What is the scariest movie you've ever seen? One so scary you have to sleep with the lights on, and check your backseat before you get in the car.
Are pillows good/bad/neither for your back or neck?
Do you have friends- or a friend that you can't stand? If so, describe the friend, and describe the trait that annoys the hell out of you.
I have a question about my pierced ears, and it's kind of icky... so you've been warned.
My ears are pierced and they've always been really sensitive. For the past couple of years I haven't even been able to wear the nickel free earrings I'd been wearing for more than a day anymore so generally I don't wear earrings at all. Every now and then I'll feel my earlobe and it's like I can feel a thick tube where the piercing is, and when I squeeze it it's filled with (what I assume to be) pus. I get it out and I've tried dipping earrings in alcohol and then putting them in the holes to clean them but this still happens!
Does anyone have any idea what I can do to stop this? Letting the holes close up really isn't an option, when I was a kid I went two years without wearing earrings and they didn't close up. I wish they would because my aunt had sensitive ears, let her holes close and when she got her ears pierced again they were fine.
I have a desperate need to attach a car-alarm type thing (motion sensitive) to my Halloween pumpkin on my front porch. Preferably I could customize the alarm to say "back away from the pumpkin". :D
Anyone have any bright ideas how to do this?
It sounds like there's a possibility Karl Rove might be indicted in the next week.
This leads to the question...When Bush's brain is gone, will the body collapse in on itself?
1. Have you ever kicked a guy in the nuts? If yes, why?
2. If you could rig the next big election so that your candidate of choice came out on top, would you?
3. Have you ever given or received a ride from a stranger? (Car ride, you pervs! ;])
4. In a criminal justice system, it would be preferable to: a. convict an innocent person or b. let a guilty person go free
5. Do you follow a specific "diet" every day? Like counting calories, or making sure you eat x amount of fruit/veggies, x amount of this, x amount of that? Or is it more relaxed (you eat the way you normally do, may avoid certain things and make sure to have certain things but you don't really keep track all day)?
6. What kind of leader do you think is the most effective? Do you think it's possible to be a good *quiet* leader? Do you think a leader should keep asking team members for input and whether they're doing certain things okay, or is that too "wishy washy"?
Turns out I DID register with this (and immediately decided not to use it but didn't realise it would still use me) and I failed to read the fine print that asked me to include the international code when inputting my number to sign in. I have now deleted my account, hopefully that's the end of that. Phew.
[Someone has put me on their list of contacts on this website: www.sms.ac
As a result, I keep getting messages that say "such&such is inviting you to be her friend".
I just ignored them, until I realised they appear to be using up my credit (when I have no credit on my phone, I get messages that say "a service you required could not be delivered due to lack of credit" at the same frequency as the "invitations").
I thought I might have accidentally registered but when I tried to log in they had no record of my phone number.
Surely this is illegal. I have asked the person whose name keeps coming up to take me off her list, but I don't know whether that'll do the trick and there are no contact details on the website.
Anyone had any experience with this?]
Where'd everyone get their icons?
*shrug* I like icons, and just think they're interesting, so post your fave and where you got it.
1. Do you feel like you're underappreciated at work? If so, have you ever done anything to try to point out to your manager that you're worth more than the recognition that you get?
2. How did you find TQC? Was it for fun, were you looking for an answer to something, did you find it via someone else's journal....etc.
3. Do you like or hate your neighbor? Why?
Ok guys, I need help figuring out what my grade is. I pasted this out of an email he sent me. What does my teacher mean by this?
You and your sister's grades are in. I think they came out O.K. and you only need to shore up one side of my famous "One Legged A's" that I give out.
1. i keep seeing a commercial on vh1 for some 80s trivia game that comes with a dvd. in the commercial, there is a song/video clip from some hair band. as much as i am familiar with hair metal, i don't recognize this song. do you know it?
2. what's your favourite kind of barbecue sauce?
3. and your favourite monty python film?
4. what do you hate most about other people? about yourself?
5. if i were able to move to anywhere in the world, where would be the best place to go? why?
6. which kind of light bulb do you prefer?
Ok. Presents from my parents are always from "mom and dad" never just from my mom or just from my dad. Same goes for the presents from my sister. They are always from her and her partner.
Now my boyfriend and I have been going out for a little over a year now and he has announced that he would like to do xmas cards together as a couple from the both of us.
would it be acceptable to address all our gifts to my family from the both of us this year instead of having separate gifts from each of us?
Should I just give in and use my credit card to buy me clothes? I only have one pair of pants that fit me. My torture for using my card is that I have to walk to the mall with my 6 month old son.
**EDIT** I didn't do it. I would have felt guilty and regretted it if I did. I will just wait until next paycheck.
Does it annoy you when people ask you to donate for whatever charity they're raising money for? Is there a specific way they can handle it to either annoy you less or to have a better chance to get you donate? What kind of items with the charity logo/name would you rather buy? A teddy bear? Candle? Jewelry? Ribbon pin? Cards?
Can anyone tell me how to create a scroll box with html?
What is the worst thing anyone could ever do to you, something that would mess you up for the rest of your life...but not involving the death of anyone.
Er...ever post a question to the wrong community or journal?
1. Are you a good listener? What makes someone a good listener?
2. Are you good at giving advice? What makes a person good at giving advice?
I feel like I have neither of these qualities and it really bothers me when my friends confide in me and all I can do is nod and say, "Yeah." a lot. I wish I could somehow become a better listener and know the right things to say. :(
Can anyone tell me how to pronounce the Indian girls' name Jyotsna?
"Classical String Instruments" being cello, violin, viola, etc.
I know of (and love) Cursive and Electric Light Orchestra, of course. Any other bands I should check out? Lest, I'm not being clear enough.. again, I mean as part of the band lineup. So I don't mean suggesting individual songs like "Hello, Goodbye" by The Beatles (Which I love, of course) or something.
Thank you as always for any help. :)
By the way, can someone point me in the direction of a good/great community to join if I'm looking for music related suggestions so I don't have to bother you guys so much about these sort of things? ;)
If anyone is familiar with the Greek word "Phronesis" meaning "practicial wisdom"...where online can I find what it looks like in actual Greek letters?
Walmart or Target?
I've never been to either and now that I have my license, I want to go to one to see if I can find any goodies for my Halloween costume.
Are there mini shelves I can stick to the wall to hold my computer speakers? like, adhesive?
If so where can I get them?
Can someone tell me the episode and series number of The Office episode where David Brent does the dance? I have both series of it, but can't seem to find the right episode...
does anyone have weird reactions to OTC cold medicines?
it seems like it doesnt matter what brand i buy, and even children's strength medications.....i always feel extremely groggy and out of it. its so bad that i had to miss work today, and i took the medication yesterday afternoon at 4pm.
antihistamines and decongestants are the worst. i cant take them either for the way they make my heart race.
anyone else experience this or know why it might happen?
My mum is studying German, and likes reading german books in her spare time. Last year for Christmas I ordered her a couple of german translations of Terry Pratchett books.
I was thinking of doing the same this year, but it might be nice to get something by a german author instead. Does anyone have any recommendations? (Either for authors or specific titles) It doesn't have to be a fantasy book, but I'd like to get something relatively light hearted.
1. I have a friend who is usually online pretty much daily but hasn't been for the past few days. I'm assuming they're busy with work (they work at home) but they've told me several times before that working constantly depresses them and I was thinking maybe a phone call would cheer them up. However, I'd rather not call and have one of their parents answer the phone because I'm weird and wouldn't know what to say. I doubt they've been told about me anyway. Plus I was never given their phone number, it's on my caller ID since I was called about a week ago. (Dunno if that makes any difference .. ) SO - the question is - if you were me, would you call?
2. For those of you who have an Invisalign retainer, how do you go about cleaning it? I can't recall what the orthodontist told me to do and my current method of cleaning it doesn't go over too well.
I'm not even sure if this post is against the rules or not, please delete if it is...
How would I go about running the "chkdsk utility" on my computer? I'm running Windows XP, and a little bubble keeps popping up telling me I have a corrupted file and that I should run that utility...except I don't know how :(
Is it safe to vacuum a VCR? My room collects a lot of dust, and so along with wiping the top of it could I also vacuum it to make sure it's really clean? Or would that hurt it? The VCR is fairly new if that means anything.
How do you guys get rid of bags under your eyes?? I finally seem to be getting rid of the dark circles, but still the bags. Do I just need more sleep?
Edit: any advice about the dark circles is also appreciated!
1. Does there exist any popular fiction books with a plot concerning UFOs and government and airforce interception/coverups? Preferably if the nature of the UFO is not revealed, or at least not to be just some boring old aircraft. If such a book exists I want to read it. :)
2. If I wanted to research methods of "waking up" the right side of my brain, what sort of things should I look for (via Google, etc)?
1. Am I the only one who is bothered by/can't say the word "chink"?
Today we were taking turns reading The Rape Of Nanking in my Human Conscience class. It was the last word in the section that I was reading, and I figured no one would notice if I just stopped before it since I read super fast anyway. They did notice though, so I said "I'm not saying that." It seemed like a lot of people thought that it was weird that I wouldn't say it, except for the girl that thought it was cute. Either way I can't believe I'm the only one that won't say it.
2. How old were you the first time you voted?
I'm going to miss being able to vote for governor this year by a few hours =[
I just got a flat screen monitor, and its about 2 inches smaller than my old "regular" (CRT?) one.
I used to have the resolution fairly small (I can't remember now, what it was) and had a pretty broad spectrum of options, but the new monitor gives me the options of 800 X 600 or 1024 X 768 pixels.
Is there anyway to mess around with the settings to get the resolution smaller?
How do you get motivated in the morning? I started a job a few weeks ago and I have to be up at 6am and to work by 7am. The sun isn't up yet, so it's REALLY hard for me to get going when I wake up at 6. I usually end up being a few minutes late. Luckily it's not a big deal to them, but I'd like to start getting there a few minutes early.
Winter is coming and that means dryer, itchier skin YAY!(not). What do you think is the best way to keep from getting dry/itchy skin? My legs itch so much that I have little cuts all over them :-( My face is also dry and itchy. Can anyone recommend a fash wash also that won't dry my skin out?
Does it bother you when someone doesn't put something in the subject line?
- It bothers me a little because when I want to look in the Archives for something, I have to click on the (no subject line) to find the post I was looking for. That made no sense. . Sorry.
I'm on my feet a good bit at my new job (Gap), and like to be pretty dressy for it. So I'm looking for a preferably heeled black dressy/casual shoe, leather if possible, under $100, and extremely comfortable to be standing in for long periods of time. I also have a high arch, so flats don't do it for me as much, but I will look into them as well. I just like heels. Any ideas?
I apologize for adding a second question so soon.
I'm moving out of my parents' house come December to VA, and I'm renting a small apartment, possibly with a roomate.
What kind of stuff did you forget when you moved out? (Me, I'd probably forget my toothbrush.)
Any stuff that is necessary for survival I might not think about? (So far I have Bisquick, chicken broth, Ramen noodle, tortillas and clam chowder on the list for must have comfort foods.)
Say you had a kid who was, I dunno, about 8. He really really wanted to get involved in a long-term activity like Karate (or gymnastics, ballet, whatever, it doesn't matter...). After weighing the options for a while and seeing him convince you that he really wants to do it, you sign him up and sign the two-year contract. A month later he decides he hates it. He hates everything about it. He hates the people, he hates the hours, he hates the stances... But you're still paying monthly for the next two years (in which the only "outs" are permanent physical injury, moving 25 hours away, or death). Do you MAKE him go for the next two years, or let him quit and just keep paying for it anyway?
Say you are 24. You decide you really want to take Karate. After weighing the options, you feel confident about signing the two year contract, confident you will stick with it and enjoy it. A month later, you decide you hate going. You hate everything about it. You hate the people, you hate the hours, you hate the stances... Do you keep going for the next two years, or quit and just keep paying for it anyway?
Why to both?