Do you have any tips on converting a Real Player Presentation into an mp3?
Is it even possible at all?
Hey thanks very much in advance! ;)
Did a little more research into converters and such. Seems I have downloaded a link that accesses the presentation from the website - and was recommended a program like "flashget" before converting the file to mp3.
Do people ever outgrow their childhood insecurities?
What were your childhood insecurities?
Have you outgrown them? How?
It is 3:17 in the morning. I have a paper yet to write, and I have to be up at 6:00. If I sleep once I get the paper done, I'll never get up on time; thus, I need to stay very much awake.
I have half a Cherry Coke in the fridge, and the coffee shop opens at seven (though it will have to be a quick run because I'm clocking in at seven. I know my supervisor won't mind if I go, so long as I ask her first, as the coffee shop is all of a one minute walk from work). I just hate relying on caffeine to keep me awake.
Is there any non-caffeinated way to stay alert enough for everything I have to do today (I am literally booked until roughly midnite, which is when the homework starts again)?
why is my computer shutting down at random times? i don't mean "windows is shutting down....", i mean POOF black screen
No matter what I try, my tea always tastes like Play-Doh, or failing that, slightly flavored hot water. The two flavors I've got are Vanilla Caramel and just plain Green Tea.
Here's my technique; please tell me what I'm doing wrong: Boil water. Put tea bag in empty thermus. Pour boiling water over tea bag. Put lid back on thermus. Wait four minutes. Remove lid and tea bag. The next step is either to drink it (and be disappointed) or add in a little vanilla soy milk and sweetener, as per the box suggestion. Either way, it's awful. Am I supposed to leave the tea bag in there while I drink? What is the secret to making tea?
Is it neccesary to signal when you are turning onto a one way street?
Do you work a night shift? Where and do you enjoy it?
Can neutered animals still get erections? (This arose from a debate with my friend.)
Do you want kids?
So, I went to the movies last night and watched "Stay."
What is this movie about????!
I'm going to be about an hour and a half late to school today, what are some good excuses I could use?
I'm rarely late, but when I am I usually go with the truth and they never excuse it. The truth definitely wouldn't be excused this time. Last time I was late I lied and told them my dog threw up, and it was excused. I'm planning to tell them I got a new alarm clock and had troubles with it, which really did happen a few days ago but I managed to be on time.
Do people frequently mispronounce your name? What is your name? How do they usually say it?
Is it really that hard to pronounce?
My sister is going to New York. What should I ask her to bring back for me?
What's the best MP3 player out right now?
Over the past few months I've been to a couple one-shot cabaret-type shows (a burlesque show and a Dresden Dolls concert). Are there any real cabarets still operating on a regular basis? Not strip clubs calling themselves such, but the real thing? (Although any good cabaret should have a striptease.)
I'm getting some serious pains in my left wrist. Is this carpal tunnel? Is there anything else it could be? Where do I get the wrist guard-type things? Do they really help?
Sorry if I sound like an idiot...I have no idea about this stuff, as you can tell.
Have you ever tried past life regression?
If so, how was it?
What is the funniest thing you've seen lately?
This morning a little before six (well before daylight) I looked out my window and saw a light on in the boys dorm next door. It was, apparently, a room with a sink as a guy was standing there stark naked washing a plate (if he wasn't naked he was shirtless with some terribly tight khaki pants on, which would be equally disturbing/laughable).
I seriously almost lost my mind laughing.
1) at what point is a woman too old to wear glitter? I'm 24 and just re-discovered it (i used to wear it all of the time in high school). so do i just look like an idiot wearing it now?
2)i have this thing/sore in my mouth. i used to get them all the time when i had braces. it's small and like a hole on the inside of my lip in my mouth. is this a canker sore? what exactly is a canker sore? and what causes them?
3) i'm going to see Gogol Bordello on Sun. night. for those of you who have been to one of their shows, what should i expect?
What website do you get your email from?
Do you like their services?
Any more details that you'd like to divulge?
My mouse cursor is moving on its own! It keeps moving to the upper left corner all by itself. It kept getting worse today, now it moves so fast I can't click anything. Even when I unplug the mouse, the cursor still moves by itself. What is causing this? What do I do about it? It's really hard to navigate my Windows and my browser with just the keyboard.
EDIT: I cleaned the touchpad with a compressed air spray can and the problem's gone! Thanks guys!
Since we are obviously the community that truly rules all of LJ, I want to get your collective feedback on something: I think it would be really awesome to have some sort of awards for LJ users, which would be based on nominations and polls. Stuff like funniest username, best animated icon, etc.
Is this a totally lame idea? Yes? No?
And if no, what are some other possible categories? And how would I go about promoting it without annoying the crap out of other communities?
Is it trashy to request a carton of cigarettes and a bottle of Maker's Mark for my 25th birthday present? I really can't think of anything else I want or need.
Do you think that a woman should take a man's last name when they get married, keep her own or hyphenate the last names? What is your opinion on the options you didn't choose?
For the ladies:If you are married, or for when/if you get married, what do you plan on doing?
For the gentlemen: If you are married or for when/if you are getting married, what would you want your SO to do?
For any members planning on marrying someone of the same sex: Do you plan on each keeping your last names? If not, have you discussed whose last name you will stick with, and if so how was the decision made?
Edited to fix my (lack of)HTML so that I don't break the internets today.
Can you scuba dive if you have to wear earplugs? I have inner ear issues which mean I'm probably going to have to have permanet holes placed in my eardrums (for ventilation) - but I have always, always wanted to do scuba diving, and if this surgery means I can't, I would consider looking at other options before doing that. (It's not a delbilitating issue I have to get fixed - just chronic pressure, mild hearing loss, etc, all stuff I can (and do) live with.)
What happens to your eardrums when you get down into high-pressure depths, anyways? Do people just equalize the pressure by swalllowing like you would on a plane?
how would you say you made something French? like a last name. Is it francified or frankified or something else completely different? basically I want a word like "anglicised" but the dictionary disagrees with my earlier choices (listed above).
Is it ever appropriate to tell someone whose classmate died gruesomely two days prior to "get over it"?
I'm currently a sophomore at Beloit College. I've probably mentioned in this very community a few times that I like my college, but I was lying. I've tried to like it. I've tried to tell myself, and others, that I love it, but I don't. I took my high school counselor's advice and gave it a chance my freshman year, and I even tried to give this semester a good chance, but no. It's over. Beloit College is an excellent school, especially academically, but I'm not happy here. At all. I fell in love with it and it was my first choice school, but the love affair ended my first week here. I need to leave. I need a school that's larger and in a more urban setting. I'd really like to get out of here! So that's my sob story and now I have a few questions:
1. Has anyone here transfered after two years of college? Was it difficult?
2. Does anyone here currently attend, or attended at some time, George Mason University? What do you think of it? (It's the school I'm most seriously considering.)
3. Do you have any school's that you'd suggest I look at? I'm doing the whole collegeboard.com and princetonreview.com thing right now, but does anyone have any personal suggestions?
I just realized i have a fish tank. Its not too big, and its meant for one fish. So im thinking of getting a fish? Or would a newt or crab etc etc be happy in a smaller tank?
If not, what kind of fish would be best?
If there was no possibility of you giving your wife/partner children, would you permit her to go out and have a "one night stand" in the hopes of her getting pregnant?
Would you agree to this?
1. What would you think of somebody who said "I don't listen to music."
2. What would you think of somebody who said "I don't read books."
3. If you have Tivo/DVR, do you pause everytime you leave the room? Or does it depend on what you're watching and how long you'll be out for?
4. How many of you have kids? TQC's childfree members are always so much more expressive about it than those who are parents. Why do you think that is? How many do you have an how old? [Edit: I don't mean childfree in the "I just haven't had kids yet" sense, I mean the people who are expressively anti-kids]
5. Approximately how many minutes do you take in the shower when you're: (a) getting ready for work/school; (b) getting ready to go out with friends; (c) not getting ready to go anywhere, but just feel like showering?
6. Approximately how much time do you give yourself between waking up and getting out the door for work/school?
If you're non-Canadian...
1-What's your impression of Canada?
2-What's your impression of Quebec?
3-What's your impression of Montreal?
I'm in the market for a new computer. I'd like it to be a notebook computer. What is the best brand to buy for the money? I don't really want to spend more than $1500 and it can't be a Mac. I was looking into Hewlett Packard. If you have one, what is your experience with it?
Whenever I talk about sex with my boyfriend, he says he amazing at starting it, but terrible at finishing.
I'm not even sure what he's talking about. ?! hard to come?
Hi, I'm new :)
Well anyway, I want to know what is the reccomended amount of icecream per day if you eat icecream every day, and how much is unhealthy to eat every day or every second day? If you don't know, can you just estimate? Thanks ♥
What do you give to a couple getting married, and it's a second/third marriage and you're pretty sure this one isn't going to last either? I'm thinking just a card.
1. While looking at upcoming Hitchcock movies on TCM, I remembered one movie that I've always wanted to see but can never remember the name. There is a scene where there are two men struggling, and then a woman stabs one of them in the neck area. She then goes on to hit him in the kneecaps with a shovel. Finally, the man and woman put the injured man in the gas oven and kill him. Does anyone know the name of the movie?
2. Speaking of Hitchcock movies, what is your favorite movie of his?
3. Or what is your favorite scary movie?
I just bought two jugs of Nutella. What can I spread it on? So far I've tried it with Oreos and Chex cereal.
Don't you hate it when you ask a perfectly legitimate question here and someone has to be a total smart ass/dumb ass about their response??
1. What is the significance of Hamlet saying "Words, words, words" when Polonius asks him "What do you read, my lord?"
This isn't a homework question. I've read the play several times but that particular line never struck me as being anything of consequence. Lately I've been seeing it quoted everywhere, and now I feel like an idiot for not getting it.
2. If my landlady says it's okay, I'm going to try to sublet my apartment. Any advice that would help me get the hell out of here (there's nothing wrong with the apartment, but I hate the city I moved to and want to go back home)?
What sort of halloween costume would work for a snake? (Note: I'm not actually going to dress up a real snake, it's a little talking animal pet on Gaia Online.)
The only things I've been able to come up with are 'caterpillar' and 'line of toothpaste', both of which are kind of stupid.
And while we're at it, what costume can I do for a miniature reindeer who thinks he's a mad scientist? All I can think of are characters from video games and I'm trying to stay away from the whole cosplay thing.
...Eheh... I ask some weird shit sometimes.
What's the weirdest question you've ever asked, on here or on another question/advice comm?
what's a good poem or short story contest to enter?
preferably free of charge to enter?
1. Had anyone heard about deliberately changing the timing of a menstrual period?
2. Have you ever been to the beach on your own? How did you handle preserving your wallet?
why does it feel like my heart has been broken?
1. have you taken the ap comparative government test before? do you think I could do well on it without taking the class if I read the text book the class reads in my school and buy those ap guide books?
2. how much of economics is math related? what level?
What do you guys eat when you're broke and you have nearly no food?
Myself, I like saltines, hard boiled eggs, and tortilla chips dipped in honey mustard.
EDIT: I just read this over and thought it sounded like I dip saltines and eggs in mustard. Nope. Just the tortilla chips.
Okay, this is might sound a little weired, but I experienced a severe pain under my left breast. It lasted for about fifteen minutes before gradually subsiding. I didn't have any shortness of breath or any other syptoms, other than I've been very tired lately and I've been feeling slightly dizzy now and again, but I don't know that this has anything to do with the other (I also have had a nasty cold/cough for the past week; any kind of cold medication makes me feel dizzy or light-headed). I'm also much thirstier than I normally am, but again, with my cold medicine, I don't know the two are related.
I'm a college freshman, so being tired and stressed is normal. I feel like I'm too young for this to be a heart problem, and I'm pretty sure the pain is not where my heart is located anyway. I have recently started taking estrogen pills to regulate hormones and I just started taking B Complex Vitamins because I've been feeling a bit down lately, but like I said, I'm a college freshman, so the blues are pretty normal. I don't drink/smoke and I walk regularly(large college campus). There is no history of heart problems in my family, just about everything else, but no heart problems.
I hate going to the doctor, especially if this is probably just nothing, but I've never felt a pain like this before. I tend to worry obessively over small things, and blow them up into huge problems, so I just wondering if anybody might know whether this is pretty much nothing like I think it is or whether I should call my doctor and discuss it with her. I mean, if its just heart burn or something like that that I've never experienced before, I would be really embarrassed going to the doctor just to find that out.
1. So, a few weeks ago I offered to start helping out with groceries and we all decided putting money in an envelope attached to the list would be the best idea so we wouldn't have to actually mention it or feel bad if we don't have the money or whatever.. Anyway, so the first week I put a 20 into the envelope. The second week I went to put in a 20 and saw another one already in there. I figured my sister put it in. The third week, I was going to put in a 20 but I saw $40 in there already! I knew my sister didn't put 40 (apparently she didn't put anything the previous two weeks either) so I wrote on top of the list "don't forget to check the money envelope!" This week... the $40 was still in there!
What would you do? Take the money out and keep it? Take the money out and hand it to them telling them that you don't want them to forget it? Leave it in the envelope to rot?
2. Do you floss? If not, why not? If you do, does it annoy you when people make excuses for not flossing? I want to smack people who say "I don't floss because it makes my gums bleed." GOD. I almost expect them to say "I don't put gas in my car because it's just going to go empty again anyway" But if someone just says "I'm lazy and forgetful" then that I can actually understand.. I'm too lazy or forgetful to do important things too.
3. If someone (namely your parents but I guess anybody) tells you that they are proud of you for doing something insignificant, does it make you feel good or bad? My mom always tells me that she is proud of me for the littlest things and it makes me feel crappy like she has such low expectations of me that everyday mundane things would be notable.
4. If you were redo the carpet (or other flooring) in your house, would you get something cheap expecting to replace it in less than five years or would you get something expensive hoping for it to last 20 years? If you've never redone the flooring in your house, which situation do you think would most fit your personality?
So this is my first year, and I'm going to a community college, and plan to probably major in American history.
I'm taking two history courses, 111 & 112 (birth of the nation-Civil War, and post Civil War-modern times). Both areas I'm very interested in, so it isn't the subject matter that bothers me.
History 111 bores me to tears. Seriously. The professor keeps rambling about the constitution, and I should be on the edge of my seat, but I'm falling asleep in class. And I'm not even tired. I'm sorry, but placing a "Professor" before your surname does not make you a teacher. And writing an outline on the chalkboard, and then skimming over the subjects in the outline does not make it a lecture. That's literally what he does. I hardly have any information to write down for notes, and I'm one of those people who normally takes notes on everything.
On the other hand, I adore History 112. I want to *be* Professor R. He's one of those people I could easily sit down with and talk with for hours about politics and government. He is in every sense of the word, a great teacher. When I leave this school, I'm gonna miss him and his class dearly.
Anyhow, our weekly quizzes in History 111 have been composed of multi-choice concerning dates and a few people, and I do alright on those, but I have an essay on an article in our book due thie week. I have no motivation whatsoever to do it, although I'd normally be excited about the subject (the 2nd Amendment). But this class just doesn't make me interested at all. I feel like I'm not learning anything, and just regurgitating facts he's told us. I'm not the only one that feels this way, btw.
So my problem is this: it's halfway through the semester. The essay is instead of our midterm, and I'm guessing I have an okay grade in his class right now (between a B and a C). But like I said, I have no motivation to do anything in this class.
Should I drop the class (obviously it's too late to be refunded)? It's a 3 credit class, and dropping it will leave me with nine credits after this semester. The other history class I am excelling at, even though I have literally been required to write an essay after every other class. Should I speak to a guidence counselor about this? And as I said, I hope to major in history when I transfer to a four year university, and so I suppose I will need to retake the class. Will dropping out of this affect the transfer? Or wouldit be worse to slack off completely and fail the class?
Sorry for the length.