I like the way "resplendent" sounds.
Personally, I don't think you should need to say "excuse me." We seem to have something against flatulence which makes any situation like that awkward. I think saying "excuse me" just makes it even more awkward. So I won't say anything, and I would prefer other people don't either.
I just thought I would include that it's not that I think it's not rude, but I don't see why burping is less rude / more acceptable... they certainly seem the same to me. I don't think either is good to do in public, but at the same time, they're natural body functions, yanno? Why apologize for being human? (although still, I will definitely avoid it if it's at all possible!)
What do you think? From the people you know and have talked to, which do you think is a more accurate representation of people's feelings about the wedding?
 new question, is it even possible to change a video card on a laptop? Are there any video cards that can be stuck into the PC card slot?
Don't get me wrong, I love my weatherpixies, but I'm afraid they're out of style/don't really fit my persona. ya know?
what is the worst in general, that hasn't necessarily been used on you?
what is the best?
the worst i can think of was when my boyfriend once called me "princess." BLECH.
the worst in general is "babe." GOD, who seriously says that anyway?
i dunno if it's the best but i love when my boyfriend calls me "precious."
2. It's a little sad that a second-year computing student has to ask questions like this, isn't it?
*I love in Fort Myers, Florida...so after 9 there isn't much to do aside from go to Wal-Mart, and eat at Denny's because they are the only places open 24 hours. But I would have to say my favorite thing to do (of course) would be go to the beach. During the day, at night. Whenever. Our beach is sweet, there's places to eat, and a club, and what not. And SWEEET sunsets. Haha.
1.Has anyone here ever worked at a grocery store?
4. How long did you work there?
5. What did you do there?
6. Did you like it?
7. Do you have any funny/crazy/outrageous stories about crazy customers, shoplifters, crazy employees you want to share?
( Collapse )
Can I safely delete them?
Who in your life do you try to avoid? And I mean avoid by do ANYTHING not to see them. ( Collapse )
I REALLY want this interview!
Going back to my previous issues, she brought up last night that I "owed it to her to come outside and talk", so does it mean I am in debt to her for good deeds she does every once in a while to get me to stop whining? I think you all might be right and we might want to go to being casual acquaintances and not "best friends" since neither one of us can handle that responsibility, or think of "best friend" as something entirely different. She's already got a boyfriend and a large following of people who love her so I am not really necessary and I don't like to have to split my friends with other people since they focus their attention on the other people more.
Am I being childish?
1) If your mom has to get cancer for your friends to show you they care, do your friends really care?
2) Am I in debt to her for good deeds she does every once in a while to shut me up?
3) Should I be okay with not having a best friend?
4) Am I being childish?
There ya go, lots of food for thought.
If you have no idea what I'm talking about but think you give good advice, the topic is a page or two down so go look for it and know the whole thing and then come back. Or you can advise me from just what you've read here, I think it is enough to go on.
Do you put your desired salary and availability/starting date on your resume or cover letter and which way is better?
Also, what do you wear under your gown for your graduation ceremony when there is no dress code?
i think i'm going to make my first themed mixtape in a few minutes.
what should my theme be?
I have an equation and it says erf(x/2*root*Dt) = 0.5
I bet this is too vague...
I have a table to use, but I have no idea how to use it. My jerkface professor requires that we know billions of equations for our final when he has NEVER covered them. If any of you know what I'm talking about, it's an equation for carborization.
It's a DVD of a movie made with friends for a film fest.
I seem to be the only one with one of these DVDs who can't play it. I have WMP10, iTunes, and DivX. Is there a free player that will play this for me?
Or the one that is just entirely different from anything else in your collection.
Mine's Good Charlotte. They're just so fucking cute.
I listed myself on the National Do Not Call Registry the 3rd day it was available. I have gotten 2 telemarketing calls today, companies that said I visited their websites - I can't remember the first one, the second just now was idish.com - but I've never been to either site.
Has something changed about the Registry that allows calls now? I said I wasn't interested on both calls, but if it continues I'm going to complain... I think. It was pointed out to me by a former coworker that the registry cut down on calls and therefore put people out of work, so I have to reconsider... but in the meantime, anyone heard anything?
(Sorry if that's illegal to direct questions at people and have them not make sense.)
How do you pronounce "evangelion"?
or Evan-gelion (like evangelist but with a change to 'ion' instead of ist?)
1. Do you put your flowers in a "vace" (face with a "v") or a "vohz"? I say "vohz" but people give me funny looks. (vase)
2. Who else here can't stand to have dry hands? I put lotion on my hands as much as 1-3 times an hour, if they feel dry. I *don't* have OCD, it's just a thing I have.
3. Why do you think it is that the average guy has far fewer pairs of shoes than the average girl? Yes, there are definitely exceptions, but most guys I know have 3-4 pairs of ordinary shoes (running/athletic shoes, sneakers, and sandals/flip-flops, not including dress shoes and sport-specific shoes), while most girls have far more? I have 24 pairs (all types, including slippers). It's the same with clothes in general.
4. Does it seem to you that wherever you need to go is nowhere near where you live, or where is convenient? I live in the heart of suburbia in my city, but nowhere is ever nearby. My volleyball tournaments are always 20+ minutes away in the North or South areas, my friends all live downtown or in other cities/areas 15-30 minutes away. I know rent/housing is far cheaper in the other areas but doesn't it seem better to pay more but be more centrally located?
( Collapse )
So, anyone have any idea what sources I could use or go to? I've done everything I can think of, and I still can't find anything.
don't you hate it when you go to mcdonald's and you get the old, gross fries that have been sitting all day? i only get cravings for fast food like, once a year, and it just happened that when i went, i got stuck with the brown, soggy old fries. serves me right. how often do you eat fast food?
if paul simon and art garfunkel got in a fist fight, who would win?
Girls: When a boy opens a door for you do you say "Thank You?"
Boys: When you open the door for a girl do you expect her to say "Thank You?" Does it bother you if she doesn't?
*edit* i meant like... on a date... and the door is opened multiple times... should the girl say "thank you" every single time...? I've always wondered if i should say "Thank you" after the 2nd time... because I mean... it is expected, do i make any sense?
I was going to do something on overpopulation but couldn't come up with enough causes or solutions.