|Various sports questions :)
||[May. 22nd, 2005|05:43 pm]
The Question Club
1. I am the happy owner of a new squishy pillow (a pink/orange/green
one, in the shape of a volleyball). What's the best way to clean it?
It's probably pretty cheaply made, because it was only $5 at
Albertson's. The tag says to spot clean only and not launder/dry clean,
but I'm going to be taking it to volleyball tournaments and putting it
all over various gym floors. Is there any way to more thoroughly clean
it - perhaps on the hand wash or rinse cycle of my washing machine, in
a lingerie bag? (It's a 87% nylon/13% polyurethane exterior.)|
2. This is a question for volleyball players/basketball players/other
indoor-sport-on-a-gym-floor players: What's the best way to keep your
soles clean (so you get grip) on a dusty floor? Yesterday we played a
volleyball tournament in a gym with really dirty floors, and I
literally had to clean off my soles after every point. What I do now is
wipe them on my socks or on my hand, but is there a better way that
3. Related to the last question, is anyone else really anal about
keeping the soles of their indoor-sport shoes clean and in good
condition? Unless I'm running really late to pratice or a tournament,
or my coach has us run outside, I never wear my volleyball shoes out of
the gym. I always take them off and put on sandals.
4. Do Active Ankle T2 braces have a "life span" - should I buy new
ankle braces after a certain period of time, or just use them until
they physically break?
5. Does plyometric jump training work? I've currently got about a 17"
vertical (I'm 5'6") with no training, I know it varies but how much
could I expect to gain and in how much time?
6. I actually like wearing it, but who came up with the idea that female volleyball players must wear spandex shorts?
7. Do you think it's okay to change shirts (at an athletic event) if
you're wearing a sports bra? I try to do it discreetly, and most people
don't care, but occasionally people give me odd looks.