Okay, writing fiction now.
In the US, what time in the evening does it begin to get dark(twilight) in the summer?
Thank you. :D
What is your job?
Did you go to school for it? If so, was school expensive?
How did you decide what you wanted to do?
How much do you make?
Do you like your job?
Is there any way to set an alarm on a computer? My phone got blocked and I can't unblock it...and it's what I usually use for an alarm clock. I have to get up for a test tomorrow and I really need an alarm clock and my computer is the only thing I could think of....so if you have any advice, let me know!
1. If you're a vegetarian, what are some stupid questions people ask you when it comes up?
People usually say something like "so you eat chicken, right?" followed by "how do you do it?!". The latter may not be that stupid of a question I just never have any idea how to answer it.
2. Why are some people convinced that vegetarians eat chicken?
I don't know.
How can I make myself burp?
I ask because I'm having very unpleasant stabby pains in my tummy, chest, and neck... I called my mommy and she said it's most likely just gas stuck under my diaphragm and I need to get it out and will probably feel much better.
Is there a way to get it out without burping? Or if I do just need to burp and get it over with... how do I do that? I don't have anything bubbly around to help, and I don't know any other way to do it.
what radio station do you listen to, and what do they play?
i listen to KFOG and they play world class music, and i also listen to LIVE105 and they play punk/modern rock/alternative music...
If you get a lunch break where you work, do you usually take a lunch or buy one? What do you usually take or buy?
During lunch do you prefer to socialize, or would you rather keep to yourself (eat quietly, read, etc)?
I got this in an email. How does it work? I have varied my chocolate cravings and still get the same (right) answer.
DON'T CHEAT BY SCROLLING DOWN FIRST!
It takes less than a minute .
Work this out as you read ...
Be sure you don't read the bottom until you've worked it out!
This is not one of those waste of time things, it's fun.
1. First of all, pick the number of times a
week that you would like to have chocolate
(more than once but less than 10)
2. Multiply this number by 2
3. Add 5
4. Multiply it by 50 -- I'll wait while you get the calculator
5. If you have already had your birthday this year add 1755 ....
If you haven't, add 1754.
6. Now subtract the four digit year that you were born.
You should have a three digit number
The first digit of this was your original number
(i.e., how many times you want to have chocolate each week).
The next two numbers
YOUR AGE! (Oh YES, it is!!!!!)
THIS IS THE ONLY YEAR (2005) IT WILL EVER WORK, SO SPREAD IT AROUND WHILE IT
How do I delete the website history on my browser? I know how to delete cookies, but I want to delete the history, as well. I've tried highlighting and deleting, I've looked for something saying "Delete History" and have come up empty. Any help would be appreciated!
I'm confused, and I have to do an assignment on this. A long assignment.
So what is this current issue regarding Japan's military being restriced after WWII?
Edit: More like... why, actually.
1) Would you eat another human in order to survive?
2) Would you drink your own urine in order to survive?
3) What's the nastiest, most taboo thing you've eaten/drunk?
I'm doing a project for a Management class and I need a template for a "House of Quality". Does anyone have one they'd be willing to share or know where I can get one for free?? I did a search and came up with a bunch you have to pay for but I've had no luck in coming up with something for free.
Thanks in advance for your help!
So say you were going to give somebody a kiss. As a present. Not physically kiss them. Giving them a kiss as a gift that they can have when you're not there. Anyone have any ideas of how to do that?
ok...so...i went grocery shopping and walked around a mall...i would say i walked for maybe 2.5 hours, i have walked more in my lifetime...this was on saturday...saturday night my knee started to really hurt...and it has been hurting since...now i am wondering, i really want to go to the gym tonight and work out for an hour on the elliptical...does anyone think this is a bad idea?
In my writing class I'm supposed to draw up a proposal on a problem and I was just wondering if any of you have any ideas?
It can be about:
really anything that can have a problem
All that needs to happen is for me to state the problem, why the readers should acknowledge this problem and come up with a possible solution. It can be serious or silly (as hinted from my subject line). I'm just having a difficult time coming up with a problem.
I'm almost halfway tempted to center my paper about having a problem to come up with a problem for the paper. But then, I need sources to back me up and I don't think there's many sites that could work for that ;).
It's 2:00pm and I'm done with classes for the day and have no homework to do. I'm going home early tomorrow afternoon, like between 1 and 2.
I have a few things that need to get done before I leave and I'll have about 3 hours tomorrow to do stuff to.
So what should I do first?? :D
-sleep (I got about 90 min of sleep last night but am surprisingly wide awake. although my tummy/chest are still sick.) and/or just chill out
-clean my bathroom
-clear my stuff out of the fridge
1. i ordered something off ebay for my mom's christmas present. in the listing, the shipping cost was $7.50. i did buy it now and paid immediately through paypal. i received an email from paypal telling me my payment had been refunded, with a note from the seller saying, "sorry for the mix-up, the shipping is $15, please pay the invoice i send you." i still want the thing, but do i have to pay for that? i mean, it's not that much but i don't think it's right that i have to pay extra money because they screwed up their listing. (besides, i'm cheap.) i agreed to pay a certain amount, and that's all i should have to pay, no? how do i deal with this?
2. (the summery of this following paragraph: "help, help, i'm socially inept.") my boyfriend's mom is really super-nice. she's always offering me things to take. often, they are not things that i want or need, but i feel obligated to take them because she's so nice about it. for example, last night we spent some time making a garland-type thing, and it was supposed to be for her hallway. when we were done, she said that i could have it. i didn't want it, because it's not really my style, not the way i decorate. i wanted to say no, but instead gracefully accepted and thanked her. now, i feel obligated to display it because she'll come to visit, and i think she'd be hurt if i didn't have it up. i really don't want the thing, though. how do i tell her, next time, that i don't want something? i don't want to hurt her feelings but she seems really sensitive to things like that. i guess it's simple and i could just tell her no, but...it just seems awkward to me.
In general, is it possible to *retroactively* apply for an associate's degree? I completed 2 and a half semesters of college when I was working toward a bachelor's degree.... and I'm wondering if somehow the credits I took would add up to meet the requirements of an associate's degree automatically. I actually don't know much about this stuff so sorry if this sounds silly.
If you have a lot to memorize, what to you do to memorize it all? Are there any specific tricks you use?
I have a universal remote, RCA brand, that is for tv, dvd, vcr, etc. It's the kind that uses codes for each brand which you input into the remote. It's supposed to remember them and work for different machines. Now there's something wrong with it and it erases the codes by itself, sometimes every five minutes. Do you know what could be wrong with it? Why does it keep not working?
What's the best method of helping to improve your breath after smoking?
I'm looking for a website. You type in a topic & a list of songs about that topic comes up.
Does such a site exist?
What's the most ridiculous thing that you've heard someone say causes Cancer?
Someone told me once that eating out of a tin can causes Cancer (ie: del monte fruit salad, etc). It sounds silly. There's probably a bit of truth behind it all though.
anyone know any famous people on myspace or livejournal, if so please link i'm bored.
I just found out that my university refunded part of my tuition for the semester that I dropped out. It's a few hundred dollars on my account balance as of this semester with no explanation. I hadn't checked that account in years since I wasn't paying for tuition myself, it was all handled by a Pell grant, I figured the money would end up where it belonged. My tuition was always paid in full early in the semester by the Pell grant, and if the Pell grant overpayed the tuition I got a refund check automatically. However, since I dropped out mid-semester like 3 years ago, and only got a retroactive withdrawal approved this year, I suppose that money really doesn't belong to me. I'm waiting to hear from the Bursar's office about it, but I thought I'd ask here if anyone was in a similar situation and knows WHO gets that money? Is it supposed to be paid back to the Pell grant people, or can I claim it?
I have to write a 12 page paper on ANY psychology topic. Any suggestions on a topic that's interesting and 'meaty' enough for 12 pages?
1. have you ever thought someone on livejournal was really unattractive and you couldn't get over how ugly they were?
2. have you ever had a crush on someone on livejournal?
My 12 year old sister wants to get her earlobes pierced.
Where can I take her to?
I know I could take her to Claires but I've read many places that piercing guns are dangerous because it causes blunt trauma and can't be sterilized properly.
How should I tell her to clean it? And how often?
I'm looking for a new browser that isn't IE (goes without saying) or Firefox. What would you suggest to the girl who's in desperate need of tabbed browsing and a bookmark toolbar folder?
(I uninstalled Firefox and now I'm having problems installing it again - it always freezes whenever I get to the last step in installing it.)
anyone know how to lift a frame from a movie trailer?
also-anyone know how how to reduce byte size for a sound wav?
i have a wav of something i recorded off the net and i need it to play under 58 bytes-the right size would be playable on a power point format.
They say you shouldn't drink alot of coffee because its bad for your stomach and you shouldnt drink more than two cups a day yadda yadda yadda.
Is the same true for tea at all? I've been drinking an increasingly large amount of tea latley (4-5 cups a day) because it keeps me warm and perks me up. Do you think this is bad? As bad as that much coffee? Or that much soda?
Its tea from a teabag, if that makes any difference to you.
Has anyone seen those Jones Holiday Sodas?
They come in these weird flavors, like cranberry sauce, herb stuffing, broccoli casserole, smoked salmon paté , turkey & gravy, and corn on the cob.
Do the sodas actually taste like those flavors? Or are they just like colored like them but are really edible (drinkable?) flavors? It's just that I can't see anyone wanting to drink broccoli flavored soda, not to mention the pack of 5 costs 20 bucks.
How does one heat up a store-bought pie? (In particular, a humongous apple pie.)
What is a soul? Do you believe you have one? Do you believe that everyone has one? Why? Why not?
1) Are there any words that'll encompass one person that is...
- prejudiced/dislike towards coloured people, women, and Jewish people?
It's for my roommate who is writing her Shakespeare paper.
I really couldn't think of anything close to it because the women part made it hard...unless you wanted to combine words to make a term like sexist ______.
I think she's considering using "bigot", would it be too vague or is it the word you'd use? *hope no one is SOMEHOW offended by this post since it involves race and whatnot -_-*
This is for you Harry Potter fans.
We don't hear much about the arts, whether it be visual arts, music, dance, etc. in the Harry Potter books, beyond the Weird Sisters. I haven't even seen a mention of artists of any kind other than them.
There also doesn't seem to be a Hogwarts house category that artists would easily fit into. Most other places with such categories would have an "artist" category. Too random and self-focused for Hufflepuff, too drawn into their own world for Gryffindor, too hands-on for Ravenclaw, and too disassociated from power for Slytherin.
Someone had to have painted the paintings in Hogwarts. Someone has to create the fancy dressrobes (Madame Malkin? What house would she be?). But what house would they be?
So as the subject line says: Where are all the artists?
1. I'm filling out an application to become a volunteer at my local SPCA. They ask if you have any special training or skills, does being friendly count as a skill? Would they be like "WTFuck?!" if I listed friendliness as a special skill? What are some things I could put for that one? I really don't want to leave it blank.
2. What are some good places to volunteer(preferably something not depressing)?
I tried Volunteer Match but they didn't really have anything good, a lot of the things required you be a senior, I'm only 18.
What's been the lowest point of your life so far?
How old are you?
When you feel totally hopeless, what normally makes you feel better?
What is your most common typing error?
If I am typing quickly, I screw up my spacing, so I end up typin glik ethi.s