Its for an Advertising class, in case anyone was wondering.
Its for an Advertising class, in case anyone was wondering.
I say all three with an "or" sound, and so does everyone I know, but my mom is from New Jersey and she says all of them with an "are" sound.
why are bacos so good?
(when everyone stops replying, i'll compile it and post it so everyone can fill it out if they want)
EDIT: oh, never mind. i didn't completely read through the other post in my scanning the question club haste...disregard this post...i'd cross it out if i knew how...
I have made some delicious cheese sauce, what should I serve it with?
I am hungry and I can't decide so you must make the decision for me, wonderful TQC people.
Eta: I'm going with the broccoli. :D
i just read the above article, and i thought it would be quite interesting to see how this community would react. if you're bored enough to read it, what do you think about the ideas discussed in it?
( Collapse )
Please, settle their escalating arguement and answer me this: What does this song mean/link to? She said rolling joints, he said it was a soul thing. I refuse to get in between the two because of dramadramadrama and pfleh.
2. Is the chorus of the traditional Irish song Whiskey in the Jar an example of #1, or does it actually mean something? I've seen several different versions, so if they do mean something, I'm guessing it's a corruption of something else.
Musha ring dumma do damma da
Whack for the daddy 'ol
Whack for the daddy 'ol
There's whiskey in the jar
I mean, I've done it everywhere- dorms, airports, a house with one bathroom and 4 people- generally waiting your turn in line is standard... but my roommate just left me a cranky note about that and other things, saying I should stop that because it's RUDE.
Edit: both times (somg I've doen it twice) she was brushing her teeth. So I walk bleary-eyed into the bathroom, small scale heart attack becase there's someone in there, back up and wait in the alcove between my room door and the bathroom. It's not like I have my ear to the door lsitening to her pee.
I also hate that she uses 'picking up those bags' as an example of soemthing I could do to help out around the house. I don't shop at the place those bags are from, and her cat puts them on the floor, not me.
Last night my boss emailed me to check on something, and finished with "see you tomorrow at 10". I normally come in at 9, but I came in last week at ten because she told me to(becasue she had stuff to do outside the office in the morning). I emailed her back to check but she hasn't responded.
So! go in at 9, and risk the door being locked, or show up at ten, which would kinda be her fault there...
If so, what and why?
What would you wear?
Did you know that the children's book "Everybody Poops" is being made in to a movie?
What do you think of this idea?
How often do you drop a load?
This poll is
Have you ever been constipated?
Have you ever farted in an elevator?
1. Do you like cannolis?
2. I recently got a Magellan Roadmate. Whenever I try to install it in my car with the windshield mount I can't get it at an angle where I can see the screen at all. The screen is always pointing downward. It was obviously designed for SUV windshields, and I don't have an SUV. Is there any way I can fix it? Has anyone had similar problems?
**besides those dead eBay hookers**
And how do you pronounce 'our'- like 'are' or like 'hour' (or something completely different)?
I, for one, am English, and pronounce it like 'hour'.
I need to go grocery shopping. It seems whenever we go shopping we buy the same things and have the same things for dinner . I'm a vegetarian who eats fish and my husband eats meat, but not many vegetables, so we make things that can be veggie or meaty. We usually have these things: grilled fish with a veggie, chicken (for him, when I have fish), tacos, breakfast burritos, spaghetti, vegetarian chilli or enchilladas. Do any of you have *on the easy side* meals that are interchangeable between vegetarian or meat filled?
Also, we never have a good "stock" of things in our cupboards; what do you HAVE to have in yours?
***On a side note, we both work between 45-50 hours a week, so I don't want meals that take 3 hours to make please. Thanks in advance.
I'm looking for something that can take the video off a vhs tape and put it on my computer.
I'm also looking for something (other than Windows movie maker) that I can use to make music videos. Nifty effects are very appreciated.
Bonus if they're the same program. I forget the name of the thing I bought but it was awful and has never worked right.
2 - What age are you ?
3 - What do you have on the walls of your bedroom (if you stay with your parents) or your living room (if you've left home)
4 - What's the best revenge you've ever got on someone? Or just some general ideas for getting some revenge?!
Thank you all very much!!!
eta - my age is on my userinfo BUT NO CHEATING!!!! ( I know, that I get annoyed with a question like 'how old do i look?' and then I never find out the age!!! hehe!)
I think Clarins makes the best self-tanner with Estee lauder in second, but I don't want to spend that $ right now.
I am only looking for body, not face, so I figure it would be better to use the clarins face I already have, but wanted to cheap out for my legs...any recommendations?
My skin tone is caucasian, but very very dark already..like a golden olive color. (i don't really look "white" per se to begin with)
thanks u guys :)
i type the day's date at least 30 to 60 times a day...if not more...
and every freakin' time -
i give a blank stare to the screen and wonder what date it is...
i need to be smacked between the eyes w/a freakin' calendar!!
what do you easily forget?
what have you forgotten today?
So my question is, how would you start YOUR autobiography? What details about yourself would you include?
Say there's a new opening at the desk most adjacent to yours at work, or if you're not working at the moment, this is pertaining to your next job. What gender would you prefer your new cubicle mate to be?
Age type you'd prefer them to be
Which would you prefer them to be like?
Pick 3 traits you'd prefer your coworker to have
You would prefer this person be:
2. How many hours of sleep did you get last night?
3. Have you ever been hypnotized? Why? If it was to get over some bad habit or something like that, did it work?
4. Can you crack an egg with one hand?
5. Have you ever finished the song 99 bottles of beer/milk/whatever drink on the wall?
6. If you were all alone at night and suddenly your window broke and you saw someone/something run inside your house, what would you do?
7. After you die, would you rather be remembered for the bad things you've done, or forgotten completely?
8. How do they get a ship in a bottle??
9. Is your computer mouse or keyboard wireless?
10. If you could choice how you die, other then 'peacefully in your sleep', how would you like to go?
What I know: The monitor works, so it's not an issue with the power strip.
pressing the power button causes no reaction. none.
After plugging it in, and for about ten seconds after unplugging it, a faint clicking can be heard from a box marked "no user serviceable parts"- it appears to hold the fan, and the power supply.
And, uh, maybe I'm just dense or maybe this is the glaringly obvious problem, but I can't find the hard drive, unless it's in with where I think the power supply is. the empty space underneath the CD drive worries me.
It is a Compaq deskpro, I think it was running windows 2000 or 98. It is Intel pentium (blank). it has a horizontal CPU. It is -that- old. The floppy dish drive doesn't work, and the CD-rom drive I beliiieeeve doesn't work.
so... where should my hard drive be, for one, and any suggestions as to what's wrong?
these are the boots; http://www.overstock.com/cgi-bin/d2.cgi?PAGE=PROFRAME&PROD_ID=1102393
Now that we know who you'd like to work with, who would be the LAST person you'd want to have as a cubicle partner?
Have you ever slept with a married person? Why?
( Collapse )
I am currently looking at $970 for Allstate for 6 months and $1600+ from progressive. Same coverage on both. Help? I don't really want to pay at least $970 for insurance for 6 months. Just doesn't seem quite... fair.
ETA: And where was your high school (state/country)?
I want to buy this song. It cost .77 british pounds (sorry, don't have the symbol). I'm wondering what that would be in American dollars?
He just sprayed me with the hose, unprovoked, so I wanna get back at him. I already hid all of his tea (to which he is addicted), but I need some more just in case he retaliates. Any ideas?
I have tried to google this, but I'm not sure what it is I should be looking for. I've been in a padded room before so describing how it feels being in there is going to be no problem at all, but I'm having real trouble trying to figure out how I would write this girl so that it's clear she's insane, but I don't go over the top.
Now, just for a bit of background, this girl sees things. Violent things. She could look in the mirror and instead of seeing her normal face, she would see a skull with the flesh dripping off of it or something. She sees regular people walking around not as people, but living corpses. Taps suddenly start dripping blood instead of water and the floor turns from a regular tiled floor to a snake pit. Pretty grotesque, messed up things really.
This is an ambitious thing for me to try and do and I have some ideas, I'm just not sure how to write it so that it doesn't sound over the top. Any suggestions? Any tips for googling so that I can maybe find something that would help me better?
do you get scared easily?
the one night I was at work. I deliever newspapers. so I passed a path with my bike and there was this old man standing (I met him before). of course I got scared because I didn't expect somebody standing there at 2am and he was amused, that I got scared! I will also jump when suddenly somebody makes a sound.
2. My parents owe me somewhere in the neighborhood of $500. They recently switched from cable to satellite, which cost about $100 (dish, receivers, setup...). We don't need satellite (hell, we don't need cable for that matter, but I digress). Now Mom's considering getting a new car. After past careless investments I've asked Mom how we can afford this stuff and when I'm going to get paid back (I've got bills, too!). She just tells me money is tight and that I need to get a job. Then my stepdad gets all family man and says, "This is a family. We're supposed to support one another" and all, and I really do feel guilty for asking to be repaid. I mean, I do eat the food and use the utilities, too. But I can't help but feel I'm being pretty ripped off.
So should I keep coughing up money when bills roll around or put my foot down next time they take a random drive (burning gas) or buy an extra case of soda?
Edit: This is all money they've asked for with a promise to pay me back. I have no problem helping contribute my fair share, but when I hear, "Hey, can we have $50? We'll pay you back Friday" and come Friday (after Friday after Friday) I'm still $50 short, I get frustrated.
What "cutesy' words bother you?
Right now I'm bed-ridden and I've decided something: the best look for a man is nice-fitting dark-wash jeans with a nice belt, an untucked (printed) button-up shirt and a suit jacket over it.
2. What is your favorite outfit on you? Pictures?
Black camisole, low-rise jeans, white 'Spain' jacket and NOSHOES. EFF SHOES. :) I'm too simple to put together an elaborate outfit and plain stuff worksjust fine for me.
3. What do you think your 'stereotype' is? What do other people think?
Geek chic. "Average".
4. How long have you and your SO been going out/married/in your relationship?
Uhm. X.x 20 hoursish.
I have tons of pictures of us I could use. Ideas?
Anything I can do to to help my feet?
Any specific shoes that are good for people who are on their feet a lot? I currently have a pair of Skechers, which i'm sure aren't made for such wear and tear.
1. I busted my own lip (don't ask) about 4 days ago, and it still hurts like CRAZY. Is there anything I can do/put on it to make it feel better or heal faster?
2. If you watch Adult Swim, what is your favorite show?
3. What's your favorite cereal?
4. Do you eat cereal with milk or dry?
5. What's your favorite zoo animal?
6. Do you consider Virginia to be "southern"? What about when compared with Georgia or Alabama?
( Collapse )
2. If you're Australian, how often does the Great Barrier Reef come up in conversation/life?
3. How long does your hair take to dry?
4. What was your favorite kind of gel pen?
ETA: Have you ever had someone say your hair/eyes were a different color from what they actual are/you consider them to be? Does it happen a lot?
My answer: Not really. I have blue eyes and brown hair, and that's pretty clear. But someone thought for a long time that my hair was red and my eyes were green. What's worse? This was my boyfriend. Is that weird? Because I think it's really freakin' weird.
2. Okay, so I want to change my myspace background. Yeah yeah, like it matters at all and I know myspace is evil but I get bored with layouts easily. So which one of these images should I make my new background? They'd be tiled.
( Collapse )
2] Something I don't get - why are dreadlocks associated with hippies and potheads? Because they are too stoned to wash their hair or what?