I'm sorry, this is a very lame question, but I'm going to ask it anyway.
How do I post a link to a livejournal community?
And how do I post a link to a livejournal community by clicking on a picture?
Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks guys and dolls.
you, this site. what do you think?
Someone sent me the link, i laughed my ass off- then i saw that they had raised 3000 dollars the first three days... then i thought of donating boobs.
Would you donate a picture of your boobs? or maybe for a different charitable cause? like what?
Are there any kinds of kissing games that can be played in which one party is blindfolded? The only ones I'm familiar with are spin the bottle, seven minutes in heaven, and kiss tag. And I ask because, well, I'm doing prelimenary research for NaNoWriMo, and I want one of my characters to kiss someone--but he won't know that she kissed him. And I'm one of those stunted people who's never been kissed and didn't go to many parties, so...
In three sentances or less, how would you describe this last week?
What do you do when you cant sleep?
1. I'm moving in two weeks. I really really need some books for school, that aren't available in-store anywhere so I have to order them online. Chapters-Indigo says that the books will ship in 24 hours. I've gotten books in less than a week from them before. Should I order them, or wait until after the move? Keep in mind that I don't have any crossover time between the addresses.
2. Is Ritalin available as a prescription to adults from regular doctors (that is, from any doctor you see rather than specifically a psychiatrist or psychologist)? I'm in Ontario, Canada, if it may matter.
3. How many languages can you count to ten in? I can do twelve (English, Latvian, Lithuanian, Estonian, Finnish, Russian, German, Spanish, Italian, French, Basque and Kyrgyz, if anyone's curious, I'm currently reviving my interest in it, and working on learning at least two a day. I used to be able to do eighteen).
Do you ever feel like your just constantly being judged?
I just realized that people are actually awake out there in this community.
Any of you want to chat with me on aim for a bit?
Okay, I've just got one question... What the HELL is with all the various things biting syringes and eyes being all red and glowey?! Months ago I saw it in one icon, but now it seems like every other icon in this community has it, even the Bacos. Someone please explain the reference.
Were the original names in the olden-times written bible actually Adam and Eve? They just seem like such plain, white people names that it sounds off to think that they were written that way by people in the middle east a bagillion years ago. Answered! Thanks.
--(for the record, I know nothing of religion in any way, shape or form; which brings me to my next question:)
2. Can anyone recommend books that would give me a rundown of western (Well, like Christiantiy and Catholicism-type religon; maybe even Morman or Lutheran or... whatever other semi-related religions one could cram into a book) religon from a neutral how-they-evoled standpoint? I'm not talking books written explaining the stories or carrying on the stories specifically to bring people into believing in that religion. I want more scholarly books that will talk about, say, how Jesus came to be called Jesus as opposed to ... whatever complicated name he originally had. I'm looking for books written by a neutral party that doesn't necessarily believe the lore, but wants to explore how it came to be the way it is now.
3. If you've read Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers and you loved it like I did, can you recommend books similar to it? Even books related just in that they're about forensics; I read a Reader's Digest book called (I think) Bodies of Evidence and I've been fascinated by the subject ever since. I can't seem to find any books to read, however.
is there anything that surprises you every time it happens even though you know it?
Every time there's a pheasant in the road, and it decides to fly off instead of running (or getting run over), I always say "oh wow those can FLY?"
Why is that whenever i'm at my parents' house, i wake up feeling really gross and vomity the first morning I'm there? only the first morning, not the second....
What type of lingerie do you think is the sexiest? (I really need a guy's opinion, but the question is open to everyone.) Pictures would be nice too, thanks!! :)
Inspired by an essay prompt that I have to answer:
If you could only bring 3 things to teach someone else about your culture, what would you bring?
Webster's defines culture as "the customary beliefs, social forms, and material traits of a racial, religious, or social group," in case you were wondering.
Why are you guys so overly sensitive?
1. Have you ever made roadkill? How did you react?
2. If you have a plate of food, do you eat your favorite part first or last, or alternate eating small bits of everything?
How do i act around someone who has just lost her father?
My birthday is in about three weeks. What on earth do I want? Mom wants to know. Relatively inexpensive (under $100).
I'm turning 20
I commute back and forth to college
I'm a musician (piano) and I'm trying to learn guitar
I'm having surgery in December and will be pretty much immobile for a month and a half afterwards (anything on the lines of "this makes life on crutches easier" is great)
And what do you want for your birthday?
If your name is Katrina, or you know someone named Katrina, are you at all affected by the hurricane with the same name as you/someone you know?
I knew a Katrina in grade school and every time I hear about the hurricane, I think of her and wonder if she feels anything at all, sharing a name with the hurricane that caused so much trouble. I mean, if the hurricane had my name, I'd be weirded out.
guys, i stole my icon. where is it from? like the cartoon itself?
I'm sixteen and I don't have my permit yet. I was just told that if I don't get my license by November, I'll have to wait until I'm eighteen. Is this a horrible horrible rumor?
I live in California.
1. Do you ever get so infuriated that the only possible release seems to be raging at/about whatever is angering you? If you don't, is there something you do to consciously prevent it?
2. What gets you that angry?
3. What do you do about it?
1. Is there some etiquette to expect your LiveJournal friends to follow? In particular, is it reasonable to expect people to comment if they know that you write to entertain them?
2. If you dye your hair, what colour do you choose, why, and what's your natural colour? (Me: auburn, it's pretty and striking and practical, boring brown.)
I'm pretty sure that I saw it in the comments of a question here earlier today, and now I can't find it.
Someone posted a link to a website to download this thing to 'unfold' all of the comments at once.
I kept the page up to show my husband, who promptly closed it and then wanted me to recite it from memory. I just went looking for it here, but couldn't find it.
Who hasn't ever been to the beach and where do you live?
Have you ever been to Busch Gardens in Williamsburg, VA?
What's your favorite ride?
I am going there tomorrow so, I was curious!
"You can't have your cake and eat it too"
Can someone explain this to me? What's the point of having cake if you're not allowed to eat it??
thanks everyone, it makes much more sense now :)
What do you think about makeup in the work place? More specifically, do you think it should be required of women? If a woman doesn't wear it, is it a violation of a dress-code policy? Do you think it should be legal to write in a dress code policy that makeup is required?
I used to work at dayspas where it WAS required and they would give you a "talking to" if you DIDN'T wear makeup. I understand this because it's the beauty industry and practice what you preach, blah blah. I often "broke the dress code" though by not wearing makeup - I don't like being OBLIGATED to wear it.
I have heard of other places requiring their workers to wear makeup, though, when they're NOT working in the beauty industry(or some other relevent field). I understand that you should look tidy and clean and brush your teeth, but requiring women to wear makeup seems a bit much to me. Thoughts?
What is a good website for purchasing used/cheap textbooks?
I was thinking today...I have been dating my boyfriend for about a year and a half. He has not once bought me a "gift"; other than for christmas, my birthday, and on our one year annivesary. I have bought him hats, shoes, movies, and some other things. He will pay for dinner and movies and that such but so do I, we always take turns. Is this normal. It doesn't bother me and I do not expect things from him but does/did your boyfriend/girlfriend buy you things randomly?
If I am quoting a thought posted on LJ (or any other forum online) in a written essay, how do I go about quoting the source correctly?
Where can I find information about anorexia? Like the characteristics, etc.
I'm a Barnes & Noble member, I get the whole discount thing at the counter when I show my little green card. But I can't figure out how to do it if I order something off of bn.com. Anybody know?
Where can I find good funny/naughty free e-cards? Specifically birthday, and with a 'bad girl' theme.
I have to write an essay on a short story for English and it's narrated by a woman who's sleeping with a married man. She refers to his wedding ring several times in the story at such points as when they're having dinner at a restaurant, having sex, etc. In the having sex part she refers to it as, "The coldness of it brushing against her skin", and when he gets up to answer his cell phone he pleasures her with the hand that doesn't have the wedding ring on it and she takes note of that.
I'm bad at figuring out what an object symbolizes in a story, so my question is what do you think the wedding ring stands for in her eyes?
Are you doing NaNoWriMo this year? Have you planned out your plot at all?
I've done very little and I'll probably start freaking by the middle of October. Aasfjastr.
Do you know of any cool websites to buy funky, weird/fun earrings, the kind sold at Claire's?
PS: My sister downloaded Limewire to my computer and is trying to download a movie, Life Less Ordinary. It's been several hours and the dumb thing is STILL "awaiting sources". Gah. Any advice? Is it always going to be this pathetically slow?
Ever feel like you're changing, but you don't really know just how, or understand why it's happening? And your friends and acquaintances don't seem to like it at all? How do you go about assessing what's going on, perhaps stopping?
...to tel the story of how great a love can be
...the sweet love story that is older than the sea..
Who was the first to sang this song?