In the past three months they've increased in frequency and intensity. So much so that I'm losing sleep, and when I do I wake up feeling completely stressed and frightened.
Before the night terrors started I experienced sleep paralysis regularly, for about as long as I can remember...but those episodes have tapered off.
A tradeoff that comes with age (early 20s?) or signs of something deeper and/or more troubling? Or maybe I'm just an effed up sleeper?
Just looking for your thoughts, as I'm tired of stuffy medical opinions and documents.
Thanks in advance.
We mostly didn't talk about it before, but topics relating to sex come up more and more often, and I'm usually not the one to bring them up. It's to the point now that I've even burned her copies of Japanese adult videos, and we've even discussed trends in the videos and which types of things she likes or doesn't like in the videos.
Should I be reading more into this? And, at the very least, stop talking around her about other girls I ask out? (I do that because I still see her as having a boyfriend, and I wouldn't try to break them up just for my benefit.) I have once "made a move", if in a dorky way, and she turned me down because of her boyfriend. Should I do something to test whether the relationship has changed? Is there anything I can try that minimizes the risk of losing her as a friend if I do try something?
Edit -- Why do sabbath observers (Saturday or Sunday is mostly irrelevant) sometimes patronize restaurants or other businesses on their observed sabbath? Since they believe that working on the sabbath is bad, wouldn't they be condemned to their hell or hell-equivalant for encouraging others to work on the sabbath?
2.Do you often say something stupid or insensative and then regret it afterwards? How long do you think about it/how long does it bother you?
3.If you dated someone who was abusive, do you have an obligation to warn others that may date them of what happened to you? What would you think if a person who had been abused by your significant other and didn't tell you? If someone you knew told you they had been abused by your significant other in the past, how would you react?
( Collapse )
What Christian denominations have ordained homosexuals?
My Google-fu is pitiful, and some
So, if you have one, how has it been as a car? Any major trouble with it? How do you like the car overall?
What 'group' would you say that you most fit in with? Yes, we all know that labels are for soup cans and yada yada, but humor me. Let's be stereotypical for a moment.
What are the 'requirements' one must fit if they were to be a part of your 'group'? For example, what bands are generally worshiped, what phrases are common, what clothing/hair style is popular, etc.
My closest friend just let me know that he is about to do something stupid. He really needs time to be without a gf or so until he can get through some things and really know himself. He has basically been going from one relationship to another. He admits that he needs to be by himself for a while. He knows what is best for him and has said it numerous times. That is one of the things about him that I really respect. He has been with a woman for a while that makes him happier than he has ever been in his life. She knows that he is moving to another state at the end of the week and that when he leaves they are only friends. She fully supports him finding himself. They are nearly perfect together.
Last night he told me that even though this woman is the woman that he wants in his life more than anything, that he has allowed himself to get into an emotional relationship with a woman that he works with. There hasn't been anything physical yet. He says that he doesn't think he deserves a woman like the one he is with. He is willing to jeopardize numerous things because of the woman he works with. Even though he knows that he needs to be by himself, he admits that he is probably going to go straight to this woman when he moves. I have told him that I think he should give himself some time, especially considering his feelings for the woman he is with. That he should be alone and find out what he really wants.
My questions are 1) what would you do if it was your best friend? 2) should I have told him what I told him? 3)Do you think that emotionally cheating on someone you love is any better than physical cheating? 4) should I just sit back and be there for him when he realizes what he has done? 5) if you saw someone you love doing something stupid (in your opinion) would you try to talk some sense into them?
HAVE YOU HAD YOUR HIV TEST RECENTLY?
2. What would you do for a Klondike bar?
3. If you've ever had a tooth extracted, how much did it cost [single tooth/per tooth, full price, pre-insurance]?
go here & type in anything you like for the next person who visits the site, after you send it you get to read what the last person has written for you.
ever done this before?
ever get your own message back?
Do you think that's a bit extreme?
Or do you think I'm naive?
Are you doing anything to prepare for the bird flu?
I feel bad because I didn't even know that and now I'm a little worried. Lazy, too, so I doubt I will get any masks OR stock up on food, ha.
Note: Her mum was an RN for many, many years so maybe she knows something we don't?
2. How do you tell someone it is time to leave your house without being mean or forceful? I went out for lunch with said friend above and I really do love this girl a lot but she has a tendancy to come over and not leave. Yesterday she spent 9 hours at my house and I wasn't sure how to entertain her anymore. How I got her to leave was by saying that I had to go to bed soon, which was true, because I didn't want to lie to her or make up a lame excuse. It's really not that I don't enjoy her company but I was so tired and it was Sunday and I just wanted to be lazy without feeling like I was boring her or anything. :/
what're you eating?
also, oldest ljer that you know?
Have YOU ever had romantic/erotic thoughts about a teacher/professor? A relationship with a professor? How did it turn out?
Your significant other reveals to your their greatest fetish is that they like having their toes sucked on. Some people would have reservations about going to town on another person's piggies and let's say, for intents and purposes, your partner has icky feet. Would you use some sauce or condiment to better perform your S.O.- sucking duties? What would you use?
In some alternate universe, you were pregnant at this time, and your baby's due date was 6/6/06. For some people, that's a vile, unholy day. Would you petition your doctor to have the baby taken out a day early to avoid such a birthdate?
I really need to find one for a project I'm working on.
Or could you suggest how I could find one online?
I've already got a helmet and a lock and I'm thinking of getting a water bottle holder thingy (if the bike doesn't already have one, that is). Other than that, I have no idea. What other things would I need for my new bike?
My current situation:
I'm still in school.
I will graduate in Spring of 2007.
I've taken out about $14K in Stafford Subsidized loans. (No other loans like Perkins, etc.)
My lender is just my bank.
I DO NOT plan on taking out more loans to finish off the 2006-2007 school year.
I'm a Texas resident.
Even though I've only borrowed from Stafford loans through one lender (my bank) and do not intend to borrow anymore, would it still help to consolidate my loans?
The other thing is, I just got a letter in the mail regarding this, but the fine print on the back said, "If you are only working with one lender, then we cannot help you."
And someone helped point out right now-- I'm mostly interested in getting my loan rate locked at one level instead of having it increase.
Please include all ingredients-- like ice, yogurt, etc-- and not just your favorite fruits or whatever I'm a smoothie newbie. :)
2. Has anyone played Dance Dance Revolution- Mario Mix for GameCube? Would you recommend it? I want a Dance Dance type game that will make me occasionally get my ass up off the couch, but it sounds kind of lame that it only has 20 songs...
3. This has been asked before surely, but let's do it again. What is the perfect amount of sex to have, in an ideal universe? Times per day or week, for example.
4. If you could pick one food item that would suddenly have the nutritional content of water or air, i.e. no calories or carbs or fats or anything, but it would still taste exactly the same so you could indulge it in ALL the time, what would you pick?
My answer: Dallas sucks more. Very bland.
Q2: I am going to be 17 soon, and I need to find a place to start a banking account. Any suggestions?
What would that be called?
Yes, a girl I work with. She's afraid of coming to work tomorrow and having to leave work in the dark. She thinks it's highly likely we'll be dead before work though.
2. Are you worried about tomorrow because it's 6/6/06?
2. What about the 3 most consumed vegetables?
3. Do you eat fruit and veg because you like it or because you feel you should?
( Collapse )
I clicked on that and it brought me to a window to download a program called spyware quake, but I didn't download it. Where is this popup coming from? Should I trust it?
I'm currently running a more in depth virus scan and running a spyware scan again. How do I get rid of that popup? Is there a good free program to use to prevent this from happening again? I currently use Symantec Antivirus and Ad-Aware SE.
Does that sound like it's the hard drive? or something else? if it is, is it likely to be salvageable?
is it really expensive to get a new harddrive?
btw, the computer is a dell inspiron notebook (about 3-4 years old).
EDIT: Thanks to all of you suggesting alternate ways to get a credit card, but I'm not that interested. I know that there are online stores where you can use alternate payment options, I just haven't been able to find any. THAT'S what I'm looking for - not ways to get a credit card.
Thanks again for the suggestions, though!
2. I can't remember the name of the sweet that the kids in Enid Blyton's 'Magic Faraway Tree' series used to eat. I think it used to burst/melt in their mouths. And was filled with syrup.
2) Can you guys think of any music that goes with the ocean, or an old man and a fish, or, more specifically, The Old Man and the Sea? I have to make a sort-of soundtrack for it, so anything you think would be good like, in a movie-version haha. Thanks :)
Where are you from?
Do most of the people in your area pronounce it the same way?
2.) Do you think that people are generally respectful of others?
3.) Are you?
4.) Do people have to earn your respect?
5.) Do you act assuming everyone is respectful?
6.) Anything else to say?
if it were your last day on earth...what flavor of corn nuts would you prefer to eat?
So the questions are:
What phone service do you have [AT&T, MCI, Vonage, etc.]?
How much do you pay a month?
What features does that include?
Which phone service should I avoid?
I'm going to try and buy a down comforter online. Ikea has good prices, and of course, overstock.com is amazing. Any suggestions on how to buy a good one?
Any places to buy really cool, modern, un-fancy bedding online? I like places like Urban Outfitters, Ikea, Potty Barn... simple, cool, comfortable stuff. Also, I need good prices. I'm thinking I may just buy at Macy's.
I just got a job. As I've been doing lots of interviews and turning in lots of applications, I may be offered more than one job. What's the etiquette with this? How do I turn down one job? Both jobs are part time and might not give a lot of hours... do you think it's possible to do more than one job? The one that I've already been accepting at is American Eagle Outfitters, and the Apple store looks promising. I think I'd like both of these jobs equally, though I know AE won't give me a lot of hours, at least at first, and pays less.
I have beef ramen, beef soup, an avocado, baby carrots, frozen peas, eggs, pasta, milk, noodles, canned pinapple and mandarins, breaded chicken patties and bread. What the hell can I make for dinner?
Anything else you want to tell me, besides that my questions suck?
Does anyone know what I'm talking about? I really really really want to own this film and I've searched online for it but so far I haven't found it. Any help is really appreciated.
Can I make a request for some recipe ideas?
In the past I've either lived on my own and haven't cared much about what I eat, or lived with pasta lovers (my wife isn't too fond of pasta everyday) and eaten out a lot.
PS. Fancy ingredients can be tricky to find here in Brazil (for me at least) so somewhat simpler ideas are better :-)
2. Speaking of which: three days, summery wild wood, walking the boardwalk, spending three plus hours on the bus, and going to six flags. What should I pack? Thus far I have one pair of jeans, three tshirts, 2 pairs of shorts, 1 pair of capris, 1 hoodie, 1 pair of flip flops, 1 pair of sneakers, sunscreen, pajamas, aspirin and water bottle, digital camera, mp3 player, makeup, 3 pairs of underwear, 2 bras, razor , mini vials of shampoo, soap, tweezers, deodorant, and toothbrush+toothpaste. What am I forgetting?
3. Do your write in cursive or print?
4. Is Avenue D in NYC really THAT bad? What about the Bronx?
5. Does the Roosevelt Island Tram away run over the Hudson or the East?
6. What are some good websites for college [off campus] or life tips? If it helps any, I'm a minor living in an rented room in a new city. I don't really know anyone there, and I've never really live on my own before.
7. Favorite poet?
8. Favorite optimist novel? [None of this Catcher in the Rye crap]
EDIT: What's that webiste with all the free/reduced fee college applications?
2) My icon is my kingsnake.Can you see how people think he's a penis?
Would you tailgate the car in front of you leaving barely an inch of space and refuse to let such erring drivers in because they should've waited their turn just like you did, or would you just sigh and let them in because either you're afraid that the one car you refuse one day might have some crazy person with a gun in the car who will turn around and shoot you through the windshield if you piss him/her off, or because this might be some person new to the area who didn't realize that s/he had to wait in the line to get onto the highway? This happens every day without fail - whether you leave 30 mins early or an hour late.
Peoples who are going to have gap years! What are your plans?
It’s still all very vague for me (still have a year left of college), but I intend to spend the best part of the year working, so as to at least have some money before I hop on off to uni. Then, in the summer, I want to go to Mexico for a few weeks.
Like I said, vague.
2. Does anyone else ever look around and wonder: if everyone in this room were suddenly transported back to prehistoric times, could we survive? Could we even get along? What roles would we take? Who would be the leader? Etc.
So, help me out, here. I know a lot of people check in on their ex boyfriends and girlfriends in LJ-land, themselves, and don't think they're doing anything wrong. I'm seeing a double standard.
WHY is it considered 'stalking'? If the entries are for public view, and why get pissed when someone -even someone you don't care for anymore- views it?
Seriously confused on this one.
As an new grad who is unemployed at the moment, I could really use the money, but I ended up calling in and leaving them a message telling them about the error. I also mentioned that I wouldn't complain if they were giving away free money for the heck of it. Grr...I think maybe I'm too moral for my own good.
Anyway, would you have done the same? Or just kept the money and then acted surprised if they called?
This is assuming that you won't have future dealings with them (though as of now I'm not sure if that's the case).
What was wrong with Andrea, did we find out why she was sick? And anything else I might have missed in the first half hour...
mine have nothing in common. AIM is Lo572 and.... well, i'd tell you my lj name, but then i'd have to kill you
What are your greatest sources of hope and inspiration?
What scares you the most about your future?
Are you living the life you always wanted?
What would make your situation better?
2. Do you get post-vacation depression? After vacations, I hate going back to work more than anything and just fantasize about moving to wherever I came from.
3. When you take vacations, what kind do you like them to be?
-Active where you're doing a lot of activities and sight-seeing
-relaxing in the sun with drinks
-A combination of the two... relaxing but doing some sightseeing.
4. When you're in another country, do you prefer to try new things or try what is familiar and comfortable to you?
5. Is there a website that will list when the peak / slow times are to fly to certain parts of the world? I have signed up for the Fare Alert thingie from Travelocity but I'd like to go to a website and see it list for example: April is the cheapest month to fly to Namibia but September is the most expensive (or something similar). Anyone know of a website like this?
2. I'm surprised to find that nobody in this community owns or maintains a pool. So how many of you have never been in a pool?
3. What would you do if you woke up tomorrow morning and your refrigerator was MIA?
4. My mom works at a car dealership and deals a lot with warranties, shop work, and fleets. She was checking in cars today that had just arrived and a lot of the VIN numbers had 666 in them. Would that creep you out if every other car you checked in had a, uh, creepy VIN number?
5. All of a sudden there's more controversy about gay marriage. Have we ever done a poll on that in TQC -- "do you support gay marriage?" I'm not looking for discussion and would rather not spark debates, but I'm curious to see if the majority of questionclubbers support gay marriage or don't support it. And for the fun of it, what do you think the majority would be?
*I think the majority would support it.
6. Would you like to ask me a question? (in other words, hit me with your best shot. the stranger the better.)
What to you say to St. Peter to make you worthy to enter heaven?
"Every rose has its thorn
Just like every night has its dawn
Just like every cowboy sings his sad, sad song
Every rose has its thorn."
If you've done something like this, was it worth it?
sooo...my questions are: did you like your english comp teacher? if so, why? what's one thing i can do NOT to freak these kids out?
this is a new post
why won't my sound work?
I'm on my regular computer and not on a laptop.
I had downloaded myspaceim and deleted it figuring that may be the problem.
The media controller is on here and at full blast and nothing.