September 4th, 2005
A hicky and some good lovin.
Why would the females pick out the most brightly-patterned pieces and wear them as cloaks?
p.s. if anyone wants to suggest another relatively uncommon (alcoholic) drink and supply me with the recipe..i'm asking around for those too. Thanks!
For example, a workplace that must hire at least 1/3 women or a certain percentage of minority workers.
Or a university/college that gives preferential acceptance to first nations applicants.
transitions 3 or crizal?
2. Did you swear as a kid, or at what age do you remember starting? Did it seem like a big deal, like you were breaking a rule?
3. Did your parents, or other adults in your life, swear around you when you were a kid (let's say, under 10)?
4. Do you swear around kids?
5. Do you think it has an influence if a parent doesn't swear in front of their child, or do you think they will be influenced by friends and media regardless of their parents not swearing?
6. How much time do you spend with your pets (even if they are just sleeping on your lap)?
7. Do you get jealous when your pets show affection to others and seemingly ignore you?
( Collapse )
- How often do you refresh your flist? I'm simply amazed at how quickly I get responses to posts sometimes!
- How many people do you have on your flist?
- How LJ friends did you find randomly (or not so randomly), & how many were already friends in real life?
- How many new friends did you make via LJ?
- How many people on your flist [who weren't already real life friends] have you met in person? Are you still friends?
Unrelated: I'm currently reading I Hate You, Don't Leave Me : Understanding the Borderline Personality.
What are the differences between narcissistic personality v. histronic personality?
I have been bored for too long.
Just wondering what are some of your hobbies/ things that keeps you busy ?
[I have really none, why I am asking]
What do you do with your computer?
[mostly a bit torrent file downloader]
What websites do you vist?
[lj, and email sites, bittorrent sites]
So, just wondering what I could really do with this computer, I never knew, and just got around to asking! Any good LJ's you have read lately and think I should add? It seems my lists has something bad towards comments...leaving them, and responding to them...
EDIT: I only mention this because there is a bloody huge one about 2 feet away from me and I am teetering between admiring its smooth brown furriness and being frightened of its insecty six-leggedness.
(You're alone, you didn't have a bag or something to throw up in or it just happened too quickly, and the driver didn't even notice that you threw up. Yeah, there are those barriers between you two and he just didn't notice.)
a. Do nothing. Pay and get out of there.
b. Tell him what happened and apologize profusely, pay and get out of there (letting him take care of the mess or whoever else when he gets back to his base).
c. Apologize etc and at least offer to clean it up. (Perhaps as a cabbie they expect these things to happen and keep towels somewhere)
d. Other - Maybe I'm not imaginative enough, can't think of other options now, but if you have one, by all means.. ;)
Are you working
Why and when did you decide any major decisions about your schooling or career? Ex: I knew I wanted to go to such-and-such college because... or I wanted to be a vet because...
If you have a career (salary pay, or something you see yourself doing for 10 or so years minimum.), what do you do?
EDIT: If you're career doesn't match up with your degree, why not? Are you disapointed it doesn't? (As in, majored in Enviornmental Science, but manager of a store.)
It's natural logs...
ln(5x+1) + lnx = ln4
'???' *Looks straight ahead and says nothing*
Bit of a pause.
'I still don't believe you're a girl. That pony tail doesn't mean anything!'
'???' *hahahhaa In my head, but still look forward and SURE won't say anything now cuz this guys crazy and might keel me*
He then says some other things, I don't remember what.. All the while I'm walking on the other side of the road, and thank GOD I did cross the road, and he's stopped at the store across from me with his dog and eventually I'm not facing him so he stops saying things.
So - on drugs, or just a crazy person? My bet is he was on drugs.
I was recently in an accident and broke my back. I'm in a torso brace that I can't walk with out. Do I need a note from my doctor or anything? They can't make me take the brace off and walk can they?
Would it be in bad taste for me to make Hurricanes? As far as I'm concerend, the guests coming are people ranging from western states (Cali, Texas, New Mexico, Arizona). But what if these people have friends or family in trouble from the recent disaster? I don't want to upset or offend anyone, but at the same time, I don't want to hold back on drink possibilities (I know one lady really loves this drink who's going to be at the BBQ). So should I hold back or just serve this drink?
My boyfriend just moved away to college, so we won't get to see each other very much (I'm sure some of you can understand). So, I was thinking of getting a couple of webcams so that we can talk and see each other at the same time (for those of you who didn't know what I meant by "webcam").
So -- my question for the club: Is this a worthy investment? what webcams have you found that work well but wont completely kill me monetarily?
thanks for all the help!
I am about 85-90% sure that I never want to have children.
How likely do you think it is that I will change my mind when I'm older, and at around what age do you think it would happen?
(Feel free to ask questions if you need more info to come up with an estimate.)
transition 3 lens or crizal?
i got crizal but they are giving me a headache and now im thinking i should have just gotten the scratch resistant coating.
I'm considering transition 3 lenses but I'm not sure if it really does work well and look good.
The first is from my back garden. We have a tree loaded with gorgeous black-colored berries, but I have no idea what they are or if they are edible. I don't plan to taste it to find out unless I know for certain they won't kill me, but I'm very curious. I live in North England, if that helps.
The second is a turia, a type of gourd I picked up at the market yesterday. It looks more to me like a bitter gourd/melon, but I haven't cut it open yet to see. In either case, is there anything to do with it other than stirfry? And if it *is* a bitter melon, is there anything I can do to take the edge off the flavor?
( Collapse )
Heh, this is like the third or so "Rhapsody in Blue" related question I've asked here. Oh boy. Thanks in advance. :)
2. What is MayBach? A friend of mine said it's car but that it also has a grim meaning and did not explain further.
I'm now ashamed to admit that:
- I've seen both seasons
- I was actually angry at that jerk exgirfriend of Sandy's when she kept hitting on him
- I feel bad for Luke now that he's just a flimsy stock character only used when someone needs a place to flee to
- I wonder when Marissa and Ryan will sleep together(finally!)
- I am furious that Trey(as seen in season three ads) is alive. After what he did?
Has this happened to anyone else? (With the O.C. or any other show)
My friends list is full of metaquotes and questions and angry statements about him, and I'm wondering - did he do something within the past day to prompt a reaction like this? Or is this just general hate that comes after an incident like Katrina?
I'm not trying to cause a big fight, I'm genuinely curious.
*Edit: I am not looking for advice on where to get a good price or anything.. I'm more wondering where other people would immediately think "Oh! We have to go to a ____ dealer first, of course!", like, what company sticks out in their mind as a quality car they'd like to own, etc. Thanks. :)
If I hadn't just watched Just Married last week I may have wanted to watch it, but...
- Do people think you're smarter/dumber than you feel about yourself? Do you purposely try to give them the wrong impression? If so, how?
- How do you feel about females who purposely "dumb down" themselves because they think it makes them more attractive?
- Did you go to a "good school"? Does it automatically impress/intimidate others when they find out, especially dates?
Bonus: Do you have a passport? Why / why not? Which countries have you visited?
I recently heard on the Jon Stewart show that only 14% of Americans hold passports. I was shocked.
I've been to China, Hong Kong, Korea, Japan, Canada, British Virgin Islands, Switzerland & Germany.
NOTE: I'm NOT trying to suggest that global warming caused Katrina.
Anyway, No matter what I drink or take it's still there... got any suggestions to ease this annoyance?
( Collapse )
Would you consider him to be more conservative or centrist?
2. I need new plugs for my ears. I can't decide what is going to look the best together and far as colors of jewelry/gems. What do you think? think
3. Now that there are two vacancies on the Supreme Court - what happens if a case comes before them? Do they have to wait until the positions are filled? Do they just need the majority of who is left?
In the past I've had CDs that came with my computers that allowed me to reset the system to what it was like when it came from the factory, however this one doesn't give me that option [it's a Dell computer].
I see CDs to reinstall Windows XP and drivers, am I supposed to use those CDs or is there something I'm missing? I looked through all my CDs so I'm pretty sure it never came with a system reset one... help?
2. Do you like it?
3. What's the brand name?
4. Do you remember how much it costs?
I practically got yelled at by a pet store employee today for trying to buy some tetras, she insisted it was better to "rescue" fish. I'm just wondering if she's stupid or if i'm uninformed.
If I were to live in Williamsburg, VA, what colleges are nearby besides William and Mary?
the tow truck guy convinced me that this is somewhat rare but i don't know how much i trust the tow truck guy, he had a mustache.
so my questions are as follows:
a. have you ever been involved in an automobile accident?
b. how bad was the damage? (to yourself/passengers and the car)
c. was it your fault?
d. and how often is one involved in a hit and run?
e. do you think the police will actually catch this guy?
all i was able to give them was the phone number of another witness, the color of the car, the general look of the car (a pick up truck), and what he sort of looked like. you'd think someone would see this guys car with a huge mini van dent in the side of his truck, right?
oh! and the other witness guy chased him down the street but lost him. i have his phone number and from the police i could probably get his address. so i guess:
f. what should i do for this guy to say thank you for chasing somebody down the street for me?
What should I expect?
I used to know a lot about MRI machines and I *think* I'm not supposed to wear anything metal, but that's all I can remember.
It just popped up on my friends list, but when I asked where it was from, it was apparently deleted. He looks kind of pasted in, but when you look closely, so does she.