January 12th, 2006
Here's my question, say I sit down with those new flinstone Gummie multivitamins. Say I am watching a Law & Order marathon and manage to eat a whole case of Flinstone Gummie Multivitamins.
Would I die? Get sick?
Have you ever over dosed on a certain type of food? Like eating too many bags of skittles and throwing up rainbow?
2) Do you think Martha's (Stewart) punishment was justified? Or not enough?
3) Do you think Kate's (Moss') punishment was justified? Or not enough?
4) Who do you think should be thrown in jail? What would you sentence him/her?
5) Would you raise your kids in NYC? Why / not?
6) Should I eat gummi bears or some weird asian snack like dried cuttlefish?
7) Do you think this blonde joke is funny? http://www.livejournal.com/users/ethernetbunny/620658.html
I was thinking something along the lines of 'thanks for the opportunity to interview with you....I enjoyed hearing more about the job, and meeting you'.. something along those lines, but maybe not cheesy like that :) and I also don't know if I should add something about 'i'd really do well at this job'? but not just come out and say that of course. any suggestions? :)
What new-ish book would you recommend for someone not interested in fiction or self-help (since those are the kinds of books I never finish for some reason), and who can't sit still for very long? I've already got a list of literature classics that I never had to read in school, but I want something new too. Check my interests if you want to get really specific.
How many times do you wear them before they hit the wash?
Problem: I don't remember the URL but I would probably recognize it when I saw it!
All I know is that I made it ca. 3 years ago and that the website was rather popular back then. And I remember my user name and I think I can figure out the password.
So, which online photo album / hosting sites do you know?
Anybody know what may be causing this and what I can do about it?
ETA: It's doing all sorts of other weird things, too. Like when I press CTRL, the calculator pops up. And when I press ALT, Outlook starts up.
Does anyone else have an idea on how I can have a flash picture taken without looking asleep?
1. Chili: beans or no beans? Why?
2. When (if) you buy a tube of cookie dough from the grocery store, do you really make cookies, or just eat the dough?
And for something completely different...
3. We really need to repaint the walls in our bathroom. The original paintjob is terrible. It's one coat of paint, with no primer, directly onto the plaster. There are lots of places the paint is just peeling right off. I know that just painting directly over the first coat, as is, will not have good results, but I don't really know what I should do. So, any tips?
( Collapse )
A woman (rightly or wrongly) accuses a man of rape. Before the case goes to court, the man's name is open to the media while the woman's name is protected.
The man is effectively tried twice, once by the judge and once by a media / mob rule judgement. The judge may decide either way. The media/mob are almost certain to convict.
Should the man's name be protected? Should the woman's?
I'm a pillock. I posted this to the wrong community, but I'll let it stand.
What exactly does that mean? Is that a contradiction?
What should I wear??
Edit-- and how should I do my hair??
EDIT--- I found a pict of a top and waistcincher I have. Would it be too much??
( Collapse )
(I have several bilingual friends with whom I can practice, but "teach me a new language" is a bit of a hefty request.)
What are some of your favorite comfort foods?
What's your opinion of alcoholics and drug addicts recovering through 12 step programs and such?
What do you think of Celexa? If you've used it, what were the side effects for you?
If you are an addict or alcoholic, what is your view on relationships? Such as, no relationships until a year clean/sober, anytime, only with another addict/alcoholic, depends on the person etc.?
Wow, that's a lot more than I intended to type.....weeeee
(this excludes people who could care less about their jobs or are self-employed)
am I pregnant?
TQC do yer thang!
The show is about a man named Rene, who is French and owns a cafe in a small town in Nazi-occupied France. As he explains near the beginning of every show, he is friendly to the Germans so they don't shoot him, but also helps the Resistance to smuggle British airman out of France, so the Resistance doesn't shoot him. He also has to hide from his wife the affairs he is having with the waitresses, otherwise his wife might shoot him. There is also a gay Nazi who's in love with him.
The program is from the 80s/early 90s and it is obviously intended as a farce/comedy. Not at all serious. To me, it seems very similar to Are You Being Served?, Fawlty Towers, and similar British comedy shows.
Has anyone else seen this show?
So.....would you find this show offensive?
What about shows like Family Guy, American Dad and the Simpsons?
Do you have to wait a certain amount of time before making jokes about something?
Is it the content of the jokes or the intention of the teller that matters more?
someone asked a question earlier about learning spanish, but i have a bit of a different question on the subject, so bare with me.
see, there's this guy who works at my diner. we'll call him sergio. because that's his name. so, sergio has lived in america for nine years, but never formally studied english. he speaks broken english, and although it's damn cute, i would really like to help him learn to speak more fluently. i don't need something that's going to teach him things like "hello" or most common words. it's more the grammar that he's lacking. but, at the same time, i'd like to pick up some spanish. (although, "te quiero" has worked fine for me thus far...)
what are some good materials that i can pick up to help us both learn our respective foreign languages together?
preferably, something he can do while on break at the diner, since i haven't the time to be messing around with sergio's poor head any further.
2. If caffeine free diet pepsi has no caffeine (obviously), 0 calories, and 0 whatevers of sugar, is it still "bad" for you? Or is it just not good?
( Collapse )
In places where they drive on the left hand side of the road are doors on the left and do people walk on the left hand side of the sidewalk?
I know lots of people who only check user info if they really agree or really disagree with somebody. But I really enjoy seeing what people want to say about their beliefs/lives/journals in such a condensed space, so I probably look at more userinfos than most LJers.
2) Most places have that "typical (fill in place) weather". For example, here in St. Louis it's completely normal to use your air condition and heater in the same day all through the Spring and Fall. Also, about an hour ago it was sunny and 65 degrees. However, it wouldn't be surprising if we got a blizzard tomorrow. It's common to hear "If you don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes. It'll change." Another example- my mom, who lives in Arizona now, always says "It's a dry heat."
What do the locals say about the weather in your place in the world?
3) When cleaning your house/apartment/cave, what order do you go in?
I normally go living room, kitchen, bathroom, den, bedrooms.
4) How often do you have people over?
Not very often. It's hard to find time. My husband works from 3pm-1am, so our hours are pretty different from most of our friends
eta - i'm in need of some ideas that would get me the most money ( i am poverty stricken! ) i have my own place so i have more junk than if i stayed with my parents. i'm not making much sense am i? :-(
1. What would you get and where? [Why?]
2. If there was no pain involved of any sort, what would you get and where? [Why?]
EDIT: I figured out what I'd want- the stars of Orion in their respected pattern [it has personal meaning]. I don't know where, though. :| Suggestions?
2- If not, to be more united, how about insisting that everything written (posts and replies) be posed in a question?
3- Wouldn't that be amusing for at least 5 minutes?
pps. TQC do yer thang!
Something you thought would be interesting and wasn't?
Soap, tin foil and forks, respectively.
When I first took it out of the package and plugged it in, it worked fine. But now, a day later, it won't work at all. I read the manual and it said to press a couple buttons, and I did so, but it still won't turn on. The light turns green for half a second, and then turns off.
Has anyone ever dealt with this before? What should I do?
I dated a guy whose cat used to suck his tail. it was the strangest thing. And my boyfriends cat loves to lick the shower curtian after we've taken a shower. The first time I saw her do it, I was like of like what the heck is this? but now it's become sort of a ritual for her. I take a shower and she sits by the door and waits and the second I get out, she runs over and gets on the tub and licks the curtian for 20 minutes. And she will cry for us to pull the curtian out more so she can reach it so she doesn't get wet.
How did it end up/work out for you?
What is your take on this?
( Collapse )
To any girls who play video games:
1. If someone called you a "gamer chick", would you take that as a good thing, or a bad thing?
2. What do you picture when you think "gamer chick?"
3. What kind of games do you like?
1. If you heard a girl was a "gamer chick", would that be good or bad?
2. Describe a typical "gamer chick"
3. What do you think of video games? Which types do you like?
(nothing against them, half of my family are Jehovah Witnesses)
EDIT: Thanks for your help guys! I don't need anymore sites.
Also, if you play D&D, how did you get into it? Do you find it fun? What advice would you give to my boyfriend and I, who really want to get into it and have no idea what to expect?
Thanks guys! You all rock!
2. How often do you change your LJ layout?
3. What's your favorite flag?
4. Who's your favorite poet?
5. What's one song lyric that sums up your day?
6. Do you swear a lot?
7. Do you think you're photogenic?
8. What are some things you just know about other TQC members?
( Collapse )
* i'm assuming you manage not to fall into the sock gap when you do the do.
I have to meet someone tomorrow. How do I pronounce this surname--- Falcone. Does it rhyme with cone or is it pronounced fal-cone-y?
( Collapse )
I'm making 3 different cds.
1. About Home (eg. Home by Michael Buble, My Hometown by Aaron Lines)
2. About being a teenager, or being young (eg. I'm just a teenage dirtbag by wheatus, i'm just a kid by simple plan)
3. A CD for my volleyball teams warmup. Mainstream, CLEAN upbeat songs.
What songs should I add to these cds?
Do you prefer to drink icy cold water or water at room temperature?
I spend anywhere from 25-45 minutes in the shower, and most of this time i spend standing under hot water, not washing. And i prefer drinking water at room temperature.
2. What colours go well with navy blue, aside from white and its cousins?
3. Any websites similar to Google maps where I can plan out A to B to C route, rather than just an A to B route?
For me, Jewel's album 'Spirit' reminds me of the winter when I was in seventh grade, when I had moved to an apartment at a defunct ski resort. I used to walk home from the bus stop in the cold listening to it. I remember the cold not being bothersome, but comforting. I also remember watching the beautiful sunsets.
Let's say there is this guy whom you like only as a friend. He tells you one day that he likes you, and that he would really love it if you go out with him. Not wanting to hurt his feelings, you replied back saying that you wouldn't mind going out with him - as a friend, only. And that you are comfortable with being just friends and don't want to change it. He answered that you could give him a chance - go out with him once or twice, and see how things go.
What would you do? Try to see if you could maybe develop feelings for the guy, or tell him again no?
Adding to the situation, what if you have a crush on someone else at the same time? (A crush who is completely unsuitable and unlikely to reciprocate your feelings. )