Why does milk have to be warm to help you sleep?
Wont cold milk be just as effective?
When does Nip/Tuck Season 3 come out on DVD?
I have a hat (ballcap) that I wear frequently, but it's time to wash it. What's the best method to wash a hat so I don't damage it?
(if this has been asked recently, let me know and I'll remove it. I haven't been keeping up with my FList, again...)
So. Sudoku or Soduko?
What is your typical method of solving? (boxes, rows, 3 row groups, single boxes first?)
If your paper has harder ones towards the end of the week, can you solve the sunday one? How long does it take you?
Fess up. Do you look at the answers when you're stuck?
I've had chronic dandruff for years now.
Nothing gets rid of it. I've tried all the special shampoos, vinegar, various lotions, repeated vigorous washings, not washing at all, nothing helps, and I'm tired of this crap. It's embarrassing and itchy.
Any suggestions? I'm serious.
What type of cheese should I buy for a grilled cheese sandwich?
I'm using Sunbeam Texas bread.
1. What's the most disgusting food you have seen someone eat? (Actual food, not something that is not meant to be eaten.)
At the place I work, I had to make a float for a guy who wanted orange soda with pumpkin pie ice cream in it. The same guy also ordered a Mountain Dew/vanilla ice cream float for his little brother.
It was also a trend for the guys in marching band to eat Oreos topped with Easy Cheese.
2. What is your favorite kind of tea?
I've always just drunk super cheap Earl Grey or Green Tea, but I shelled out a bit more than usual for some Harney & Sons Hot Cinnamon Sunset and it is one of the most amazing things I've ever tasted. Now I'm looking to move into the exciting world of (slightly?) higher-quality tea.
Should I wash my button up black shirts with my band tee black shirts with logos?
Should I turn my band tees inside out when I wash them?
How should I wash my bras? They are white and off white so I know I can't wash them with my band tees.
I usually hand wash my laundry but it's growing very tiresome.
What exactly is a mother-in-law apartment?
My freezer smells really funky. I've already cleaned it out, so there should be no more funk. What's the best way to deodorize it? Can I use...Oust? Febreeze? :p
Does anyone know what the stipulations are at Staples in regards to the "turn an ink cartridge in, get $3 off a purchase" deal?
Is there a minimum purchase in order to get the $3? Just curious.
What areas of the world have the most detailed satellite imagery on Google maps?
What do you think of when you hear the name Mallory? What kind of person do associate with that name?
Do you think ignoring a guy (phone calls and IMs) is a legit way of making him more interested?
(And on that line of thought, what's your opinion on The Rules?)
Who's watching the Degrassi premire tonight?
1. What does your room look like?
2. How often do you clean your room?
3. How do you put videos and pictures on your ipod? Do you have to buy something from the Music Store?
What are you doing with your life?
You know how for every job you have (don't know if they only do this for full time, or part time as well), when you get your paycheque, after they take out the taxes they take out money for your CPP (Canadian Pension Plan) - (Don't know if you have the same thing in the US or what it's called..)
I understand that this money is socked away and when you retire you'll get all that money, all the CPP withdrawls that were taken out of every paycheque from all your jobs.
My question is, is there any way to find how much money is in your CPP so far at any given time?
I know that for my current job, I can tell how much money has been put into my CPP this year because it shows a "Year to Date" amount beside the CPP withdrawl on every paycheque. But I'm talking about the whole total in my CPP, from every job since I started working and having it withdrawled on my paycheques.
Is there a way to see everything that's been socked away so far?
I have a concert to go to at 5pm and have to stay up until 11pm, it's 11:30 am now but I haven't slept since 5pm yesterday. The concert is across the street but I have to be alert and stable enough to make quality photos of the concert because it's a CD release.
What do you reccommend I do to be chipper, alert, rested and stable for the concert?
Yeah sorry, another relationship question. May be tl;dr.
I started dating my SO in September 2007. Got pregnant 3 months later and had our daughter in September 2008. In February 2009, we broke up. Things were pretty bad for him for awhile... He has anger issues due to how he grew up. His dad used to beat the shit out of him, told him he wished he was dead etc, and his mom was too busy with her boyfriends to care about him. These problems never caused issues between us (we never fought or anything) and mostly only came out at work. He's been fired from 9 jobs since we started dating and that doesn't include the multiple times he's been fired from the same job (working for his mom).
We got back together in February of this year. In the beginning, things were great. They're still alright... he treats me good and he's awesome with our daughter. He's gone to anger management and he's going to therapy, but I don't know if he's ever going to really change. He doesn't have a job right now (he's been living with his brother since we got back together and they just moved to another city about 10 miles away from me) but I know when he does get one, he'll probably just get fired again.
I work my ass off taking care of our daughter full time, I just graduated from a tech school getting my certification to be a medical assistant and I also work. It pisses me off to know that he'll probably never put the same effort into providing the best life for our child that I do.
Should I stay with him in hopes that the therapy helps and he "grows up" some day? What would you do in this situation? I love him, but I just don't have the same feelings for him that I did in the beginning. I'm supposed to go see him today, but I just feel kinda "eh" and would honestly rather stay home. But I don't know if that's enough to "break our family apart" again for.
1. I am currently reading a book called Blindness, by Jose Saramago. Its about an epidemic of, obviously, blindness that overcomes a city. Good book, it won a Nobel Prize for Literature (which normally means it will put me to sleep, but not in this case). So, it got me thinking... If you HAD to lose one of your senses, which would you be most willing to lose? How about LEAST willing?
I'd probably want to lose my sight - when I take my contacts out, I can't see much anyway, and i do alright. I'd hate to lose my sense of touch - most unlikely, I know, but I think of those kids who don't have pain receptors or whatever, and it just seems so.. dangerous. To not know if something was wrong with you would be scary.
2. I work in a bowling alley part time. We are currently doing a fund raiser for Big Brothers. I work the main counter, getting shoes, setting up the computers for the lanes, getting pop & chocolate bars, etc.... there is also another room with a "lounge" This consists of 3 tubs, 2 filled with domestic beer, 1 with imports and coolers. The job of the person in the "lounge" is to take cash & open the bottles. The lounge has a tip cup. The main counter doesn't. Am I being whiny in thinking that its only fair for the one with the easy job, who is getting the tips, should split it with the person at the main counter, doing all the work? (I should add that the front counter is also where the announcer is, so that job entails managing the PA system, answering questions, helping with the prize drawings and other stuff.) Is there any way that I could subtly suggest a more fair division of said tips?
3. Let's say you have a friend who is going through a rough time, and complaining that everyone they know doesn't care about them (this can be IRL or on LJ) You make an effort to offer them any support you can, but they continue to whine about it & ignore you. How many times should you speak up before you figure they don't really want your help? Would you ask them why?
How the hell did I find this place?
And also, for something a little less random, how did you find it?
Do any of you know of any good, highly-suspenseful and/or horror movies? I'm not looking for just blood and gore films, I'd like it to have a plot of some sort. Nothing too freaky though, I'm new to the horror genre and just looking to get my feet wet. =)
(I hope this question made sense.)
Who do you miss at this very moment?
Do they know you miss them?
Do they probably miss you too?
How would you decribe the feeling of missing somebody?
What is your favorite "I Miss You" song?
1. I'm trying to find information online on G. Keith Richardson, the current mayor of North Platte, but can't find even a bio. Does anyone know of a good online resource? (Wikipedia doesn't have him, and Googling gets me someone else with the same name who has a lawsuit with the Boy Scouts.)
2. What's the weirdest/most random invite for membership you've received for a community/club/group/etc? (online or offline)
What shall I do to cheer myself up, right now?
That doesn't involve:
[I'll give you reasons for being down, if I have to.]
Are there any decent sites where you can list your cds with cover pictures?
It has to be free of charge, of course.
there is a slick rick song that i'm looking for that says something about "my name's slick rick not frosty flake". any one know what song that is?
Let's say you had a close family member who was getting married, but for whatever reason you forgot to put in to your work to have that day off until THE LAST MINUTE. Your work was generous to give you that day off even though you barely gave them any notice and they had to find somebody to cover you.
Then the night before the wedding, the workload pile becomes HUGE and you know that the following day is going to be hell for the people who are picking up your slack. You know that they might even have to stay up to 14 hours because you've had to stay that long with that big of a workload before. They might even have to call in somebody else to help out.
ALL BECAUSE YOU SUCK.
1. Would you still go to the wedding and just blow off your coworkers with YOUR huge workload or would you come in to work and blow off the wedding of your ?
2. Would your answer be any different if, for whatever reason, you had JUST returned from a 9-week leave?
3. How guilty would you feel for blowing off work?
Three completely unrelated questions -
How does YouTube stay free? I don't see anyway that they can afford to, with the huge number of videos and number of views.
Do you pronounce cot and caught the same way? And where are you from? I'm from Ohio and can't figure out how to say them differently, but my roommate does, and I can't copy it, haha.
My school has signs about various statistics hanging up, and one says that something like 47% of rapes are never reported. How do they get that number?
I get canker sores quite often, but usually I only get them one at a time, and they're never too painful. I usually just gargle with salt water and take some vitamin c when I get one, and it goes away without too much pain.
But at the moment... UGH. I have five of them in my mouth right now and they're all huge and they hurt like a bitch. Salt water gargles aren't helping.
I'm aware of most the remedies for canker sores (hydrogen peroxide, baking soda, etc), but I haven't tried most of them. So, my question is, what helps the most?
And it has to be something I can find in my house or purchase for under $7. Also, going to a doctor at this moment isn't an option.
1. A good friend of mine is pregnant, and today she had her first time with pregnancy puking. I'm highly vomit-phobic, and we are to be dress shopping on Sunday, which now has me afraid to be around her. Are there any natural remedies for pregnancy nausea? She said eating Ritz crackers when the nausea comes generally helps, so should I just trust her judgement to shove some crackers in her mouth when she starts feeling pukey? How long does morning sickness generally last during a pregnancy?
2. What's a big "faux-pas" you committed?
3. What are you doing tonight?
I'm ordering an eggplant parm sub (so glad I worked out today) and watching Audrey Hepburn movies.
To what places can you apply for a job online?
if out of college:
what did you major in and what do you do now?
if you are in college or younger:
what are you/ are you planning on majoring in and what do you want to do?
(I'm a freshman, have no idea what I want to do with my life, and am double majoring in art and french simply because those two subjects come easy to me).
What's your best recipe for anything I can make on an outdoor grill?
Favorite burger recipe?
Did you ever play the "I'm going on a picnic.." game?
Why aren't "some of the songs in [my itunes] library" able to be played on my iPod. They're all MP3s. :((???
((I have one of the new 30 Gb iPods))
i heard that if you're dehydrated when stranded somewhere out in the snow, you shouldn't eat the snow.
Car A is silver, car B is maroon. Car B taps car A, leaving a maroon smear on the corner. Is there a way to get the maroon smear off/minimise it, other than getting a professional paint job, which won't fuck it up and making the professional paint job more expensive?
I got a gallon of milk from Farm Fresh earlier this afternoon, only to realize a few minutes ago that the expiration date is April 9 (two days from now). It tastes kind of funky to me, and I'm leaving for the weekend, so drinking it isn't an option.
Any way I can return it?
I'm working to make ends meet, so paying $3.50-4.50 for a gallon of whole milk is a lot of money to literally pour down the drain (if I keep the milk).
How much does a gallon of regular store-brand milk cost for you?
Bon Scott or Brian Johnson?
Dick Sargent or Dick York?
South Park or Family Guy?
1. Assuming you drink soda, what's your favorite kind?
I love Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr.Pepper, Diet Sunkist, and Wild Cherry Pepsi.
2. What are some good books to read on a short(2.5 hour) flight?
Can someone please explain to me what 'emo' is!!! I've heard a few different things and I've read a few definitions but I don't really get it. If someone is 'emo' what do they wear? what do they listen to? what are their general attitudes?
help! it has been annoying my boyfriend and i for ages!!
is there any way to find out when a certain store, shop, etc., is going to have a sale a couple of weeks in advance? when do these places normally announce their sales?
anyone here watch Conviction on NBC?
Does anyone know what the theme song is? I want it!
ETA: OMG, I tried google, thank you. "All Will Be Well" was played over the trailers, whihc is not the same song they use for the main credits. So it's not the song I'm looking for.
With certain songs, I hear them and I just enjoy the music. Others call up memories of a tv show or movie where the song was playing. Yesterday I walked into the kitchen and on the radio was playing Wild Cherry's "Play That Funky Music". Immediately the scene of Stifler, Mulder, and Orlando Jones riding in a jeep in Evolution flashed in my mind.
What song does the same for you?
Two other big ones for me are Biggie's "Hypnotize" (Ten Things I Hate About You, Julia Stiles dancing on the table) and The Verve's "Bittersweet Symphony" (Cruel Intentions, the end of the funeral)