~ I’m going to be in 11th grade.
~ I pretty much live with my boyfriend, Jon.
~ I go home (my dad’s house) a few times a week.
~ When I was in 6th grade, my grandpa shot and killed my grandma and then killed himself.
~ My mom took it pretty hard and but she managed to waste all the money we got from it. We lost the house, and she’s currently in and out of jail. I don’t even really know where she’s living.
~ My grandma had this fountain. It’s a little boy with a bucket and water flows out of the bucket into a small pond thing. We got it and now it’s in front of my dad’s house.
The fountain was inside at my dad’s house. My mom was there and she set the fountain on fire. Little kids started coming out of it. But she just kept setting them on fire too. I was bawling and I was yelling at her to stop. I told her that grandma wouldn’t want her to do that. She kept yelling back at me, “Why didn’t you tell me?! Why didn’t you tell me that?!” Jon was there, but he was just in the background and he didn’t do anything.
This dream has really been bugging me. I can’t think about anything else. Jon says I’m overanalyzing, and dreams don’t mean anything. But I think they do.. ??
2. Do you think Bush has done anything good/right? If so, what?
Well, I called the L'Oreal customer service number on the box to let them know how things went ary, and aside from telling me they would send me a certificate to compensate for the cost of the first kit, the lady on the line told me that to fix it, I would take Preference Medium Brown 5G and mix per instructions, but to add half of just the colour of Preference Light Aulburn 6R and mix it in so that the overall shade would be more brown, but the red would fill in the blonde-ish spots without making it ashy/greeny (possible if just the brown was applied). I thanked her for her help and hung up, but when I was at the store, I started thinking - why couldn't I just use a reddish brown? Isn't that essentially what she was saying I needed, only with a more customized colour and 2 boxes of dye versus one generic shade?
So I got ColorSpa in Chestnut (reddish brown) since it's semipermanent (because I JUST coloured my hair) and it seems like it would do ok too, but now I am paranoid I should just do what the woman said... Help?
I'm looking for a book/CD rom to help me study. At the bookstore and on Amazon, there are about a billion.
Did anyone find a particular one (Kaplan, Princeton Review, etc.) really good? Any last minute study tips?
Which one would you miss the most??
2. what trashy tv talk show do you watch?
3. what are you doing today?
- ramen noodles
- ellen when i am home from work and it's on (which is maybe 3 times a year)
- i have the day off, so watching trashy tv, having a bath and meeting someone downtown to see a movie
If I am not wrong, the drawing was meant to prove that people who hadn't been exposed to a certain something can't see it even if it's right in front of them. Like in the case of the children - their young age has not yet 'opened' them to the images of the women, so all they see are dolphins. Whereas for us adults...
Anyone know what picture I am talking about?
EDIT: Found it. And it was a couple, not a lot of people. And it was nine dolphins instead of seven. =)
2. When you can't sleep, like actually just are not sleepy even though you are exhausted, what do you do? I try reading, but I'm too tired for that. I can't watch TV cause I get bored and then frusturated, and I can't write cause my hand is too lazy to hold a pen, heeelpp!
(My search engine queries for "starbucks menu prices" and the like return results with people complaining about prices, and I apparently fail at finding stuff on their prices on their site)
1. If you find a a random fortune strip from a fortune cookie, but not IN a cookie, do you think the fortune was meant to find you?
2. What does it mean if you get a fortune cookie with NO FORTUNE?
3. Do you believe in fortune cookies? Even sometimes?
4. Do you ever keep the strip of paper with your fortune?
5. Do you remember any of your favorite fortunes? What was it...?
6. If you could write fortune cookies, what kind of things would you write?
And if anyone knows where I can get a screencap of it, that'd be great (I already looked in cap_it but I don't want to download entire zip files).
( Collapse )
I think I kinda pissed off someone I bought a laptop battery from on ebay and now I am a bit worried since this person has my address (from shipping the item to me).
( Collapse )
So after all that, I started to worry. He does have my address. Should I be worried? What should I do?
EDIT: I sent an apology email. To those of you who actually answered my question and offered constructive solutions, thank you very much. To those of you who wasted everyone's time and screen space by just stopping by to say "You're rude, nanny nanny poo poo," get a life.
If "only" Sith deal in absolutes (which is a pretty absolute statement)...what about Yoda? Here are his damning quotes, italics added for emphasis: "Do, or do not. There is no try." And also, "Always two there are, no more, no less... a master and an apprentice."? Pretty darn absolute statements, there.
Is there any more evidence against him you can think of? :D
Is there anything I can do until I get in contact with my mother, any gadgets or dodads I can check and feel like I'm doing something?
And how in all hells can I go about taking a shower?
Why does everything in this house keep breaking?
Edit: Ah, seems like a water pipe broke, or something else this is not my fault.
This woman (the exes friend) has recently graduated from college and is looking into getting started in the career that your husband got into a few years ago and she would like to talk to him about how hard it is to get started, build a clientele, etc. You've never met her, but you know she's been a relationship for a long time, recently engaged, and she's been friends with the ex for 7 years or so.
How would you feel about that? Would lunch be okay? Would talking on the phone be okay? Would just emailing be okay? Would you rather him not talk to her at all?
I'm the friend here, and I never thought it would be inappropriate to ask him to lunch. We're both professional people, and this kind of thing is the norm in my professional circles. There was never a suggestion of anything else on my part.
If it was my husband, I wouldn't care, and I'm kind of surprised it's ruffled any feathers.
1. what is the one piece of clothing you adore to wear (probably too much in other people's opinions)?
2. name one role-model for you, alive or dead, friend or not?
3. very superficially, whats your type?
4. what do you do weekly to be a better person? volunteer, read, give, what?
5. its friday! what are you up to tonight?
As we are standing on our feet
So since you want to be with me
You'll have to follow through
With every word you say
And I, all I really want is you
For you to stick around
I'll see you everyday
But you have to follow through
So this is the start of something good, don't you agree??
I'm wondering if anyone has any recommendations for Romance Novels with decent plot and steamy love scenes? Or bad plots and really gooood love scenes?
::crawls back in her hiding place::
1. Why am I online when I should be doing a whole list of things? It's not like I'm even doing anything WORTHWHILE.
2. Who's finished their exams, and how are you celebrating?
3. What thing/event are you most looking forward to in the near future...
( Collapse )
do you believe in love at first sight? or love at first meeting?
if not, how long does it take to fall in love someone? a few days? a few weeks? months? years?
He doesn't want to get a regular cell phone because they are too expensive and he is retired and on a fixed income.
I have a Verizon LGVX6000, which I bought last June 2004 when I got my cell phone plan. I'm the primary line on the family plan I share with my sister. I got a 2-year contract, which expires next June 2006.
So my question is, if I wanted to upgrade to a newer phone before my 2-year is over, how would that work? Would I have to pay the full cost of the new phone, which is usually $300something?
I was at seventeen.com and since I already have a subscription to that magizine I was trying to sign up for membership at the website so I could enter contests. Well... I didnt really read what I was signing up for and accidently signed up for another subscription. Does any of you know how to cancel the subscription without writing a letter and sending it to seventeen?
Thanks for your help...
And I already looked for ways to cancle the subscription but didnt find much other then having tomail a letter to them.
And pelase dont leave any nasty comments. I know it was really really stupid of me. I'm sick today and wasnt really paying much attention
Al quaeda, blamed for 9/11 attacks.
taliban.... blamed for...9... wait. now I'm confused.
could someone remind me, because goddamn I'm feeling stupid right now.
Also: is there a free something or other I could use to get just the bass line from a song? there's a few songs that I can think of a good use for the bass line, without the rest of it. especially the words.
In all the Marine history I learned in my five years, I never heard what happened to that first Marine Corps Mameluke sword.
2. Have you eaten at Wendy's since the finger incident?
3. Would you rather go into work an hour earlier than usual and get off an hour earlier, or go in an hour later than usual and get off an hour later?
4. Do you ever experience painful awkwardness by not talking to co-workers in the lunchroom for extended periods of time?
5. Do Flintstone's vitamins have a different flavor per color or all they all the same flavor?
6. How much water do you drink per day?
7. Do you pull a piece of toilet paper before, during, or after you pee? Fold or wad?
8. Do you wash your hands everytime you use the bathroom? Do you use soap everytime?
9. ....Is there anything you've ever wanted to know about anyone on this board but never asked?
10. How many is too many?
It makes me very very very sad.
Anyone else feel the need to watch cartoons after seeing a horror flick? hehehe
I have absolutely wonderful references from all of the work I've done previously (my current boss adores me)...except for one. This past year, I worked as a work study student doing data entry and organizational stuff in the paleontology museum of my college. The hours were basically "work whenever you have free time, don't need a supervisor, etc." I got completely overwhelmed with schoolwork and attempting to pass my classes, had problems with depression, and basically stopped coming in to work. I'm sure that the person I was working for has little good to say about me. I've never flaked out like that before, but I just couldn't deal with that AND confusing classes (two of which I ended up failing anyway).
Since it was work study, does it even count as a real job? Do I have to put it on my app? If I do list it, do you think they'll even check the reference, since it's long distance and it sounds like I have the job in the bag anyway? If I do leave it off, is there any way that they could find out about it anyway? What do you think would be the best action to take? I really want this second job, and don't want to screw it up either by attempted deception or having a bad reference.