1. What song are you listening to right now?
2. What's one (or two or three) must have songs for my ipod?
3. What are some of the little "quirks" that your computer has/does?
4. What's the most annoying sound in the world?
5. What's your favorite jazz song/standard?
6. When looking around the room, how many christmas decorations can you count?
7. Hows the "dating" (or married) situation going for you? (just say good or bad if this is too personal for you)
8. a) Did you take Math 12?
b) Did you do good in it?
c) Did you like it?
I'm trying to French Manicure my natural nails. I can do the actual manicuring part just fine... I'm wondering if there's some magical way to keep the polish from chipping away after a few hours/days. I actually want to enjoy my nails for a few days without touch-ups. :)
To all you college nerds out there...
Has anyone bypassed Resnet's port-blocks?
I'm doing a project for my gender studies class about gender, sex, and how it is used in advertisements. I need to use examples for the project, and so far I'm using a page out of a Victoria's Secret catalogue, and an example of a pop-up for porn. Does anyone have any other examples they can think of? It can be any type of media source, including TV, newspapers, or magazines, etc.
Has anyone else suddenly started receiving comment replies from around November 20th?
For college students, or anyone who was once a college student:
How long into a semester does it take for you to hit the point where you just don't think you can take it anymore?
I think I just hit that point, and exams are next week. I don't even have any sit-down exams! But one of my professors decided that we should have all three 10-page papers in the second half of the semester- including our midterm, which wasn't even handed out until after we'd already gotten our midterm grades. Odd.
I'm just stuck. I'm 421 words into a 2500-word paper on a play that I could maybe squeeze 1500 words out of, which was technically due this morning at 10 am, but which (I'm hoping) I got an extension for. My professor never emailed me back to tell me if it was OK or not.
I'm sick of it. SICK. I want to go HOME. :(
Is it possible to order people stuff from their amazon.com/ca/co.uk/whatever whishlist without letting them know who you are?
If you had a choice between reading a story and watching the movie based on that book (such has Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Narnia, etc) which would you rather do? What are the benefits of reading vs. watching a film and vice versa?
1. Are you going to be making any New Year's resolutions? What are they?
2. If you're a female and wear makeup, do you feel comfortable leaving the house without makeup?
3. Do you think it's weird when someone showers before they go to the gym (and again after!)?
4. Guys (or girls who like girls) - do you prefer girls who don't wear makeup, wear a little bit of makeup or wear a LOT of makeup? Which are you initially attracted to?
5. When dating someone, would you rather someone be 15 pounds overweight and never worry about food or their weight or would you rather someone be 15 pounds underweight and constantly worry about their weight and what their eating?
6. Which would you choose (purely hypothetical question): Knowing that you will ALWAYS be 15-20 pounds overweight (no more and no less) but you can eat anything you want, without any health consequences -OR- having a perfect body that everyone admired but knowing you couldn't eat any of the things you REALLY enjoy?
Has anyone ever used this? I am having some SERIOUS back pain. Either beds are too firm, or too soft (generally, I like firmer beds). But lately I've been SO uncomfortable that it is hard for me to go to sleep. Have you, or anyone you know used the Tempurpedic with success? Did it help back aches/pains etc? How about just the Tempurpedic covering (it goes over your old mattress). What do you think?
Ok, all you quilters out there: do they make a guard for your index finger (the one that holds down the ruler while you are cutting, so in my case, the left one) for when you are using a rotary cutter to cut fabric?
I has a fun little trip to the ER last night after I ran the cutter past the fabric and into my finger by accident, and knowing that I'm a total klutz, I'd like to prevent that from happening again. :)
What is your definition of unconditional love and what does it mean to you?
For my badminton class, if you miss four classes, you fail, no questions asked. I missed (slept through) class for the fourth time last Thursday. The class meets only two or three more times before the end of the semester.
If you knew you'd already failed the class with no way of passing, would you go to class the final two or three class meetings or say forget it and just not go?
What is the name of the episode of Family Guy when Brian is on the Batchelorette?
Edit: Where can I find the script of this episode? I just can't find anything.
Has anyone that's ever taken a Ketek Pak actually made them feel worse?
Does anyone other than me have random hairs on their body that grow way longer than any other hair in the area? I have such a hair on my left arm, which is about 4 times the size of every other hair, and i recently discovered that on both of my shoulders, which have no hair whatsoever, a hair about an inch long. Its strange because i dont have any hair on my chest/back/shoulders except for these single random long assed hairs on each of my shoulders, in pretty much the exact same places.
Anyone else, most probably guys, have something like this?
1. What are your guilty pleasures?
2. Which tv shows did you watch as a kid?
3. What was your favorite toy growing up?
4. What are your favorite parts of your personality?
5. What are your least favorite parts of your personality?
What type of degree do i need to own a farm?
What usually happens at a Jack & Jill? My brother is getting married next year and they've got a J&J planned except I have no idea what happens. I haven't even heard of one before.
I'll be a brides maid at the wedding. Would it be bad if I don't go to this event? :/ (I have my reasons and I'm sure they'd understand, but I'm just wondering how the whole J&J thing is in the grand scheme of things.)
What is the best non-fictional book you have read? (Based on a true story doesnt count as non-fictional for this question).
What was it about?
Can anyone tell me how to clean a pair of sneakers relatively gently? Like, maybe a solution to soak them in to get the dirt off, then airdrying? I wouldn't even mind scrubbing some with my hands or a dish sponge.
I'm just looking for ideas - I have a paper to write :)
When you picture a social worker (or someone similar, I guess), what kind of problems/situations do you see them helping with?
So I have this wonderful mustard colored sueddddee purse that I've managed to get pen on. There's just..this big gash of pen right on the outside.
Does anyone know of anything that will get the ink off, seeing as it's suede, and apparently nothing removes stains on suede...?
I would love you forver.
Do you remember the first time you held hands, romantically, with someone? Describe!
Do you remember that band, Dishwalla?
How many people do you personally know have gotten fired, expelled (etc.) over something they wrote in their journal?
I found a thick, black, curly hair growing on my head with my normal hair (which is light brown and straightish-wavy). I plucked it out to find that it was so curly that it coils up tightly, and it was solid black except for the root, which was kind of reddish. I haven't dyed my hair in almost a year and it has been cut several times, so I don't understand why this kind of hair would just exist there. Are my follicles revolting? Am I genetically impure?
Has anyone ever taken H57 Hoodia? Did it work & would you recommend it?
What vitamins/supplements do you take daily, and what are they for? Did you notice a difference after you started taking them?
I'm making stuffed peppers for dinner tonight, and so far my stuffing consists of rice, minced pork and mushrooms.
But it's a little dry - so what can I add to juice it up a little?
1) What's the most trivial reason you broke up with someone? What's the most trivial reason someone broke up with you?
2) What's the best/worst gift you've given/gotten?
3) If you were on the cover of a popular magazine, would you want to be airbrushed?
4) Do you like/dislike Jenn Aniston on the Cover of GQ? Was it a good move for her to pose topless?
5) Coffee or tea?
Can anyone suggest any unconvetion or anti-Christmas songs?
I want to create a playlist of these on my Ipod for when I'm Christmas shopping. I'm not a big fan of Christmas so Christmas shopping isn't my favourite thing to do around this time of year.
So far I've thought of Fairytale of New York with the Pogues and Kirsty McCall and Do They Know It's Christmas? by Band Aid.
Is love a decision or a feeling?
> What is the biggest selling Christmas single of all
I'm going to visit U of Chicago, any amazing shopping places/streets/areas to visit?
1. Have you ever had food poisoning? If yes, do you know what food poisoned you?
2. What's your ethnicity?
2. German, English, Irish
Have you ever passed out? Why?
I'm looking for the name of a book. I read a blurb about it in Stuff or Maxim, I can't remember which. Its a book of illustrations/graphic novel that tells rather twisted stories. The most memorable blurb was the line:
"If (authorsname) had his way, Dagwood would be drinking his way through his third marriage"
Anyone have any ideas on the name of the book?
1. How do you make Jello shots?
2. What is your favorite alcoholic beverage? (If you have one...)
3. What is your favorite non-alcoholic beverage? (If you have one...)
4. Does white wine or red wine go better with pizza?
5. What is your favorite food/beverage combination? (Ex.: cookies and milk, beer and pizza, etc.)
War is Peace.
I have to do an oral presentation in two days, and I'd like your opinion about how appropriate that slogan is when looking at the USA. In question form:
How far does the comparison between the slogan, and the underlaying thought, and the modern USA go?
Thanks in advance.
Do you think Shakespeare is overrated?
What's the most random/interesting compliment you've ever recieved?
Last week or so, I placed an order via the internet, and paid by money order. A few days later, This guy calls me at around 10:00pm, says he's from *business name*.. I thought there was something wrong with my order, but no! He was just calling to tell me I have "awesome!, cute, little girl-ish" handwriting, and that as soon as he saw my envelope, he couldn't wait to open it! He asked me if I always wrote that way, haha. He even hooked me up with some free stuff because he thought it was so spectacular.. I thought that was SO odd, but yet neat. I've never, ever been complimented on my handwriting before, and with good reason!
1. If you could have personally witnessed one event in history, what would you want to have seen?
2. You discover your wonderful one-year-old child is, because of a mixup a the hospital, not yours. Would you want to exchange the child to try to correct the mistake?
3. The major newspaper headlines for tomorrow will be about you. What would you want them to say?
4. Through a computer error, you receive an overpayment on your paycheck. Do you report it?
5. You can bring one fictional character to life. Whom would you choose?
6. What’s the dumbest purchase you’ve ever made?
7. Do you know your social security number by heart?
For those that own cats (or dogs if the same holds true)....
What is the one human food your cat will go NUTS for. Like "if you don't gimmie that I will kill you in your sleep. Here... I'll just fish it out of your mouth" kind of nuts.
Mine goes bonkers for cheese but REALLY bonkers for ice cream.
any tips for breaking my awful procrastination habit?
do you hold different friends to different standards? my best friend has a friend that i do not like. and they had a falling out about a year ago, but now they are friends again. things happened between them that would probably have broken up me and my best friend. my best friend's friend also does a lot of drugs, but we're never sure what she's on, if anything. i know if i started doing a lot of drugs like her my friend would kick my ass. but she just lets her other friend do it. she even let her "borrow" $100 that she supposedly needed for rent. she gave it to her knowing she was never going to see that $100 again and that it was going towards drugs. i think i try to hold all my friends to the same standard. i don't act differently around one person from another. then again, i don't have a ton of friends like some people do. if you hold different friends to different standards, why do you do it?
How would I describe the skin tone/colour of someone who is Indian? It's obviously not peaches-and-cream or pale, nor is it dark enough to be called 'dark' or 'chocolate brown'; but I feel funny saying that she has 'tanned' skin because it's not tanned really, is it? I also didn't want to simply say "oh, she's Indian, so you get the picture" because that seems a little crass.
So, any suggestions?
Does it hurt your credit rating if you have a credit card but you never use it?
Would it be better to spend a little bit on it and pay it off every month?
I looked in back entries and couldn't find anything about this, but if it happened sue me.
Do you think Tookie (www.savetookie.org), founder of the Crips gang, now on death row for multiple murders, has published a series of children's books against gang violence, won the Sweedish Nobel Peace Prize, and inspired thousands of other gang members NOT to kill, should die?
December 8th is Gov. Arnold's final decision day.
If you were with a man, loved him, slept with him etc. and he perposed to you, but with a ring that you absolutely detested.
I mean you saw the ring, and threw up because it was so horrible. Wrong color, wrong size, wrong everything.
All that being said.
Would you still marry him?
1. What classes are you currently taking?
2. While working a part-time job, how many classes is the most you feel you're able to or would be able to handle at one time? What about if you're not working?
Ok, it's officially been more than seven business days, and I still haven't received my laptop. Should I contact the seller?