February 8th, 2003

Sally Mae Loans

My boyfriend needs to have surgery that is not covered under insurance, and was hoping to take out a school loan in order to pay for it. We have gone to the sallymae website, but there are so many links and so much information, we don't know where to begin. How does one take out a loan and get the money given to them instead of their school? What specific loan would he need to take out? What paperwork is needed?