or more mapquest style?
3. What's this? A lovely joint/bowl/pipe/hitter/bong/whathaveyou has just appeared in your hand. Do you smoke it?
4. You're totally attracted to this woman and want to get it on with her, when you discover that she doesn't shave anything. What effect does this have on your attraction? Do you still hit it?
5. On a more serious note, here's the story. A woman I'm friends with - not close, I only see her every few months, but I always have a great time with her, and she's one of the nicest people I've ever met - told me about four months ago when I asked her if she wanted to grab sushi that weekend that she couldn't, because she had to go home due to a "tragic family event." That's all the detail she ever provided, and I never pressed the issue. However, about two months later, I needed a place to stay, and she let me stay in her room one night because she was spending the night at her boyfriend's, and sitting on her dresser was the 'program' (I'm not sure if that's the right word...) for her 18-year-old younger brother's funeral in February. If I'd never found out anything, it wouldn't bother me, but now that I know, it feels really weird never to say anything about it. But at the same time, she never provided any information, and we don't have the kind of close friendship that expands the ranges of "what's okay." Would you give your condolences, or just let it drop?
6. How's the weather where you are? It's 73 and clear with a slight wind here. Beautiful day. I should go for a bike ride!
Those of you who use Avon, could you let me know your thoughts, please? Thank you.
(1 = Angus thongs and full-frontal snogging)
i was considering Marley and Me or Teacher Man, but i havent read them myself. if you have, do you think they're appropriate?
2. Are you good at Yo-yos? I am a pathetic yo-yoer, but I've gotten better over the years.
3. Are you good at hackeysack? My record is two.
4. What about ping-pong? Considering I play an awful lot, I'm not too great but I've won my fair share of ping pong games.
5. Ever solved a Rubik's Cube? In seventh grade I carried one around with me constantly, obsessing over it. In the end, I got it so that only two squares were out of place. If I covered them with my fingers when I held it, it looked complete. But I gave up, because I just couldn't get those squares to the right place.
6.Are you good at that "catch the ball in the cup" game? Yes. :]
7. Favorite game/toy? I loooove Devil Sticks and ping pong.
I don't even know for what.
funny/cute stuff? Accessories? I'm internet-shopping illiterate.
Where are some good places to buy stuff (i know, specific...sorry) online?
(preferably more specific than 'amazon' or 'ebay' or whatever)
2. After you poop, do you look in the toilet to make sure everything's ok or do you just flush without looking?
3. If you have Netflix or some other online movie service, how many movies are in your queue?
4. Have you ever seen a stranger hurt themsevles really badly? What happened and how did you react?
5. What's the messiest room in your house?
6. Do you think monkeys are cute, scary, or a little of both?
( Collapse )
specifically for short hair (my hair falls just above my shouldres, when it's wet it touches them)?
my prom is on monday, and i still don't have hair for it.
thanks in advance.
They have FIVE boxes of tee shirts left sitting in my best friend's garage.
The question now is...what do they DO with them all? They are dated, for the specific show...there's probably about 72 per box.
What would you do with them?
What's a good and easy photo editing software that's compatible with the Mac Power Book? I don't like iPhoto, nor do I like the software that came with the Canon.
Have you ever had a stranger come up to you and tell you they didn't like something about you? How did you react?
Which spelling are you more likely to use?
Is the pronunciation you are more likely to use the same as the way you've spelled it?
Are there any sites that give information on the true story? Wikipedia is no help.
Who is your favourite Star Wars character? (From any of the 6 films, or from the animated TV series)
Who is your favourite Star Trek character? (From any of the 5 series, or the movies)
I think I posted in here a few weeks ago about two missing ndis drivers.
well, I still can't get it to work.
so once more--
I have a microsoft win 98 second edition compaq presario and my existing ndis2 drivers are missing.
I have tried to get it from microsoft update but when I do, it says something like the file you are trying to download is not approved and will not be trusted. I download it anyways and it almost finishes but can't and asks me to insert win 98 second edition cd.
I can't since I don't have said cd.
anyone know how to fix 'em?
What are some other lettuce + fruit + nuts salad combinations that are scrumptious?
Any suggestions on what I should give them? I would like to keep the cost under $100. I'm super-crafty and can make anything, but I'm just not inspired at the moment.
It's about some friends eating dinner in Sarajevo, and one of them orders something that turns out to be monkey brains. They all realize it and the following line is repeated three times: The waiter laughed wildly with us! The next line is something along the lines of: He is probably dead now. I've googled both lines and can't find squat. Anyone recognize this poem?
What hand do you use scissors with?
What hand do you write with?
Do accents have any effect on you?
And, a suggestion, if you like accents and/or fighting and/or Elijah Wood you should go rent or BUY (Green Street) Hooligans.
2.) What age where you when you had your first 'real' girl/boyfriend?
Other times, I feel extremely obligated to return the compliment. Especially if it's romantic. "I think about you a lot" or "I think you're delightful" etc...
How does one accept compliments graciously without seeming fake?
Someone told me today about a program his fourth-graders had aboard a early 1900's cargo ship located in San Fransico. The kids stayed overnight, pretended to live in that period, and took on the lives of sailors aboard ship.
Any idea what I'm talking about?
ANyway, they set a court date... but my family is going to be in Taiwan... we're leaving tomorrow night. How do we go about changing the court date to after we come back? We're going for two months. And is this possible? My brother is going there for some foreign/education chinese program thing.. and it's been planned since like January. Talk about great timing, ehh?
Also, my dad on the otherhand, is leaving a week later than us. He's debating just not going at all in attempts to handle everything.. like insurance, esp when they'll call in regards of claims/or mail letters...
Is there anyway / what would you do/ have you delt with this before?
How do we deal w/ changing the court date?
How do we deal w/ insurance and whatever jumble we have to do?
Should we hire a lawyer?
What's the legal difference between reckless (5 pts) v careless (2pts) driving?
I hope this made somewhat sense?
Are Jamaican guys known to have a "thing" for goth chicks?
(Kinda like white guys &hearts Asian chicks?)
I'm noticing a pattern.
I lost my bracelet! Where is it?
If you eat hotdogs, what do you eat on them?
Does it bother you when people ask multiple questions and you're obviously not going to answer them all, but they don't number them for ease?
No, as I don't need to. I recently found out that a lot of my guy friends do though and I was kind of surprised.
( Collapse )
As much as people hate medical questions...I did try finding a nursing hotline with little success.
So who can I call next?
Or simply, how do I know that I need medical attention? Could I just sleep it off? Should I try to stay awake for a while? Last time my seasonal allergies got really bad and my eyes swelled up, the ER just gave me Benadryl as I sat in the waiting room for hours. Got a once-over from the ER doc, then was sent home. (I'm currently in Burke, VA, if that helps...far away from home.)
Could I simply take more Benadryl?