( Collapse )
( Collapse )
Does anybody know what I'm talking about?
They don't annoy me at all. You can always just answer whichever questions you want to and sometimes people like to have a lot of questions to answer or read for whatever reason (boredom, feeling helpful, etc). Then again, I'm not easily annoyed at all. Some things people get angry about shock me. I'm just curious how the rest of you feel. As for the limit, I don't have a specific one in mind but I don't think it would be appropriate to, for example, post a 100(!) question survey that you sometimes find in personal LJs.
Edited to clarify: By spreading the questions out over some time, I didn't mean all in one day or a really short period, just maybe one a day or every other day, or every few days. You get the idea. I realize it is against the community rules to make too many posts in a short period of time. :)
*edit* upon some research, i found that i can mix my own bp out of baking soda and cream of tartar, but do i need the filler (corn starch)?
whose interests are those in the interests for this community? wicca was the first i saw and i see there are other religions listed. i find them strange (aside from the "curiosity," "learning," and "questions" type of interests that i expect).
"A rabid Harry Potter fan took his life yesterday after inadvertently learning a plot spoiler from the soon-to-be-released J.K. Rowling opus, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Book 6)
Jude Ralston, 32, of Hudson, Ohio left a suicide note indicating that since overhearing the plot spoiler at a shopping mall earlier in the day, "I no longer have a reason to live."
Family and friends who gathered for a candlelight memorial outside Mr. Ralston's house remembered a man who seemed to live only for Harry Potter – and wondered if they could have done anything to prevent his tragic fate. . . . . . . "
Here is the full story: http://yubanet.com/artman/publish/article_22620.shtml
Edit: It's fake: http://www.snopes.com/politics/satire/potter.asp
thanks to the people that pointed it out.
But with it even being fake, Do you still think someone would go that far?
How much did your wedding cost? And about how many guests did you have?
My dad seems to have no idea how much they cost these days, so I have the nagging feeling that when I get married, it'll be the smallest, saddest wedding ever.
I know it's probably pretty important to have your university diploma on hand. But what about high school?
I graduated a year ago and never received my actual diploma. Should I ask to get it or does it not matter?
Will I ever need to provide or show my high school diploma for any reason?
Do you have a CPR certificate? What was your main motivation to get this? (Was it required for a job or school or you did it on your own for other reasons?)
Have you ever performed CPR in a real emergency?
Do you want to or plan to learn CPR?
I just watched this one this morning. It will be weird to think that half of the Towers is now gone.
Have any of you ever stumbled upon a picture of yourself posted somewhere? Whether it was photo-shopped or not?
I'm trying to make a cover letter and I want the accent over 'resume'.
Who do you think should pay for weddings? The girl's side of the family? The guy's? Both? Just the two getting married?
- assuming that you're gonna have a wedding ceremony/reception/gathering.. and you're not just going to get a marriage license. :)
Oh and I'm curious - for your family/culture/etc.. who traditionally pays for the wedding?
I'm Chinese, so typically the guy's side of the family pays for the wedding (the ceremony, the reception.. etc.) but the girl's side of the family pays for the gifts that you would give to your relatives (gift certificates for baked goods and what not) - the guy's side of the family also has to pay a dowry of sorts, but these days that tends to go toward the ceremony cost. Not sure if I'd follow this if I was getting married though.
2) Do you have a favorite podcast(s)?
3) What is the best podcast you've heard (non commercial company produced)?
4) What is the worst podcast you've heard?
5) If you were to listen to a podcast, what would you want to hear? i.e. what makes you like/dislike a particular podcast?
( Collapse )
Some background: I live in a 3-building apartment complex. Each building has one laundry room with two washing machines and two dryers, which serve 16 units. It's not uncommon for tenants to jump to another building to use the machines if the machines in their own building are in use. I don't do this personally but lots of people do and as far as I know it's not frowned upon.
( Collapse )
I was kind of curious to see what etiquette dictates in this situation so I googled it and got mixed results. What are your thoughts (besides the fact that I'm probably over-thinking it:))?
I'm in college and I just started using it...mostly because everyone else did and I felt like I was missing out on something. but...I dont actually think that my clothes are softer now then when I started using it. what is it supposed to do? is it just supposed to make your tshirts smell nice? am i the only one who thinks its a useless and shameless marketing ploy?
( Collapse )
To slim down the quickest, I should ________
Hahaha, I know I will regret adding the essential smart ass answer, because like myself, some of you will be tempted to choose it and I will suffer a skewed result. :D
Suppose a friend of yours went to a camp to be a counselor, but once they got there, discovered the didn't want to do it - too stressful, and they don't want to cloud the experience of the campers. Said friend is signed up to work a six week session.
Her parents want her to stay and carry out her committment, she wants to leave and come home.
That being said, she of course wouldn't leave without the permission of her boss - she might work for two weeks, and then go home.
If she called you and said she needed someone to pick her up, but her parents won't because they want her to stay, would you do it? It'd be about a twelve hour drive one-way.
If so, are there any legal issues if her parents didn't want you to pick her up? Could you be charged with kidnapping or anything? (Her parents aren't psychos, just very over-controlling.)
Also, would you bring a friend so you didn't have to drive alone?
2. About a week after I get my permit, I may be driving down to Los Angeles from Sacramento. Should I be scared? Edit: Yes, I would be driving under the legal terms of the permit (with my dad).
3. Can someone with a learner's permit drive a rental car, or do you need a license?
1. would you quit your steady post-university entry level job for a short-term super exciting one that could lead to opportunities?
2. at what age really does one need to be what those adults call responsible?
3. whats an adult anyway, and are you one?
4. ever gone to said steady job with a big stain on what you thought was a clean shirt?
Say a person goes down right in front of you. They're not breathing, you are the only person around and you know CPR. You don't have a pocket face mask around. The person has all these oozing lesions on their mouth. They're oozing pus and blood.
What would you do?
Let them die, or catch yucky mouth sores that will plague you. You don't know WHAT this person has either, maybe hepatitus or HIV...
that pointy bit on the end... not a stinger or anything, right?
and, if we're out camping, and there's as far we can tell no tomato/pepper/tobacco/potato plants growing nearby... how did it get here? and what could we feed it?
I'm kinda freaked out by it. it's moved the bowl it's under about a foot.
new question: crawfish. what sortof prep would go into cooking them, and how would you go about it?
-imdb.com trivia from O, brother, where art thou?
If you are scheduled off on your pay day, do you go down to pick up your check or do you wait until the next day?
Do you carry your social security card with you?
Do you ever fall asleep at work?
0114 976 145 ####
duh! thanks :o)
2) Do you think of Zombie attacks a lot? Even if you haven't seen a zombie movie in a really long time. Do you think about where you would go, what pervisions you would need and what the best place to stay would be?
3) If you said "yes" to number 2, please explain (in detail) what your emergency zombie plan would be.
4) If you answered "yes" to both 2 & 3, have you ever gone out to learn a skill in order to combat zombies (when they attack) or gathered supplies for such an event?
5) if you answered "no" to both 2 & 3, don't you think it's high time you got your ass in gear and started preparing for a Zombie attack?
6) Do you wear sunglasses at night, so you keep track of the visions in your eyes?
7) Only __________ Prevent forest fires (you, me) <---- fill in the blank!!
Do you think I, a 16 year old girl, could live off the food in that store for the rest of my life, given none of it would spoil?
Any word, any word at all! Bring 'em on!
Here is an example of how they are used in my paper:
1. Social Studies incorporates both History and Geography, but puts them together in a cross-curricular way.
-I think that because they are talking about specific classes (History and Geography) that they are capitalized.
So...grammar nazis - to capitalize or not?
( Collapse )
2. Do you think obesity is a disease/problem that needs to be fixed?
Or do you think the problem is in our heads and we should learn to accept people the way they are?
3. How long does it usually take the cops to recover a stolen car, if at all?