Do you have a mysterious piece of media that you've never been able to name?
Do you have a mysterious piece of media that you've never been able to name?
mine would be:
Being beyond what is required or sufficient.
*My manager's anal retentive attention to details of an unimportant nature is superfluous.
If you don't suggest the camera, what do YOU, personally prefer?
If you use the D70, I'd appreciate it if you could supply me with a link of pictures taken with the camera.
I'm rather curious.
*Also, what should I expect at the photo session? (i.e. how long it will take, the types of poses, ect.)
Thanks a bunch in advance and sorry for asking so many questions (this whole "senior in h.s." thing is so new to me!!)
2. What's something you do that makes you feel absolutely beautiful from the inside out?
Has anyone here supported themselves on minimum wage?
I am talking between what I believe to be a low salary ($6-$8/hour) in a decent sized city. I am a college student who lives near a large university, where apartment prices aren't cheap. I think rent varies from $400-$600 per person a month. Of course, depending on what apartment you live in. I am asking this because I want to move out of my parents house but I make minimum wage, working from 25-35 hours a week.
Feel free to include things besides rent you have to pay for I may not have thought of, and of course how it worked out for you. Thanks.
Anyone else wish the same?
2) What are some good/active free layout communities/ljs? I'd like to browse for something uber spiffy but filtering through all the coms/people who list 'layouts,' is like ... something difficult and annoying. Help me be cooler?
Thank you as always! :D
If I were to give my own recommendation... I got this video from Limewire of John Lennon performing "Imagine" on the Mike Douglas show and their's a saxaphonist on this performance and what he brings to the song in this live version is pretty nice :)
What qualities do you think make a good leader in society?
Are the qualities that you listed ones that make you a good leader?
What are some leadership roles in work/volunteering/clubs that you've had?
Im not really taking much seeing as Im moving into a dorm. But this box happened to be all the books Im taking...It ended up rather heavy, I ca lift it alone but I couldnt move it great distances, so Im thinking I should go about it a different way.
How does someone pack? Should I spread the heavy stuff out with lighter stuff and then have no real rhyme or reason to where anything is?
I hate moving....
How many of you think you need an excuse rolodex to avoid doing something you
don't want to do?
lab before class or reversed?
if so, what are your experiences with it and does it cover beyond arithmetic?
So, can you think of something better than 'how do you compete with free?'
I was recently in a small car accident.
The car had about 3500$ worth of damage on it.
Since I was in the accident, the insurance peoples having been talking to me, and sent the check to me.
I am listed as a driver, under my father's insurance, Travelers.
So is it FAIR my parents are taking the money, which should be going towards a new car, or something else of my benefit, like for college....and depositing it, in their bank account?
They plan on giving the car to my sister, at the end of my senior year, so she can learn to drive...leaving me carless, when I leave for college?
However, there are things I'm reluctant to throw out/donate, b/c I'm sure that as soon as I get rid of it, I'll need it. But I know I'll hold on to it and really, never need it.
Have you ever thrown something away and then needed it very soon afterwards?
For reference, my iPod is a one and a half year old third generation. It was totally out of batteries before I plugged it in this time.
Here's some questions to get you going on helping me, but jump in with whatever :)
Has this happened to anyone before? Did you fix it and how?
How do I find the Contrast settings if I can't see it?
What would you do if this were your iPod?
I can't even remember how to try to reset it... help?
Thanks you guys!
I had forgotten about how people used to say that...was that a Wayne's World thing?
Can you think of any other funny expressions that people don't really use anymore?
1) I've had two Air Conditioning Leaks so far --
Part I, July 19th: http://www.livejournal.com/users/ethern
Part II, yesterday: http://www.livejournal.com/~ethernetbunny/122987.html
The carpet (Photo below) was soaked. It now smells TERRIBLE.
1A) How do I get rid of the smell?
1B) How do I prevent mildew, mold etc. from forming?
The A/C is still leaking! X(
- - -
2) Do you like dressing up?
2A) What is your favorite dress up outfit?
2B) What is your favorite dress up accessory?
2C) Where/when have you worn this outfit? ( Collapse )
or is it too much for one day?
2. Do you vote in every election? Like, will you vote for state/county/local offices or just in the presidential elections? (For non-Americans, please insert your appropriate government offices here, i.e. local/national/etc)
3. How old are you?
[Note: I don't want to know WHO you vote for, I just want to know IF you vote]
Mine were (let's see if I can remember them):
Tuesday Toe-day (stamp on your friends feet)
Wednesday Wedding-day (pretend marrying your crush, or trying to)
Thursday Throw Up-day ( I never really understood this one....)
Hm... guess I can't remember them all. haha. Maybe I will if some of yours ring any bells.
Or maybe no one else did this and my school was just weird.... which is altogether possible.
It's just strange because this randomly popped into my head sitting here at work when someone asked "What day is it?" and I said to myself "It's Tuesday Toe-Day!"
*boggles at the weird innerworkings of the mind*
EDIT: Friday was Flip-Up Day (skirt-wearers beware!)
And if so, what is it you wish you knew then that you know now?
( Collapse )
Did someone else ask this question recently? 'Cause if so, let me know and I'll delete this post. :)
What band of your past would you love to see in concert? (And I don't mean Pink Floyd or the Beatles, because we'd all love that. I mean, the embarrasing ones who you never got to see)
edit: Bidding has ended for this item at US $22.49. You were outbid.
that's $7.50 more than my highest bid. which i felt guilty about spending. yay!
What makes a couple right for each other?
If you felt that you weren't right for your other part, would you end it immediately or continue on?
I am incredibly ambitious, motivated, incessantly busy and hardworking while my boyfriend just isn't. He's aimless and day by day whereas I plan things into the ground. Lately I've been wondering how this whole thing is going to work.
2. Why would you refinance your house and what exactly is refinancing?
3. I have a best friend who is constantly trying to make MY music tastes her own. She listens to that wannabe 80's new wave shit like Von Bondies and The Bravery and now she's all like 'MEMemCLASSIC ROCK!" which is all I listen to. I don't ever do that to her. Can anyone relate? What should I do about it? Is it stupid that it bothers me?
yeah ok, so it's like 23498 questions. I apologize :) Thanks for the help.
and how would I?
he provided me with clear company information, receipts, identification, and seemed reputable.
did he just rob me of $38 or can i expect my subscription?
2. The other day I was discussing oral sex with a friend, and he said that his girlfriend tastes really gross, and he got really weirded out when I said I think I taste pretty good. Is it really that strange that I know this about myself? Do you know how you taste?
3. Why are some staples curved/crowned (such as Swingline S8)? What difference does this make in your stapling power?
4. Are you a hat person? What type of hat do you like? I'm thinking of venturing into the world of hats (not baseball caps) for the fall, but I'm not sure where to start ;p
Any tips for losing weight other than "eat healthy and exercise"?
I really want to lose 10 pounds. :x
2. i have this weird chapped area around my mouth and it isn't going away, even though i continue to use lotion on it. could you recommend a product that could help.
3. should i get a Myspace? why or why not?
thanks in advance!!
How can I redeem myself?
What is the purpose of "thread-count" in sheets and whatnot, and does it really make a difference?
EDIT: Thanks for all the answers I've gotten so far. I'm definitely going high thread count. But here's the more important question of them all: I need to find a certain color of sheet. I've searched several different online retailers, but for the life of me, I can't locate this color. So, I thought I'd give some of you the task of finding it for me, to relieve your boredom!
I'm essentially looking for the hexadecimal color known as blue, 0000FF. When you click "blue" in a color menu, the color of sheet that I want comes up. Colors close enough that I want are the blue you get in t-shirt packs that's a bright blue, and the really powerful, slightly darker, but still beautiful blue they use in common blue cars, such as the Neon and VW Beetle, but not dark blue or navy, and not greenish-blues or aquas.
Can you help me? Please???? First prize for the winner: You get to sleep over with my 400 thread count blue sheets! (with or without me, your pic, mwaha). Optional prize: you get to have the pride of knowing that you made my dorm room a much happier place.
It's gotten so bad that I'm having fits and gasping for air. And it's tiring me out, a lot. Cough drops only help a little. Any advice on something to alleviate these?
Or do you know anyone who has been on any sort of reality show, or talk show? And if we would know them from TV, then who?
P.S., who is the artist of this song? And what is the name of it?
"Even the best fall down sometimes
Even the wrong words seem to rhyme
Out of the doubt that fills my mind
I somehow find
You and I collide"
they are looking for a replacement.
1. How long were you and your SO 'together' before they met your parents?
2. How did you go about it? (Did you all have a meal together or was it a quick, "Bob meet mum, mum this is Bob" at the front door when he came to take you out one night?... etc)
3. Did it go well? Do your parents like your SO?
4. Any tips on how to make the whole scenario relaxing and drama-free for all involved?
I really want this to go well, because I already think my parents are going to dislike him because he is considerably older than me. I'm nervous. Hold me.
2. What are some good, cheap skin exfoliation products?
3. What is your bedroom color? Do you like it? If not, what would you like it to be? (Mine is a teal dark blue. I love it.)
4. Is there a way to tell that you have stopped growing? I am still a "youngin" but I've never had growth spurts, my jeans still fit, and my mom is a wee gal which leads me to believe that I'm going to be 5'1 and a half for the rest of forever.
thanks thanks thanks.