There was a spider in the living room tonight, but by the time my daughter came to get me to kill it, it had disappeared somewhere. She says it was black and it's body was the size of a thumb tack. That seems pretty big to me!! We are in Ontario, and I was wondering if there is any chance that the spider is poisonous. I'm worried, because it is still somewhere in my home.
What's with the icons of people/animals that have glowing red eyes and a syringe in their mouth?!
I recently inherited a rather old digital camera. Because of extreme laziness, I didn't think to test it out until now and I leave for a very extended trip in about 5 hours. (The camera requires 4 AA batteries, which was a major reason why I've never used it.)
There are still no batteries for the camera. There are two smart cards that may or may have stuff on them. My laptop has a smart media port and I've installed the software that I was given but my computer doesn't seem to notice it was there. I've also tried to use a card adapter (that said compatibility with Windows NT is not guaranteed, which might date the thing,) but that didn't work either.
1) What am I doing wrong?
2) Are the drivers to old for my operating system?
3) Would this be a good point to "accidentally forget" the camera so I don't have to find the space to pack all of its peripherals?
Does anyone know of an edition of Dubliners that has the intended punctuation (dashes instead of quotation marks) and does *not* have either a "reader's guide"/commentary sort of thing (unless it's tucked away in the back, not interspersed like the one I have found) or a hefty price tag?
I'm trying to find instructions on making flower circlets, and am having no luck. I would just like something with pretty straight-forward instructions, and pictures would be very helpful, methinks.
Does anybody know of any websites or craft books that might be able to give me what I need?
If anybody can help me out in any way, I'd appreciate it very much.
This is a scenario type of question. I'd appreciate it if you answered thoroughly. You can use the opportunity to assess your survival skills.
For the purpose of this post, let's say the dead have risen up and are attacking the living. Across the globe, chaos ensues as zombies have penetrated almost every society and neighborhood worldwide. There are hardly any safe havens. There is a nationwide evacuation, but for some reason, you're unable to leave. Due to the high volume of cars leaving the area and the inevitable breakdowns and accidents that occur during a panic, the roads are unable to be used. You are where you are right now and your city is emptied, except for the stragglers...and the ever present zombie problem
1. Where do you go? Give me your plan of action and a list of priorities
2. Do you hole up somewhere or keep moving?
3. Do you use a weapon, and if so, what do you use?
4. Your city or town is emptied. Do you take advantage of this, and if so, what are some of the things you'd take?
5. Considering there are other people like yourself in the city, but also hundreds to thousands of walking dead, do you seek out others and possibly expose yourself to harm since it might not be immediately evident who's alive and who isn't...or do you just keep to yourself?
If you had a ten-second time machine token-- to redo something in your past-- for a ten-second "do-over", basically--
1) would you have used it already?
2) why? (unless that's too personal-- generalities are fine, then)
3) would you save it for a later thing you think you might need it for?
(and out of curiosity, how old are you? just for the sake of the questions above.)
Assume you can only affect your actions, and only for that ten seconds. No "adjusting two hours of your life" or any of that. (yes, this is a little like the "sands of time" thing from Prince of Persia. But you only get one, and no refills.)
(I might have used mine, i think, on one particularly stupid question i asked a girl while back. I knew the answer to the question ahead of time. Or one action in High School, maybe i could have used it--would have saved some embarrassment down the line. But I think I'd save it. Those particular things aren't too bad, in the big scheme of things.)
and i'm 24, now.
A quick organic chemistry question....
In thin layer chromatography, does a polar substance move farther than a non-polar? Or which is more polar, the one that moves the farthest or the one that moves the least?
when you guys order something for take out and pick it up yourself, do you tip the people behind the counter?
the receipt i get always has a spot for tip, but i freeze when i see it because i don't want to be cheap, but also thought tips were only supposed to be given if you were sitting down and people brought things to you...
also, am i a cheap bastard for asking this question?
How many vacations do you take a year?
(How many days total)?
Of those days, how often do you go someplace?
HAS ANYONE SEEN THAT iCON WiTH "JESUS" ON iT ? ? ?
AND iT SAYS= "BRB MORTALS!"
Are you watching the season premiere of Gilmore Girls tonight?
Okay, so about a year ago I dyed my dark blonde hair very dark brown (see icon). It's almost black now, and I want to go back to may natural color (and maybe a little lighter). I was going to use a dye from Feria that was made for naturally dark hair, but then I read that it wasn't recommended for hair that had been dyed dark. So I bought some L'oreal Paris Excellence Creme Medium Blonde color, and I'm wondering what it might do to my hair.
Does anyone have expereince coloring dyed dark hair back to its natural color? Will the latter dye do the trick? Is there any hope for me?
So my lazy ass wants to make curtains.
I plan to get some fabric, use fabric glue to seam up the edges and put a fringe on the top seam and bottom seam. Is this a bad idea?
I don't have the patience to hand sew it and I don't have a sewing machine, and I also don't have an iron so I can't use iron on adhesive strips. So I chose fabric glue. I haven't bought the materials yet, so I want to ask...
Is fabric glue a bad idea to make wide seams on a long piece of material? What types of fabric will NOT bond well with fabric glue? What brand/type do you recommend? Will the seam for the curtain rod hold up to fabric glue if it's a light fabric?
If you have a paid account, how did you pay?
1. I have just recently started working, and everyone is telling me that I should start putting some money aside from every paycheck. What would be a good amount? I'm only 16, so college isn't too far off...and I get paid every 2 weeks.
2. I claimed 0 on my tax form...how much do you think they'll take out of each check? I live in NH if it makes a difference.
3. What bank would you recommend opening a checking account with?
Sorry if these are stupid questions. :|
How could I go about starting a facebook for my school? It wont even let me sign up, it says I dont have a valid email or something, and Im using my schools.
What was the highlight of your day?
Me: talking to my counselor and arranging it so that the Algebra 1 I
took in middle school is on my transcript, so that I'll have 3 years of
high school math (once I pass the second semester of Algebra 2, that is
- it'll be my third try) and thus be eligible for UC/CSU admission. Oh,
and her telling me that I should have no problem getting into the
schools that I'm considering. : )
Lately I've had two songs stuck in my head, Gwen Stefani's "Hollaback Girl" and Morningwood's "Nth Degree." Both songs have parts where the singer spells something, like "Bananas, B-A-N-A-N-A-S" or "M-O, M-O-R, M-O-R-N-I-N-G, W-O-O-D, to the Nth degree."
What other examples are there of songs with built-in spelling lessons?
My ex husband and I came to an agreement on how we want to share our daughter.
It's different than what the court has ordered.
So, how do we make this official?
We have a follow up date with the judge December 5th.
We've had problems before doing agreements 'off the record' so I don't really want to just 'go with it' until Dec 5th and I don't want to wait until after we've seen the judge to begin our new agreement.
Can we write it up and sign it? Would (or should) we get it notorized?
Or do we need to go to the court and have the paperwork drawn up?
If there is somewhere else more appropriate to post this, I'd appreciate that too!
1. They say that half of all marriages end in divorce. But if someone gets divorced, gets married again, and doesn't get divorced the second time... then they tip the numbers up for "didn't end in divorce," even though they were previously in a marriage that DID end in divorce. My question is, is there a statistic that breaks it down further that just "did" or "didn't"? Like, something that would say how many PEOPLE have been married and how many PEOPLE have divorced?
2. Is there a huge secret that you've kept from your SO that could result in the relationship ending if they found out?
3. You don't have to tell us exactly what it is, but is it more along the lines of money, people, something else...?
(this doesn't apply to everyone, but oh well...)
When you started university, did you know what you wanted to do when you left?
What subject did you take at uni? And (for those who've finished) what sort of work do you do now?
So you've just come out of the mall thinking, what they HELL were those kids smoking? Why were they acting so obnoxious and shouting at the top of their lungs and falling all over themselves? Why were they speaking with such foul language and bellowing that awful "music", and acting like punk-ass freaks while throwing food at each other in the food court?
A) Did you ever act this way when you were in high school?
B) How old were you when you stopped acting this way?
C) Do you feel put out by the general obnoxiousness of teenagers when you're at the mall?
D1.) Even though you're a fully grown adult, do you still feel a little jealous that you were never THAT cool in high school?
D2.) Do you, as a current high schooler, feel jealous of teenagers who behave this way in public?
This might be a stupid question, but why does George Bush refer to Saddam Hussein just as "Saddam"? It seems very informal to me because I can't imagine Saddam himself making speeches and referring the President as "George". Saddam is a first (common) name, or am I mistaken? It's not a big deal or anything, I'm just a bit confused because I assume the president, in formal meetings/conferences/briefings/whatever would refer to him to his full name ( Though, I don't expect him to refer to him as "Mr. Hussein" or "Mr. Saddam" or anything of the sort because that just seems out of place. )
Does this bother anyone else or am I just missing something?
Where can I find a good guide to the principles and such of Buddhism? I tried Googling various things about it, but everything that came back was kind of hard to read and seemed to read like stereo instructions. From what I have heard, I really like the ideas of the teachings, but obviously I need to find out more and I need it to be ... not so convaluted? Also, they talk about thinking of animals as other beings with spirits (which I fully believe in) but I need to know things like if they practice being vegetarians because if so, it would be hard for me to consider (I tried being vegetarian once because of my feelings about animals and most animal industries, but I am weak!). Thank you in advance for any good links or books I could maybe get at the library!
Does anyone else here use Audioscrobbler on www.last.fm? If so, what's your username? I just started, and I'm looking for people to link to, and find out more about what you listen to.
My username is (how original): seele_erwache
1. What could a keyboarding test actually entail? I understand, give me something to type and see how many WPM I can muster, but what would actually take a whole hour?
2. For my pizza-loving friends: thin, original, or thick crust?
1. Where did the term Beauty in the breakdown come from
2. If you could be any inanimate object, what would you be?
3. Why do cats hate water?
I've watched the entire rented series of Sex and the City several times, and I only wish there were more episodes to watch!
Unfortunatley, there aren't, which leaves me with no idea what new show to get obsessed with. Any tv series on dvd you would recommend?
1. How can someone with shyness issues (my shyness issue is that I pretend to be a million times dumber than I really am to cover up how terrified I am of meeting new people) make cool new friends?
2. How do you get someone to notice you without being obvious?
3. How can I change what the general population of a incestious catholic high school thinks of me?
What damage can be done to a non-stick pan when cooking with oil? My mom claims it destroys the pan, but I say it does nothing.
Do you talk on the phone when you pee? Can you talk on the phone when you pee?
I don't and can't. I have a nervous enough bladder as it is.
so what did Luke end up saying? not that i care or even watch the show... but what was his answer?
So I've had a cell phone for about a month now. Then yesterday I got a call from a telemarketer.
The only companies I've given my cell # to are my apartment managers, and for a university change of address form, and I haven't texted anyone either.
So what I'm wondering....which do you think is the most likely culprit for giving my number to a telemarketing company? My University, or my apartment manager?
1. What do you think of journalists?
2. What do you think of lawyers?
3. Which profession is worse-law or journalism?
So...I've just recently [officially] started my first real relationship...a few weeks ago. Is it just natural to go on and off about whether I should break up with him? He hasn't really done anything to make me feel this way as far as I know...
I'm looking to buy my first car soon and today I meta man who is wllng to sell his car to me. It's a black 1990 535i BMW in perfect condiion. However, there are something like 210,000 miles on the car. It has leather seats and automatic everything. He is asking for $3500. Is this a reasonable deal? Should I be worried about the high miles? I know nothing about cars or buying them so please help me. Thanks :D
P.S.- Was the girl on last weeks Super Sweet 16 Jaime Glischer's (from Rich Girls)sister?
After you die, your body is going to be served at a feast in your honor. (As in, yes, cannibalism.)
How would you want your body prepared? Appetizer, dessert, grilled, basted?
I've been wondering are campus jobs any different than "normal" jobs? Are there specific rules they must adhere to? I know my college requires you to be enrolled, taking at least 6 units and have at least a 2.0 GPA. But is there anything else? Are there things they cannot force you to do? Like work 40 hours?
Is there a website that lists these rules, or does it pretty much vary on the campus policies?
Have you ever heard a song on the radio and thought, "What crap. My dog can sing this song better." ? If so, which song or songs?
Do you believe it is possible for a failed relationship to be attempted again years later and succeed?
Lets assume you never ended on bad terms. Like maybe it was just a bad time in life for one of you...
1. How many items are on your interests list?
2. Do you write about the items on your interests list (other than memes)?
3. If you don't, what do you write about?
4. If you do, which ones do you write about?
How does one go about getting rid of an addiction or habit?
It'd be useful to hear different ways.
Anecdotes would be cool, too, especially if talking about addictions that we hear less about (instead of cigarettes, Chef Boyardee sauce. I don't know, that's not very realistic but it was all I could think of) But things like cigarettes and coffee and such are good examples too. I'd just like a general idea of how people break habits, the different ways, etc.
Do you know what a "magnet school" is?
1. Do you have a knack for driving (are you naturally good at it)?
2. Should use of cellphones be banned while driving? Why or why not?
1. Yes, and I don't mind bragging about it. :P
2. Yes, especially on the freeway. I cannot stand driving behind someone who is chatting away on their phone because they always drive so slow and irresponsibly. There are people who can handle talking and driving, but most people can't. Besides it is just annoying. And actually now that I think about it, isn't one supposed to drive with BOTH hands on the wheel anyway? I know some people use those earphones but most people don't.
Why are hotel rates so much cheaper online? The rates I'm being quoted
on Priceline.com are often $50+ cheaper than what I was told when I
called the motel/hotel/inn directly. Should I be suspicious? I've never
booked online before. My dad has, but I've put myself in charge of
selecting the hotel for the trip (visiting CSU Monterey Bay, and looking for hotels on the peninsula or in Salinas) because my friend is picky.