1. What are your Superbowl plans?
2. I changed printer cartridges today in my HP printer and the new cartridge came with an envelope to send the old cartridge back in for recycling. Has anyone else sent one back in? I think this is the niftiest thing ever.
3. I have the opportunity to get a new vehicle. A brand spanking new hybrid Ford Escape. Pick out the color, interior, everything... special order it straight from the factory. But I currently drive a 2002 Mustang in near perfect shape and there's absolutely nothing wrong with it at all. The pros to getting the Escape: it's a hybrid, it's a mini SUV, and I'd have room to haul my keyboard with me wherever it needed to go. The cons: my Mustang doesn't have a thing wrong with it, I don't have a steady gig at this time, and I drive so many highway miles that the hybrid aspect of the Escape probably wouldn't matter, plus they haven't found any bugs with the hybrid model and I'm 99% sure they will sometime soon. So am I a fool for passing up this opportunity or not? I'm going to feel guilty either way, but maybe someone here can justify my decision to stick with my Mustang for me? (Cost is an issue too but my mom isn't making that big of a deal out of it, plus I should have a fairly good paying job soon, but outside of that it's just choosing between one vehicle I have and another one I've been drooling over.)
4. If you could meet anybody in the world, who would it be?
5. How do you keep your feet warm at night?
Do sweet hearts have different flavors? or do all the colors taste the same. I can't tell, but my friend says they do?
In the play Miss Julie by August Strindberg, when two of the characters have sex one says to the other "And now you've seen the hawk's back"... I don't understand it, I figure it's a reference to some sort of parable or common story or something? Anbody got any ideas?
Tried Googling it and just got a lot of stuff about Tony Hawk :-)
I've been trying to figure out what this game is for months:
It was a puzzle game that involved colored marbles rolling down different chutes. You would have to position a glass vile under the corresponding chute and catch the marbles, and then you would position the vile over different rows of marbles along the bottom of the screen. The goal was to dump the caught marbles onto matching colored marbles below and avoid "garbage" marbles. I think. The details in my mind are a little sketchy since I was in elementary at the time.
I remember playing it probably sometime around 1995.
1. If the bride's father is dead/estranged/whatever and cannot give her away, who is a suitable replacement? Is the father of the groom usually asked, or is it simply an older man that the bride is friends with?
2. I know the bride's family traditionally pays for the wedding, but does anyone traditionally chip in for the honeymoon, or is that pretty much 100% the couple's responsibility? I feel like somewhere I heard that the groom's family chipped in.
3. Has anyone had/been to a wedding where children were not allowed at the ceremony? I really would not like young children at my ceremony. Would it be rude to ask guests to leave their kids at home? I heard of one couple paying for childcare to be provided at the location of the wedding. Would it be rude to ask guests to pay for this service?
Why do some people use "baby talk" when they talk to babies? The babies don't seem to pay more attention to it or get more enjoyment from it. It's not a natural form of speech for the person speaking to the baby.
Some scholars have postulated that using "baby talk" (along with allowing him to watch television shows that use "baby talk" or babble, like 'BooBah!' or 'The Teletubbies') might even be detrimental to a baby's early learning processes.
Some people use "baby talk" with both babies and with pets, while other people use it with one but not the other, or with neither. Why?
i used to play a computer game when i was little, i cant remember the name of the game.
it was one of those ones where you can put all sorts of items on the screen, there was a small girl and a swing,and the sort of stuff you get in the playground. You could make it day or night and when you pressed the start button everything moved.
Anyone know what it was called?
What's the deal with the Olsen Twin adoration? Other than as poster children for pro-eating disorder communities, which I've seen, I don't understand their widespread appeal to teens on LJ.
I need to find a picture of Ernie from Sesame Street when he is on the moon singing "I dont want to live on the Moon." Anyone have that?
How are you feeling today mentally?
How do you feel about striped ties with striped jackets?
so yeah, i didn't realize that i have 50 gmail invites.
does anyone want one?
(reply w/ your email.)
I'm at a helicopter show in Anaheim and we'd like to broadcast the superbowl via projector.
Anyone know where I can watch the superbowl online??
Thanks a bunch!!
Does anyone know where I can find a good gallery of Boyd Holbrook pictures? I've Googled the crap out of him with no success...and I'd like to use his pictures in some upcoming icons.
I have a new community where posting fan-fiction is allowed. I'm not familiar with the fanfic world, but I would like to compose a small form for people to use when posting.
Something like this:
Characters: (<- celebrities being slashed or whatever)
Contains: (anything like violence or other stuff people might find objectionable.)
For those of you familiar with forms like these and the fanfic world, what do you think I should include in this little form?
Thank in advance!
Do you think prostitution should be legalized? Why or why not?
I've noticed that a lot of people think it should be legalized, and I'm just curious as to why-- what could the advantages be? Personally, I'd be afraid that it would majorly spread disease. But maybe there's some side to the issue I'm not seeing, and I'd like to see what others' points of view are.
Ever been totally hypnotised by LJ? Did you find that indulging the feeling and going on a huge binge of searching for new communities/people by interests put you off eventually? Or did you have to just shake yourself out of it and GET ON WITH STUFF?
I work for a company that is supposed to give raises every two months after your first six months. I've been working there for almost a year, and I've been promoted and told I'd be getting a raise because of it. I haven't. Now that I'm finding that I really need a raise, I don't know how to ask.
I remember seeing somewhere a comic strip about blood oranges being zombie eggs... or something... can I get linked to that?
when you are stoned, do you feel compelled to inform those around you of your current state of mind? or do you generally keep it to yourself? are you ever annoyed by other people doing this?
Whats a good valentines day present to get a guy?
what the fuck do i do if someone on my friends list is committing suicide?
i've filed a report with lj support, and emailed email@example.com
are there any words or phrases that immediately make you think of a song?
do you feel compelled to sing it?
i do this all of the time.
particularly when someone says the word "vindicated"
and yes, im afraid i sing it.
Matt Groening supposedly likes Little Britain so much he is going to put some of its characters into The Simpsons. I do believe it is going to be Daffyd who will be on The Simpsons. It makes me think of two questions:
Q1. Do Americans even know what Little Britain is?
Q2. If so do you understand the references?
i was trying to remember a good site that links to your aim profile
to tell you who reads your profile, and how often etc
does anyone know what i'm talking about?
if so, can anyone suggest a good one?
I've been cutting up onions for the past little while for a recipe. And crying...
Do you know of any special techniques, tricks or gadgets to dice/chop onions so I won't cry? please...?
EDIT: I totally got some great advice. So, here's what I'm gonna do by putting all of your great suggestions together:
I'll wear contact lenses, high heels and goggles while chopping refrigerated Vidalia onions under cold running water with a piece of bread hanging out of my mouth. I'll move to the stove where I'll turn on the stove vent and the back burner and finish up the chore. And the best suggestion: Buy pre-chopped onions! ha.
Really, thanks y'all. :)))
So..What did everyone do after SATC finished? What show did you watch?
There's a new development I am moving too (opened last April). It took over a field and created new street names etc. I'm trying to give people directions, but these street names aren't on mapquest! How long do you think it'll be until Mapquest gets it?
Upset that the patriots won. . .again. Atleast the eagles didn't lose by much.
Did anyone else think that the commercials sucked this year??????Why or Why not? If you did like atleast one, which one(s) was it?
So, the main reason I watch the superbowl is for the commercials. Usually they have some good/cute/funny commercials. .. This year. . .sucked the big one. I didn't like any of them. Wait, there was one, but I've already forgotten it,wait, nope, it was the one for the mortgage company. . and the guy is making dinner, and he spills red sauce on the floor, then the white cat walks in it and the guy has the knife in his hand, next his girlfriend walks in to see him holding the cat by the neck covered in red sauce and the big knife in his other hand. That one was funny. I think that is the only one that amused me. . . I was really disapointed :-(. Then they played the 2005 Mustang commercials like 4 or 5 times in a row. That was annoying. :-(:-( Suxors.
Anyone else sick of seeing people misuse "I" thinking that whole big deal about misusing "me" meant to never use it?!!
He is going to come with my sister and I.
The bus picked up Jack and I at noon.
That was for my mother and I to eat.
Wrong! All wrong!! Arghhh
I'd even prefer seeing things like:
You and me are going together.
Who was it for?
(also grammatical no-no's).
Nobody is perfect and I make enough mistakes myself, but people obviously do this knowingly, probably thinking they're bettering themselves, it doesn't even sound natural.