Or know someone who does?
Any particular reason? For what?
How old where you?
Was it of your own free will?
Do you see one a regular basis?
Did it "help?" Would you recommend going to one?
- I've noticed that when Mail.app checks for mail on my IMAP server, it will incorrectly report the number of unread messages. Usually, it doubles the number of unread messages in a folder (give or take a few) until I click on the folder to read my mail. Other e-mail clients (Thunderbird, Evolution, mutt) do not have this issue. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there anything I can do to fix this?
- Is there a decent ID3 tagger for OS X that does batch tagging? Ideally, I'd like to be able to do a FreeDB lookup on a group of files, (like EasyTag or Foobar2000 can do) but I'd settle for being able to parse filenames and dump that into ID3V2 tags. UTF-8 support is a must have. (Normally, I'd just use EasyTag on Linux, but it insists on writing gibberish instead of UTF-8 text.)
- Why do the 65W AC adaptors for G4 PowerBooks suck so goddamn much?
- How do I load songs onto my iPod?
Mine is, "Your hands must get tired at the end of the day, huh?" with the #2 line "I'll tip you guys NOT to sing."
I work at Cold Stone, and I swear, I get so sick of being asked if my hands hurt. yes, yes they do, thanks for reminding me and then asking me to add fudge and caramel to your ice cream. I appreciate it.
My mom is an accountant, and during tax season, basically everyone says "This must be your busy season!" DUH.
So what line makes you want to scream every time you hear it?
okay there are two things from a long time ago that probably nobody will know what I am talking about that I just thought of right now
1) A website where you could create a creature type thing and then send him out into the online world and keep track of it's progress. When you created it, you could select if it were going to be a herbivore or carnivore, and the color, and what kind of wheels or wtf it had, and eyes, etc. etc. etc. Anyone have any idea what site this was?
2) A program I downloaded from some website where it would generate acronyms for you. Like, if you typed in GJF, it would generate a ton of different things GJF stood for. It was a fun device. Any ideas, as well?
1. Have you ever cleaned your own carpet with a rented Rug Doctor or similar? How much did it cost? How good of a job did it do? How hard was it to do? Was it worth it?
2. Have you ever gotten your carpet cleaned professionally? How much did it cost? What did you have to do to prepare? Was it worth it?
Is it sad that the first thing that I thought of when I saw that was TQC? Because I definitely think so. I think I need help now, lol.
My question is, anyone know any other nifty net tricks like that?
2) Also, I've been trying to find the title of a book I loved when I was younger. It was about these two girls who didn't take very good care of their dolls. Somehow, they got broken and had to be taken to a doll repair show. The man (who's faced may have been shaped like a moon; or maybe his name was Moon) who fixed the dolls gave the girls a small packet of tea, so they could have a tea party. When the girls drank the tea, they switched places with their dolls. There was also this whole other world, where the toys went when no one was playing with them. The repair man was a king or something and I think a goose owned a sweet shop. Does anyone have any idea what this book is called? Or where else I could go to find out?
this morning i woke up and realized that i had a dream about falling in love with my best friend who is a lesbian. in real life, she likes me, and i wish i liked women so that i could make us both happy, but i'm straight, as far as i know.this dream is all i've been thinking about all day. it felt real. it felt like i was falling in love with her. would i have dreamt that if it wasn't a possibility? what do you think is going to happen?
If so, how?
How much money do you set aside for investment each year?
How long until you moved out of your rents house after graduation?
grids bow dart\long deaf bit.exe (i kid you not)
but when it tries to delete them it fails and when i tried to delete them manually it said that I cant delete them and to check that they are not being used. But I cant find them other than by using the search option. I've looked them both up online and there's nothing on the second one, although i have found something called bit.exe which could be the same thing, and there's only one thing on updupe.exe which just says to delete it.
what should I do? (that doesn't cost any more money). How do I delete the undeletable file? I don't know any other communities to ask and my house is full of technophobes. I'm pretty sure that it's adware that is fucking shit up because adverts keep popping up
Recommended cheap hotels nearby? And I mean the cheapest of the cheap.
2. How many hurricanes have you been in?
3. What kind of tape do you use on the windows when you tape them for a hurricane? Or are you a storm window type of person?
4. Where do you live and does that area take hurricanes seriously or not?
( Collapse )
Today I get an email from "email@example.com" asking me to give my eBay account information, like username and password, claiming there's a possibility that my account is fraudulent. Does this seem fishy to anyone else? I logged into eBay, and there were no alerts, whereas they alerted me when my purse was removed. Is this real or sketchy?
Also, I had to get a new key for my car- because the last one decided to not go into the ignition. Today I make an attempt to start my car, and the just turns things all the way back, but no car is starting! The battery is fine, the key just turns the thing all the way back, what the hell?! Anyone else think that Passats are lemons?
( Collapse )
Edit What do you consider a best friend to be?
I consider my best friend a girl that I've known since I was six years old. We became friends in our first grade class and have been inseparable ever since. We walk into each other's homes and help ourselves. Her family is my family and vice versa. We even go to each other's houses when the other isn't there if we need to borrow/do something and our families don't mind. She's the only person who knows nearly everything about me and knows how I feel when all I can say is "And it's just like, I mean... yanno?" No matter how much time we spend together, we never get sick of each other. But we also realize that we have seperate lives and understand when we can't see each other for a while.
2. I'm entertaining the thought of going to either Charleston or Savannah. What are some supposedly haunted landmarks I can visit in either one?
3. Have you ever had a ghost encounter? If yes, elaborate please.
4. Do you tell ghost stories at bonfires?
5. Do you believe not only in ghosts, but witches, boogeyman, and the like, also?
I was told yesterday I'm modest and I'm not sure how to take that. I don't really think I am, I just don't gloat about things.
ETA: It was in reference to test scores I received, not my clothing choices :)
a) why did no one get my attempt at humour last night? Does no-one here read Pratchett?
I was alluding to the bit in Guards Guards, where Corporal Carrot reads the pledge as "I [insert name here] promise to..." I was suggesting I was actually going to call my baby [insert name here]. Sigh, it's just not funny when you have to explain it. Or, it could just be it wasn't funny to be begin with, maybe it only works for Pratchett?
For those that missed it and care;
Otherwise, feel free to ignore.
b) when does untidy pass the line into squalor? Or unhygienic?
c) Does anyone else who either goes to school/college or has kids that do, get fed up with endless money raising events that are NOT for a good cause and seem designed purely to bleed parents dry?
d) do I suck because I did not force my children participate in the latest money grabbing event and let them take in protest placards?
e) does anybody else ever have sex dreams where they experience events as if they were the opposit sex? Complete with appropriate sensations?
f) should I go to the centre and wander about aimlessley trying to remember what I need to buy, or say home and pity my sick husband?
( Collapse )
What do I do? How do I save my ass here?
If so, what kind of images were you seeing?
( Collapse )
EDIT: thus far, we have:
Cidade De Deus (City of God), Schindler's List, Good Night, and Good Luck, Live from Baghdad, Something the Lord Made, Shall We Dance [Japanese version], Monty Python and the Holy Grail, The Princess Bride, Dogma, The Shop Around the Corner, Some Like it Hot, Gone With The Wind, Imitation of Life, Wuthering Heights, Mr. Smith Goes To Washington, It's A Wonderful Life, Going My Way, The Philadelphia Story
and a bunch more. come comment...
Cow tipping. Is this an actual thing?
See, my mother believes this is an actual farmtown passtime- and she did grow up in a farmtown. My father, on the other hand, thinks it's soemthing like snipe-hunting, because no way could a couple of college kids push a cow over, let alone without it waking up first. he -also- grew up in a farmtown.
Clearly, I am just not with it!
Can you tell I like exclamation marks? Why use a lowly period, when you can have a !
Edited, 'For The Win' thank you!
So, I'm asking for help, from what you think of what my sister and I have already thought of, as well as suggestions...
So far, what we've come up with:
Not much, and nothing too great. I'd really like any thoughts/suggestions on this. I want it to be able to be applied to lots of different types of clothign without sounding old or stupid.
You spy a big spider on your bedroom wall. What do you do?
Example: UAH Professor's wife found dead in the Tennessee River with a bag of rocks tied around her neck
(I'm really glad I never wanted to become a physics major.)
2. If you have, were you under anaesthesia, or did you opt for Novocaine only?
3. For those of you who only had Novocaine, how was it, pain wise and being awake during the procedure?
What's the one thing you would change about today if you could start over?
I ordered a book from Amazon, and today was supposed to be the latest day for it to get here. I check the mail... no book. I checked the site and it says they haven't even fucking SHIPPED IT yet.
So I want to write a mangry letter. What buttons can I push to show them that I am Pissed Off, other than "Well maybe I'll just go to Barnes and Noble!"?
I ask because I received three of the worm messages before the worm was announced, and I looked at one of them. So I may have helped propagate it. :D
either now or in the past, does it make you or your partner, (in a previously good relationship) go to shit? What do you think it is? The stress? The constant demands of the home, moving, etc. The fact that most likely you are paying quite a bit more and now money is more of a worry?
I am going through this currently and I'm having a tough time of it. I wonder if this is normal or not??
1. Have you seen The Last Unicorn? Love it, hate it?
2. What do you think about the true-life remake supposedly in the works? *Go to IMDB.com for info*
3. Have you heard Loreena McKennitt's version of the title song for the movie? What did you think of it?
4. What is your favorite mythical creature?
I, for one, always complain whenever a book I'm waiting on from the library is overdue, but quite often forget to return my own loans.
what's your favorite juice?
- Rice Cakes
- Baked Lays
- Lean Cuisine
- Bottled Water
- Fresh Fruit
How can you reduce the pain and itching of a sunburned scalp?
And, I'm moving to a new city, how can I meet new people?
What are the healthist foods you can eat, and how can you prepare them in ten minutes or less (I can't cook).
I have a five-gallon tank with an undergravel filter. If it's relevant, it doesn't reside on a stand, it lives on... a kind of peninsula in between my kitchen and my living room and my hallway. Does anyone have any fishtank tips, tricks, or other helpful hints/suggestions to make the next tank anything but an unmitigated disaster?
Which songs make you feel happier than you feel aready when you listen to them?
So my question:
How do you think the US is viewed by other countries? Why?
Edit: If you don't live in the US... How do you and the general population of the country you live in view the US?
In Microsoft Word 2003, when you highlight text and hit "Backspace", nothing happens. If you highlight text and type something, it starts typing at the front of the selection. But, the "Del" key still works.
Anyone have an idea what could be happening? It only happens on one computer, and I've never observed this anywhere else.
Nevermind, found it. For once in my life the Microsoft Knowledge Base actually helped me.
For those curious, in Options on the Edit tab, "Typing Replaces Selection" governs whether you can use backspace to delete highlighted text and the ability to type over highlighted text.
Why this was turned off, though... who knows.
Utopia was written first (and will probably be more annoying to read), and is about a... utopia. :P. But Brave New World is more recent and was written about a dystopia.
Which should I read first?
2) t.p. flowing down the wall or over the top? why?
I can't seem to find it in any local stores, and I hate buying things like this sight unseen. Mainly, I'm concerned about dimensions- width and depth from top of watch face to wrist.
What is your story? I'm listening =)
EDIT: if you aren't American and have been spared his evil deeds, here is a reference:
I need some help with my Google-fu.
I'm trying to find either medical reference or research articles that show male libido drops after 18 years of age (ish) and that female libido peaks in the mid-30s.
Just to stress again these need to be medical reference or research articles, or perhaps articles written by those in the field e.g. medical doctors.
I'm not sure if there's a specific "help me with my Google-fu" community? :-)
I have a couple from PubMed already that are OKish:
If you need stitches, and you do not get them, will the injury still heal?
What will happen??
What is/are your favorite quote(s) from either the movies or the books? (I've read all of the books and seen all of the movies so don't worry about spoilers.)
What is your favorite Harry Potter community on LiveJournal, if you have one?
If you do not like Harry Potter, please do not leave me rude comments. Example: "Harry Potter is so stupid and you should die!" Because I really don't appreciate them.
BTW, simply running my bandanna through the wash doesn't help -- it's still stiff.
You want to send him something in an email to say you miss him without actually writing your own cheese.. A short quote or lyric.
Nothing that says "Love" directly 'cause you're not there yet and you don't want to frighten the bejesus out of him quite yet..
What do you send in the email?
i made a nice salmon dinner for my parents tonight. i got it fresh from the market, so it was a whole fish and i had to debone it. it was freaking awesome, but now my hands smell strongly like
i was fingering a band of mexican whores fish. how do i make the smell go away?
my dad suggested washing my hands with lemon juice. this did not work.
What smell is the yuckiest?
1. So Virgil said something to the effect of "If I can't move Heaven, I'll raise Hell.". What is this from though? **apparently it's a translation of a line from Aeneid ...?? still unsure though***
2. I've heard that waitresses make *below* minimum wage, plus tips. True or False?
3. I graduate h.s. on Friday, but the last day of school is the following Monday. I really love my school and my teachers--as dorky as it may sound. But I don't want to sort of ruin the moments and the crying that I'm sure we'll have at graduation. Would coming in on Monday kill it?
Thanks dears ;)
What is your best non-physical trait? Your worst?
If you could change one physical thing about yourself, what would it be? What non-physical trait of yours would you change if you had the chance?
What do you get the most compliments about?
What is the best compliment you have ever received?
What, in general, is the physical feature you notice on a person first? (Purely from a shallow standpoint)
If you had to pick only one word to describe yourself, what would that word be?
If you had to pick only one word to describe your ideal mate, what would that word be?
Finally, it's bragging time. What would you like to brag about? Tell me something good that's happened to you lately, or something you are really proud of.
Here goes...Could your average Scooby-doo villians be charged with any "real" crimes? (in America)
For example, is dressing up like an alien ghost to scare away potential real estate developers something you could go to jail for?
PS- I'm looking for crimes, not torts.
um, i'm horrible at joke-telling...
2. What is your internet homepage set to?
yahoo.com (i like to be able to read the news headlines upon opening the internet)
3. What are you allergic to?
penicillin is the only thing i know of
4.. How are you feeling right now? (use a color to answer this one)
Soon we are going to set up in the tv room to watch a movie and relax, where there is a pull out bed from the couch. How do I handle sleeping arrangements? Do I sleep with my female friends in the tv room, and put the dude on the couch in the other room? Do I offer the dude my brother's old bedroom, and sleep downstairs with my friend? Or, do I see if they want to sleep in the same bed and I resign myself to my bedroom? Although I don't know how comfortable she'd be with that, especially with a boyfriend... I'm rather ornery and PMSy tonight and really want my space, but I don't want to be rude to my friends!
anyone know how to save a mp3 that opens as soon as you type in the address?
edit: got it
Am I supposed to cover the hair with a THICK coat? Different amount of time for different skin types? ect. Thanks!
x-posted to Shaved.
Does anyone know where I can find a larger version of this?
It is for... science. Yes, science.