||[Nov. 20th, 2005|12:04 pm]
The Question Club
inspired by the 'how soon to test for paternity' question:|
1. Are there kits that you can buy, get the DNA you want tested, send it in, and they send it back saying sample A is related to samples C and D, sample B is related to sample D, and sample C is related to sample D?
2. How much do they cost?
3. Would they jsut say 'related', or how they're related?
4. What sort of DNA would they use? Like, I could swab my own cheek and probably my brother's too... but my mother would probably be annoyed that I was questioning this much, and my father would be all "ZOMG! U'R IMPLYING MEEN THINGS ABOUT ME AND UR MOM!!!" (what he says if I even bring it up)... and to get his it'd probably be easier to say "hey, you've got a loose hair-::pluck:: oops, I guess it was attached afterall."
5. Is it just me, or does 'Sample" look and sound kindof like a made up word?
Question set B:
1. When you were younger, were you ever sure that you were *not* actually related to the people claiming to be your biological parents?
2.If the possible results are "Both your parents are your parents", "You are the milkman's child"(as my friend puts it- that the dna from your mother matches but not your father), or "You were adopted and/or switched at the hospital"- What would you rather get and why?