I've always thought of A League of Their Own.
I've always thought of A League of Their Own.
(Yes, quit smoking, I know. I'm working on it. In the meantime?)
I've got a bottle of Meadows & Rain Febreze. It says it's IAMS certified for safe use around cats and dogs, but it doesn't say anything about use directly on a dog. I'm only asking this because I remember reading something about it on some LJ community, how it helps eliminate mild odor between baths.
If it matters, my dogs are female Rottweilers. One's around 6 and very large, the other's around 2 and about average size (for a Rottweiler, that is).
Obviously I wouldn't spray near their face or around their crotch where it would be licked.
Here's the situation --
- My friend is 27 years old, & living with her boyfriend of 7 years.
- Even when they started dating, he never treated her with any kind of respect -- I thought she would have kicked him to the curb by the end of year 1, but we don't talk very often anymore & my own life has seen its own share of different turmoil so I haven't really been keeping track... & now 7 years have gone by!!
- She's afraid to leave him because she doesn't want to be alone. I know she deserves better, but she has really low self-esteem even though she's attractive & men hit on her when she does go out. Unfortunately, she doesn't go out very often... 1) Her parents didn't let her go out much when she lived at home, & she lived at home until she was 24 years old. She's been so conditioned to being home most of her non-school/work hours that it's her comfort zone. 2) She doesn't want to expend the energy being social & she thinks she may suffer from social anxiety. 3) All of her other friends have gotten married, so she'd need to find new people to go out with, but that would require going out to find the new people -- Catch 22? 4) She can't go out with me because she doesn't live close enough for it to be feasible.
She just started therapy & doesn't know if it will help.
Also, she's not close to her family as a result of this relationship, so she can't turn to them for support.
What advice would you give her? When I get enough responses here, I'm going to point her to this page. Thanks! :)
Or explain a dirty phrase of your choice(with some delicacy if possible) ;)
I also brought with it the game boy game adaptor since I still have my original Game Boy & GBA SP so any suggestions for good games for those would also be appericiated. I have no problem searcing through used games stores or eBay, just I would like some idea of what would be a good buy and what really isn't worth it.
To give an idea of what I like, since that might help the suggestions here are some of the other Nintendo Games I have/have played and liked
- Zelda [I have the original NES one on my GBA, plus Minish Cap, A Link To The Past, and Wind Waker]
- Banjo Kazooie + Banjo Tooie [N64] + Banjo Kazooie: Gruntys Revenge [GBA]
- James Bond 007: Goldeneye [N64]
- Rush 2046 [N64]
- Mario Kart Racing [N4]
- Diddy Kong Racing [N64]
- Donkey Kong Country 3 [SNES]
- Super Mario All Stars [SNES]
- Super Mario...um can't remember the rest of the name righ now but it for SNES...the first one with Yoshi
Basically I love the Zelda series and like the RP games, but also want some nice fun racing games that also allow you to goof off. I have like major ADD attacks sometimes and yeah hence why I'm posting this at 5:17am instead of doing something productive lol.
Thanks in advance and remember....growing old is mandantory, growing up is optinal :)
1. have you ever dropped a class(s) because you didn't like the way the teacher taught?
i'm currently in a battle between dropping political science because of the teacher. it has nothing to do with the subject just the damn person itself.
i know this may sound like a silly question.
Did you have fun?
Do you usually like playing Twister?
EDIT: What "common" childhood games have you never played?
And, how often do you wash and/or change your sheets?
2) I'm thinking of changing one of the light fixtures in my bathroom to a heat lamp. Do any of you have one of those red lamps? Is the voltage the same as a regular light or will I have to change the internal wiring somehow?
And woke up in the morning to discover that someone had shaved your legs.
What's your state of wrath? Would you be alright with it? Would you forgive them eventually, if you found out who did it? BASICALLY, DO YOU THINK WE COULD DO THIS TO HIM AND GET AWAY WITH IT? 8D
2. What kind of sheets do you prefer? Cotton, jersey cotton, Egyptian cotton, flannel, silk, etc?
3. Would you rather have a nice house or a nice car?
4. What is something that doesn't cost much but you spend a significant amount on throughout the week? (e.g. cigarettes, coffee)
5. This only applies if you're of college-age or older: Did you go to college? Did you finish? What is your degree in? If you didn't finish, why? Do you regret not finishing? If you're still in college, what do you intend to get your degree in? Do you want to continue your education and get your Masters of Ph.D?
( Collapse )
I can look it up online, but I want a home-made recipe from someone who actually makes it.
I've seen Tale of Two Sisters, and just yesterday The Audition. I'm gonna look for Ringu and the original The Grudge soon too. Anything else?
You cannot use the money to pay off bills and you cannot give it away to family/friends/charity. You cannot invest it, either. (Almost forgot that one.)
What do you do with that $10,000?
Example: When I was in fifth grade, the girl next to me would write French sevens (i.e., like the number seven with a line through the middle of the stem.) I liked the oddity of it so much, I picked it up myself and, 18 years later, I'm still doing it.
At my school most kids drive Volvos, Mercedes', Lexus', BMWs, there are also a few Land Rovers, and one Jaguar. Very few people have old cars. I'm unfortunate enough to have a 1999 Mercury Sable.
2. How would you make Mercedes, and Lexus plural?
I'm pretty sure I did it completely wrong.
EDIT: I know that I'm fortunate. I just meant that it sucks in comparison to the other cars at my school. Plus it's my dad's car that he still uses.
and what's considered an average/ok score?
2. When you drink soda/iced tea/whatever from a can do you usually drink straight from the can, use a straw, pour it into a cup, or drink it by hovering it over your mouth so your mouth doesn't actually touch it?
3. If you use(d) ebay, what's the worst problem you had there, if any?
4. Another book question today: What is a classic and/or popular book(s) that you've still never read (not even started)? Do you plan to ever read it?
Do you have a Demonoid account? If so, is it really that great of a site as people make it out to be?
2. Are there any movie scores you particularly like and want to recommend to me? I already own quite a bit from Danny Elfman but would not be opposed to owning more. I love, love, love instrumental music and now that I spend a good 2 hours of my day in the car I would love to have more to listen to.
2. What's your favorite commercial beverage? (example: pepsi, sprite, lipton iced tea, poland spring water, etc.)
3. What's your favorite type of chip?
4. What's your favorite fast food or chain resturant?
And if that's the case, why are so many Livejournal people using/converting to MySpace as well?
2. If you do, where do you normally find these deals and where do you sell them for a higher price? If you want to give an example of a good deal you got and what you sold it for, that would be great too.
2. Have you ever tried any techniques that are supposed to help you remember your dreams? Did they work?
3. Are there any foods that you can no longer purchase because they are no longer sold near you, or because they are no longer made that you really miss?
Lay's Guacamole Chips!
I am, of course, asking this because today I had been persuaded/peer-pressured into watching the newly-premiered Emily Rose film. And now I am freaked out, even if I wasn't even paying attention (on purpose) to most of the movie.
What other soft drink gimmicks/marketing schemes do you think are completely over-rated?
For example, I say I like Fall Out Boy - by the next week, her school diary's covered in pictures of the band, and she won't shut up about how HAWTT the lead singer is (Yet, she can't say anything about the music). I dye my hair bright red, she dyes her hair the exact same colour a week later - despite the fact she'd always said that dying your hair was lame. I start saying a phrase or word, she starts using it. If I find someone hot, she finds that same person hot. Her favourite movies are ones she's only seen once, and are the same as mine. The list goes on.
My question is, what should I do? She's a good friend, but I'm getting REALLY frustrated and angry with her copying my every single move! Other people have noticed this, so I'm not just paranoid!
1) Don't go below 18 unless he/she is within 2 years of your age.
2) Sexual contact doesn't have to mean f*cking. Passionate kissing, mutual watching, or up to full blown sex. Your choice.
Me? I'd say Rene Russo, Alyson Hannigan and a red-headed Lindsay Lohan. Yeah... there may be a theme there. What's your excuse? :)
I just got the high school version of thefacebook. How can I pull up a list of all the users in a certain high school? How can I do that with a college?
#1: Do you kiss on the first date?
#2: If you want to make it to a second date, what do you do? My boss (and friend) said that a hug and a kiss on the cheek ensures the second date by saying that you are interested but not slutty. What do you think?
And for books, as well - do you react strongly to things that happen in books? For instance, take what happened in the latest Harry Potter book or in the final book of Stephen King's Dark Tower series? There were a couple of things in Dark Tower 7 that made me cry in there too - again, people who have read it will know what I am referring to.
Also, when replying, for those of you who think im a total whackjob, please be nice. :)