Is there any way to set an alarm on a computer? My phone got blocked and I can't unblock it...and it's what I usually use for an alarm clock. I have to get up for a test tomorrow and I really need an alarm clock and my computer is the only thing I could think of....so if you have any advice, let me know!
1. If you're a vegetarian, what are some stupid questions people ask you when it comes up? People usually say something like "so you eat chicken, right?" followed by "how do you do it?!". The latter may not be that stupid of a question I just never have any idea how to answer it.
2. Why are some people convinced that vegetarians eat chicken? I don't know.
I ask because I'm having very unpleasant stabby pains in my tummy, chest, and neck... I called my mommy and she said it's most likely just gas stuck under my diaphragm and I need to get it out and will probably feel much better.
Is there a way to get it out without burping? Or if I do just need to burp and get it over with... how do I do that? I don't have anything bubbly around to help, and I don't know any other way to do it.
I got this in an email. How does it work? I have varied my chocolate cravings and still get the same (right) answer.
DON'T CHEAT BY SCROLLING DOWN FIRST! It takes less than a minute . Work this out as you read ... Be sure you don't read the bottom until you've worked it out! This is not one of those waste of time things, it's fun.
1. First of all, pick the number of times a week that you would like to have chocolate (more than once but less than 10)
2. Multiply this number by 2
3. Add 5
4. Multiply it by 50 -- I'll wait while you get the calculator
5. If you have already had your birthday this year add 1755 .... If you haven't, add 1754.
6. Now subtract the four digit year that you were born.
You should have a three digit number
The first digit of this was your original number (i.e., how many times you want to have chocolate each week).
The next two numbers are
YOUR AGE! (Oh YES, it is!!!!!)
THIS IS THE ONLY YEAR (2005) IT WILL EVER WORK, SO SPREAD IT AROUND WHILE IT LASTS.
How do I delete the website history on my browser? I know how to delete cookies, but I want to delete the history, as well. I've tried highlighting and deleting, I've looked for something saying "Delete History" and have come up empty. Any help would be appreciated!
as a graduation gift, my godparents gave me a check to use for a new cell phone (since it tends to be a bit difficult to buy someone JUST a cell phone). i'm with verizon and i don't know what cell phone to get. the things i DEFINITELY want is one that somewhat small (doesn't have to be a flip-phone) and it has to have an exterior display (if it IS a flip-phone). a camera would be nice, although not a deal-breaker and it has to be about $200 (or less). i was thinking of going with a motorola (the e815), but i've heard that the motorola software can be kinda sketch. anyone have any advice or suggestions?
I'm doing a project for a Management class and I need a template for a "House of Quality". Does anyone have one they'd be willing to share or know where I can get one for free?? I did a search and came up with a bunch you have to pay for but I've had no luck in coming up with something for free.
ok...so...i went grocery shopping and walked around a mall...i would say i walked for maybe 2.5 hours, i have walked more in my lifetime...this was on saturday...saturday night my knee started to really hurt...and it has been hurting since...now i am wondering, i really want to go to the gym tonight and work out for an hour on the elliptical...does anyone think this is a bad idea?
In my writing class I'm supposed to draw up a proposal on a problem and I was just wondering if any of you have any ideas?
It can be about: traffic political/government forestry work school religion really anything that can have a problem
All that needs to happen is for me to state the problem, why the readers should acknowledge this problem and come up with a possible solution. It can be serious or silly (as hinted from my subject line). I'm just having a difficult time coming up with a problem.
I'm almost halfway tempted to center my paper about having a problem to come up with a problem for the paper. But then, I need sources to back me up and I don't think there's many sites that could work for that ;).
1. i ordered something off ebay for my mom's christmas present. in the listing, the shipping cost was $7.50. i did buy it now and paid immediately through paypal. i received an email from paypal telling me my payment had been refunded, with a note from the seller saying, "sorry for the mix-up, the shipping is $15, please pay the invoice i send you." i still want the thing, but do i have to pay for that? i mean, it's not that much but i don't think it's right that i have to pay extra money because they screwed up their listing. (besides, i'm cheap.) i agreed to pay a certain amount, and that's all i should have to pay, no? how do i deal with this?
2. (the summery of this following paragraph: "help, help, i'm socially inept.") my boyfriend's mom is really super-nice. she's always offering me things to take. often, they are not things that i want or need, but i feel obligated to take them because she's so nice about it. for example, last night we spent some time making a garland-type thing, and it was supposed to be for her hallway. when we were done, she said that i could have it. i didn't want it, because it's not really my style, not the way i decorate. i wanted to say no, but instead gracefully accepted and thanked her. now, i feel obligated to display it because she'll come to visit, and i think she'd be hurt if i didn't have it up. i really don't want the thing, though. how do i tell her, next time, that i don't want something? i don't want to hurt her feelings but she seems really sensitive to things like that. i guess it's simple and i could just tell her no, but...it just seems awkward to me.
In general, is it possible to *retroactively* apply for an associate's degree? I completed 2 and a half semesters of college when I was working toward a bachelor's degree.... and I'm wondering if somehow the credits I took would add up to meet the requirements of an associate's degree automatically. I actually don't know much about this stuff so sorry if this sounds silly.
If you have a lot to memorize, what to you do to memorize it all? Are there any specific tricks you use?
I have a universal remote, RCA brand, that is for tv, dvd, vcr, etc. It's the kind that uses codes for each brand which you input into the remote. It's supposed to remember them and work for different machines. Now there's something wrong with it and it erases the codes by itself, sometimes every five minutes. Do you know what could be wrong with it? Why does it keep not working?
I just found out that my university refunded part of my tuition for the semester that I dropped out. It's a few hundred dollars on my account balance as of this semester with no explanation. I hadn't checked that account in years since I wasn't paying for tuition myself, it was all handled by a Pell grant, I figured the money would end up where it belonged. My tuition was always paid in full early in the semester by the Pell grant, and if the Pell grant overpayed the tuition I got a refund check automatically. However, since I dropped out mid-semester like 3 years ago, and only got a retroactive withdrawal approved this year, I suppose that money really doesn't belong to me. I'm waiting to hear from the Bursar's office about it, but I thought I'd ask here if anyone was in a similar situation and knows WHO gets that money? Is it supposed to be paid back to the Pell grant people, or can I claim it?
What kind of icing do you put on cookies? (the hard, thick kind)
I'm poor.. so I want to make sugar cookies for some friends for the holidays & decorate them with icing. Is there store bought icing that is thick and dries hard? Does anyone have a recipe that is tried and true?
They say you shouldn't drink alot of coffee because its bad for your stomach and you shouldnt drink more than two cups a day yadda yadda yadda.
Is the same true for tea at all? I've been drinking an increasingly large amount of tea latley (4-5 cups a day) because it keeps me warm and perks me up. Do you think this is bad? As bad as that much coffee? Or that much soda?
Its tea from a teabag, if that makes any difference to you.
They come in these weird flavors, like cranberry sauce, herb stuffing, broccoli casserole, smoked salmon paté , turkey & gravy, and corn on the cob.
Do the sodas actually taste like those flavors? Or are they just like colored like them but are really edible (drinkable?) flavors? It's just that I can't see anyone wanting to drink broccoli flavored soda, not to mention the pack of 5 costs 20 bucks.
Hey all! I was hoping that you folks could help me out. I'm getting my haircut in a few days and I really want bangs, but they'd have to be the side swept kind because i have a cowlick that forces my hair to have a side part, which is ok, cause it looks good on me lol. Ok anyways, i really want detailed pictures because the last time i tried to get bangs like these, they made them really long and it was just like a short layer.
Soo i really like the ones Laura Breckenridge has (shes the youngest sister on the wb show Related), but im having a tough time finding a good picture of her hair now. The best one i can find is on her wb page (http://thewb.warnerbros.com/web/show_bio.jsp?id=RL-D-LBreckenridge-Cast%20Bio is the pg) but it doesnt show the bangs well. Soo if anyone can help me out with similar styles, im up for basically any side bangs, thatd be awesome. Thanks guys :-).
EDIT-Oh yea, i meant to ask too, What happened to Road Rules, the MTV show. Is that canceled now or what? They havent had a new season in forever.
1) Are there any words that'll encompass one person that is... - prejudiced/dislike towards coloured people, women, and Jewish people? It's for my roommate who is writing her Shakespeare paper. I really couldn't think of anything close to it because the women part made it hard...unless you wanted to combine words to make a term like sexist ______. I think she's considering using "bigot", would it be too vague or is it the word you'd use? *hope no one is SOMEHOW offended by this post since it involves race and whatnot -_-*
We don't hear much about the arts, whether it be visual arts, music, dance, etc. in the Harry Potter books, beyond the Weird Sisters. I haven't even seen a mention of artists of any kind other than them.
There also doesn't seem to be a Hogwarts house category that artists would easily fit into. Most other places with such categories would have an "artist" category. Too random and self-focused for Hufflepuff, too drawn into their own world for Gryffindor, too hands-on for Ravenclaw, and too disassociated from power for Slytherin.
Someone had to have painted the paintings in Hogwarts. Someone has to create the fancy dressrobes (Madame Malkin? What house would she be?). But what house would they be?
So as the subject line says: Where are all the artists?
1. I'm filling out an application to become a volunteer at my local SPCA. They ask if you have any special training or skills, does being friendly count as a skill? Would they be like "WTFuck?!" if I listed friendliness as a special skill? What are some things I could put for that one? I really don't want to leave it blank.
2. What are some good places to volunteer(preferably something not depressing)? I tried Volunteer Match but they didn't really have anything good, a lot of the things required you be a senior, I'm only 18.