|A question of business, ethics, education, and the weather.
||[Mar. 7th, 2006|10:27 pm]
The Question Club
I teach piano three days a week -- Monday, Thursday, and Friday. This Thursday we're supposed to have some nasty storms rolling through -- the weatherman just said our biggest threat was "damaging winds" and they've been talking about how bad this system's going to be since the weekend -- oh joy, he just said "isolated tornadoes" too. I work on the other side of town, have a half hour drive home, and I have five or six students that day. Whenever there's a holiday or bad weather, most of the time people don't show up.|
Now I don't know what time of the day this mess is going to hit and probably won't know until tomorrow, but if it does hit in the afternoon, would it be a good idea to call and cancel my day's lessons (which are from 4 to 6:30 in the afternoon)? I'm thinking not only would I have to drive on a dark wet road, but so would my students' parents, and the way they're making these storms out to be is not pretty at all. A thunderstorm I can handle, but this stuff sounds bad. Plus chances are a lot of my students won't come anyway...
Like I said, I'll make a decision tomorrow, but opinions, anybody?