|Game Recommendations and other stuff
||[Aug. 13th, 2005|12:53 am]
The Question Club
|||||Skandals - Ja Gan!||]|
1. I need a recommendation on a new computer game to buy for myself. I enjoy strategy games mostly, but I'm not averse to some hack-and-slash. I like graphics-based games, not text-based games. I've been playing Civilizations 3 all week and I need something else. Other games I already have are Age of Mythology, Diablo 2, the Sims and Majesty, to give you an idea of what I enjoy. What would you recommend?
2. There's this bottle of multivitamins (Centrum Forte if it matters) that has been sitting on my computer desk here near the window for the last three months. The expiry date is 2006/08, so there's still a year on them theoretically. However, it says to store between 15-30 degrees Celsius, and it's been over 30 for a good amount of the past three months. Opening the bottle, they smell sort of odd, but I've never smelled vitamins before, so I'm not sure what they're supposed to smell like. You think they'd be safe to take, or should I get a new bottle?
3. Do you think taking both Latin and Ancient Greek in the same semester would be confusing?
4. Do you know of any websites that will translate transliterated Russian (that is, Russian in Latin characters rather than Cyrillic) to English? The sites I've been finding only translate Cyrillic writing, not transliterated writing. Failing that, anyone here speak Russian and could translate a short three/four sentence thing from transliterated Russian to English for me? Thank you!
5. Artists - how should I stretch watercolour paper if I lack a nice-sized body of water to soak the paper in? When I did watercolours with my mom years ago she had a sink in her studio especially for that purpose, but now the only thing I have is a bathtub that I share with five roommates, that'll never be clean no matter how much I scrub it, not to mention it would probably get disturbed by people wanting to take showers anyways.
6. I want to get a small pet (but not a hamster, rat or guinea pig - my roommates already have those). I'd get a cat or a bunny, but one of my roommates, as well as my boyfriend, are allergic to those. What kind of small fuzzy pet would you recommend?